Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

VulgarandStupid posted:

Goons are bad but somehow managed to kill shroud and Chad last night by playing like complete idiots. Three phase proned in the middle of the road and sniped at Chad with a 4x silenced UMP and Chaco was unable to find and kill him until it was too late. I think frenzy killed Shroud by sniping with an AK.

Douglas Adams invented a word for that.

quote:

ABOYNE (vb.)
To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Douglas Adams invented a word for that.

Didn't some kid do exactly this in a WH40K tournament? Something like he placed all his men purposefully so his opponent couldn't attack, and thus has to forfeit?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
That’s a completely different thing, he exploited a rule about where stuff can spawn against a guy whose army all spawned in later

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Since the new grips will be on live soon and I had no time to give it a try on test, what's the consensus on the grip situation?

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

Le0 posted:

Since the new grips will be on live soon and I had no time to give it a try on test, what's the consensus on the grip situation?

half or angled for spray. thumb good for tapping up to 8 shots.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Zipperelli. posted:

Didn't some kid do exactly this in a WH40K tournament? Something like he placed all his men purposefully so his opponent couldn't attack, and thus has to forfeit?

the adams thing requires really random and bad tactics at the game you’re playing so your opponent doesn’t know where to look or what to expect, like a poker player unaware of card/hand values randomly playing hands. They might clean up because better players can’t read whether they’re bluffing or not (due to the players themselves not even knowing this)
or a pubg player proning anywhere let alone in the middle of a road. the pro streamers eyes just gloss over that while checking ‘sane’ hiding spots

the warhammer story is p funny but actually the reverse, it’s a goofy play/tactic getting owned hard and premeditated. I don’t play WH40k but what I understand is one dude always skipped initial unit placing, starting with an empty board so he could efficiently place units at enemy weak spots later or something. This worked until an opponent who knew of this habit placed a whole lot of weak basic units all over the map, seemingly randomly but actually at intervals exactly prohibiting placement of units by the other player anywhere due to vicinity rules. So the weird strat guy has no units, can’t place any and has to forfeit on his first turn/think of a new strat

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

That is incredible

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Le0 posted:

I don't think there really is a consensus yet. I personally don't like any of the new grips for use on AR's (I still need to test more on DMR's). Most of the time I use my AR for anything outside (inside I might have a shotty), which means I need it to be alright at both tapping and spraying. If I have a SR I still like to have the options of tapping running targets and such.

Light grip has horrible spray (worse than without a grip) so that is out right off the bat.
While the Half grip can be sprayed it has a disproportionately large jump between the 1st and 2nd shot which throws you off when you start your spray. The jump also makes it terrible for tapping (worse than without a grip).
While I do need a little more time with the Thumb grip, right now it feels close to a vertical grip and I prefer the angled but would probably pick it up in a pinch (which can not be said for the light and half which I would leave on the ground).

However, as stated this is only my perspective and only for AR's used for both long and short range.

edit: Seems as though Bluehole is still messing around with the grips so who knows if anything has changed when it goes live. I'm gonna try them all again at least.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 10:10 on May 3, 2018

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Le0 posted:

I think they haven't announced a go-live date yet. I'd guess they'll make adjustments on the test servers for one more round of testing before they take it live, so I think you still have time to test them.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I think they haven't announced a go-live date yet. I'd guess they'll make adjustments on the test servers for one more round of testing before they take it live, so I think you still have time to test them.

lol naw patch got pushed over last night

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

they don't announce go-live dates because the deployment team is way faster than the guys keeping up the announcements page on their twitter/the launcher. If I see shroud playing a test build on Monday chances are nearly 100% I'm going to be playing the same on live servers next weekend

It's kind of refreshing compared to games where the period between announcing and implementing changes in live servers is weeks, not days

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Ashrik posted:

That is incredible

39 minutes “4x UMP god”

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Three-Phase posted:

39 minutes “4x UMP god”

I know you recorded that on your side. Post it and we can see the UMP god in action.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Sorry man, I have no recording of that. I checked the “rewind” thing in Windows 10 and it was turned off.

I could maybe do a really bitchin’ re-enactment with like hand puppets or something. Or just some really really crude motion tweens in Apple Motion.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Doesn't PUBG have that replay thing?

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

odiv posted:

Doesn't PUBG have that replay thing?

yes but it's somewhat to wildly off from what you see from the player perspective. Also lacks voice comms and whatnot

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Sometimes you gotta kill a dude then punch his M4 wielding partner to death.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/256744831

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

10gb patch. Is this the one that's been on the test servers recently?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Yes. It's the PC 1.0 Update.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1651009712392248570

Also, new event mode!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1651010346587321344

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Goons to your battle stations!

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
GAME NOW SEEMS TO REMEMBER I AM PLAYING 1PP??? GOTY

:bravo:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The game is almost ready to come out of beta now!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Trabisnikof posted:

The game is almost ready to come out of beta now!

Hopefully it'll get a little more frequent content updates once it reaches open beta.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still live in a world where Duo FPP is disabled in my server, despite the team claiming they'd activate it months ago.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
is it just me or is the sound a bit glitchy this patch?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a lot glitchy for me.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

is it just me or is the sound a bit glitchy this patch?

Yeah, a lot of people were complaining about that on the test server, too. Sound will just randomly cut out completely for about half a second sometimes.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, a lot of people were complaining about that on the test server, too. Sound will just randomly cut out completely for about half a second sometimes.

It still does that. Good thing that the test server lives up to its name.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Regrettable posted:

O God I thought something was going on with my computer!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Event mode is pretty whack. The sunset on Mirimar makes everything a single shade of brown. The holo sight is horrible and you get that half the time, you can't even see the reticle against the brown. The M24 is awful, because everyone has level 3 helmets. The AWP is obviously good and 1 hits a level 3 helmet, and the AUG, Groza and M249 are serviceable if you can get past the holo sight, kill someone with a MK24 and get the 2X instead. The Mk14 with the 2x must be a joke, though. Overall, very unimpressed with this weeks event.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's war mode, you're overthinking it if you don't just deathmatch and have a blast

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

The holo is bugged, page up and make it green so you can see properly.

Also m24 isn’t as bad as I thought it would be

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/PUBG_help/status/992252650044309505

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the whole thing with sniper/ar suppressors being interchangeable means I end up with a lot of extra poo poo now. I like the thumb grip for spraying, not sure about tapping. Light seems like 100% poo poo the one time I used it.

in general I'm not really digging grip madness but maybe I'll warm up to it once I get used to which ones I really like

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I loving love the first day of season.

It's all going downhill from now.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Elentor posted:

I loving love the first day of season.

It's all going downhill from now.

Nice dude :cool:

They changed the MMR at least for NA FPP ladders. We started the season at 1700 instead of 1200 like last season. They must be doing tiered resets now.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah we started at 1700 as well, it was pretty surprising. No more smurfing.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Sweet Christ I am bad at this game. I’m losing almost every 50/50 engagement right now.

Do you guys usually tap fire in Single or Auto mode? I’m finding one issue is that I can’t seem to get enough metal going in the other person’s direction. I feel like I’m tapping as fast as I can when ADS — usually between 50-100m — but it feels like I’m being hit by twice as many rounds as I’m sending.

My current weapon preference is: M4 > SCAR > M16 > AKM if it matters.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Dangerllama posted:

Do you guys usually tap fire in Single or Auto mode? I’m finding one issue is that I can’t seem to get enough metal going in the other person’s direction. I feel like I’m tapping as fast as I can when ADS — usually between 50-100m — but it feels like I’m being hit by twice as many rounds as I’m sending.

My current weapon preference is: M4 > SCAR > M16 > AKM if it matters.

Tapping fast is easier in Single fire mode, but that's assuming that you have time to switch fire modes. If I have the jump on someone at a 100m distance, I'll consider switching and tapping. Depending on distance, my gun and attachments, or if they've seen me, I'll often spray-and-pull instead. Spray control is not that hard to learn if you're always using the same AR.

I'll probably have to revise this policy, judging by the recent nerf to spray patterns. Tapping should be more attractive than before. These are interesting times.

Your weapon preference is pretty mainstream, I do the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpAs8Uk0G4c

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Everyone shits on the AK but it will never fail you