Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

"We don't even understand why you're suing us, your case is likely to be tossed, so why should we spend any time doing anything except write these snide responses?"

Other fun phrases:
  • sprawling, expensive, disruptive discovery
  • untethered, out-of-control discovery
  • waiting until the court can untangle its pleadings
  • has not moved and should not move off square one
  • troubling circumstances of Crytek's case
  • millions of lines of code
  • Crytek's profound evasiveness
  • Defendants entreat the Magistrate Judge to have a look.
  • everything under the sun
  • nobble
  • outrageous amounts of time, money, and resources
  • prayed for the Court
  • behemoth

>nobble
Nice word, I'll try to find a use for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

Beexoffel posted:

>nobble
Nice word, I'll try to find a use for it.

Did you know Chris Roberts won the Nobble Piss prize?
Twice!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Daztek posted:

p sure I just heard this

"does that mean we're being reasonable and only doing 1 solar system?"

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/257272343?t=11m10s

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

People seem to think that it was a jab against NMS, but I think you're right.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
wtfo trying to fly a nox right now is all you need to know about star citizen

https://clips.twitch.tv/TrustworthyMildTildePogChamp

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 3, 2018

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

TheAgent posted:

I loving hate it every time someone mentions the nox

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Yeah, I also liked the part where someone wanted to play the part of the evil corporation and they basically said: "settle down, you can be a pirate and work for the evil corporation, but that's it".

It's funny how these guys are way more honest about their limitations than CIG, even though they have all the reasons in the world to hype their game.

What I mean is I don't understand open game development.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

"gently caress it"

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

TheAgent posted:

I'm the 18 fps on his brand new sponsored super computer while driving through a barren wilderness.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Wuxi posted:

I'm the 18 fps on his brand new sponsored super computer while driving through a barren wilderness.

Even Amazon's cloud is too limiting for Chris' vision.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

G0RF posted:

“Space Monkeys” will never not be a dumb way to label your fans. It’s as goofily French

It's also racist and Derek is already on the case.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

TheAgent posted:

A wild Kinren sighting in his comments.

The accidental star of one of the only enjoyable 3.0 viewing experiences on record.

Dan Gheesling beckons Kinren on a secret mission... that turns into a roleplay kidnapping (for allegedly disloyalty to the WHP)... that eventually ends mercifully.

For Kinren, at least. Gheesling has to keep on playing.

trucutru posted:

:negative:

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

Wuxi posted:

"I get 40 FPS on the PU regularly. I don't know how you naysayers always come out of the woodwork to badmouth Star Citizen. Maybe consider upgrading your potato PC before typing?
What are your specs anyway :)) ?

And furthermore, everyone knows performance is tied to the [waves hands]"

ALSO CORRECTION.
I'm the highlighted, zoomed in 18 fps on a supercomputer while flying through empty space.
He should consider borrowing animoo guy's coolers.

Sample_text fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 3, 2018

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

“It's so quiet this high up, the feeling you get is that you're one of those space monkeys. You do the little job you're trained to do. Pull a lever. Push a button. You don't understand any of it, and then you just die.”
― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Blue On Blue posted:

Didnt jim sterling say that sc looked like the most boring pos ever and he would never review it until a game was there to play ?

Or am I just misremembering

We have gone over this already. He just doesn't want to do it (for whatever reason) and "it'll be expensive to research" is his excuse not to.

Hav posted:

“It's so quiet this high up, the feeling you get is that you're one of those space monkeys. You do the little job you're trained to do. Pull a lever. Push a button. You don't understand any of it, and then you just die.”
― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Please do not quote racist filth in this thread. Thank you in advance cracker.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

trucutru posted:

Won't really matter... Derek was moved to concern.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

We have gone over this already. He just doesn't want to do it (for whatever reason) and "it'll be expensive to research" is his excuse not to.

"I would be touching the poop, and I'd want to know more about the poop before touching it, and I don't do MMOs anyway"

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Quavers posted:

B'Tak will set his PvP Slider to "no griefers" and hide from you. Checkmate

Can you help me out here, is "no griefers" higher or lower on the slider than the "no goons" setting?

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Love that WTFO's final reaction is :

[CLOSES SC IN A FURY] "Ok i'm done with this poo-poo, it's just gonna piss me off! I'm gonna get ready to get my ticket! (A 100$ + VIP premium ticket for a convention for a "game" he just furiously exited out of)

My shill senses are going through the roof!.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Gently caress!

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Down In The Pit... There's It!

Sample_text posted:

Love that WTFO's final reaction is :

[CLOSES SC IN A FURY] "Ok i'm done with this poo-poo, it's just gonna piss me off! I'm gonna get ready to get my ticket! (A 100$ + VIP premium ticket for a convention for a "game" he just furiously exited out of)

My shill senses are going through the roof!.

They gave him a 5k computer but couldn't be bothered to give him a free ticket to citcon?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The reality is that the project is running out of steam (as it should, it has been a long-rear end while).

I'm pretty sure someone more insightful than me could use a similar image to great effect. You could overlap the most egregious lies or promises on top of that graph (for example, the land claims correspond to the second peak on "E") to see what really drives interest into the project.

It's obvious that 2016 (e: gently caress I wanted to say 2017. too late) was the turning point for SC

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 3, 2018

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

A surprise theory crafting contest is underway for members of the CitizenTour $350 dinner & booze get together. The best role play fiction about Crusader will win a ship.

Is this real life?

trucutru posted:

The reality is that the project is running out of steam (as it should, it has been a long-rear end while).

I'm pretty sure someone more insightful than me could use a similar image to great effect. You could overlap the most egregious lies or promises on top of that graph (for example, the land claims correspond to the second peak on "E") to see what really drives interest into the project.

It's obvious that 2016 was the turning point for SC

2016 really was when Chris lost the plot. It took him until late 2017 to figure it out. And he only barely could bring himself to talk about it, and in entirely non-apologetic terms, in 2018.

Too bad they don't have any marketing talent there. A marketing professional sitting at the big boy table might've been able to keep him from breaking the brand. Unfortunately, the parody of one they employ helped him speed up the process...

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 3, 2018

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Some more ARGcast episodes for all of ya, I think Episode 9 is absolutely required listening:

[S01E06] Game Movie - 1h6m (Guests: Dapper Don)
Youtube || Anchor

[S01E07] Bank run - 1h9m (Guests: Dapper Don)
Youtube || Anchor

[S01E08] Magical hot air - 1h7m (Guests: Bootcha, Dapper Don)
Youtube || Anchor

[S01E09] High rolling Russian - 1h7m (Guests: Bootcha, Dapper Don)
Youtube || Anchor

RSS: https://anchor.fm/s/31ef7f0/podcast/rss
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/star-citizen-argcast/id1368037794
Pocket Casts: http://pca.st/bb92

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

A surprise theory crafting contest is underway for members of the CitizenTour $350 dinner & booze get together. The best role play fiction about Crusader will win a ship.

Is this real life?

...or just fantasy,
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
A little high, little low
Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Edit: Delicious; I was wondering if some of the Russian cash extant wouldn't fall afoul of more of the Russian sanctions, given the weird tapdancing that Daybreak have been doing - tl;dr they've walked back their acquisition by a Russian Oligarch because sanctions would mean no accepting cash.

Edit 2:
Ordinary shares are worthless except to indicate the number of votes at AGM meetings; they're transferred at the behest of the company secretary. Generally they'll indicate the makeup of the board. I've held hundreds of ordinary shares, and you normally just give them back if you leave, but there's a transfer form that I forget the number of. This is different to _Public offering_, which means anyone can buy and sell, given the normal restrictions on an IPO.

You seem to be mixing up the role of public offering and ordinary shares, particularly with regard to private limited liability corporations. Now, a _bond offering_....

Hav fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 3, 2018

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

G0RF posted:

BG&E2 stream. (which may or may not be worth watching...)

It wasn´t.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

YOUTUBE: Around the Verse - The Labours of Hercules

Ricky describes what Herculean labors they've been up to recently here and here.

Interestingly, this is (I think) the fourth AtV without Chris Roberts as co-host. I can only assume he's been busy creating misery for the UK and Frankfurt teams for a month. Oh well, he'll be back in time for tomorrow night's very special composition competition. You can tell just how important it all was to CIG given that they have to keep it under 250 words. It's like a third grade level challenge.

Lando's Ship Shape section begins here. Every time I see Lando talk about the ship pipeline with the stupid charts green screened behind him I can't help but laugh. They still pretend they're a game studio instead of a spaceship pre-seller in full-bore turbo-schlepping mode.

Speaking of turbo-schlepping, here's Lando pitching the Hercules Starlifter.

Paul Jones speaks of a ship loaded with 200 people unleashing a small army onto the battlefield.

Presumably, they'd be encountering at least a similarly sized army when doing so. Otherwise, why fly 200 people to a battlefield?

LANDO: "And, as you may have already seen from Sandi's Social Media accounts..." :lol::lol::lol:

Matt Sherman theorycrafts the combat adventures the Hercules might afford players in some game that doesn't exist.

Get out of the way of the angry, angry nose on this ship.

Lando speaks with no embarrassment whatsoever of their 119 ships in the game that has hardly any actual mechanics in it in year 6 of its development.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 3, 2018

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Yep, called it. Let it be known etc etc. Adding vehicles means vehicle dropships, troop transports, anti-tank gunships, and a whole load of new poo poo to sell.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress you’re right about Ship Shape man, it’s really something else to have a labyrinth of flowcharts to explain why the hundreds of dollars only gets you a JPEG

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Down In The Pit... There's It!

G0RF posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_C-130_Hercules
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_C-141_Starlifter

Its so nice they archered the name twice.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
I'm waiting on piloting on of these:

Imagine all the exciting co-op gameplay that would come from me and my buddies.
"Ok now move me just a teensy bit to the left.
Now to the right
Back to the left.
PERFECT.

Even better if it's one of their subsumption NPC's cargo lifting me from spot to spot.

I can't wait to be airdropped 2 centimeters out of the border of B'tak's plot of land :)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

G0RF posted:

I yearn for the times where they had someone competent make little commercials for their wares. Nowadays we get about a dozen of still images and a bunch of people who should not be in front of a camera in front of a camera half-assedly speaking about how cool a lame cargo transport is.

G0RF posted:

Presumably, they'd be encountering at least a similarly sized army when doing so. Otherwise, why fly 200 people to a battlefield?

Why would you bring 200 people to a battlefield when a) those 200 people own at least 200 ships and b) 200 ships are more effective than 200 people in pretty much any circumstance.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 3, 2018

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Good reply :golfclap:

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Maybe Crobber is getting ready for the Discovery process by cruching on the shredder with Ortwin.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

trucutru posted:

I yearn for the times where they had someone competent make little commercials for their wares. Nowadays we get about a dozen of still images and a bunch of people who should not be in front of a camera in front of a camera half-assedly speaking about how cool a lame cargo transport is.

Why would you bring 200 people to a battlefield when a) those 200 people own at least 200 ships and b) 200 ships are more effective than 200 people in pretty much any circumstance.

You forgot one thing.

RAMPS!
Their second greatest enemy.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

trucutru posted:

I like the idea of "bringing people to the battlefield" in general. "We can't fight in our space ships in this space game, commando! Never mind that we have complete atmospheric and orbital control, not to mention interstellar supply lanes! The battlefield is down there!"

It's almost as if CIG needed money so they decided to tell people there'd also be a ground vehicular combat and territory control game so they could open up entirely new lines of idiot income to steal.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

G0RF posted:

Is this real life?

2016 really was when Chris lost the plot. It took him until late 2017 to figure it out. And he only barely could bring himself to talk about it, and in entirely non-apologetic terms, in 2018.

Too bad they don't have any marketing talent there. A marketing professional sitting at the big boy table might've been able to keep him from breaking the brand. Unfortunately, the parody of one they employ helped him speed up the process...

2016 is when it became really noticeable but I think crobbler officially lost the plot during the 6 weeks he went to Imaginerium for 6 months. Before that time frame there seemed to be at least acknowledgement of reality and token steps towards improving quality of life of core mechanics like flight but Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall while crobear was playing bigshot director. Since his return, :cig: has been in in defense mode with increasingly dishonest actions to keep the spice flowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Peter.Quint posted:

If you could get Skadden to make one aspect of their discovery public what would it be?

I think I'd want to know how much Chris, Ortwin and co have taken out the company(s) themselves, how much has been transferred from Start Citizen to their personal wealth.

It wouldn't shake the faith of the cultists but it would give an indisputable fact to demonstrate just how hard they have been rammed by the Roberts clan.

Comedy answer: the AMD letter
Serious answer: Where all the money has gone