Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I've listened to half of the episode so far. It's good, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Apoplexy posted:

I've listened to half of the episode so far. It's good, folks.

When you say that, do you mean the interview? Cause yeah, good-rear end interview and I’ll be sending her 10 bux. If you mean actual episode, WHY YOU HOLDING OUT? GIVE IT TO ME!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Haha, no, no, the interview between Felix and Liz or whatever her name is, the transgirl who likes the word like. She's cool and I take any opportunity to listen to Felix talk about being Extremely Online growing up. Nick did the same thing on Cum Town 32, like 15 minutes in or so until 30ish: A lotta talk about IRCing and goatse and all. That sorta stuff makes me feel like maybe I'm not alone in this horrible existence. :unsmith:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Felix is pretty good on Kanye so far. :thumbsup:

https://soundcloud.com/and-intro-pod/25-kanye-west-ft-felix-biederman

Although the podcast is now talking about Kanye and popular fashion, and I have no loving clue what any of this is about. :corsair: :smith:

And now rap beefs. :sigh:

"huh JOM en ee"

I'm so old and so square and so white and so out-of-touch. :smith:

prefect fucked around with this message at 15:13 on May 2, 2018

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
:siren: Matt’s going to play a video game

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm surprised both threads aren't going nuts for a Felix MGS LP.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Way more amped about Matt and Virgil playing Crusader Kings

also they mentioned assassins creed, i hope they make matt and amber play the parts of ac:syndicate where you meet karl marx

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm surprised both threads aren't going nuts for a Felix MGS LP.

I'm looking forward to it. I don't really expect much in the way of political insights outside "MGS2 predicted social media" and "Big Boss just wanted to organize his workplace", but it'll be fun to watch.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it’s bad enough Felix plays fortnite but it’s even worse he plays on console.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I can't wait for Virgil to play CK2 so everyone can find out what I already know: Virgil is not a very good video game player. While I have absolutely no concrete proof of this, I am 100% confident making this assertion.

crusader kings is actually about making a fun story and it's trivial to powergame into a massively powerful empire, so it's probably the worst game to demonstrate my theory.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

it’s bad enough Felix plays fortnite but it’s even worse he plays on console.
What is this Fortnite thing. I gather that it's some Battle Royale type thing but everything about the design is the most bland and uninteresting thrown-together trash heap.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
I love in the latest ep when Matt and Will talk about either party only having cultural or political capital, the GOP not having any cultural clout really does get under their skin so loving much. Even during the Bush years they had poo poo like 24.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

What is this Fortnite thing. I gather that it's some Battle Royale type thing but everything about the design is the most bland and uninteresting thrown-together trash heap.

It was originally a different game, but when PUBG got popular the developers threw together a BR mode and released it as a standalone free-to-play thing, and its popularity has vastly overshadowed the original game.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/991711773899264001

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ive become a radical antigamer like matt due to virgil and felix being such bad gamers.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:same:

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Halloween Jack posted:

It was a left 4 dead type game with minecraft elements which was given a makeover into a battle royale game with minecraft elements when PUBG got big.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Well okay, but there's just something off about it that I can't put my finger on. Design-wise it throws a lot of different stuff in a blender, and what comes out looks very aggressively bland. Gears of War had a visual motif of "big guns, skulls, and mud" but it was still something.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
both major battle royale games are that way. PUBG just draws on the gun fetishist trash heap instead of the cartoony meme trash heap

there's a new one called Islands of Nyne that seems like it actually has a focused design, but it's in like pre-alpha or alpha

Serf
May 5, 2011

its funny how fortnite came out and it was poo poo that no one cared about, and then they threw in battle royale and it basically ate pubg's lunch. that poo poo is all i hear about now

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I can't believe we may get Matt playing ck2. My only impact on this world may be getting people to play video games that I want but hell I'll take it.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Serf posted:

its funny how fortnite came out and it was poo poo that no one cared about, and then they threw in battle royale and it basically ate pubg's lunch. that poo poo is all i hear about now

Part of it is that fortnite actually has an aesthetic in the tf2/overwatch pseudocartoon sense, whereas pubg was basically assembled entirely out of unity store asset packages

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

and it’s a much easier game. that tends to help popularity.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Uh, Fortnite's design is good and cool.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
PUBG is as janky as a late 2000s Eastern European game.

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

this discussion keeps making me think of how matt says "PEE-YOU-BEE-GEE" in the christmas special

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Boywhiz88 posted:

When you say that, do you mean the interview? Cause yeah, good-rear end interview and I’ll be sending her 10 bux. If you mean actual episode, WHY YOU HOLDING OUT? GIVE IT TO ME!

I volunteer for the Jones-Wright campaign and she’s pretty goddamn amazing, if you are down with DAs like that throw her a few bucks if you can.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Is Amanda Marcotte supposed to be bad? For some reason, her name reminds me of somebody saying bad things about her, but she seems to be sensible.

https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/status/992371863476211713

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The buddhist preamble to the movie review owns. Just top shelf.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

prefect posted:

Is Amanda Marcotte supposed to be bad? For some reason, her name reminds me of somebody saying bad things about her, but she seems to be sensible.

she sure as hell wasn't sensible in 2016 lol

I think her greatest take was that saying "Bernie would have won" is catcalling

Bryter fucked around with this message at 13:20 on May 4, 2018

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

prefect posted:

She's come up in some of the episodes--I believe Roqayah Chammseddine and Liza Featherstone both mentioned her. In short, she's an extremely corporate type of feminist. There was a time, not so long ago, when she was critical of that phenomenon, but in 2016 at least she was all-in for Clinton and Bernie Bros became her nemesis. I guess Salon pays well.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 4, 2018

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
could've sworn marcotte coined the term bernie bro a la rebecca traister's obama boys but turns out it was some no-name shithead at the atlantic

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

marcotte had a bunch of dumb takes long before 2016 but i can't remember any of em.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea Marcotte isn't interesting enough to be that memorable aside from the general fact she was on the 'More. Women. Guards.' style feminist push and the whole 'saying 'Bernie would have won' is basically violence' thing.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I want a whole born-again buddhist devin faraci reading series

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The buddhist preamble to the movie review owns. Just top shelf.

that was the purest, happiest laughter I've heard out of Matt :unsmith:

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

prefect posted:

All I know about her is she was shilling for her new book on The Majority Report recently. The book is about the history of why the right is mad and wants to own the libs. Somebody called in during the second half of the show and asked Sam the host why he didn't go into Amanda's political opinions from the past election cycle and he just dismissed it, saying it wasn't relevant to the subject at hand.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Spoeank posted:

that was the purest, happiest laughter I've heard out of Matt :unsmith:

It's nice that Matt has friends who can make him laugh, he seems like he needs rhat

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
1)6ix9ine's TreyWay Adventure sounds like a cool indie retro LucasArts style game
2) I like the idea Felix had about new mode of interaction with the audience. Looking forward for the 2024 election : ASMR Darling (D) vs PewDiePie (R)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

The Muppets On PCP posted:

could've sworn marcotte coined the term bernie bro a la rebecca traister's obama boys but turns out it was some no-name shithead at the atlantic

I actually do remember her alluding to that Traister piece way back, just can’t recall her response and the pandagon Internet Archive backups are poo poo to navigate.

Groovelord Neato posted:

marcotte had a bunch of dumb takes long before 2016 but i can't remember any of em.

Her doubling down on the Duke Lacrosse rape case and doing a racism with the first edition of her book :allears:

Also I remember a blog post where she essentially shares Matt’s view on obligate closed toe footwear for men.