Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

The Dave posted:

Any more about it?

These Infinity War costumes are gonna drain me, and round 2 isn't even here yet.

Gives him a ton more DPS and survivablity and this is with the costume only at advanced. I say if you hadcorvus built up already it would beagood purchase for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like part of me regrets not buying the Corvus costume when I was considering it but the reality is I bought Bucky's and he went from a nothing character I use for a Leadership boost to someone who can solo a Proxima Ultimate fight. So who can regret it?

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Yeah I bought Bucky and Thanos, just gonna hold off for now since I don't have 5 million crystals. Glad to hear Corvus is awesome now though because I have him all built up along with Proxima.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The only uniforms I haven't heard anything positive about are Thor and Proxima. And its not like I've heard anyone call them bad.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Bought Bucky, Thanos and BW, wanted Cerveza but decided to dump all my bios into Thomas and Scarlet Bii... he-hey, didn't see you there!"

Now to start the bio grind for either the BO or T3.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yay, I finally finished the Strange quest today! Yay for full-power Strange! Glad I only needed to get Clea to 5 and that I had a crap ton of purple stones to get her Mastery where I needed.

Planning to focus BAM on getting Thanos up there... but maybe I should grab me some Corvus. I like that his uniform can apparently summon minions. I like minion-summoning.

I have the Thor uniform, and I like it if for no other reason than that it puts "Immigrant Song" in my head every time I use Thor. I don't have Thor at T2 yet, so I haven't seen it at full power.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Got Captain America and Spider-Man unis and that's it. Don't want Thor because I'm still working on the Ragnarok one. Don't have Bucky at T2 yet or I'd consider him.

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

The only uniforms I haven't heard anything positive about are Thor and Proxima. And its not like I've heard anyone call them bad.

I have heard there are some bugs going around with Proxima, like her bounce spear doesnt stun in the uniform. Hopefully they fix that.

I think if you don't have any thor uniform the raganarok one is better because of the card that comes with it when you max it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, even if the Infinity War costume is better it doesn't come with a card. So either you want that costume/card or you already invested the resources to get it so its not worth getting the new costume. That was my math and I assume a lot of people did the same which is why I've heard nothing about the costume.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

thechalkoutline posted:

Us longtime players have literally an infinite supply, I have 33k minimum and 44k on the upper end of everything so just hang in there, it always goes up

:stare:

H-how is that even possible? :stare:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Once you stop needing them you just collect them. I"m not there yet but like once you master everyone, or just everyone you want to, then you're just collection stones and never using them.

That's the deal with the mutant resources. I just rack them up until they cap out and then I sell a bunch or convert them to something else in the lab. But stones don't cap out so people probably just collect them mindlessly.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So, the Mega 6-Star. I can use them on paywall people.

So I've got Agent Venom up to 4 stars and I've been working on him lately. I've also got Magik at 4 stars.

I've got Enchantress, Misty Knight and Jane Thor at 3, Valkyrie at 2, Hyperion and Quasar and Medusa, Hellcat, Shang-Chi at 1.

I could also wait until tomorrow to unlock Carnage or Ironheart or Kid Kaiju and then do it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

100% use it on a paywall exclusive characters. Jane Foster, Misty Knight, Hellcat, Shang Chi, and Medusa aren't. You can use selectors on them.

The traditional pecking order was Agent Venon > Enchantress > Carnage > Hyperion > Ironheart > Kaiju. I don't know where Magik, Quasar, and Valkyrie fit in though. I'd say AV > Enchantress at T2 but Enchantress > AV at T1. You'd also get more bang for you buck with her since you haven't fed her as many pay bios as Venom.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

And as far as unlocking Nova, I have to do it in the Lab and hope I get lucky? I've heard good things about him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. You can use tickets on him too. But just lab or pay bios (don't use pay).

Using the Mega Ticket on him probably wouldn't be a terrible move. Like, it won't save you literal money but he, Blue Marvel, and Anti Man are arguably harder to work up if you have them all the way down at 1*. And they're all arguably stronger than Agent Venom and Enchantress, at least at T1.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

Using the Mega Ticket on him probably wouldn't be a terrible move. Like, it won't save you literal money but he, Blue Marvel, and Anti Man are arguably harder to work up if you have them all the way down at 1*. And they're all arguably stronger than Agent Venom and Enchantress, at least at T1.

I just used my megarank 6 upgrade on Anti-man, then used a 2-3-4-5-6 series on Nova, and have zero regrets.

Of course I also have zero Norn Stones of Omnipotence left from getting enough of their bios, so I can't master them yet.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Wait I gotta use that processor for Antiman?

Fuuuuuuuuck

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Yes and it sucks. I have been very unlucky with the upgrades, Anti and Nova are 20/19/19/20 each now and every single upgrade has taken like the max possible.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
What rank does he come out when you get him? Like do I need to also process 300+ bios to max him?

Oh noooo

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

verbal enema posted:

What rank does he come out when you get him? Like do I need to also process 300+ bios to max him?

Oh noooo

One bio at a time from the processor, and it shares the pool with all the other universal characters. So some good times

edit: I am sorry I forgot to mention that you can hit a 'Jackpot' and get TWO! bios, all seems so simple now

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Benthalus posted:

I just used my megarank 6 upgrade on Anti-man, then used a 2-3-4-5-6 series on Nova, and have zero regrets.

Of course I also have zero Norn Stones of Omnipotence left from getting enough of their bios, so I can't master them yet.

Yeah, I got them all to 6 with tickets. I've just been doing the lab on and off since then trying to slowly work the gears up. Maybe by the next Avengers movie.

verbal enema posted:

Oh noooo

He comes out at 1* and you have to work him up. The only sane option is to unlock him in the lab, get him to 6 with tickets, and then use the lab to get bios for his gear. One. At. A. Time.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Fried Sushi posted:

One bio at a time from the processor, and it shares the pool with all the other universal characters. So some good times

edit: I am sorry I forgot to mention that you can hit a 'Jackpot' and get TWO! bios, all seems so simple now

fuckkkkkk oh well whatever I will get him sometime I gotta

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The good news is they're all really, really effective at 6* 4/17. Hell, I had AntiMan at 4/5 forever without realizing it and he was kicking rear end for me. So getting them to 4/20 and T2 probably makes them gods but isn't necessary.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

STAC Goat posted:

I figured I'd just use one day of paid bios to unlock him before 6*ing him. I'd rather do Blue Marvel, but I'd have to be able to get past stupid ODIN first and I haven't found any way to do that yet. I used one on Anti-Man a while back and he's been fantastic, so I"m hoping Nova would be worth the brief investment, too.

Maybe now that I've got Full Strange I can get around Odin.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

From a straight forward cost analysis using pay bios on a non-pay character is kind of a waste. The hard rule is "only spend pay bios on pay characters." But realistically one day to unlock Nova isn't bad and I totally spent pay bios on lesser people when I was younger and dumber in the game.

You shouldn't use it on Blue Marvel though because once you do finally get past his stage you'll get a 6* Blue Marvel immediately. Nova's a good choice.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

STAC Goat posted:

The good news is they're all really, really effective at 6* 4/17. Hell, I had AntiMan at 4/5 forever without realizing it and he was kicking rear end for me. So getting them to 4/20 and T2 probably makes them gods but isn't necessary.

What is 4/17 I assume 6* is rank or mastery

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Bio sub for random characters was also a more appealing option before shadowlands started throwing 200+ bios at you every week for most of the characters.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

verbal enema posted:

What is 4/17 I assume 6* is rank or mastery

The gears. There's 4 of them and can work them from 1 to 20. So 4/17 means all four worked up to 17. You need to get them to 4/20 to T2 a character.

Getting them to 4/17 is big because it ups their damage a lot. Up to 4/15 costs Gear Up Kits and Dimension Debris. 16 and up costs bios as well. They start getting more expensive and you get "fails" after 17 so a default philosophy is to try and work everyone up to 4/17 and then pick and choose who you work to 4/20.

6* is the rank, yeah. And Level 60 is kind of assumed there.

So 6*, Level 60, 4/17 is the point where you usually see your character start to really show his or her potential.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

STAC Goat posted:

The gears. There's 4 of them and can work them from 1 to 20. So 4/17 means all four worked up to 17. You need to get them to 4/20 to T2 a character.

Getting them to 4/17 is big because it ups their damage a lot. Up to 4/15 costs Gear Up Kits and Dimension Debris. 16 and up costs bios as well. They start getting more expensive and you get "fails" after 17 so a default philosophy is to try and work everyone up to 4/17 and then pick and choose who you work to 4/20.

6* is the rank, yeah. And Level 60 is kind of assumed there.

So 6*, Level 60, 4/17 is the point where you usually see your character start to really show his or her potential.

Wicked thanks

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

You can't use the bio sub on Antiman, Nova, or Blue Marvel btw.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I said "screw it" and spent about 165 crystals to push past Odin. YAY!

Thanks for the Blue Marvel tip. Let's hope I can clear it, then.

EDIT: Yay, I've got Blue Marvel now! And only a couple of Crystal restarts necessary!

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 4, 2018

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

I’m in the same spot wrt Anti-Man and Nova, but I second the other posters to say that they are INSANELY good at T1, like solo high levels of SL at T1. I think I used AM in like a level 23 Universal Villain level and he tore through it.

Magik appears to have similar potential. I keep saving her for later and later levels and she makes them all look easy.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Cool, I got a 3* Quasar out of the random daily hero box. I also have a 4* Killmonger than I had already put some tickets into, although he won't get built up for ages as I am putting the bio sub into Agent Venom at the moment. Which of those 2 is better for the 6* selector we got?

In costume chat, the Thor one looks really good and is probably at least as good as the Ragnarok costume, it's just, as people have said, most either already have his Ragnarok costume at Mythic or are on the way there. If you have neither and you have no use for the comic card then the new costume is probably a good buy over his starting costume.

The Proxima one also looks good, it is just massively overshadowed by Corvus' new costume, which is super good. Only the whales have enough to get both.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Dravs posted:

Cool, I got a 3* Quasar out of the random daily hero box. I also have a 4* Killmonger than I had already put some tickets into, although he won't get built up for ages as I am putting the bio sub into Agent Venom at the moment. Which of those 2 is better for the 6* selector we got?

In costume chat, the Thor one looks really good and is probably at least as good as the Ragnarok costume, it's just, as people have said, most either already have his Ragnarok costume at Mythic or are on the way there. If you have neither and you have no use for the comic card then the new costume is probably a good buy over his starting costume.

The Proxima one also looks good, it is just massively overshadowed by Corvus' new costume, which is super good. Only the whales have enough to get both.

I really like Quasar, but Agent Vernon is absolutely the better pick of the two imo.

Edit: Though you can only pick non-biosub characters with selectors iirc.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Yeah, I meant the 6* mega rank up we got, not a selector.

Also the choice is between Quasar and Killmonger.

Agent Venom is almost at 6* through the bio sub, will just take a while to get enough bios to 4/20 him.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So they posted full artwork of 4.0 here.

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=75&id=1132167

Looking at this it means we are getting new costumes for Ebon Maw, Black Dwarf, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Rocket, Star Lord, and either Hulkbuster or Hulk.

So if like me you have a Tier 2 selector that you haven't used, I'd recommend using it on one of those characters.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They released the full infinity wars artwork and it includes Starlord, hulk buster, rocket, scarlet, and war machine in new costumes.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Also if (like me) you bought a Stark Stash (the crappy seven day box that promised rank up tickets but only ever gave out Energy and Clear Tickets.) they hosed up the numbers of the drops.

So you will be getting a free six star rank up ticket. Yay, I can use it on Colossus maybe in case he gets a Deadpool 2 costume.

And everyone gets 100 free bios. Double yay.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Dravs posted:

Yeah, I meant the 6* mega rank up we got, not a selector.

Also the choice is between Quasar and Killmonger.

Agent Venom is almost at 6* through the bio sub, will just take a while to get enough bios to 4/20 him.

Quasar is great at T2, easily solos most 1-20 SL levels. She does okay damage (compared to the overpowered rest of the ultimates releases) but can keep up immunity to all damage with good cooldown on her 3. At t1 she does less damage but is still decent.

My killmonger is only 4* but I think if you get him and max his costume you get something from the extreme legendary battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I KNEW THAT TONY STARK STASH WAS BS AND THEY ALL LAUGHED