Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

That Works posted:

Yeah it probably is worth it for them but what kind of rivals would we be if I did not talk poo poo about it?

Very true.

I'm curious to see the actual money is and the breakdown of the contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
No one in the NFL has more weapons than Ryan.

If Drew Brees had Julio, Freeman, Coleman, Sanu, and the rest of the talent Ryan has, plus that defense, they’d go 16-0.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Tatsuta Age posted:

Please stay healthy matt

i hope matt dies :^)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

three posted:

If Drew Brees had Julio, Freeman, Coleman, Sanu, and the rest of the talent Ryan has, plus that defense, they’d go 16-0.

Like what else does the saints offense need to do?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

Like what else does the saints offense need to do?

Get a decent TE.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Get a decent TE.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

well poo poo... at least we can cut him with minimal cap hit after 3 years... on a 100 million guaranteed contract.

Aaron Rodgers is about to get PAID.

three posted:

Matt Ryan is a mediocre QB with the best talent any QB of the last decade could have ever asked for.

lol, this is a terrible opinion.

three posted:

Freeman and Coleman aren't on the field at the same time, man. Shitloads of QB's have their own Sanu. Julio is a cut above the rest, but come on, man. One hall of fame wide-out with chronic foot problems doesn't an offense make.

uh... what other talent? Taylor Gabriel owned when he had a coordinator who knew how to use him. So did Coleman, and someone's gonna get a loving great running back next year, because that man is playin' his last season in atlanta short of Freeman falling apart like a pile of leaves.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 4, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Get a decent TE.

Hell, same

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Chilichimp posted:

well poo poo... at least we can cut him with minimal cap hit after 3 years... on a 100 million guaranteed contract.

Aaron Rodgers is about to get PAID.

lol, this is a terrible opinion.

Freeman and Coleman aren't on the field at the same time, man. Shitloads of QB's have their own Sanu. Julio is a cut above the rest, but come on, man. One hall of fame wide-out with chronic foot problems doesn't an offense make.

uh... what other talent? Taylor Gabriel owned when he had a coordinator who knew how to use him. So did Coleman, and someone's gonna get a loving great running back next year, because that man is playin' his last season in atlanta short of Freeman falling apart like a pile of leaves.

outside of MAck our offensive line is hot trash every year, and we haven't had a better-than-even-decent TE since tony g, loving SARKESIAN, but yeah, matt ryan is the reason for the failure, because he has all the weapons :rolleyes:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Tatsuta Age posted:

outside of MAck our offensive line is hot trash every year, and we haven't had a better-than-even-decent TE since tony g, loving SARKESIAN, but yeah, matt ryan is the reason for the failure, because he has all the weapons :rolleyes:

Our oline hasnt been hot trash for several years. :confused:

Our sb year they were great. Healthy. But great.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

https://www.ajc.com/sports/falcons-offensive-line-ranked-second-nfl-2017/i73BzTepO8JfExL64GZnjJ/

yea im wrong lol

the rest stands

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

The rest stands. Our te position since Gonzo has been awful. Matt has made head coaches out of what...three ocs...over his 10 year career? On his 4th oc. Some years with god awful lines. Turning Harry Douglas into a wr1 one year. Playing with the corpses of Michael Turner and Stephen Jackson. Still putting up great numbers.

Three is just a moron. His username matches his iq.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I've always thought Ryan was solid af, much as it pains me to say it. He's been very consistent barring maybe 1-2 seasons where he dogged it and even that isn't entirely on him. He's no Brees, but really, no one out there is barring Brady or Rodgers in seasons here and there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tatsuta Age posted:

nah, we've got an above average offensive line. We need better guards, but it's a deec unit.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

I've always thought Ryan was solid af, much as it pains me to say it. He's been very consistent barring maybe 1-2 seasons where he dogged it and even that isn't entirely on him. He's no Brees, but really, no one out there is barring Brady or Rodgers in seasons here and there.

Yeah those 2 years? we were starting pete loving KONZ and ryan was still pretty good one of those years.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

The rest stands. Our te position since Gonzo has been awful. Matt has made head coaches out of what...three ocs...over his 10 year career? On his 4th oc. Some years with god awful lines. Turning Harry Douglas into a wr1 one year. Playing with the corpses of Michael Turner and Stephen Jackson. Still putting up great numbers.

Three is just a moron. His username matches his iq.

Well, Michael Turner was a corpse because they ran him 45 times a game. Ryan's numbers with Jackson were terrible because the whole team fell apart around him.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Well, Michael Turner was a corpse because they ran him 45 times a game. Ryan's numbers with Jackson were terrible because the whole team fell apart around him.

Truth. Some dark rear end years in there lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah those 2 years? we were starting pete loving KONZ and ryan was still pretty good one of those years.

Triggered af

Konz, Baker, Blalock, Holmes, Carimi...how Matt survived those years I will never know.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

three posted:

Reminder than Cam Newton went 15-1 with Shula calling the plays, a way post-prime Stewart as RB, a fat bowling ball Fullback, his #1 WR being TED GINN JR, and the #2 being......*looks up* ......Jerricho Cotchery?!! :psyduck:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Shiki Dan posted:

Reminder than Cam Newton went 15-1 with Shula calling the plays, a way post-prime Stewart as RB, a fat bowling ball Fullback, his #1 WR being TED GINN JR, and the #2 being......*looks up* ......Jerricho Cotchery?!! :psyduck:

you mean 14-2, they started the season 7-1

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shiki Dan posted:

That front 7 was real, real good before Luke turned into a concussion magnet.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Got a surplus of rad TEs over here in Tampa :coal:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

Got a surplus of rad TEs over here in Tampa :coal:

Will trade you a gently used Wes Schwitzer for Cameron Brate tia

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Member that time the Saints had Brate for like a week but the Bucs still got him back

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Will trade you a gently used Wes Schwitzer for Cameron Brate tia

Mbison.gif

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/992423605483978753

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

uh, this is from last year, boooooooooooooooooo

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

uh, this is from last year, boooooooooooooooooo

I know. But our twitter rarely does anything cool so I had to re-share.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Seen at jazz fest:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

New Orleans Pels flag on the same pole...shocking!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

New Orleans Pels flag on the same pole...shocking!

I mean yea, it’s at Jazzfest.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I mean yea, it’s at Jazzfest.

tbh I had no idea where that was. I feel like every state has jazzfest at some point and I saw the Colorado flag...but then I also saw a Cubs W flag...so I didn't know wth to think haha

If it's in NOLA...cool cool

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I feel like every state has jazzfest

:eyepoop:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

tbh I had no idea where that was. I feel like every state has jazzfest at some point and I saw the Colorado flag...but then I also saw a Cubs W flag...so I didn't know wth to think haha

If it's in NOLA...cool cool

It's in NOLA. Other flags flying include the states of Wyoming, Maryland, California, as well as the Canadian flag and the flag of a summer camp in Vermont.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I mean, we had a jazzfest in some podunk town I lived in Illinois so...I realize NOLA probably does it better than almost anywhere else.

ulmont posted:

It's in NOLA. Other flags flying include the states of Wyoming, Maryland, California, as well as the Canadian flag and the flag of a summer camp in Vermont.

Ok, makes much more sense. Very cool.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I mean, we had a jazzfest in some podunk town I lived in Illinois so...I realize NOLA probably does it better than almost anywhere else.

NOLA Jazzfest is like a week long, has a dozen different stages and tents where different acts play at the same time, and gets some really big names. Its not really jazz focused, you get everything from rock to hip hop to jazz to blues to zydeco to bluegrass to gospel. It’s fantastic.

http://www.nojazzfest.com/downloads/2018-NOJHF-7-Day-Web-Cubes.pdf

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

NOLA Jazzfest is like a week long, has a dozen different stages and tents where different acts play at the same time, and gets some really big names. Its not really jazz focused, you get everything from rock to hip hop to jazz to blues to zydeco to bluegrass to gospel. It’s fantastic.

http://www.nojazzfest.com/downloads/2018-NOJHF-7-Day-Web-Cubes.pdf

That's really cool! Sounds a little like Lollapalooza in Chicago.

Also holy poo poo I just accidentally hit Ctrl+B while trying to hit Ctrl+V to paste the correct spelling of Lollapalooza and I saw the bold tags! It works for italics as well with Ctrl+I...this has opened a whole new world for me :stare:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

That's really cool! Sounds a little like Lollapalooza in Chicago.

Also holy poo poo I just accidentally hit Ctrl+B while trying to hit Ctrl+V to paste the correct spelling of Lollapalooza and I saw the bold tags! It works for italics as well with Ctrl+I...this has opened a whole new world for me :stare:

1: Memphis in May is another everything under the sun music fest.

2: you've been here 13 years and you just learned this? Lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CannonFodder posted:

1: Memphis in May is another everything under the sun music fest.

I blame Radium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

If I wasn't overcome by such joy at this finding I would feel much shame.

• Locked thread