Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Yeah, I suspected something like that was going on, which explains why no one else dropped hospital.

Fun game for mobile though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Dangerllama posted:

Haha. I just downloaded PUBG mobile, because why not, and won a chicken dinner on my first game.

I’ve yet to win a chicken dinner on PC :(

The game is full of bots until you hit level 10.

e: whoops, didn't see those other posts.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Why even have snipers, they don’t add much to the game aside from encouraging you to camp

Err what? The Kar98, M24 and AWM exist literally to punish people for sitting still.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Not really. You can move in place while camping a spot and you can stand still to shoot while aggressively chasing people.

At least the moving speed nerf to snipers should help balance this out.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Xenaero posted:

I really don't get why they wanted to expand on the grips. The spray video I watched showed that half grip is basically superior for everything except for single tap which angled still is superior over just for the ADS bonus.

The half grip has a weirdly big vertical spread between the 1st and 2nd shot with the rest of the bullets hitting much closer together. Therefore I'm still going to stick with the angled grip since I think quick double hs will be harder with the half grip.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I think quick double hs will be drat near impossible with the half grip.

FTFY

(I suppose it'd still be somewhat useful for tapping? Except other grips are apparently better for that.)

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Dangerllama posted:

Fun game for mobile though.

You just need the right equipment.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I'm arguing with my dumb friend about this and while I suspect I know what the answer will be here, I want to ask anyways:

First question: Prior to this upcoming weapon balance patch, was the KAR 98 "too good?" (Whatever definition of "too good" you'd like to use)
and Second Question: How does the change to L3 helmets and reduction in AR strength impact the answer to the first question?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
1. No
2. Possibly, though it depends on exact breakpoints of DMRs especially, as well as the severity of the AR nerf

Personally, I think the Kar98 will be overpowered based on the helmet 3 change alone, but I know many people here disagree.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

kars should spawn with 5 shots and be unable to be reloaded. yatta

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The Mash posted:

1. No
2. Possibly, though it depends on exact breakpoints of DMRs especially, as well as the severity of the AR nerf

Personally, I think the Kar98 will be overpowered based on the helmet 3 change alone, but I know many people here disagree.

I mean it hasn’t magically become any easier to headshot someone with a Kar98, it will just be fatal more often.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

The bullet flinch also makes the kar more of a risk/reward weapon in a toe to toe, especially versus the newly buffed DMRS.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

New Dearsomone video --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnOTMTK_BSI

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
Ahhh... reminding me that this game is not, contrary to my personal experiences lately, comprised 100% of a combination frustration/humiliation. It can, in fact, be funny! ... just not when I play it. :(

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

The Mash posted:

1. No

I can agree with this simply because I think it's way easier to land one KAR flickadawriss than it is to land 3 shots with any of the rifles at reasonable range

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

Fantastipotamus posted:

Ahhh... reminding me that this game is not, contrary to my personal experiences lately, comprised 100% of a combination frustration/humiliation. It can, in fact, be funny! ... just not when I play it. :(

The boat gently spinning across the landscape was fun, but the great glitchy vehicle stuff was my favorite.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

abigserve posted:

I can agree with this simply because I think it's way easier to land one KAR flickadawriss than it is to land 3 shots with any of the rifles at reasonable range

Nah

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I hope Rambo choco gets into the next one. That's such a great clip.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

link?

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

ye

so much of this game (especially on miramar) is spent shooting at people peeking through windows/around trees that first headshot is critical

buuut when guys are rocking level 3 helmets suddenly the Kar is dramatically worse than the M4 because the first shot aint gonna put them down anyway

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Choco shoots first and asks questions later.

https://clips.twitch.tv/NaivePoorBeeCeilingCat

(Also if I remember correctly he got a few people before this clip starts? I don't remember well.)

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I don’t know man, that slow Kar98 velocity makes it pretty tough against smart opponents. At this point I’m only getting KAR headshot when healing or maybe reviving because I’ve been forcing myself to move every 1 or 2 shots.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

I don’t know man, that slow Kar98 velocity makes it pretty tough against smart opponents. At this point I’m only getting KAR headshot when healing or maybe reviving because I’ve been forcing myself to move every 1 or 2 shots.

We get into a lot of building to building skirmishes because we fight in San Martin a lot so even when guys are moving a lot at the end of the day the only thing you are ever seeing is their noggin for like less than a second

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

And you can move in place while healing, anyway.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Made it into the highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnqAhqTGTBs&t=504s

The TK was so understandable. I could live with squad mates having the yellow outline as in Xray mode in spec/replay mode. Maybe as a toggle.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Made it into the highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnqAhqTGTBs&t=504s

The TK was so understandable. I could live with squad mates having the yellow outline as in Xray mode in spec/replay mode. Maybe as a toggle.

No matter how many times I watch that clip, I cannot see any overhead marker for Boom. He looks just like any of the other enemies.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
1 vs squad can be a little tense at times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jg63s6wf98

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Good video.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
I love how in the test server, the boat glitches with every wave it hits.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

a wave? at sea? chance of a million

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I would like to apologize to the goon I TKed last night.

Said the scorpion to the frog "I can't help myself. 'tis my nature..."

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Jerkface posted:

RIP to Season 2, I had my best season this time, despite seeing more cheaters in FPP. We ended up smoking a bunch of Auzom open league teams in random pub games which was a lot of fun.

Ayyy improving every season!

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
I can't quite understand how you manage to keep such a high K/D. Congrats.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Nevermind the 46% win rate (Shroud has ~25%).

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Le0 posted:

Cause he wins a lot. Kills carry over if you don't die. On top of being great at the game obviously.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
So what is the 25.6 mb update this downloads every frickin day?

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Shannow posted:

So what is the 25.6 mb update this downloads every frickin day?

I think I read it's part of the anti cheat. Changing the client slightly so only legit clients can connect maybe.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jerkface posted:

Ayyy improving every season!

You should stream the game and make millions!

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Le0 posted:

When you play with good people you are bound to win a lot and kill a lot more people and stay alive a lot longer (more revives when downed because your team immediately kills the people that downed you). The group he plays with is great at the game. I don't play with great people and managed to have a pretty solid season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I have yet to find a goon team good enough to carry my rear end to a chicken dinner this season. Cmon goons git gud.