Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I'm confused by episode Noctis because isn't that just FFXV.

That's why I'm interested, like, you can guess ehat the others might involve but that one... I hope it's a really bonkers lightning returns type thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope it's the years Noctis spent locked in a mental limbo and you're battling demons inside his own mind. Also the LR one will definitely be aranea bc she's basically lightning anyway

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The concept for the new content is to realize “a future everyone longed for.” The theme is an “alternate grand finale” where “our heroes will challenge their fates in order to realize the ideal future they envisioned.” 
Episode I: Ardyn “The Conflict of the Sage” (Working Title) (Winter 2019) – This story portrays the struggles of Ardyn. Witness the resentment he harbored towards Lucis for over 2,000 years, and his clashes with the Astrals. 

Episode Side Story: Aranea “The Beginning of the End” (Working Title) (Spring 2019) – A side-story about the Starscourge depicted from the Niflheim’s perspective. The final day of the Empire turns out to be Aranea’s worst day. 

Episode II: Lunafreya “The Choice of Freedom” (Working Title) (Spring 2019) – This story’s about Luna’s fate, which not even death can free her from. Her battle to save the one she loves overturns the destiny dealt to the Lucian King. 

Episode III: Noctis “The Final Strike” (Working Title) (Spring 2019) – Parting ways with the Astrals, Noctis embarks upon his final battle in order to attain the ideal future for all his people. 

:stare:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

2019 jesus

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the patient gamer continues to wait patiently

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I hope it's the years Noctis spent locked in a mental limbo and you're battling demons inside his own mind. Also the LR one will definitely be aranea bc she's basically lightning anyway
It might be more young Noctis, like the demo was.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The concept for the new content is to realize “a future everyone longed for.” The theme is an “alternate grand finale” where “our heroes will challenge their fates in order to realize the ideal future they envisioned.” 
Episode I: Ardyn “The Conflict of the Sage” (Working Title) (Winter 2019) – This story portrays the struggles of Ardyn. Witness the resentment he harbored towards Lucis for over 2,000 years, and his clashes with the Astrals. 

Episode Side Story: Aranea “The Beginning of the End” (Working Title) (Spring 2019) – A side-story about the Starscourge depicted from the Niflheim’s perspective. The final day of the Empire turns out to be Aranea’s worst day. 

Episode II: Lunafreya “The Choice of Freedom” (Working Title) (Spring 2019) – This story’s about Luna’s fate, which not even death can free her from. Her battle to save the one she loves overturns the destiny dealt to the Lucian King. 

Episode III: Noctis “The Final Strike” (Working Title) (Spring 2019) – Parting ways with the Astrals, Noctis embarks upon his final battle in order to attain the ideal future for all his people. 

:stare:

badass

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

the patient gamer continues to wait patiently

I seen people mad that they keep adding new stuff to the game and its insane to me

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

I seen people mad that they keep adding new stuff to the game and its insane to me

i see this literally every time theres news its psycho

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Yeah lol. Like I'm glad I started with the Windows royal supreme edition because it Seems like it's a more complete package than it was at launch but it's awesome to think that this great game will be even better and bigger when i come back to it in a year or so

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the prompto episode has a small open world with sidequests and you get a snowmobile to drive that you can upgrade and thats all optional after you finish the story of it

they are masters of providing extra content people will complain about getting

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Mods, you say? I guess I was right to wait.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i see this literally every time theres news its psycho

I'm pissed there's no episode cidney.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

the prompto episode has a small open world with sidequests and you get a snowmobile to drive that you can upgrade and thats all optional after you finish the story of it

they are masters of providing extra content people will complain about getting

Im angry because the snowmobile is insanely fun and I don't get to use it in the main game. Such a good dlc though

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I need to buy the drat season pass one of these days

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I need to buy the drat season pass one of these days

There's two season passes now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

There's two season passes now

I plan on buying Season Passes 1, 2 and 4

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Looking forward to replaying it once the last big content patch is released circa Q3 2027

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[quote="“Lumpy the Cook”" post="“482894219”"]
Looking forward to replaying it once the last big content patch is released circa Q3 2027
[/quote]

The Patient Gamers Society offers their support and camaraderie until then.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

lol, “I’m not playing this game until they stop supporting it! rear end! Piss!!”

Edit: misread the post, I’m used to everyone in Games being like I’m not gonna play this until all the dlc is out.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I could understand being like "I want to buy the Actually 100% Complete Includes Everything Edition all at once" I guess, I dunno.

Part of it is probably that FFXV released feeling really incomplete and there's a perception that the post-release updates and the DLC are "completing" the game, so the announcement that there's more DLC coming combines with that and people go "lol that means it's still not complete, call me when it's done"

Anyway FFXV was actually pretty good, I finished it a couple weekends ago, and I look forward to playing as Luna and Aranaea. I hope I can jump on dude's heads with my spear all day long in Aranaea's DLC

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I just think there’s more than enough content in the base game to play and enjoy, and if you want more then hey, there’s tons.

Like just play the game if you’re interested in it. I don’t really get the “oh so it’s not complete yet call me in ten years” mentality. Life is short.

I could understand if it were like, a fighting game and you want to wait for all characters to be in a future edition, or if it were like an episodic game. But FF XV is fairly fucken feature complete.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just buy FFXV and play it in any capacity. If you like it, buy all the other poo poo too. I've still only done Episode Gladiolus lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i dont like episodic poo poo and want the ability to do all the things when i play the game and not need to come back to it later, also i have a million other games i can play from now til 2019. and theres totally gonna be a 3rd even more complete royaler edition that will save me even more money. theres no downside to the patient gamer lifestyle

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

All the episodes are separate things from the main game, so you can play the base game and not miss anything. It's weird but the DLC actually is supplemental and just bonus content, like DLC shouldve been all along..

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i like to hang and chill with my roadtrip buddies and haven't even cleared the game yet and im fucken hyped for all this good stuff dlc now where my cup noddles at

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

All the episodes are separate things from the main game, so you can play the base game and not miss anything. It's weird but the DLC actually is supplemental and just bonus content, like DLC shouldve been all along..

It's free so it's hard to get too mad about it but stuff like the Assassins Creed crossover sounded really weird and cool and it's annoying that it was apparently time-limited and I missed it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Limited time events are worse than season passes and loot boxes.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

hell yeah

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Just buy FFXV and play it in any capacity. If you like it, buy all the other poo poo too. I've still only done Episode Gladiolus lol

I haven’t even done that yet because I’ve been getting hooked on other poo poo. I’ll come back when I get an itch.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ-OY_qGzfs

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I bought FFXV Royal Edition used, and it turns out it's just the base game plus a voucher, which makes it completely useless. Whoops.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I bought FFXV Royal Edition used, and it turns out it's just the base game plus a voucher, which makes it completely useless. Whoops.

thats what you get for buying used.

support the devs you [piece of poo poo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

thats what you get for buying used.

support the devs you [piece of poo poo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I stopped buying used games six or seven years ago because I love new game disk smell too much.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I stopped buying discs generally unless I was gonna preorder for the amazon discount

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I started buy discs because I had an empty bookshelf I wanted to fill with trinkets

And the Amazon discount is such horseshit now. joined the best buy gamer's club and i get 20% off every game no matter how old with no arbitrary restrictions on remasters or whatever

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Episode Ignis owned. I love how they just throw a half baked strategy game aspect in right at the start and never use it for any purpose whatsoever. This game is so weird lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Is there anything besides the cartoon Steam versions available for purchase for 1-6? I'll emulated it if I have to, but I'd love to be able to play an actually decent port on the PS4 or Switch controllers. Ditto for Dragon Quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The ps3 has copies of PSX ports which look and sound great but have really bad loading times.