Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Milky Moor posted:

remember how winter soldier was like 'btw there are super nazis in all the world governments' and then nothing happened with that

such continuity

Hydra did nothing wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Full disclosure, I only seen the hulk 1 and 2 and Iron Man 1 and captain america 1 and the Avengers 1 all the way through

And Guardians of the Galaxy 1

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 3, 2018

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Milky Moor posted:

such continuity

Why did the one good character from Michael Bay's Transformers have an unexplained name change?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Hydra did nothing wrong.

The weirdest part about Captain America 1 was that an American superman in ww2 never fought the Nazis. He fought the secret Hydra, who have dull platonic ideals of Balance and Death and capital E evil, like Thanos or whatever

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Sharparse posted:

Hey auspol, I just got a new job and I wanted to join the union. Does anyone know which is the best union for warehousing in SA? Google just gives me the SDA and they can get hosed.

I'm sorry you had to ask this question during Turbonerd hour. I don't know the answer, but here might be a good place to go searching.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
comic books suck and comic book movies suck

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

The Peccadillo posted:

It's pretty cute that the first big rear end villain of these Disney movies is some nerd who hyperventilates about Third World birthrates, so he can gently caress the grim reaper

Hey, third big-rear end villain. Just because Loki and Ultron weren't cosmic-scale, doesn't mean they aren't big asses. Also that's not including the ones without the 'Avengers' name; didn't the Guardians fight a planet?

And this is even further off the point, but I want to voice that Thanos hosed basically every single-superhero movie in the franchise from contributing villains to future crossover movies. Loki was a Thor villain, and Ultron was an Iron Man villain (in story origin and flavor of character, not in from-movies-origin), but with the Guardians providing Thanos we leapfrogged the scale most of the movies are playing on. So Captain America, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Ant-Man, they can't provide an Avengers villain because it'll be an enormous step down from Thanos (Doctor Strange probably could, but I'm the only person that liked that movie).

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 10:08 on May 3, 2018

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Zenithe posted:

Why did the one good character from Michael Bay's Transformers have an unexplained name change?

i don't know how to put this gently but shia lebeouf and mark wahlberg were not playing the same character

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Cleretic posted:

Hey, third big-rear end villain. Just because Loki and Ultron weren't cosmic-scale, doesn't mean they aren't big asses. Also that's not including the ones without the 'Avengers' name; didn't the Guardians fight a planet?

And this is even further off the point, but I want to voice that Thanos hosed basically every single-superhero movie in the franchise from contributing villains to future crossover movies. Loki was a Thor villain, and Ultron was an Iron Man villain (in story origin and flavor of character, not in from-movies-origin), but with the Guardians providing Thanos we leapfrogged the scale most of the movies are playing on. So Captain America, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Ant-Man, they can't provide an Avengers villain because it'll be an enormous step down from Thanos (Doctor Strange probably could, but I'm the only person that liked that movie).
if i ever meet you i'm just going to stare at you silently until you get uncomfortable and walk away

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Yes, there will be more superhero movies

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I wish I had a personality quirk that made me harshly judge what other people do for entertainment and relaxation.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

JBP posted:

I wish I had a personality quirk that made me harshly judge what other people do for entertainment and relaxation.

I like anime

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Milky Moor posted:

i don't know how to put this gently but shia lebeouf and mark wahlberg were not playing the same character

:aaaaa:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

this broken hill posted:

Woah.

It's mostly the Marvel and Image comics that suck. The DC ones and various indie projects still churn out some quality.

Movies? *non committal shrug*

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
the best part of tf5 was the bit where anthony hopkins is like 'you are the last surviving witwicky, all the others are VERY DEAD' and it cuts to a photo of shia labeouf

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Anime is blood

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
yeah sorry that came out with a harsher tone than i intended

comic books toot and comic book movies fart

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

Paingod556 posted:

Got a mate working (8 hour shifts, no breaks, 11 days in a row) at Aldi, I checked RAFFWU and they seem to recommend the National Union of Workers. He hasn't contacted them yet AFAIK, so can't give any opinions

Schlesische posted:

I'm sorry you had to ask this question during Turbonerd hour. I don't know the answer, but here might be a good place to go searching.

Ha, thanks guys. I'll look into it further.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

this broken hill posted:

if i ever meet you i'm just going to stare at you silently until you get uncomfortable and walk away

Gonna be honest, that won't take you very long.

I'm not actually upset or concerned about this, I'm just pointing out that they hosed the power scale on the crossovers before some of the real good corners of the MCU got to provide a spotlight villain. I could make a Dragon Ball reference to compare here, but that'd just dig my hole even deeper.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

this broken hill posted:

I'm drunk and on my phone but pretend I posted the panels of Dr Doom playing the sea horn

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

this broken hill posted:

You should read a cool comic book then. Much like film and literature the story is different in every one.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm drunk and on my phone but pretend I posted the panels of Dr Doom playing the sea horn

the sea horn

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

JBP posted:

You should read a cool comic book then. Much like film and literature the story is different in every one.
i read many comics and am disgusted primarily by myself, reflected in others

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I made a calzone for dinner and it was good and now I am very full but life is good

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

this broken hill posted:

Proving they are the perfect accouterments to auspol.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

:gaz:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Why is saying something "sucks" not the same as saying something is "gay"?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Gay means happy.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

this broken hill posted:

:agreed:

Comic book movies are bad.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

JBP posted:

anyone can suck and anything can be sucked

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

Wait, is this from the QUT stalkerspace?

Were people dunking on that because it was an airbnb advert? I'm too old and don't understand young people so I don't get why there's a bunch of memes floating round.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

Were people dunking on that because it was an airbnb advert? I'm too old and don't understand young people so I don't get why there's a bunch of memes floating round.

They’re asking someone to housesit and feed their pets and expecting to charge them for the privilege

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

????? :confused: ?????

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

The meme is basically she's asking someone to pay her to housesit her own house and people called her out on it then she left the group and became a meme/bully target.
It's funny looking at QUT pages and while the person is an idiot, people who post there are extremely libertarian unironically.
Even if you browse it further you notice how much /pol/ leaks onto Business students.

Naturally its a complete clusterfuck since I graduated. It used to be mostly people getting help for assignments ect but its since been infected by the meme brigade and any time politics is brought up it swings heavily to the right and is full of recycled /pol/ memes which QUT Student Guild mods allow.

I just stay a member of the group to watch it burn, like most facebook groups.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Why would libertarians be unhappy with someone who's managed to figure out how to charge for having work done. I mean if she can convince someone to take the offer that's just ~the free market at work~ right

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Anidav posted:

I just stay a member of the group to watch it burn, like most facebook groups.
mudgee pets and livestock is great entertainment btw

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bandaid.friend posted:

Why would libertarians be unhappy with someone who's managed to figure out how to charge for having work done. I mean if she can convince someone to take the offer that's just ~the free market at work~ right

"The free market is great. Oh no someone stole all my buttcoins, government please intervene and save me." - A libertarian

To answer your question it's because the cogs in their brain are missing some teeth.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/02/some-puzzles-for-libertarians-2

A cool on tinder sent me this. Sadly she left the country before I was able to propose.

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010

Paingod556 posted:

Got a mate working (8 hour shifts, no breaks, 11 days in a row) at Aldi, I checked RAFFWU and they seem to recommend the National Union of Workers. He hasn't contacted them yet AFAIK, so can't give any opinions

That’s pretty clearly within fatigue management guidelines with the exception of the breaks part. That is unless his contract states he gets a “crib break” in which case it’s all legal and fine. As long as he gets a solid 48 hour break in ANY 14 day period, there’s nothing he can really say to the 11 days solid.

He should definitely read his contract before contacting a union and making himself a target to management.

Pinball Jizzard fucked around with this message at 13:48 on May 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

"The free market is great. Oh no someone stole all my buttcoins, government please intervene and save me." - A libertarian

To answer your question it's because the cogs in their brain are missing some teeth.

Liberty for me, slavery for others.

• Locked thread