Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

2Jets posted:

Will front line mode effect MoEs? I need stars on my WZ-132.

Probably not but no-ones sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I recently started playing again after the disappointment that was the NA west sever shutting down and the prospect of playing on Asia.So of cause that means I am playing on Asia :shepicide:

Bumped into this guy twice not, both times in a T67 abusing his team and sending angry messages to me about playing suffering through the churchill 7. Apparently Asia now has a stat pleb scene :thesperg:

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
drat the t67 is good and fun but I can’t imagine playing it 5000 times

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
whos really gonna pay 20 $ for a tetrarch i thought that was a free tank or something

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
hey tank bros

im tankin again after like 2 or 3 years off

I always wanted a Type 59 back in the day but was unwilling to spend the cash and I don't think they sell em anymore now?

Ive got the Chinese T34, if I grind up to the tier 8 chinese medium is it a decent facsimile of the Type 59 or is there a better option? I remember being scared shitless of Type 59s cos they were crazy low and that upside down wok turret seemed to bounce everything :ohdear:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The Type 59 is a mediocre tank now. The T54 Mod 1 is a far better version.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Chinese medium tanks are weak now.

Type 34 is a worse T-34
Type 58 is a worse T-34-85
All the way up the line.
121 is worse than take your pick of 5 tier X RU meds.
And the T-54 mod 1 is a better type 59.

I'm going down the Chinese light line now. I'll probably pick up the wz-120 And hope they buff it before I unlock the gun from the heavy line.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Yeah I quit for 6 months after getting a Type 59 in that "type poo poo fast you see on Twitch" contest. I barely bounce anything anymore and it is way outmatched by the Progetto (an Italian premium that 5,000 people have.)

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

maxe posted:

Ive got the Chinese T34, if I grind up to the tier 8 chinese medium is it a decent facsimile of the Type 59 or is there a better option? I remember being scared shitless of Type 59s cos they were crazy low and that upside down wok turret seemed to bounce everything :ohdear:
Sadly, in addition to simply looking like a malnourished D.I.Y. version of the Type 59, the T-34-2 sorta definitely is just that for overall performance (it also has to see Tier X just to rub it in). With the direction WoT's been going adding all these stupidly-common hi-pen/hi-alpha Doomcannons, things haven't exactly been kind to the Type 59, either (although along with only seeing Tier IX at most, it does still have that near-mythical reputation to back it up and send dumb pubbies into a panic when they see one closing the gap between them).

So unless you're some sort of self-loathing idiot like me and just want to research/play every god damned loving tank in the game while grinding everything at once no matter how lovely and frustrating it is, don't bother with the Chinese stuff for now (and I don't just mean the MT's); the Soviet tree often has objectively better equivalents which are far more flexible with a similar role/playstyle in most branches, the most arguable exception (YMMV) being the Chinese IS-2 over the Soviet IS (although the grind toward that using the notoriously under-gunned Type 58 is a total loving dog of a task).

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Ya the Soviet med line has always been a good line with its only low point so to speak being the T44, and since that got buffed to almost pre tier 9 state, its a very good tank and there is no real stinkers

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Stevefin posted:

I recently started playing again after the disappointment that was the NA west sever shutting down and the prospect of playing on Asia.So of cause that means I am playing on Asia :shepicide:

Bumped into this guy twice not, both times in a T67 abusing his team and sending angry messages to me about playing suffering through the churchill 7. Apparently Asia now has a stat pleb scene :thesperg:

You cropped out the top of the window, we can't see the name of whoever the hell you're talking about.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

God drat the redesigned Province is a HUGE piece of poo poo. For some reason the game has decided that when I'm playing my O-I I'll only get that map and boy howdy it's fun playing a barn tank that gets shot to poo poo the second I move out from behind a building.

Just seriously a huge open swimming pool with a billion sniping spots on both sides.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Der Shovel posted:

God drat the redesigned Province is a HUGE piece of poo poo. For some reason the game has decided that when I'm playing my O-I I'll only get that map and boy howdy it's fun playing a barn tank that gets shot to poo poo the second I move out from behind a building.

Just seriously a huge open swimming pool with a billion sniping spots on both sides.

So in other words, WG gave the camping publords their dream map.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
I like how they added the new roads up to the top bits, stretching along most of the sides, and how going up them gets you proxy spotted by the fuckers camping up above!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So in other words, WG gave the camping publords their dream map.

Yep, it's either 100% campfests or corridors with zero cover. Welcome to World of Tanks, go gently caress yourself. Sincerely yours, Wargaming.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

2Jets posted:

Type 34 is a worse T-34
All the way up the line.
121 is worse than take your pick of 5 tier X RU meds.
And the T-54 mod 1 is a better type 59.

I'm going down the Chinese light line now. I'll probably pick up the wz-120 And hope they buff it before I unlock the gun from the heavy line.

Could have sworn they just buffed the 121...

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

2Jets posted:

All the way up the line.

Prav, please do your thing as an Type 58 apologist.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I would not make the argument that a T-54 1 is a better Type 59. A type 59 only sees up to tier 9's the mod 1 does not. If you are tired of poo poo T8 MM than playing your Type59 is perfect.

The 121 used to be a unique, if underpowered tank, now it is neither unique nor is it strong.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Wow what the gently caress the Tier IV Mussolinimobile gets 70 HE pen with the top gun. Admittedly the top gun is a bit of a trap with that lowered DPM for no real advantage in AP penetration but loving wow that's some loving absurd HE pen, enough even to make a KV-1 nervous.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The Tier 3 gets 45mm of Pen on its HE round. Which in Tier 3-2 MM means you will basically pen 90% of stuff. Its pretty funny.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
I haven’t made it up to the top gun yet but even without it the tier iv seemed pretty good and fun. decent damage and mobility. I have heard that the tier v and vi only get better in that regard. I’m manually grinding all the way up because I don’t have any free xp

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

BadLlama posted:

The Tier 3 gets 45mm of Pen on its HE round. Which in Tier 3-2 MM means you will basically pen 90% of stuff. Its pretty funny.

Thanks for sharing. The tier 3 just got ten times better :eyepoop:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BadLlama posted:

That is more than the Tiger has on the 88mm. :psyduck:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
The tier 7 is great. That armor and view range is fantastic. Not the most mobile, but it is still great to have some bounces once in awhile.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

McGavin posted:

That is more than the Tiger has on the 88mm. :psyduck:

To be fair the 88mm HE is famously terrible.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I just clowned LemmingRush in his T110E5 in my Obj 430 II. I'll bet he was choked.

Edit: Ha! He was streaming it!

Haha, knocked him down 0.5% on his 3rd MOE.

HAHAHA and the next time he played it he fell off a cliff with only 400 damage.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 4, 2018

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Hey you guys. You'll never believe this but WG fixed something. The next on track is going to be the BC 25 t and not the T57 two months in a row.

Now I can take a break from sucking at playing the object 430 and suck at playing the bat 12 t.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Hellsau posted:

To be fair the 88mm HE is famously terrible.

And yet, the pubbies still fire it like it's going out of style.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

I just clowned LemmingRush in his T110E5 in my Obj 430 II. I'll bet he was choked.

why the gently caress was he even there? what a goddamn damage farming dipshit

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

McGavin posted:

lol that owns

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

McGavin posted:

:allears: You're a loving hero!

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

McGavin posted:

Timestamp?

Also gently caress the Italian medium line with nothing but more power creeping bullshit tanks. Like we didn't have enough...

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cartoon posted:

Timestamp?

It's in the link. :nallears:

The round where he falls starts at 1:32:00.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

McGavin posted:

It's in the link. :nallears:

The round where he falls starts at 1:32:00.
Must have glitched for me. It started at 0:00 when I ran it and I didn't look at the url before I clicked it. Sorry.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
xbox tanks is hilarious sometimes

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

primelaw posted:

xbox tanks is hilarious sometimes

Jeez you got a 10 kill Pool's Medal game and only got a B rank? You're gonna need to try harder there Primelaw.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

McGavin posted:

im so glad i have 3 marks on my e5. i like how he cringy laughs after he dies..and yeah he should of been in that bush line not up close on that building, bush line next to it is great for sniping crossers and nothing really lights you unless they are yoloing over the road to get close enough :)

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 13:44 on May 5, 2018

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I guess I'll go up the top of the tree line for the month. Rebought the SU-100, and I remember it being a bunch of fun and being reasonably good in it several years ago, but now that I'm driving it again, I'm having a ton of trouble in it.

Was the 122mm on it the proper choice, or a pubbie trap? The handling is loving awful, and it whiffs shots like there's not tomorrow, but I also don't think I was sporting the 85mm in it for dpm previously. Mostly because they're equal in dpm now.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I used the 122mm on the SU-100 and never had an issue. If it really is a pubbie trap, then I somehow managed to avoid being bamboozled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

390 alpha on an outrageous camo tier 6 is p. useful.