Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Deathstroke is pretty lame and I love that the new trailer for the Teen Titans Go movie takes the piss out of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4BzlmCbKEk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Too bad they didn't get Ron Perlman for it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Dexie posted:

Deathstroke is pretty lame and I love that the new trailer for the Teen Titans Go movie takes the piss out of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4BzlmCbKEk

The Teen Titans Go To The Movies Trailer actually makes me kind of want to secretly watch this later on Hulu/Netflix/Whatever. It actually looks pretty drat funny.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!

Covok posted:

The Teen Titans Go To The Movies Trailer actually makes me kind of want to secretly watch this later on Hulu/Netflix/Whatever. It actually looks pretty drat funny.

It is the definitive TT.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
https://twitter.com/newsarama/status/991442757037129728?s=21

Good news, guys! Doomsday Clock trade schedule for 2099! /s

For reals, though, they had to delay 5 and 6 another month each.

Edit: Following up on this, I think that these delays are really killing the interest in the Rebirth One Shot mystery.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sounds like they'd already adjusted their 2019 event to deal with the first delay and now this is going to screw up everything. I wonder if there is a plan in place to move up the post Watchmen stuff now that it's going to be what, 2020?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Delaying a Crisis Event is just fine by me.
Only problem is stringing along a JSA relaunch. Oh well.

edit: I just want things to catch up so Batman can start using this sweet chest emblem in the regular comics.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 2, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wanna bet we find out 3-4 years from now that this delay is what keeps Hickman out of DC?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Wanna bet we find out 3-4 years from now that this delay is what keeps Hickman out of DC?

Please, if anyone can appreciate a delay it's Hickman :v:

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
Deadpool Shmeadpool. Deathstroke Shmethstroke.

They're all just second rate Pikes.

nofather fucked around with this message at 08:45 on May 2, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So Lois Lane is MIA as of Bendis writing Superman, a new female reporter has taken her place but surprise she's evil or appears to be so.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Onmi posted:

So Lois Lane is MIA as of Bendis writing Superman, a new female reporter has taken her place but surprise she's evil or appears to be so.

I'm kind of glad now that I can't buy comics anymore.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Covok posted:

It's an eight page story that the big plot beat is that Lois Lane has left the Daily Planet and no one wants to talk about why and Clark can't reveal what really happened and they're hiring a new reporter who wants to 'take over' the newspaper so she might be Satan incarnate or just an overambitious selfish journalist if that makes you feel any better or you know maybe Bendis is currently just jerking off like a madman at killing bitches and making bitches evil we may never know.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Edge & Christian posted:

It's an eight page story that the big plot beat is that Lois Lane has left the Daily Planet and no one wants to talk about why and Clark can't reveal what really happened and they're hiring a new reporter who wants to 'take over' the newspaper so she might be Satan incarnate or just an overambitious selfish journalist if that makes you feel any better or you know maybe Bendis is currently just jerking off like a madman at killing bitches and making bitches evil we may never know.

I mean, it just sounds like the family focus is offically gone which is why I read the book. She should come back but doing it first issuses says to me "this isn't a book about a midwestern family" anymore.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
Booster Gold. Worst wedding gift ever.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Covok posted:

I mean, it just sounds like the family focus is offically gone which is why I read the book. She should come back but doing it first issuses says to me "this isn't a book about a midwestern family" anymore.

Eh that's just this thing e&c does now when anybody criticizes Bendis or is less than excited about Bendis writing Superman, I wouldn't take it personally

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Covok posted:

I mean feel free to write off the whole thing because of a plot beat in the first issue but I got the feeling that a few people here weren't really going to read the the BMB stuff in good faith any way.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Madkal posted:

I mean feel free to write off the whole thing because of a plot beat in the first issue but I got the feeling that a few people here weren't really going to read the the BMB stuff in good faith any way.

I mean, I can't buy the books anyway now. So its mostly just armchair discussing for me now. But I was always going in with cautious optimism. Supes is my fav when he's wholesome, light, and fun. Bendis can do that. Ultimate Spider-man is the definitive run on the character. But there is the worry of an Avengers: Dissassembled.

So, like I said, cautiously optimistic. But when you can't afford to buy it always sounds worse when you just hear about it.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Eight page teaser: "Beloved character is no longer part of one aspect of their status quo, the entire eight page teaser is built around everyone talking about how it's weird that the character left under unspoken extraordinary circumstances, builds mystery as to what happened to that character"

Internet: ERASURE

I am definitely the one being unreasonable and flying off the handle here, for sure.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Covok posted:

Just for you, they made DC Nation #0 free :)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

nofather posted:

Booster Gold. Worst wedding gift ever.

Meow?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
King writing Booster Gold as an addled cartoon character is...kind of friggin' annoying? It's really doing the Tom King thing where none of this makes a lick of sense if you think about it for more than a second but it's supposed to fine because everything is just so intense and weighty or whatever.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Instead of actually emotional and weighty, I think it's just supposed to be absurd.

edit: DC's subscription media service thingee just got announced.
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/991754324945629184
Just streaming shows so far, nothing about comics.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 2, 2018

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Instead of actually emotional and weighty, I think it's just supposed to be absurd.

Is that a stealth announcement for a Swamp Thing TV show or have they made mention of that before? 👀

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Swamp Thing is a new announcement. James Wan produced live action.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

If it has comics then I will sub immediately.

Otherwise I'm not subbing for what will likely just be an ok continuation for an ok animated series.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

BrianWilly posted:

King writing Booster Gold as an addled cartoon character is...kind of friggin' annoying? It's really doing the Tom King thing where none of this makes a lick of sense if you think about it for more than a second but it's supposed to fine because everything is just so intense and weighty or whatever.

It's likely going to lead to Booster Gold going to the psychotherapy-for-superheroes place. All that time travel, friends dying, you can only put a happy face on things for so long.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I really don't love King's Batman. I like most of his story premises, The Gift is a cool idea, but the dialogue where people just patter tersely yet snarkily at each other for twenty pages at a time does absolutely nothing for me. As BrianWilly says, Booster in this issue is particularly terrible and is being written like someone who's completely disconnected from reality.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Android Blues posted:

being written like someone who's completely disconnected from reality.

He clearly is after spending a year there. Hobo beards equal derangement.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

On the other hand, Booster mentions Ted sewing up his costume, so that overrides all your complaints.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Teenage Fansub posted:

My issue is, they finally get around to tilting the logo and it's not even for the comics?

The one thing I ask DC. One small thing.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Android Blues posted:

I really don't love King's Batman. I like most of his story premises, The Gift is a cool idea, but the dialogue where people just patter tersely yet snarkily at each other for twenty pages at a time does absolutely nothing for me. As BrianWilly says, Booster in this issue is particularly terrible and is being written like someone who's completely disconnected from reality.

Seriously this. It's like if Frank Miller is ghost writing or it's being channeled somehow. This Booster is an insane moron, that without Skeetz somehow keeps getting more insane and stupider.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Android Blues posted:

King's batman did absolutely nothing for me, but then I see storylines and hear about stuff like Kite Man and think "man I would love that". And then what I read just leaves me flat.

Mister Miracle is doing everything for me though. Goddamn do I love that book.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
If anything, being lost in a hellish timeline where all his friends are dead and his hopes killed each other in front of him should make him more down to Earth and stable.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I sure would have liked to have seen some of the year of Gotham going to hell.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

King's batman did absolutely nothing for me, but then I see storylines and hear about stuff like Kite Man and think "man I would love that". And then what I read just leaves me flat.

Mister Miracle is doing everything for me though. Goddamn do I love that book.

Mister Miracle is really good and I think it's exactly because it can exist in its own corner of the universe and ooze King's style without feeling weird or incongruous. It's incredibly surreal. It isn't attempting to be a standard superhero book or have an easily legible plot, it's meant to feel something like a fever dream. It works really well.

Batman is attempting to be a mainstream superhero book but it has the same terse, dreamlike, often illogical style and it just 80% of the time doesn't work for me at all. Characters say baffling things and make bizarre decisions, events just happen with their connective tissue loosely implied or not shown, and the dialogue occasionally verges into resembling the bastard offspring of Joss Whedon and Samuel Beckett. I know King's a good writer, but his approach to this book really isn't my bag.

In short, I guess I could use a little more procedure, a little less mood.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cassa posted:

I sure would have liked to have seen some of the year of Gotham going to hell.

Mother Panic: Gotham A.D. has some of that going on. Except instead of a hellscape that's moments from falling apart, it's a Metropolis-like Capitalist techno dystopia where image is everything, if only to hide the dark facade.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

A facade is the thing that covers up what you're hiding, it's not the thing that's being hidden

:goonsay:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

This month's Snagglepuss is loving lit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nofather
Aug 15, 2014
Yes. There was no point in my life when I thought I'd really like a comic about a homosexual anthropomorphic pink lion playwright in the mid 1900s but there you go.

Also Sasquatch Detective is cute as hell.