Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Man, gently caress the golden parachute. So many awful CEOs just don't give a poo poo about what happens to their company because their millions of dollars in severance is untouchable. I feel so bad for the Gibson workers. They're going to go through a round of layoffs, benefit cuts, and pension/retirement plan raiding to "help" pay off the debt while this smug rear end can just wash his hands of everything and get paid for the privilege.

Sorry for the rant, something similar just happened to my brother and I'm still mad about it.

I have never seen an article try so hard to be so unoriginal. It's actually kind of impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Eh, this line got a kick out of me

"At press time, Epiphone has announced they are filing a similar, but cheaper “Chapter 10” version of bankruptcy."

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

My first guitar was a Norlin Les Paul Custom with a ridiculous heel in the neck. It was considered poo poo back then and now here we are.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

Eh, this line got a kick out of me

"At press time, Epiphone has announced they are filing a similar, but cheaper “Chapter 10” version of bankruptcy."

It's a more practical form of bankruptcy that plays just as good and if you close your eyes your lawyer probably couldn't tell the difference.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
This abombination has been floating around local craigslist for months and now I pass the savings on to you
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/msg/d/art-deco-dreadnought-guitar/6573689183.html

Edit: sorry, haven't posted in long enough that I don't know how images work here anymore I am not good with internet

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 2, 2018

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I would love to hear what that guy's definition of "art deco" is because it's clearly very different from mine.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Henry Juszkiewicz is getting paid $2.1m for a one-year translational period. That’s over 41 times an average Gibson employee’s salary. Lol

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This was my first guitar, it’s stupid and cool. Sold for almost nothing because I guess everyone hated it.

Snowy posted:

Reminds me of my old V2 but drat I wish mine had humbuckers

Obv not my picture. I still love that drat guitar, it was my first and I’ve had it over 30 years now :kimchi:

E- but I’d never buy a Henry guitar....unless they have a fire sale mayyybe

Snowy fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 3, 2018

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Anime Reference posted:

I would love to hear what that guy's definition of "art deco" is because it's clearly very different from mine.

It's decoupage, they're just too dumb to understand how words work.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

My first guitar was a Norlin Les Paul Custom with a ridiculous heel in the neck. It was considered poo poo back then and now here we are.

But, it says Gibson on it and it's 40 years old so $$$$$$$ now?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Chrpno posted:

But, it says Gibson on it and it's 40 years old so $$$$$$$ now?

$3k

https://reverb.com/price-guide/guide/1141-gibson-les-paul-custom-1976-ebony

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

It came from craigslist

I tune pianos? posted:

Hi. I have been really into tuning pianos lately. I grabbed a free piano from Craigslist for my friend. It was out of tune so I bought the tuning tools for it and and even though it was a bit of work, I had fun tuning it and would like to do more. So if you got a piano that is terribly out of tune, I am interested in giving it a try on tuning it. I will not expect pay for tuning, but donations are accepted, not expected. It's just something to keep up my love for fixing instruments. Hopefully another notch on my musical belt. Let me know. I may ask for some pictures of the piano to see if it's something my tuning tools will work with. But let me know what you got.

Somehow I don't trust this person

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
tuning your piano is the new charging j/o crystals

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
The wikipedia article on piano tuning made my head spin just about all the way off so I'm a bit skeptical of how well some Craigslist hobbyist figured it out.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Anime Reference posted:

The wikipedia article on piano tuning made my head spin just about all the way off so I'm a bit skeptical of how well some Craigslist hobbyist figured it out.

It's cool to watch them do it.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
This thread is a window into... something. I don't even know.

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/i-back-a-hot-singerbabe-club-part-deux.946056/page-83

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
real life rigsofdad objectifying band mates half their age

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This is depressing me in a uniquely abstract way

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

The Muppets On PCP posted:

real life rigsofdad objectifying band mates half their age

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i was drunk one night watching low-budget regional pro wrestling. it went off and an infomercial for some vape device came on and one of the customer testimonials was this goonlord with a newsboy cap and sure enough he mentions he plays bass and i thought holy gently caress those people have insanely precise market research

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

does this count

https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/993611527965028352

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i was drunk one night watching low-budget regional pro wrestling. it went off and an infomercial for some vape device came on and one of the customer testimonials was this goonlord with a newsboy cap and sure enough he mentions he plays bass and i thought holy gently caress those people have insanely precise market research

I legitimately cannot tell if this is the same dude from that last pic or not

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Imagine a Grimes album made with Elon Musk money

Actually I don't want to because then it would suck

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
It's a better use for his money than a loving rocket.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

2much power

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Anime Reference posted:

It's a better use for his money than a loving rocket.

Are you being serious?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Anime Reference posted:

It's a better use for his money than loving a rocket.
Fixed.

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010
Elon Musk is the Henry Juskiewicz of electric cars and rocket ships.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Are you being serious?

Grimes albums are a greater public benefit than robber barons privatizing space.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Anime Reference posted:

Grimes albums are a greater public benefit than robber barons privatizing space.

No one benefits from Grimes.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
From Grimes to Dines, an in depth look at that 18 string monstrosity, some of it is made of stone wtf
https://youtu.be/IsAuzv6R8l0

I love the qualifier 'I wanted to make a somewhat decent song'

NonzeroCircle fucked around with this message at 11:49 on May 9, 2018

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

NonzeroCircle posted:

From Grimes to Dines, an in depth look at that 18 string monstrosity, some of it is made of stone wtf
https://youtu.be/IsAuzv6R8l0

I love the qualifier 'I wanted to make a somewhat decent song'

I watched some of that guy's videos the other day -- he seems fun. Is he a dickhead, though? :ohdear:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

I watched some of that guy's videos the other day -- he seems fun. Is he a dickhead, though? :ohdear:
I mean, no more than most *famous Gear-Nerd YouTube Tryhards.

*Internet Famous. Phil X doesn't count because he has a real paying GIG.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This thread sucks now that you all have exposed yourself as space and grimes haters.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Space is really cool! It's just that Elon Musk is... well, saying he's a douche would be putting it nicely.

I have no beef with Grimey lady.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

prefect posted:

I reckon he knows he's a ridiculous man who's lucked out getting to make a living from it. He's much less insufferable than Steve Terreberry for sure.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wark Say posted:

Space is really cool! It's just that Elon Musk is... well, saying he's a douche would be putting it nicely.

I have no beef with Grimey lady.

Nah I understand you. I love Elon in some capacity. Billionaires using their money for cool weird fun poo poo is my jam. But he certainly has some work to do on the not being a big shithead outside of the end product of making rockets and flamethrowers.

I think I just appreciate the ridiculousness of it all maybe. If you’re going to be a rich rear end in a top hat at least make it entertaining.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 13:33 on May 9, 2018

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

NonzeroCircle posted:

I reckon he knows he's a ridiculous man who's lucked out getting to make a living from it. He's much less insufferable than Steve Terreberry for sure.

So true. I somehow still subscribe to Stevie T, but I think it's because I'm kinda fascinated of how deep the rabbit hole goes. He CAN have some interesting concepts SOME TIMES, but it's always presented with so many unfunny voices and "silly" faces and product placement that it turns into poo poo anyway. He's an OK guitar player, but he knows his audience and probably hams it up a little extra for them.

Dines is more versatile and also plays several instruments and knows poo poo about recording and gear. I don't really think he's an rear end in a top hat, but he really looks like one. He looks and dresses like the typical stoner/bro/douche/date rapist/fratboy who everyone knows at least one of.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Steve’s faces are literally one of the few things that triggers anger in me so quickly and intensely. It’s the worst and why I don’t watch his videos.

I feel the same way about kmac too :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:byodood: Grrrrreeeetings and salutations!