Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Victis
Mar 26, 2008

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I've pulled a Reberta since the Bahamut raid, so that will actually be really nice to finally get her TMR. Besides that, this will be strictly for selling coins cause gently caress everything else.

Reddit says the coins are worth 1 each so...

I think I have a Zyrus for a free TM at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Wow, Reberta was the first unit I whaled for. Feels like so long ago. Wish I'd put her to good use but Tidus came soon after and sadly Dragoons, even with good chain frames are not that cool. Here's to hoping that by 7* time they get Dragoons figured out.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I pulled Reberta on the first Bahamut raid and used her quite a bit, she was my first 5* chainer. I still try to get her off the bench here and there, she was good for Bahamut's Floating Fun Land. Hopefully she'll finally get some enhancements and swole her up some, I like her design and dragoons are still cool to kid me :3:

The raid looks disappointing. It sucks there's no new gear, most of it wasn't exciting on the first go-round. Plus it was all single crafts too iirc. I guess if you have Firions or Kains you can get their TM again and save the unit for that trading in 100% trust characters GL will get in 50 years?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Built a VoD to solo the Beasts of the Dark trial for another goon, and I figured whoever else can use him while he's up.

Cast Graviga on yourself turn 1 in order to activate VoD's 100% ATK/DEF buff for the whole fight, then just hit auto and go make a sandwich. It helps if you turn on auto-limit, as his LB comes with 64% Def break that will make things go a lot faster.

If you want all the conditions, you need to bring a unit with Hide or Lie Low equipped with Siren.
Just keep hiding over and over until the esper bar charges, and use your summon on the turn one of the espers dies (so on their next turn the esper does their buff instead of murdering you) then just go back to hiding every 3 turns or whatever.

edit: Also I deleted a bunch of inactives

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I pulled a Reberta 1 week after the event, and some where around 3 days after ditching all the TMR moogles I had for her AND Zyrus...

I actually pulled a 2nd Reberta on my last 10+1 ticket.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gumi really should give reberta and zyrus their enhancements with this event

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 2, 2018

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I have a reberta cooking so this indicates a slight waste of time on my part. Luckily I have another so when I need to dw lances I'm set...

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
I have an expedition question. I know that certain stats like HP show up in a lot of expeditions, and I often see references to some gear as good for expedition units because, while the stats are low compared to TMRs, they still boost those key stats enough to make a difference (e.g., Thancred's TMR and its True form). I'm really lazy and just auto-fill expeditions. I have enough leveled units on the bench that this means that assuming I have the bonus item, I can 100% any B mission and get to 90% (often 100%) on most A missions. I don't even try the S missions.

How hard is it to actually gear up some dedicated expedition units? If regularly succeeding at S missions requires constant micromanaging, I'm not interested. But if a little one-time effort can create a stable of units that can consistently do S missions, I think it would be worth it. Does anyone do this or have any tips in this regard?

I don't exactly need more relics---I just finished Adventurer V number 2---but it might be nice to get some of those higher-tier rewards.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

My approach to expedition units is when I 6* lv100 a unit I usually look for some old gear to give them. I've got some baseline gear (Green Berets, Brigadines, Mage's Habit, Celebrant's Miter, etc.) to throw on and piles of STAT+10%s to fill in materia slots. I save better gear for better units, nothing I'd miss for the next day or so at least. Better units is kinda vague beyond 5* bases or otherwise have high stats but you can also check A or S rank missions and see who is near the top and give them some better gear.

Ideally you don't want to spread out your expedition gear too much else you'll be paying for inventory space, I trim out some older or approximately as good gear as the baseline stuff. Some raids like the FF11 raid had some good crafts that are great as being better than the baseline and being able to craft multiples means you don't pay much in lapis for that stuff to fill your inventory. The Bahamut raid isn't a good one since it's single crafts of mostly mediocre items but for FF11 I crafted some Shark Guns (ATK+80) for a good ATK bump on anybody who can use them. Same with Divine Shields (DEF+15, SPR+25, HP&MP+5%).

The Hero Ring upgrades are good too. I think HP & MP of the Ring of Domination contribute less than the extra DEF & SPR of Monarch and ATK & MAG of Ruler's though. I've crafted a pile of Monarch Rings to give my white mage and tank expedition units to get their stats higher.

I never potted a unit intended just for expeditions so I wouldn't worry about that. LMS has huge stats and should be good for expeditions too if you have a few too.

S-Ranks require a story character (Rain, Lasswell, etc.) so you need to get them up too. Ones with the 6* story characters are a bit easier to get higher stats. Getting 16% on a character usually takes some really good gear though but you can get good chances with items with a few well geared characters.

Personally I can 100% all A and below expeditions. S-Ranks vary but I have gotten 90% or so. I think there's a caster expedition with bonuses for spears (so Sakura) that's my worst. Maybe better if I gear better but there's only so much effort I want to put towards expeditions.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
does 2x reberta's TMR stack 2x dragon killer?

Edit: does it add to the materia?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cobalt60 posted:

does 2x reberta's TMR stack 2x dragon killer?

Edit: does it add to the materia?

Yes, basically only the specific named materia doesn't stack. You can even have Dragon Killer and Dragon Killer+ on a unit.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Just don't stack too much since it still caps at +300%

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I barely give a poo poo which expeditions I send my dudes on, since I get the moogle by Tuesday morning no matter what.

I don’t run anything below a B, and I’ll always run the S ranks even though my odds are at best in the low 80’s.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Kafrizzle
Fire magic damage (20x) to one enemy

Kafrizzle +1
Fire magic damage (25x) to one enemy
MP: 80 => 120

Kafrizzle +2
Fire magic damage (30x) to one enemy
MP: 120 => 150

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So does that make Dragonlord the best fire magic finisher or what?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So does that make Dragonlord the best fire magic finisher or what?

If you can kill it before you run out of mp, sure. Otherwise, still Emperor.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I'm more curious what the DC frame delay is, as finishers are only really important for Alpha Strike / threshold damage. How big a chain do you need to fit both casts in at 300%.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

I'm more curious what the DC frame delay is, as finishers are only really important for Alpha Strike / threshold damage. How big a chain do you need to fit both casts in at 300%.

It's not a spell, and he doesn't get W-ability, so it's irrelevant.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

McSpankWich posted:

Built a VoD to solo the Beasts of the Dark trial for another goon, and I figured whoever else can use him while he's up.

Cast Graviga on yourself turn 1 in order to activate VoD's 100% ATK/DEF buff for the whole fight, then just hit auto and go make a sandwich. It helps if you turn on auto-limit, as his LB comes with 64% Def break that will make things go a lot faster.

If you want all the conditions, you need to bring a unit with Hide or Lie Low equipped with Siren.
Just keep hiding over and over until the esper bar charges, and use your summon on the turn one of the espers dies (so on their next turn the esper does their buff instead of murdering you) then just go back to hiding every 3 turns or whatever.

edit: Also I deleted a bunch of inactives

I will definitely send you a request when servers are up. Manatee is my game name.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Decided to toss one more ticket at the DQ banner last night before bed. Out popped a rainbow and dragonlord. :toot:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

NinjaDebugger posted:

It's not a spell, and he doesn't get W-ability, so it's irrelevant.

KaFrizzle isn't a spell?!?...Sure. Why not?

This game man.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
The Garuda Trial was not nearly as trivial as I thought. The biggest problem is definitely the buffs she gets in phase 2, if you don't take a turn to dispel those you'll be pretty much screwed.

Still got through since my Mystea is at 10k HP with 600 SPR, and I had an ExAileen to keep 50% ATK/MAG breaks up. My healer was basically Roy.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I will definitely send you a request when servers are up. Manatee is my game name.

Hey I just accepted your request but I took VoD down temporarily because someone else wanted to use my GLS for a trial. I'll have him back up later tonight for you.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

McSpankWich posted:

Hey I just accepted your request but I took VoD down temporarily because someone else wanted to use my GLS for a trial. I'll have him back up later tonight for you.

No need! I used him and he delivered! I kinda felt bad for the bosses as he just slapped the poo poo out of them for 68 rounds.

Thanks so much!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Ran true Garuda with Fryevia/Wilhelm/Rikku/Ayaka and a friend Fryevia.

It was simply unfair to Garuda. Her 50% threshold did about 4-500 damage to everyone (had wilhelm's spr/def buff up and hyper nullall) and Wilhelm was a death-immune 12k hp monster who shrugged off everything. Fryevias did about 24% per round after chaos grenade's debuffs, and then 26-27% per turn after I MAG buffed them.

I don't think the adds every got to try and buff Garuda, then they each died one per turn after her.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
If I remember right I got hard!garuda on the first day by just smashing it hulk style with VotD/TG Cid/TG Cid and a guest TG Cid, with Lunera on singing and CG Fina on pretty much everything else after baraerogaing.

Admittedly my 'strategy' isn't terribly fair to recommend since it requires way too much goddamn luck to have this team.

edit: subtract excess cids to meet whatever the party requirement was

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
The Noctis I have up can solo the Dragonlord's Challenge, but the dragon stage takes a while. I've changed his gear to Wyvern Spear and SSP-Wind to speed that up. He'll take some damage from Sizzle in battle 1, so if he doesn't fully counter-heal use Point-Warp. Once Noctis gets to battle 2 he should be untouchable. I cycled through using Link, Warp Strikes, and his LB.

I'm getting the Bahamut raid rewards even though the mission rewards did not reset, so it's probably worth re-running the raid to get the purecrysts at 1.5-2 million points. Basic Kafrizzle from my 917 MAG Dragonlord with 2x Draco Spikes and Dragon killer+ is dropping Bahamut to 3% HP with no buff or debuffs.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Kept wondering why I was losing to the Dragonlord near the end, turns out he completely freaks out if you break all his stats and buffs himself by 300% and AoEs everyone within the same turn. I was just randomly throwing SPR breaks I didn't particularly need, that sure shows me.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Oh boy break traps are back baby! :ughh:

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Oh is that what that was? Well he doesn’t stop apparently once you break him. Next run I just decided to try one-shotting him. It was close, but having DV break instead of chain got me the last 9% I needed.

E: oh right. Friendly reminder when doing bulk summons for this raid. Turn off auto-locking for every rarity unless you want to manually unlock roughly a million golds and/or y’shtolas.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 4, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

HGH posted:

Kept wondering why I was losing to the Dragonlord near the end, turns out he completely freaks out if you break all his stats and buffs himself by 300% and AoEs everyone within the same turn. I was just randomly throwing SPR breaks I didn't particularly need, that sure shows me.

Yep, he wiped me through Chow. Should have played it safe with dodge tank Wilhelm but he's stuck in an expedition for 5 more hours of a 24 hour expedition and I'm all outta accelerate tokens...Gumi's fault. Thanks, Gumi.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

Yep, he wiped me through Chow. Should have played it safe with dodge tank Wilhelm but he's stuck in an expedition for 5 more hours of a 24 hour expedition and I'm all outta accelerate tokens...Gumi's fault. Thanks, Gumi.

The units in your parties are never put into expeditions when you autofill them. I have a team of likely alternates for exactly this reason.

Also, thanks PDQ! Noctis dragged my Slime through the Dragonlord challenge with no problems. One of these days I'll get a Noctis or two...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 4, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The units in your parties are never put into expeditions when you autofill them. I have a team of likely alternates for exactly this reason.

Yeah, I threw him in there because it was a S-Rank and I needed his beefy DEF. "Dragonlord? Surely, I won't need Wilhelm for that!" I foolishly thought last night at 2am.

To be honest, I don't really need *him*. What I do need is the D20 and Ring of Lucii he has on him.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

To be honest, I don't really need *him*. What I do need is the D20 and Ring of Lucii he has on him.

It's always this :argh:

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

So power creep sure is a thing.

My Dragonlord can 1-Shot Bahamut Elite with zero buffs. Kafizzle+2 just straight up does 5.5 million to him. I guess I can use the raid for trust mastery farming?

I have 1200 atk Onion Knight up. I’m assuming no one needs help with this raid, and since my friends list is filled with Dragonlords I figured most people wouldn’t want another bonus unit.

fullTimeLurker fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 4, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm getting lovely Blue summon after lovely Blue summon after lovely Blue summon! Praise be to RNGesus! :worship:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'd like an Orochi to go with the 4 of every other gold I got from this gacha.

RikkidoSeph
Jul 31, 2014

Thought I'd finally got my Orochi but nope it went rainbow and I got Dragonlord instead not a bad turn out but I really want that Orochi, I've burnt all the KM tickets so I have to rely on the good old 250 summon now so here's hoping.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So, just a bit of bragging.

That's almost 60 million damage from Dragonlord solo. He had help in the form of Seven's 70% imperil, Hero's Rime and Delita's SPR break (even though raid Bahamut only has 25 spr, every bit helps). He also has 2x Draco Spike and Dragon Killer +.

So yeah. Dragonlord is a one trick pony but that one trick is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

draco spike really is incredibly stupid. I dont know what gumi was thinking when they made a 4* TMR have pretty good mag and loving 75%+ damage to dragons on a weapon, something Alim left for a spear STMR. Its going to end with some stupid shenanigans against 2* Bahamut or something.

• Locked thread