Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

As long as the money machine is kept out of RDR2's main campaign I don't care. I just want to ride around woodlands and tip my hat at passersby.

I’m gonna bust up irl when all the R2D2 folks are crushed because their game is plagued by insane grinds and p2w mechanics, even in the single player campaign. There’s no reason to think otherwise

GTA: Online baffles me. I don’t even know anyone that plays the game but they’re literally printing money and fleecing folks for how long now? And everyone just goes along with it. I’m sure it’s fun on some level but drat. I’m a capitalist consumer whore as much as the next but GTA: O just seems so fleecing in every way possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I’m gonna bust up irl when all the R2D2 folks are crushed because their game is plagued by insane grinds and p2w mechanics, even in the single player campaign. There’s no reason to think otherwise

GTA: Online baffles me. I don’t even know anyone that plays the game but they’re literally printing money and fleecing folks for how long now? And everyone just goes along with it. I’m sure it’s fun on some level but drat. I’m a capitalist consumer whore as much as the next but GTA: O just seems so fleecing in every way possible

I still play GTA:O from time to time and enjoy it. I've also literally never spent any real world money on GTA:O outside of the cost of buying GTA5. You can just do poo poo and have fun and buy the stuff you want normally. On the fleecing scale, I feel like GTA is on the middle to low end compared to a lot of other games.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I mean. It surprised them to. Then they just kept adding bullshit and it kept working so they just shrugged and went hogwild.

I HOPE that they use it as their cashcow for passion projects. But I dont expect them too. It's not unheard of. Movie studios have their tentpole blockbusters while they greenlight more experimental things on the side. Just get ready for solid gold stagecoaches and be pleasantly surprised if not.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So I haven't owned a console since 2007 but I really, really, really want to play Bloodborne, Yakuza, and Shenmue. What other PS4/backwards compatible 3 games are super awesome that I might have missed out on after being a PC person since GTAIV?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Frog Act posted:

So I haven't owned a console since 2007 but I really, really, really want to play Bloodborne, Yakuza, and Shenmue. What other PS4/backwards compatible 3 games are super awesome that I might have missed out on after being a PC person since GTAIV?

God Dad

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Frog Act posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, The Last of Us.

Honestly there are a loving ton and you should go through the top metacritic PS4 games and look around for stuff that sounds good.

Very jealous of all the games you’re about to play by the way :3: this is the best game generation

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

poo poo yeah. Skip all open world games for the last decade and play Horizon. It's the culmination of lessons learn from all the BS.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Journey is another great one.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The 2017 holy trinity was horizon, yakuza 0 and persona 5

2018 might beat it with god of war, yakuza 6 and ????

Hell the shadow of the colossus remake is stunning and a must play if you haven’t already. Same with the last guardian.

Oh and nier automata, that might actually replace p5 in the 2017 top3

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

nachos posted:

Hell the shadow of the colossus remake is stunning and a must play if you haven’t already. Same with the last guardian.

Oh and nier automata, that might actually replace p5 in the 2017 top3

I got bored and stopped playing before I finished any of these games outside god of war.

E: then again I played the poo poo out of Nioh and RE7 last year.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Nier for sure. Ps4 has soooooo many good games.

Can I interest you in Witcher 3?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Tangentially related but I do think this current variant of the God of War thread title may be the climax.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I was glad to see John Marston in that trailer.

I don't know if you guys knew it but after he did the voice acting for RDR, John Marston's voice actor couldn't get any work and moved back to the midwest and ended up working industrial supplies. Kinda sad although the dude says he did it of his own volition and was sick of "Hollywood bullshit"

https://www.polygon.com/features/2013/6/19/4406600/small-town-man-John-Marston

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
So I'm about in the middle of Yakuza 0. When I finish should I go to yakuza kiwami (I know most of the story already, including who dies) or should I go to Yakuza 6 which I own?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

God I love kiryu.

Gotta keep a low profile. Beats the poo poo out of the 2nd person he talks*

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Over There posted:

So I'm about in the middle of Yakuza 0. When I finish should I go to yakuza kiwami (I know most of the story already, including who dies) or should I go to Yakuza 6 which I own?

Kiwami

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Can we change the "dark" in the thread title to "dad'

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Over There posted:

You need more Majima in your life.

Kiwami

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Second.

Speaking of dad and games since 2007. The Last of Us

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Majima is my favorite

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

No.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Over There posted:

Majima is my favorite

The you REALLY want Kiwami.

Majima going to feel you up and be disappointed if you aren't a naughty boy.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

nachos posted:

probably yakuza kiwami 2, dragon quest 11 or RDR2 imo

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
My favorite Majima moment in Kiwami was probably (extremely minor spoiler)using Mr. Libido's dance furiously in Kiryu's direction. I don't typically laugh out loud when I'm sitting around playing a single player game by myself, but that did it.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
All the stuff in GTA Online that is outrageously expensive also does basically nothing and you are missing nothing by not buying it

I've been playing it off and on since the PS3 launch and never spent money besides buying the game twice. If they charged money for content packs I probably would have bought heists and then never touched the game again

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DrNutt posted:

My favorite Majima moment in Kiwami was probably (extremely minor spoiler)using Mr. Libido's dance furiously in Kiryu's direction. I don't typically laugh out loud when I'm sitting around playing a single player game by myself, but that did it.

Every time Majima does his little crazy high pitched laugh it warms my heart

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Hes so sad if you aren't holding out on him when he gropes you

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 3, 2018

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

nachos posted:

Spiderman

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Man I hope it's that good. I'll meltdown over a good spidey game.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Do we care about the PS+ games?

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

GTA:O was better when you could glitch jets and tanks in the garage. RIP fun

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Over There posted:

Rayman Legends is legit an absolutely rock solid platformer which you will enjoy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Over There posted:

Beyond 2 souls on remix mode is actually pretty cool aside from the occasional boring scene

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

And Tomb Raider!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Oh yea I forgot about that. Also forgot about monster hunter world but that’s because I haven’t played it yet.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

LionArcher posted:

And Tomb Raider!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

has there been a spiderman trailer or anything? why should i expect it to be good?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Awesome! posted:

has there been a spiderman trailer or anything? why should i expect it to be good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pR0o2fGyHg

Plus a whole bunch of others you can look up. Game Informer has some videos that show off the world + combat systems + web swinging.

It's basically Arkham Asylum, but Spiderman.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
tomb raider is good. also rhianna pratchett isn't writing this new one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

psychoJ posted:

tomb raider is good. also rhianna pratchett isn't writing this new one

Rises story was bad imho afaic