Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master J Plus
Apr 20, 2010

by Hand Knit
I haven't seen any decent Oriental knockers since Empress Chow's Shanghai Revue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I can believe after growing up with Niles, Frasier relishes the chance to not care about food hygiene obsessively.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My God, it worked! The timeline is r--

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Seen on the meme thread;

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Brawnfire posted:

My God, it worked! The timeline is r--

Whoosh

Congratulations on having a life, I guess.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

If it's superhero movie stuff, yeah, no idea.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Brawnfire posted:

"Frasier! What are you doing out of the bathroom?"

"I think I'm through the worst of it Niles!"

"You're so bent over, Quasimodo would have to stoop to look you in the eye!"

"Y'know, back in Manchester when I'd poo poo myself, I'd wrap a pub tablecloth about me waist and go back for another round!"

Back in my day a guy would just stay home to quietly poo poo his pants, none of this fancy swarees or whatever

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Come on, Eddie, let's leave the kings of England to their pants making GBS threads parties

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Calaveron posted:

Come on, Eddie, let's leave the kings of England to their pants making GBS threads parties

[laugh track]

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh poo poo yes my rewatch just hit Ham Radio

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Calaveron posted:

Oh poo poo yes my rewatch just hit Ham Radio

An all-time comedy classic.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Sherry's the dumbest rear end in a top hat, dumbshit can’t read a room to save her life

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sherry was the prototype for the horror that was Daphne's mother.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Brawnfire posted:

Seen on the meme thread;

"hey, Fras', this Sheridan fella reminds me a lot o' you and Niles!" :haw:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Daphne and Rose all getting fuckclobbering drunk on the town together

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Calaveron posted:

fancy swarees

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sherry was the prototype for the horror that was Daphne's mother.

What if Gertrude Moon actually WAS Sherry??

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Halloween is such a good episode too, both for Roz and again being a perfect example of a farce

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man I know the joke is that Niles is too snooty for that kind of thing but playing in a ping pong doubles tournament followed by an evening of six foot long subway sandwiches and unlimited pinball games sounds like a genuinely fun and good time

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Compagnons? Well there's your answer. Magic loving mushrooms.

:france:

Nestorix
Aug 3, 2006

exotic particles

"“Frasier was influential in our decision to put Tony Stark and Doctor Strange together,” McFeely said. It’s not really a spoiler to say that Robert Downey Jr. and Benedict Cumberbatch spend a lot of time together in the film, a move that may have surprised some viewers considering that Stephen Strange’s superhero origin (arrogant dude learns how to be humble) is strikingly similar to Tony Stark’s."

decider.com

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Who's the Frasier and who's the Niles, though? And who embarrasses who in front of the wizards?

If Frasier is Tony, is the radio station the Avengers?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Nestorix posted:

"“Frasier was influential in our decision to put Tony Stark and Doctor Strange together,” McFeely said. It’s not really a spoiler to say that Robert Downey Jr. and Benedict Cumberbatch spend a lot of time together in the film, a move that may have surprised some viewers considering that Stephen Strange’s superhero origin (arrogant dude learns how to be humble) is strikingly similar to Tony Stark’s."

decider.com

Did either of these dudes learn a loving thing, though? At least Frasier and Niles were self aware about being snobs.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ElGroucho posted:

Did either of these dudes learn a loving thing, though? At least Frasier and Niles were self aware about being snobs.

Well, it's a Marvel movie, so actual character development would gently caress up the franchise. People need to know they're getting the same exact Tony Stark every time they get in the theater or they'll get scared and might not buy the ticket.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The way Poppy gets around Niles was superbly set up and executed

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Laterite posted:

The New Girl Season One: New Girl has a hot and sweaty night thanks to a new FWB

The New Girl Season Ten: New Girl has a hot and sweaty night thanks to perimenopause

lol

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sir Lemming posted:

Also: New Girl is good

It was okay for about two seasons and then became irredeemable garbage that made the fourth season of arrested development seem like the third season of frasier

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

A lot of strong opinioms about the star of the hit sitcom New Girl in this, the Frasier thread

I liked the one with Prince

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

New Girl is funny, but Cece and Schmidt should never have gotten together. Just like Daphne and Niles, really. Instantly boring dynamic the moment they get married.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?
I always thought it would of been great if Niles and Daphne turned out horribly mismatched. It's a good demonstration of how late-period Frasier is different than Cheers, always looking for the happy ending at the expense of laughs and real poignancy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I liked Frasier way more than I liked Cheers, but I do love how Cheers refused to keep Sam and Diane together because their characters just absolutely did not make sense as a couple. It also makes me laugh when people used to say "we have kind of a Sam and Diane thing" (this was before everyone saying they had a Jim/Pam thing) because that was basically saying that you're both horribly broken people that don't belong together even in the slightest.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Love Rat posted:

I always thought it would of been great if Niles and Daphne turned out horribly mismatched. It's a good demonstration of how late-period Frasier is different than Cheers, always looking for the happy ending at the expense of laughs and real poignancy.

This was the end of Parks and Rec, nothing but way too sweet nonsense at the expense of jokes.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Candy Darling
Nov 10, 2009

ArmZ posted:

lol if you don't automatically think "tossed salad and scrambled eggs" when you hear the word frasier

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Veneer! *drinks*

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Hambulance posted:

Veneer! *drinks*

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I just love how Frasier confidently walked into that gay bar and had a drink and began dancing and took it all in stride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Bebe Blazier is my spirit animal