Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Heath posted:

Childfree has been around in some form or another since the early 2000s. I remember finding it on Livejournal and thinking they were all virulently lovely.

Then I found childfree_hardcore, which was for the people who thought childfree didn't hate kids and parents enough.

Edit: apparently the Livejournal community was active as recently as 2016.

IDK, I have kids and I hate other kids and their parents.

I tried getting my boys into Boy Scouts, and I forgot how bad it can be if you want open-minded, non-homophobic kids. Seriously the mos toxic parents and Indigo kids in that group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/8g5uay/am_i_headed_for_divorce_down_the_road/

quote:

My wife and I turn 30 this year. We've been married for 3-4 years, while having dated almost a decade before that. Throughout most of this time we've both been fencesitters, although leaning towards CF. Over the past 2 years I've been veering very much towards CF, and I thought she was too. E.g. she would make comments like "that's why I'm never having kids" when visiting our relatives and seeing their children. We're living apart for now because of a job situation, but I just received a phone call from her saying that she's reconsidering having kids, just because contrary to all the poo poo that we've seen, it could actually be a very rewarding experience. When I told her - for her own sake of course - that she should really think hard about this because she would need to find someone else fast given our age, she said she felt betrayed, despite us being very clear on each other's stances on this topic, or so I thought. She got off the phone and I feel like this might be one of those ominous signs of a slow, ugly death of our relationship.

During the phone call I also tried to tease out if she's been influenced by her friends, but it doesn't seem that way. We've also been apart for extended periods of time before, and when she gets moody this has never happened. That's why I think this might be for real.

For folks who were in long relationships/marriage that ended because of differences on CF, what does this sound like to you?

And of couse the comments are things like "Do not have sex with her anymore. She's short on time and might try to trap you. And yes, a split is the most likely outcome. Since you're the one who doesn't want kids, you have time to talk this out if you so wish, but please, no sex."

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
/r/childfree? I think you mean /r/sourgrapes

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

/r/childfree? I think you mean /r/incel

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm 38 and married with no kids but it never occurred to me to talk to others about it. Kinda similar to posting about atheism.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I'm 38 and married with no kids but it never occurred to me to talk to others about it. Kinda similar to posting about atheism.

Because if you are a person who doesn't want kids, you just don't have them; you wouldn't spend all day complaining about "breeders" and the kid at Target who took the last Pokemon game that you were coveting, "that little rear end in a top hat.. He can't possibly apprecia tte the bond I have with Pikachu"

I guarantee you the redditors in childfree fall in to at least one category:

1. Nobody will gently caress me
2. Arrested development
3. Can't have kids (but never wanted to anywaaay)
4. Terrible childhood, angry that other kids are happy
5. Doesn't want children, too much of a pussy to tell mom and dad they won't, militantly anti-kid online

Meanwhile, people who don't want to have kids and are mentally well are too busy loving, doing drugs, and other fun poo poo to post online.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
/R/childfree

Closet paedophiles imho :shrug:

In the same way super-homophobes are always caught pounding rear end with a young rentboy in a public toilet

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Best /childfree post: 22ish lady getting upset at children making noise durning her birthday celebration.

She was at the Harry Potter place at Orlando Studios. You know, the place designed for children.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bonzo posted:

Oh poo poo. we totally forgot about /r/childfree/

this place did the childfree thing long before reddit man.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
one of my favorite things on reddit lately has been reading a /r/news thread for some kind of conservative pro trump hot take and clicking on the profile

they'll almost always have some posts on /r/hotwife or /r/cuckold also

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Go to CringeAnarchy for some fun. It's literally edgy mid-20s dorks posting like they are racist baby boomer grandparents.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

this place did the childfree thing long before reddit man.

don't sign your posts!!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

don't sign your posts!!

Lmao

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Hollenhammer posted:

pap smear posted:

I can even understand why Black people blow $4,000 on a subwoofer for their jalopi

I'm the Capital B in Black people

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 2, 2018

Marlboro for Cats
Apr 14, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Okay, Reddit is bad and this site is better, but

girls post there

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Girls post here too, I hear

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I hate how comments work in reddit and also its all fake users and paid content, I feel like nothing is legitimately organic its all what viral advertisers pay to get on the top of a subreddit

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Marlboro for Cats posted:

Okay, Reddit is bad and this site is better, but

girls post there

Any woman who would stoop so low as to be online is probably swine

The internet is for broken brained men, like me

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

ElGroucho posted:

Any woman who would stoop so low as to be online is probably swine

The internet is for broken brained men, like me

Women also even legally allowed to buy 56k modems so I know for a fact they dont go online

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

lmao imagine ur wife actually wanting to gently caress

AM I RITE GUYS

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Why is all of imgur obsessed with Aubrey Plaza? Aren't there other women who are good at frowning?

pap smear
Jan 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Rad-daddio posted:

Why is all of imgur obsessed with Aubrey Plaza? Aren't there other women who are good at frowning?

she's weird and cuhraazy just like me xD

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
she's average and considered more attainable (in a stupid nerd's mind).

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Imagine if Aubrey Plaza did a Harley Quinn cosplay. I think Reddit would go down in flames for a few hours.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

We just gently caress if we want to gently caress, no elk sounds :(

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Rad-daddio posted:

she's on Legion, a Marvel-affiliated show that's currently in the middle of a new season

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I like Aubrey plaza because Im a straight male, what else do you need

I saw her movie where shes a bad girl pretending to be good in order to .... gently caress I dont remember anything about that movie except her butt in a bikini

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
9 months crack free! Here's a picture of me! I want adulation for doing what normal people do everyday!

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Rad-daddio posted:

at least the internet moved on from the rage face drawings for every terrible image macro/lazy comic

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Rad-daddio posted:

There was that woman who did those little dances while frowning and she was popular on the internet for awhile.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I like Aubrey plaza because I’m a straight male, what else do you need

I saw her movie where she’s a bad girl pretending to be good in order to .... gently caress I don’t remember anything about that movie except her butt in a bikini

And thats fine and good. I'm just concerned about the folks who post 20+ memes and related content about her everyday.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Inept posted:

at least the internet moved on from the rage face drawings for every terrible image macro/lazy comic

Lmao have you seen overly attached girlfriend omg shes crazy u can see it lmao

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

This guy is so brave to confess such a controversial opinion

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bubble Bobby posted:

9 months crack free! Here's a picture of me! I want adulation for doing what normal people do everyday!

thats like... one of the least offensive things to get mad about? good for them?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Did anyone post about militant atheism or childfree being cult-like? Or, hell, even the reddit echo chamber as a whole?

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

gbs but from 2004 posted:

NO REGRETS

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

gbs but from 2004 posted:

then i go to a massive social gathering on the internet full of likeminded people who echo my opinions

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

china bot posted:

she's on Legion, a Marvel-affiliated show that's currently in the middle of a new season

she was loving terrible in it too, but nerds thought she was amazing, because nerds dont understand anything.

i watched that poo poo because the fargo guy was involved but it was not worth the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

thats like... one of the least offensive things to get mad about? good for them?

getting off the drugs is fantastic

telling other people about how youre legitimately committed to bettering yourself now is absolutely fine

but leveraging events, happy or sad, in your personal life solely to get that sweet, sweet Reddit Gold is Cursed

so I agree with you, but, I got off crack! is one thing, Hi Reddit I got off crack, PM me nudes is another