Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Caphi posted:

You could put someone else in the Hi-Nu? If you get the secret, Sirbine actually works better with Todd or Marvel and leaving Sho in Billbine since Sirbine is almost as boring either way while only Sho can Aura Shoot.

Yeah, Sho is way better in the Billbine than in the Sirbine.

Marvel and Todd also lack Focus and the subpilot in the Sirbine has it, so its basically custom made for one of them. (I go Sho in Billbine, Marvel in Sirbine and Todd in the Vienes).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

The DLC should work fine on your main account with no problems, I haven't had any with the DLC I've downloaded for the two other SEA games I have(G Generation Genesis, and Gundam Breaker 3)

I checked again and it looks like the DLC didn't download and when ever I select download in PSN it spits out an error.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ethiser posted:

I checked again and it looks like the DLC didn't download and when ever I select download in PSN it spits out an error.

That's weird

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ethiser posted:

You have to download it on the SEA account

KoB
May 1, 2009
Yeah, you should be able to use any DLC from another account as long as its set as the primary PS4, just like games.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Z3.2 on the ps3 wouldn't let you unless you were on the main account which was stupid and bad. Unlike Banjo's new cutins on the Sun Attack which are incredible. Love that man.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Caphi posted:

You could put someone else in the Hi-Nu? If you get the secret, Sirbine actually works better with Todd or Marvel and leaving Sho in Billbine since Sirbine is almost as boring either way while only Sho can Aura Shoot.

Unless the Hi Nu has Amuro-locked attacks, putting someone else in the Hi Nu is almost a given because the Nu Gundam's best attack is locked to Amuro and the unit loses a lot of power without it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

Unless the Hi Nu has Amuro-locked attacks, putting someone else in the Hi Nu is almost a given because the Nu Gundam's best attack is locked to Amuro and the unit loses a lot of power without it.

Yep. The Hi-Nu is better for anyone BUT Amuro unless you're not planning to deploy anyone in the Nu at all. (And considering Hi-Nu inherits Nu's upgrades that's a pretty big waste unless you're benching all your Newtypes.) It's the same deal as Sirbine, not having a designated pilot attack means it's more of an upgrade for a previously underequipped side character.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Is Ple 2 playable?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Is Ple 2 playable?

Yes, though she joins pretty drat late in the game. Honestly the best 'free' Newtype you have for a huge chunk of the game is Mashymer

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Zeta got more new tweaks on the animations and its beautiful and good.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Zore posted:

You have to download it on the SEA account

This is correct. Get on the SEA account, download the DLC from the store, then it'll install. You'll get an error sometimes in X because it can't connect to the SEA store on your US PSN account, but the DLC will work.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

EthanSteele posted:

Zeta got more new tweaks on the animations and its beautiful and good.

Most of the tweaked animations for the mecha that were in V are great except for Vilkiss. High Mobility Attack looks like crap now.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Bit of a weird question, but I just got X in today and I'm still only about halfway through V: is X as much of a standalone game as V was? Just wondering in case I fire it up and find Ange spoiling large chunks of the plot of the previous game or something.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

X is completely standalone.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I don't think any of the returning series are really post-V either. Cross Ange and Might Gaine effectively start over, and UC Gundam was practically over anyway.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Couple of thoughts about SRW X (in spoilers just in case, although it's mostly about game mechanics)

1. Although you do get a lot of tools to mitigate this depending on your MC setup and support pilots, enemy pilots on hard difficulty and expert get so many accuracy upgrades it's hard to reliably use real robots sometimes; the causality manipulator tools is pretty cool for this (70% hit is autohit for you, 30% enemy is automiss for enemy). Taking the foresee cost dogma and having the bronze emblem + diva rings can help mitigate so you can spam foresee everywhere. My usual solution to most remotely difficult things was to throw Banjo + Mazin Duo + Gurren Lagann at it with a few hyper generators so they never run out of energy and just facetank everything with armor and potential.

2. Klim Nick in the crossbone gundam owns.

3. F91 really gets shafted, no upgrades until like more than halfway through the storyline and he gets one new move, although admittedly a couple other series don't get much either; probably because the F91 is a pretty weak robot all the way through it feels like.

4. It's funny how Hi-Nu doesn't have any Amuro-locked attacks, so you might be better off giving somebody else the Hi-Nu and keeping Amuro in the Nu, if you love gundams.

5. The BC trio are cool but I wish they toned down the energy cost for them, since all their power is in that attack + coupled spirits and you're basically burning double/triple the energy (although you're getting SP efficiency I guess?); doesn't help that their strongest attack outside of that is 25 energy and the attack power for it is pretty middling.

6. Having the rest of the GL crew come late is kind of weird, but I didn't use them anyways.

7. You should probably try to get magic lvl 6 customization as early as possible because the lvl 6 dogma breaks the early game wide open.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

RoyalScion posted:

2. Klim Nick in the crossbone gundam owns.

Having just finished my first playthrough last night, this I 100% agree with. They work so well together it's fantastic.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Does anything ever happened to the other Ange characters or their units or do they stay just like they are on my roster for the whole game?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does anything ever happened to the other Ange characters or their units or do they stay just like they are on my roster for the whole game?

Few of them get their replacement mechs and one extra move like in V, but besides that not really.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's so weird to me that the Cross Ange team gets in in full but the Buddy Complex lancers besides the main three are an attack.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
So which units are super broken this time around? Lots of new units from V and I'm not sure who is good at what. I half upgraded Xelguard immediately, then Cybaster. Beyond that, who is worth my early game resources?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Gurren Lagann, Mazingers, Mightgaine, Daitarn 3 would be my go tos.

If you want dodgy units probably Vilkiss and maybe Bilbine/Sirbine.

Depending on your spirit set MC is usually better off as a support attacker + spirit spammer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Levantine posted:

So which units are super broken this time around? Lots of new units from V and I'm not sure who is good at what. I half upgraded Xelguard immediately, then Cybaster. Beyond that, who is worth my early game resources?

Incredibly strong units:

Vilkiss is still insanely strong.
Cybuster has an absurd MAP weapon and good all-game damage.
Dunbine carries its upgrades over to two other units (though one joins early) and all three are rather solid.
Mazinkaiser/Great Mazinger are durable and strong.
Gurren-Lagann is Gurren-Lagann.
The Guren Seiten is weaker than it has been before but still exceptionally strong. Ironically on Expert mode it ends up coming out ahead of a lot of other real robots because Kallen's weird defensive spell set works in her favor there because she can tank through.
The G-Self is a bit similar in that Bellri's weird focus-lacking spellset but defensive focus works in his favor. G-Self Perfect Pack is an absurd unit with a fantastic MAP weapon.
The N-Nautilis is basically this game's Yamato except arguably more broken.
Dahack, of the G-Reco units, is surprisingly solid. It only has two attacks but one of them drains energy and with the upgrade bonus it drains energy every time it attacks. Stick a good pilot in it and it can counterattack forever.
Nightingale has a fantastic map weapon and is an overall solid NT use unit.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

To add on:

ZZ is a gigantic beast of a unit with an enormous MAP weapon and functionally infinite energy due to the mechanics of Full Armor ZZ(spend all your EN and pop the armor off or get it destroyed and you pop out in a full EN normal ZZ), and Judau has Strong Luck and his Ace bonus also gives you even more money and TacP.
G-Lucifer has extremely powerful finisher-caliber funnels that it can spam forever, naturally flies, and is crewed by two support pilots, making it extremely worth some investment. Give it a barrier field and some armor and it is also a competent support defender.
Wing Zero Custom has a post movement MAP weapon, an enormously powerful finisher, and a great P attack, and the custom bonus enhanced Zero System turns its pilot into a demigod. It's one of the best reals in the game.

Pretty much all the main character supers in this one are strong. Both the Mazin brothers, Daitarn, Mightgaine, and Gurren Lagann are all top class asskickers and tend to get a lot more done for less effort than most of the reals on expert mode due to extreme enemy accuracy. It's generally way better to be defensive than dodgy unless you're Amuro or Ange tier dodgy.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 10:31 on May 3, 2018

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
That's good info, thank you. I'm still early in the game but Cybaster and Xelguard are my MVPs. G-self is creeping up though. I don't really get Wataru and he just seems not great so I haven't done much with him. Is the Megafauna worth resources or should I just wait to pump up the Nautilus?

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Levantine posted:

That's good info, thank you. I'm still early in the game but Cybaster and Xelguard are my MVPs. G-self is creeping up though. I don't really get Wataru and he just seems not great so I haven't done much with him. Is the Megafauna worth resources or should I just wait to pump up the Nautilus?

Wataru has a slower upgrade curve than some of the other units but eventually he gets pretty drat good, and between him and Ryujinmaru he's got a hell of an rear end-kicking spirit set once they get everything. The other previously mentioned super robots are better than him but he still puts in work.

The Megafauna is more support-oriented, with a lot of good support spirits, a resupply unit, and no post-move attacks. It's probably the weakest attack-wise of the ships but it's still a ship.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Ryujinmaru is okay. Ryuohmaru is super strong.

The N-Nautilus is a complete package of a ship. It does buckets of damage early, Blessing of Blue Water is a very good alternative to Command (bonus: throw on a Command Terminal), and oh yeah, Nemo has Resolve. Resolve + EX Orders is bonkers good and Nemo is the only skipper who can do it. It's basically a 40 SP Awaken.

Xelguard has Dogmas so you can't really go wrong with it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Space Tank Yoko and King Kittan are also really solid Supers in the late game once you need some squad filler for the 20+ unit endgame maps. They are insanely tanky, with buckets of HP and good defensive spirits.

I also got quite a bit of use out of the Sandrock via resupply and Quatre's cool ace bonus (uses half-power rouse automatically at the beginning of every round). You get a program to let you resupply after moving which lets you throw the Xelguard or one of your EN hungry super robots in and just kill everything hilariously with their best moves only to fill them up right after. The Sandrock is also really sturdy and hard to take down, and Quatre has access to bless.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yoko and Kittan were 2L in Z3 and if they're the same in X then they're are real strong and rude. Quatre in the Sandrock and Grandis are good support units.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
For how fragile they are, the Buddy Complex units are weirdly bad at dodging and absolutely enormous EN hogs. They're probably the weak link of my team in the endgame and I'm fielding Duo and some other non-optimal non-MCs.

Duo in the Deathscythe actually has a usably high skill for Second Attack and is one of the few pilots on the roster who can make decent use of it without slamming a bunch of stat-ups into them. He's been a solid mid-tier performer overall once I gave the free one to him.

I'm still annoyed Seabook doesn't have Kincaide's hilariously high skill from V since Kincaide was my number 2 Ace there with that.

Zore fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 3, 2018

KoB
May 1, 2009
I thought the f91 was good at first but eventually dropped him for other gundams.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

KoB posted:

I thought the f91 was good at first but eventually dropped him for other gundams.

The f91 is worse than a good chunk of the grunt suits, but Kincaide was a really good pilot in V.

Seabook is pretty mediocre though and it probably isn't worth fielding him in X.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I failed to resist and just spent 100 bucks I don't really have on getting the steelbook version of this game.

I need help.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MonsieurChoc posted:

I failed to resist and just spent 100 bucks I don't really have on getting the steelbook version of this game.

I need help.

I'd help you but I'm waiting for my international credit card to come in entirely to buy this robot game. I can't help, I'm as bad.

I don't think I'll buy the whole thing though, feels like it goes a bit beyond what I'm willing to pay with all the DLC, the base game should do just fine.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'd help you but I'm waiting for my international credit card to come in entirely to buy this robot game. I can't help, I'm as bad.

I don't think I'll buy the whole thing though, feels like it goes a bit beyond what I'm willing to pay with all the DLC, the base game should do just fine.

Yeah, I guess I'm gonna wait for a money landfall to get the DLC pack for a second playthrough.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Just got hired for my first ever paying job, so I'll probably grab a copy in a couple paychecks

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Levantine posted:

All of the battleships are really good in X, the Nautilus is just the best of them. All of them punch way above their weight due to their LL size boosting their damage output and all of them get launched constantly so you're going to be using all of them at some point, so they all deserve attention.

The Megafauna is the worst at actual combat but is a natural support defender and is the only battleship with a jamming device so allies positioned next to it get benefits above and beyond the normal commander aura. It also can resupply in a pinch and Donyell eventually learns Rouse.
The Cygnus is an early game monster who will splash off enemy attacks like rain due to its barrier and it has a fantastic P attack and MAP weapon. Kuramitsu knows support attack by default and eventually learns Disrupt, which is a fantastically useful spirit on expert.
The Nautilus is sort of the whole package; it's a godly support ship due to Blue Water's Blessing and Nemo's bonkers combination of being a battleship captain with a 40 SP Resolve, meaning he can pump out EX Orders. Want to give someone another turn? 40 SP. Want to give everyone +20 stats? 40 SP. It's also a godly combat ship due to having a monstrously powerful P attack and a MAP weapon with a huge template that doesn't affect allies. Its only weakness is that Nemo lacks Commander and the stat buff from Blue Water's Blessing isn't quite as good as a full on Commander aura, but coincidentally Lelouch goes on every route split that Nemo does so you have a level 4 Commander anyway.

Wataru starts off pretty goddamn bad and slowly gets better as his upgrades trickle in. As said before, Ryujinmaru is quite bad, but his upgrade Ryuohmaru is fairly good. If you want to use him, a major tip is to feed him some of the stat up items you get; his stats are 15-20 points lower than a "main character" class unit should be, which severely impacts his damage output and survivability.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Blaze Dragon posted:

Counterpoint: The DLC has some of the best dialogue in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Kanos posted:

The Cygnus is an early game monster who will splash off enemy attacks like rain due to its barrier and it has a fantastic P attack and MAP weapon. Kuramitsu knows support attack by default and eventually learns Disrupt, which is a fantastically useful spirit on expert.

Wait, the Cygnus!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyULTU9smVQ

(I joke, but also I wish)

• Locked thread