Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Reinforce is now front or rear, on any ship that can take it (no longer firing arc).
It now blocks a single damage directionally, but if hit, a minimum of 1 will get through. So if you have 1 hit vs. a reinforced ship, it will still take 1 damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Huxley posted:

Wait, so that A-wing 2.0 will also ship with an A-wing ONLY conversion kit? What would be in that thing? Just the material from the conversion kit? That plus the 2.0 expansion? Something else entirely?

Well poo poo on me, there goes my objection, then - means my small reb and scum collection don't need a giant box of crap I don't need. :toot:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

canyoneer posted:

Reinforce is now front or rear, on any ship that can take it (no longer firing arc).
It now blocks a single damage directionally, but if hit, a minimum of 1 will get through. So if you have 1 hit vs. a reinforced ship, it will still take 1 damage.

Interesting. I expected it to be more of it only blocks in a quadrant. Like left right fore aft.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

quote:

They said there is a path to conversion. So the first conversion kit will not be the last conversion kit. So example (From Frank): Any new pilots/Upgrades that come out for the Lambda will be released in some form of a conversion kit. So you will not need to buy the new Lambda if you already own one. So You will need multiple conversion kits, but you'll buy them over time and they will be updated with new stuff.

This is fantastic news.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

This is fantastic news.

Yeah, in the stream "there will be an upgrade path for everything. you will not need to buy plastic to access new content"

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

You can sit there all high and loving mighty and whine "It's not that much you guys!" All you loving want. Guess what, for some people it's a shitton of money. So go to hell.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

They sell a product, and you can continue to play 1.0 which you paid for. “I don’t have money” doesn’t mean a company shouldn’t continue to sell products.

Additionally, aside from tournaments you can probably play 2.0 without buying anything using online list builders or the app and just being smart about the new markers on the base.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

AndyElusive posted:

You can sit there all high and loving mighty and whine "It's not that much you guys!" All you loving want. Guess what, for some people it's a shitton of money. So go to hell.

Its not like they're taking away your 1.0 stuff...

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

:grin:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

^^^^^: See?

jivjov posted:

Its not like they're taking away your 1.0 stuff...

It's a quote from someone else from a couple of pages ago.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Some Numbers posted:

This is fantastic news.

This is really really good

But I'm still riding the no tlt and harpoons high

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Source ur posts

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
So if I'm reading this right then the Wave I expansions are going to have the same cards as the conversion kit but they will diverge afterwards (but maybe with future conversion kits to come).

I cannot wait for the colour code changes to the dial, being partially colourblind I have found the red/green difference a struggle at times. Daft but major quality of life improvement.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Stream today showed the TIE Interceptor with linked Boost > Roll and Roll > Boost actions (second one is red). Only one we know of with both.

A-Wings have Boost > Roll and just Roll.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

EdBlackadder posted:

So if I'm reading this right then the Wave I expansions are going to have the same cards as the conversion kit but they will diverge afterwards (but maybe with future conversion kits to come).

No "maybe" on the future kits. Otherwise correct.

I hope we get per-wave kits instead of a big kit every few waves to catch up.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The multiple upgrade stuff was really what I needed to hear. Just really good, exactly right.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I wonder if they plan to set up a public API to query for the squad-building stuff.

It'd enable developers to tie into the same system to build any number of apps, pulling ship/cost/etc data from a central repository.

And there'd be redundancy in case their app poo poo the bed; you could download Some Other App and use it instead in a pinch.

Edit: The Devs of both Yet Another Squad Builder and Aurora said they don't plan on further updates past 1.0.

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 2, 2018

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

However 2.0 pans out, I just hope K2S0 gets his own pilot card and/or crew card.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

AndyElusive posted:

However 2.0 pans out, I just hope K2S0 gets his own pilot card and/or crew card.

Someone on Reddit said they hinted at it on stream, but I missed that part. I only saw a tiny part of the stream.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Upgrade kits for every wave? Awww Hell yeah!

Anyone that is pissed at FFG for 2.0 just likes being pissed off.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

EdBlackadder posted:

I cannot wait for the colour code changes to the dial, being partially colourblind I have found the red/green difference a struggle at times. Daft but major quality of life improvement.

:yossame:

Now that Force Sensitive crew/pilots are a thing, I'm anticipating a Ben Kenobi crew. It always struck me as odd he never showed up in 1.0

Also hoping for a BT-1 and 0-0-0 crew for Empire.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Maybe we will finally get Yoda

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I never had a problem with the red and green maneuvers, but I'm glad that they're helping people with worse colorblindness than me.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Mine's pretty bad. There's also a noticeable difference in color for the red and green tokens on the board.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Will be interesting to see how quickly they get through all of this phase. I watched an interview last night with one of the designers, and he said he went to production and distribution and asked "how quickly can we put these things out."

He sounded like he wanted to get through the 1.0 conversion kit phase pretty quickly, I assume so they can get to power creeping past it with pure 2.0 stuff.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

One of the local colorblind guys is thrilled about the dial changes, but wants different colors for dice too. That seems manageable though.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Huxley posted:

Will be interesting to see how quickly they get through all of this phase. I watched an interview last night with one of the designers, and he said he went to production and distribution and asked "how quickly can we put these things out."

He sounded like he wanted to get through the 1.0 conversion kit phase pretty quickly, I assume so they can get to power creeping past it with pure 2.0 stuff.
Makes sense. If they're putting out smaller conversion kits with the new waves, that's a long time where anyone with a 1.0 collection won't have to buy any new models.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Raged posted:

Upgrade kits for every wave? Awww Hell yeah!

Anyone that is pissed at FFG for 2.0 just likes being pissed off.
Nah they're just at stage one of the four-stage nerd grief process, anger, with some people moving to stage two, bargaining.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

quote:

Reinforce, uses the dashes on the side of the ship. Reduces the total damage by one to a minimum to one.

Glory glory hallelujah

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Reinforce is completely useless against Ion Cannons.

I'm sure this will not go poorly for my plans to avoid buying five Y-wings.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Speaking on Y-Wangs, is that a new sculpt I see? It looks beefier and the turret is more pronounced.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

AndyElusive posted:

Speaking on Y-Wangs, is that a new sculpt I see? It looks beefier and the turret is more pronounced.

It is. The engine nacelles are also straighter/blockier. It's a good sculpt all around.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

They also said they're resculpting the TIE Silencer because they got the scale all jacked up, having limited access to it before the film dropped

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Glad I held back on buying the early waves I missed. drat.

Maybe they'll make a new B-wing with a rotating cockpit.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

canyoneer posted:

They also said they're resculpting the TIE Silencer because they got the scale all jacked up, having limited access to it before the film dropped

The 1e Silencer sculpt should be a medium sized ship, but I'm cool with a smaller sculpt.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

canyoneer posted:

I can't imagine it getting bigger, so...smaller?

:swoon:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

How many Droid pilots are there? IGs and 4-LOM and?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Admiral Joeslop posted:

How many Droid pilots are there? IGs and 4-LOM and?

IGs and 4-L0M, Chopper, maybe Leebo counts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Strobe posted:

IGs and 4-L0M, Chopper, maybe Leebo counts?

AP5.

Question is if Guri counts?