Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I was just thinking today that the day is coming soon when I label a box "X-WING 1E STUFF" and throw all the old pilot tokens, cards, dials, damage decks, and tokens in it. It will live in my closet for years.

This feels weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

canyoneer posted:

I was just thinking today that the day is coming soon when I label a box "X-WING 1E STUFF" and throw all the old pilot tokens, cards, dials, damage decks, and tokens in it. It will live in my closet for years.

This feels weird.

I have an unopened TFA Core and Imperial Veterans sitting on my desk and I don't know if they'll ever be opened now.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

canyoneer posted:

This feels weird.
It'll take up space for years until you are moving or clearing out space and you get nostalgic and try it out again, once, then decide to hang onto it again just in case. Forever.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Alright, so none of that involves making fun of someone for not being able to afford to play the game. You're being disingenuous and no one cares about this argument, so let's just give it up.

It's an eleven page thread, you haven't forgotten it already dude.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Wait a year and you'll probably be able to sell the red defender for the cost price of the original box.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Went 4-2 in day 1B of Worlds, good enough to qualify for day 2. The alt art Fenn Rau and Zealous Recruit cards are First Edition on one side, and Second Edition on the other side.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Arquinsiel posted:

It's an eleven page thread, you haven't forgotten it already dude.

I mean he's right though, none of what you quoted had anything to do with making fun of people for not affording the game, and it's a dumb argument.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I recall making fun of a guy’s melodramatic, overblown screed about not wanting to spend money on a commercial product where the company is going out of their way to make the transition as painless as possible. Also, his inability to math. Don’t recall making fun of him for being poor.

WH40k has gone through three editions since 2012. You probably would have spent more on rulebooks and codices alone than most people need to spend to transition entire multiple fleets to XW2E.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It is a dumb arguement, but we're sort of in limbo until 2.0 drops so why not?

I had abandoned GW by 2012 for Flames of War. 3rd ed dropped late that year and you just turned up to the FLGS with your 2nd ed rulebook, they put a sticker in it, and you got a free copy of the small softback rules to use with the existing army lists. Nothing else changed. 4th ed dropped last year, same deal. Of course 4th ed was poo poo, so :rip:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
I know no one cares about 1.0 anymore, but I have to brag because I made the Quickdraw god-shot at locals tonight:

Used Spec ops training to fire at the range 1 in front and the range 2 behind, killing both, which triggered the range 1 harpoon to go off, taking out my last shield and giving me a bonus shot to the front at range 3 which was barely in arc.

Entire list deleted at PS11, can we get 2.0 now?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Fenn Rau is going to be so good in 2.0 in 1v1 (now that fearless is a legit EPT choice for him) but he can't just engage a swarm or take multiple shots. He'll be like a wolf prowling the flanks.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Holy crap. A Polish distributor leaked some info. I guess I'll spoiler it.
From reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/8gprbx/card_spoilers_from_polish_distributor_rough/

Rough translation: Soontir Fel - if at the beggining of combat phase in your (bulls-eye arc) <...> enemy ship, you may get <...> focus.

Oicunn - <...> attacks using primary weapon <...> range 0.

Emperor Palpatine - When another friendly ship is defending, you may spend your force token as if this friendly ship just spent a force token.

Ruthlessness - known

Lambda title - <...> (coordinate icon), you may <...> in range 0-3 <...> by you <...> if you decide to do so, you may get a target lock on any enemy ship ignoring range restrictions.

Luke Skywalker - at the beggining of combat phase you may spend 1 force token to rotate your secondary firing arc.

Jyn Ers0 - <...> ship in range 0-3 <...> focus token <...> it may <...> get 1 evade token.

Ghost - same text as original

Han Solo - When rolling dice, if you're in range 0-1 from an obstacle, you may reroll all of your dice. It is not treated as a reroll for a purpose of other effects. (he's amazing!)

Ezra - same text as original, but ghost coordinate passive is printed as his second ability

Han's new ability and Luke the gunner card (NOT CREW!) both sound pretty great
Here's the money quote though:

quote:

Addictional info. Each conversion set contains 170 upgrade cards and 100 pilot cards. Also 4 medium bases and a ton of tokens.
Hot dog, that's a lot of content.

Also, do we care about spoiler tags in this thread for upcoming releases?

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
Holy ship, I came back from vacation in Virginia and wHAT THE gently caress HAPPENED WHILE I WAS GONE

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
That Han Solo :woop::woop::woop:

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

Bottom Liner posted:

That Han Solo :woop::woop::woop:

If Dash Rendar’s old crew ability makes the cut I bet they make a great team!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Luke gunner and Han pilot both look amazing.

If that Lambda title is cheapish, it should be really good.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm very in favor of a strong pilot ability that requires keeping a large base ship in the middle of the board to stay near obstacles.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Or at least in a nice tight circle around the obstacle cluster.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Was down at the shop talking 2.0 with the regulars tonight. Two of the guys said they were not getting it and I walked them through the changes. When I told them no TLTs and how regen works now they both pre-ordered.

10 min later I got an email from work saying I was owed a 1k in backpay. Pre-orders paid for and a nice start for my trip from Australia for World's next year.

FFG be praised.

Also watch this it's good

https://g.redditmedia.com/4B95GJvQes3pzFd8iR59ajATigyjJ3aBkHVqwe7qBmg.gif?fm=mp4&mp4-fragmented=false&s=508b1918ae1c5cea47ee4c2592b5feef

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I did a rough count ignoring the T-70, bomber, and Saw but including the new Falcon crew and that's 82 pilots on the Rebel side. If you double the generics, that goes to 104. There's a very real possibility that every pilot is represented, considering that most of the ships have enough kit stuff to run two of each ship. A lot of pilots don't necessarily need to be changed either, beyond Initiative and ship trek related things. Luke, Wedge and Garden are all the same but changed to match the new rules.

Edit: Empire has 108, Scum 100. I forgot there are some new pilots included, though. It'll come down to how many generics are included.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 11:32 on May 4, 2018

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/1/xwing-second-edition-organized-play/

I really like the idea of thematic events, which they sort of half rear end tried in 1.0

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

canyonero posted:

Went 4-2 in day 1B of Worlds, good enough to qualify for day 2. The alt art Fenn Rau and Zealous Recruit cards are First Edition on one side, and Second Edition on the other side.

Keep an eye out for Lee Garrett or Andy Cravens. They're from my local league and ridiculously good at the game.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Have they said how ships like the A-Wing that fly for multiple factions will work? Will there by Resistance A-Wing and Rebel A-Wing as different expansions?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Have to say if nothing else 2.0 has caused some drat good memes to be created

canyonero posted:

Congrats. Is it Ghost/Fenn at dang near every table?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Regen bunkers are the name of the game right now.

Lowhhrick, Sheathipede, Fat regen ship

Such as low, stress Ezra, Miranda.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Raged posted:

Congrats. Is it Ghost/Fenn at dang near every table?

I counted around 20 Ghost/Fenns at 1B (out of ~140 players). I was one of them. My first and fifth games of the day were mirror matches. At the start of the day, the guy to my left was playing Ghost/Fenn too. Guy to my right was playing Ghost/Fenn. Guy next to him was as well. We all just kind of laughed at the state of things.

I got to play against Paul Johnson, the New Zealander that won the Australian National Championship. He was running Miranda, Low, Jess. I managed to kill Low and Jess in a single turn, but I had already lost by that point. Still a fun game and he seemed like a really enjoyable dude. Later I played against Ben Lee, a former UK National Champion, playing Yorr, QD, Inq. This is the 2nd time I've played against Ben at a Worlds, and I've been lucky enough both times to get the win. I also played against Borja Ortuño, the Spanish National Champion. He also brought Ghost Fenn. I won initiative in both of my mirror matches, which was why I won both of them.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

canyonero posted:

I counted around 20 Ghost/Fenns at 1B (out of ~140 players). I was one of them. My first and fifth games of the day were mirror matches. At the start of the day, the guy to my left was playing Ghost/Fenn too. Guy to my right was playing Ghost/Fenn. Guy next to him was as well. We all just kind of laughed at the state of things.

I got to play against Paul Johnson, the New Zealander that won the Australian National Championship. He was running Miranda, Low, Jess. I managed to kill Low and Jess in a single turn, but I had already lost by that point. Still a fun game and he seemed like a really enjoyable dude. Later I played against Ben Lee, a former UK National Champion, playing Yorr, QD, Inq. This is the 2nd time I've played against Ben at a Worlds, and I've been lucky enough both times to get the win. I also played against Borja Ortuño, the Spanish National Champion. He also brought Ghost Fenn. I won initiative in both of my mirror matches, which was why I won both of them.

I have played against Paul, he's a good guy. He ended up 5-1 for the day. You did drat well against some great players.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is everyone ready for some 2.0 homebrew, as officially unofficially supported by FFG?

https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/8gw8xg/seeking_feedback_or_test_help

Edit: Made a pastebin in case he gets merked by an FFG NDA for some reason.

https://pastebin.com/tBZBPY3u

Very first item is better Regen for no penalty.

Mara Jade Skywalker Stealth X X-Wing, Pilot Skill 9 (5, v2) 33 cost, Elite, Torpedo, Modifcation
When attacking, you may spend 1 Force to change all hit and eye results to critical. Gain 1 Force on Attack (before dice are rolled)

Stealth X X-Wing Rule/Reference Card: You may not be targeted by Missile or Torpedo. When Defending, the attacker rolls 2 less attack dice (to a minimum of 1). May not increase hull or shields. May not receive, or give bonuses from/to other ships. If you fire a Torpedo, Missile, or give/receive a bonus, flip this card face down until the End Phase (lose your protection)
Give/Receive Bonus is reffering to things like Jans Ors Pilot Ability, Garven Dreis and so on

I hope this person's tester feedback is ignored.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 4, 2018

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

I am confused about these. Is this like the recommended loadout, or the must take this loadout?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is everyone ready for some 2.0 homebrew, as officially unofficially supported by FFG?

https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/8gw8xg/seeking_feedback_or_test_help

Edit: Made a pastebin in case he gets merked by an FFG NDA for some reason.

https://pastebin.com/tBZBPY3u

Very first item is better Regen for no penalty.

Mara Jade Skywalker Stealth X X-Wing, Pilot Skill 9 (5, v2) 33 cost, Elite, Torpedo, Modifcation
When attacking, you may spend 1 Force to change all hit and eye results to critical. Gain 1 Force on Attack (before dice are rolled)

Stealth X X-Wing Rule/Reference Card: You may not be targeted by Missile or Torpedo. When Defending, the attacker rolls 2 less attack dice (to a minimum of 1). May not increase hull or shields. May not receive, or give bonuses from/to other ships. If you fire a Torpedo, Missile, or give/receive a bonus, flip this card face down until the End Phase (lose your protection)
Give/Receive Bonus is reffering to things like Jans Ors Pilot Ability, Garven Dreis and so on

I hope this person's tester feedback is ignored.

Aw man, I missed posting the first 2.0 homebrew. Now I feel like I have no purpose in this thread.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am confused about these. Is this like the recommended loadout, or the must take this loadout?

It's like a quickstart thing for new players, though they said they might stage tournaments based about using them.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Hang on, Biggs has a native EPT slot now?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Aw man, I missed posting the first 2.0 homebrew. Now I feel like I have no purpose in this thread.

Don't worry, I hate reading Reddit and had this linked to me elsewhere. The thread still needs you!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Homebrew for a game not yet out and that we do not yet know everything about and we have no idea how point costs are going to go. Why to go idiot.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Man, that stealth x-wing is broken too

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hang on, Biggs has a native EPT slot now?

No one has native slots at all. There are only the slots allowed in the app, which can be added or removed at will.

However, it seems like Biggs does, at launch, have an EPT.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
I'm sure that guys uncle works for Nintendo too.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

pbpancho posted:

I'm sure that guys uncle works for Nintendo too.

Does that mean X-Wing 2nd edition will be on Switch?!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

My office does actual May the Fourth festivities. Today I am Poe Dameron in my flight suit, with a BB-8 robot.

I should have set up X-Wing in the break room to play.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

No one has native slots at all. There are only the slots allowed in the app, which can be added or removed at will.

However, it seems like Biggs does, at launch, have an EPT.

He will probably pair well with Selflessness and an R2; take a crit and hit from someone else, Regen those two shields. Annoying, and makes him a prime target without forcing the enemy to shoot him like before.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Owlbear Camus posted:

My office does actual May the Fourth festivities. Today I am Poe Dameron in my flight suit, with a BB-8 robot.

I should have set up X-Wing in the break room to play.

My office (a political party) does that too, and we got an actual internet mad guy emailing us about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

bunnyofdoom posted:

My office (a political party) does that too, and we got an actual internet mad guy emailing us about it.

There's always one.

People are greeting BB8 with the same delight and enthusiasm they would a small puppy. :v: