Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
What's the citadel for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I'm considering coming back to this game again...are there any non-bossing ways to make decent enough money for bonds these days? It took me (what feels like) roughly 2000 tries to kill Nomad for the quest back just before RS3 dropped, and I think I ended up letting someone else log into my account to defeat the QBD for the quest for me because I'm just that goddamn terrible at bossing.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Artificer posted:

What's the citadel for?

A bunch of free XP in a selection of skills, plus you get cool stars on your clan cape if you make sure to contribute to it each week via collecting resources. Also you can kinda look around at it.

taiyoko posted:

I'm considering coming back to this game again...are there any non-bossing ways to make decent enough money for bonds these days? It took me (what feels like) roughly 2000 tries to kill Nomad for the quest back just before RS3 dropped, and I think I ended up letting someone else log into my account to defeat the QBD for the quest for me because I'm just that goddamn terrible at bossing.

I don't know how high your levels are, but passive income from crafting and selling trade goods items from the player owned port can easily keep you making enough coins to buy a bond every two weeks, once you're past the early stages of it. And it becomes just a thing you do for 10 minutes once a day when you're at the end stages of it because you can really only send each ship once a day due to the voyage lengths.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I forget how far I ever got with the player owned port exactly, but here's my stats:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

taiyoko posted:

I forget how far I ever got with the player owned port exactly, but here's my stats:

Well you've got several skills high enough to use the recipes and trade goods when you get them

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I see there's been some updates to ports since I played last, new skills and regions, last I played there was only 4 regions iirc.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Hinze is currently unavailable so if anyone wants cit pay I am able to take care of it

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
You guys know you want to play more Oldschool. Come hang out with Goonscape legends such as myself and enjoy the wonderful community!

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Yeah, we had a hot three people in the osrs clan chat last night. Really some poppin' peak hours.

Join us

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Double post

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I will, but only if you agree to make a f2p PKer with me

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Oh man, this is the one thing that could get me off my rs3 ironman and into oldschool

lvl 13 combat pure mage like it's 2003

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

F2p PvP sounds like a ton of fun tbh.

Vital Signs
Oct 17, 2007
I have a lvl... 47 f2p pker I think? 40 att, 1 def, 60 str, 60 hp... 66 mage/67 range... 1 prayer? I'd be down if that's "low lvl" ... and if not, I'll totally make some mith 2h pker's with ya'll.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Most opt for mage at 25 for the Varrock tele, but that's definitely a good build. My rune pure is going for 31 prayer because I'm weird like that.

Foreskin Problems fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 3, 2018

Vital Signs
Oct 17, 2007
It’s the highest mage and range I could have while staying the same combat level that I gained with melee stats.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How do you stay at 25 mag or whatever without pvp combat leveling you up eventually?

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
I'm down for some f2p pking. I'll probably just chuck a bond on a fresh account for some quests for melee xp and do sand crabs with darts

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
For sure down for some f2p pvp. Making one as I type this. Going for 40/50/60(range).

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Runescape Classic is finally getting shut down in August, for the one other person besides me who ever bothers to log into that.

Anyway we need another person to visit the citadel this week to make sure it doesn't get shut again due to low visitorship.

Pesayeth
Feb 28, 2015
I'm looking at possibly hopping back on sometime soon as well. I logged in today and saw that I'm pretty cash poor, but asset rich, so I'm trying to figure out what to do based on my skills and what I've done before in the game.

Mursupitsku
Sep 12, 2011
They just released OSRS Mobile members beta for Android. Its pretty cool.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Mursupitsku posted:

They just released OSRS Mobile members beta for Android. Its pretty cool.

I left RS3 awhile ago, came back to OSRS like a month or so ago. Any goons actively play OSRS at this point?

Edit: It is really nice to just buy bonds with RS3 gold to fuel the membership for my OSRS toon.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 6, 2018

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
There's a small group of us that still play. A clan chat was posted a while back, last I was in it we had maybe three people in the cc. Hard to gauge seeing as this thread barely moves but I'd say there are definitely fellow goons in the game. I've just mostly been skilling and training solo since the thread is so slow and it seemed like everyone was in RS3.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Most active runescapers hang out in the discord rather than the thread. Hell, I'm an inactive runescaper and I hang out there.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
a real hero now

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
Stupid twitch gave me a free membership so now I'm considering getting back into this crap as a distraction while playing other good games.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Urgh, just tried to log in for the first time since Christmas and found my account that has been active since 2003 has been banned for Old School RS botting. I have never even played OSRS! Anyone have any experience of this happening (obviously account has been hijacked) and seen a successful appeal?

I had a successful password retrieval request process to go through first before finding this out.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Subliminal Ninja posted:

Urgh, just tried to log in for the first time since Christmas and found my account that has been active since 2003 has been banned for Old School RS botting. I have never even played OSRS!

I can't speak to account recovery but if you've never played OSRS there wasn't an account with stats on there for you to begin with. We all have to start fresh on OSRS so if you were looking to play Old School, you didn't lose out on any of your hard work from your old account. Though I do totally understand the sentiment of wanting to use your old account.

Account recovery with Jagex is tricky. My general impression is they are fairly tight-lipped and stubborn when it comes to things, but on Reddit there's the occasional inquiry that seems to go in the favor of the player. Bottom line is YMMV and it likely isn't worth your time if you never had any OSRS progress in the first place.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Zodack posted:

I can't speak to account recovery but if you've never played OSRS there wasn't an account with stats on there for you to begin with. We all have to start fresh on OSRS so if you were looking to play Old School, you didn't lose out on any of your hard work from your old account. Though I do totally understand the sentiment of wanting to use your old account.

Account recovery with Jagex is tricky. My general impression is they are fairly tight-lipped and stubborn when it comes to things, but on Reddit there's the occasional inquiry that seems to go in the favor of the player. Bottom line is YMMV and it likely isn't worth your time if you never had any OSRS progress in the first place.

The problem is that the account is banned in general meaning that even though I never played OSRS, my RS3 account is also lost. Chances are my bank was cleared out (bye rares) but there’s no way I can be bothered getting my levels/questing to the same degree again.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Subliminal Ninja posted:

The problem is that the account is banned in general meaning that even though I never played OSRS, my RS3 account is also lost. Chances are my bank was cleared out (bye rares) but there’s no way I can be bothered getting my levels/questing to the same degree again.

I see what you are saying now - your account was banned for botting in OSRS and that impacted your ability to play RS3. I read that backwards as you wanting to play OSRS after coming back to the game and your account in RS3 having been banned for botting.

I'd go to Reddit or Twitter. It's a little unsightly but honestly the Jmods pay quite a bit of attention to social media (at least they do to some degree for OSRS) and also make an appeal through their usual system. It's a long shot but better than nothing.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I successfully appealed a hacked botting ban, it took under a week to resolve. No idea how normal that is though.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

I successfully appealed a hacked botting ban, it took under a week to resolve. No idea how normal that is though.

Did you just use the appeal a ban button or go through any other means?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Just the appeal feature on the site, it was good.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jagex is pretty good about account recovery now since if they told everyone that got hacked for someone's bot farm to get hosed then nobody would ever come back to the game. In my experience anyway

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
It's one of those things where the audience never is sure whether or not the guy crying about getting falsely banned for botting was really botting or not.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Well I got my account back minus roughly 1bil! Not sure how to feel about it.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Subliminal Ninja posted:

Well I got my account back minus roughly 1bil! Not sure how to feel about it.

The same thing Runescape always makes you feel: satisfaction and regret.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
DXP is rad as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Thinking about coming back to try out the mobile version when it comes out. Will have to :effort: to get my old account back since my phone with the authentication died a long while back.