Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Has anyone eaten food from 7-Eleven? Should I do it?

ive eaten a lot of food from japanese 7-11s and it was cheap and quite tasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I do it on occasion and it’s never a good idea

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

In Training posted:

I have one down the street from me and all their food tastes like salt and misery

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bit the bullet last night and decided to beat Yak0.

I'd beaten the real estate royale and had 8 billion yen and the Legend fighting style unlocked, so for the final battle I just poured millions of yen into all the "more damage, more health, more heat" skills and it felt suitably epic.

I then had to put the PS4 in rest mode before seeing the end because Jesus it's like 2 hours of cutscenes!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

I have one down the street from me and all their food tastes like salt and misery

i usually just get a banana if i need something quick from 7-11

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

codenameFANGIO posted:

I do it on occasion and it’s never a good idea

Thanks, I took a look at the food there and I ended up just getting a pack of jerky and some Ruffles.

In Training posted:

If they are anything like Hong Kong 7-Elevens I would consider them an entirely different thing

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

what country are you in

japanese 7-11: cool and good, i recommend the curry udon. or get, like, their spaghetti, and a corn dog, because their meat sauce tastes kind of like a sweet chili :eng99:

or the bag chocolate where each piece is individually wrapped...

american 7-11: lol i hope you don't get food poisoning

that said, if you're in japan, and you're eating at 7-11, and you don't live in the country, only do it once for novelty

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 4, 2018

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
gently caress you I'll chomp down those taquitos at 7 elven and I will like it. :colbert:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The montery jack taquitos are okay.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i think i know where a 7-11 is but i'm not sure. if i'm right it would be the only one i've ever seen

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's OK, I didn't want to ruin my appetite for my bag of Overwatch League Sour Patch Kids anyway

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Bit the bullet last night and decided to beat Yak0.

I'd beaten the real estate royale and had 8 billion yen and the Legend fighting style unlocked, so for the final battle I just poured millions of yen into all the "more damage, more health, more heat" skills and it felt suitably epic.

I then had to put the PS4 in rest mode before seeing the end because Jesus it's like 2 hours of cutscenes!

And oh yeah... 82 hours... 52% completion :sweatdrop:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i beat spider-man 2

it's actually like. still legit a really fun game. it's a complete mess that's constantly just about to break but then just barely works enough to be really fun

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Wawa is the best gas station food place.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Playing Titanfall 2 just makes me want to play Battletech. I’m a gently caress

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/992192277685592064?s=19

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Has any company given a good explanation for why you can’t turn the controller lights off?

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Wawa rulez ok

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Everything about Sonic Mania continues to be the best Sonic has ever been
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYEmRHFolvM

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

al-azad posted:

Has any company given a good explanation for why you can’t turn the controller lights off?

Wawa rulez ok

Electronics makers never ask themselves whether people will use their device in bedrooms for some reason

I've owned heated blankets with bright glowing lights for gently caress's sake

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

Everything about Sonic Mania continues to be the best Sonic has ever been
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYEmRHFolvM

That's a low bar if we're being honest.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Sonic, when it's good, is pretty drat good actually.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

al-azad posted:

they are COOL and they PAID TO PUT THEM THERE so you had better ENJOY THEM

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

al-azad posted:

ps4 controller doesn't have any other leds on it to tell you if the controller is turned on or which player its assigned to so you kinda need it unfortunately. if the ps5 controller continues to have a big glowing light on it, I hope they at least also bring back the player leds from the ds3

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you click to edit colors in ds4windows and pick this one in the bottom left corner that'll turn the controller light off

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I got my dream job today. My state's Topographic and Geologic Survey offered me a job in their GIS and Geologic services program. So I'm going to be managing geologic data and making maps and figures for their publications.
:)
:aaaaa:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

i watched the speed racer movie for the first time and it's insanely good. i can't believe how much it whips

It is such a good movie and it is hard to believe that there are people out there who don't like it. Like, goddamn, what a good film.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Wildtortilla posted:

I got my dream job today. My state's Topographic and Geologic Survey offered me a job in their GIS and Geologic services program. So I'm going to be managing geologic data and making maps and figures for their publications.

Grats, try not to let arcgis erode your sanity too much

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

Make sure you don't draw dicks on the maps. Or at least be very subtle about it.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

homeless snail posted:

ps4 controller doesn't have any other leds on it to tell you if the controller is turned on or which player its assigned to so you kinda need it unfortunately. if the ps5 controller continues to have a big glowing light on it, I hope they at least also bring back the player leds from the ds3

But not offering the option to turn it off in the 99% of the time you’re not playing multiplayer or currently using it just feels arrogant.

E: *presses share button > controller light > turn this poo poo off*

Hire me Sony!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

Make sure you don't draw dicks on the maps. Or at least be very subtle about it.
do you know how hard it is to georeference a penis

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I go to Wawa when I'm on the east coast and it's good. It also helps that I'm usually visiting my parents and out there the restaurant choices are not as diverse as when I'm at home

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Wildtortilla posted:

gneiss

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Have you turned the brightness down, at least?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I just put in a bid for a gis project that I'm pretty sure I would get murdered if I told anyone about it, it's sick lmao

al-azad
May 28, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Have you turned the brightness down, at least?

Oh it doesn’t bother me I just like to complain about issues that could be fixed with minimal effort.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Grats, try not to let arcgis erode your sanity too much

I've been losing my sanity to Arc for the past 6 years. :D

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
drat. spider-man 2 was already kinda shaky so i guess i shouldn't be surprised that hulk: ultimate destruction runs badly

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

NEW ISAAC OPINIONS:

New enemies are bad, I hate them
New Boss is maybe the worst thing ever
Stop giving these enemies so much loving HP!!!!

all of that can be forgiven, however, because the new character is a loving blast to play.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Grapplejack posted:

Stop giving these enemies so much loving HP!!!!

put this on my tombstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

put this on my tombstone

The only thing worse is no hit stun or flinching on bosses in action games.

• Locked thread