Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Artum posted:

Looking extremely sharp, whats the names of the extended roster?

From left to right: Booker, Randy, D-Von, Ric, Terry, Koko, Bubba Ray, Animal, Sheamus, Stevie

LifeLynx posted:

Nice to see pictures to go with the half hour apology I listened to on the way to work! (I liked the "Are We the Baddies?" bit.)

You're welcome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I think my record is 120 attacks with a pile of hormagaunts? Maybe 90? Somewhere in that neighborhood. It required book keeping and rolling dice in shifts, but the look on the other guys face was worth it when he started losing Terminators. Gonna roll 1s eventually!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
thats some shameful poo poo if you cant roll 120+ d6s at one time

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dice tower so big I had to get permits for it

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

The gw mobile app "assault dice" is pretty nice for a couple bucks. Really fast to do keep k+, reroll all 1s, and those kind of things. I use it past 25 dice or so.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Oh, and for the record, anyone who has a motley mix of different sized, different colored dice with a bunch of mixed symbols is a monster. Anyone whose dice don't all agree on whether to put the symbol on the one or the 6 can die in a fire. I'll tolerate symbol dice, reluctantly, but that's just straight up cheating.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
The anti-Ork stratagem for DW seems way too brutal: the other ones they previewed seem mostly about reducing/negating that particular Xenos army's special advantages (ie specifically targeting Reanimation Protocols, Markerlights, etc) while the Ork one is just "lol gently caress you, you never get to successfully charge". You'd think it would just weaken Mob Rule or 'Ere We Go, but it makes charging after Da Jump virtually impossible and extremely difficult otherwise.

Karl Rove fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 4, 2018

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Felime posted:

Oh, and for the record, anyone who has a motley mix of different sized, different colored dice with a bunch of mixed symbols is a monster. Anyone whose dice don't all agree on whether to put the symbol on the one or the 6 can die in a fire. I'll tolerate symbol dice, reluctantly, but that's just straight up cheating.

it's me

There's some I bought, some I won in the oath thread, some that were handed out at tournaments, quite a few that I've stolen from people. I have hundreds in a separate box in the roof, and even more in about 30 dice cubes I own which I don't really know what to do with.

All the symbols are on 6s thankfully.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
anyone using the phrase die in a fire should take their own advice

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Karl Rove posted:

The anti-Ork stratagem for DW seems way too brutal: the other ones they previewed seem mostly about reducing/negating that particular Xenos army's special advantages (ie specifically targeting Reanimation Protocols, Markerlights, etc) while the Ork one is just "lol gently caress you, you never get to successfully charge". You'd think it would just weaken Mob Rule or 'Ere We Go, but it makes charging after Da Jump virtually impossible and extremely difficult otherwise.

You can’t overwatch out of range, nor if the Orks are out of line of sight. Maybe try being kunnin’ but brutal for a change ya stinkin’ grot. Or use sacrificial storm Boyz or Nobs on bikes. It’s a fluffy and fun stratagem - the Orks going “Zog this” and not running in after all.

Also our special advantage is close combat and weight of numbers in it, so being able to stop a lone unsupported charge is good.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Booyah- posted:

The gw mobile app "assault dice" is pretty nice for a couple bucks. Really fast to do keep k+, reroll all 1s, and those kind of things. I use it past 25 dice or so.

+1 for this app. I use it every game i play stealers or gaunts.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

The Sex Cannon posted:

They're not 40k (they're kinda 40k), but I finished my Hulkamaniacs:
awwwwwww yeah

Come fight me.

Champion She-Racha, Leader Matriarch "The Scorpion" Scoville, Champion Buff Chick, Juve Barbie Q.

Gangers Galapeno, Taco Belle, Jerk, Stanky Spice.

New gangers for recruitment:

Old painted Catachan, now gang recruitment fodder:

And here's the first table, ready for action.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

Felime posted:

I would add to this list “anyone who uses the new Idoneth Deepkin dice” because they really do seem to be evidence that we’re approaching the exciting conclusion of GWs recent attempts to devise the most unusable dice possible. Two symbols! Poor contrast! Non-standard markings on the non-symbol faces. See through for some reason! They’ll be hard to top for “worst dice”, but I’m sure the cackling dice designers will come up with something.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Sex Cannon posted:

They're not 40k (they're kinda 40k), but I finished my Hulkamaniacs:

BuffaloChicken posted:

awwwwwww yeah

Come fight me.

Champion She-Racha, Leader Matriarch "The Scorpion" Scoville, Champion Buff Chick, Juve Barbie Q.

Gangers Galapeno, Taco Belle, Jerk, Stanky Spice.

New gangers for recruitment:

Old painted Catachan, now gang recruitment fodder:

Loving these.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

One_Wing posted:

I would add to this list “anyone who uses the new Idoneth Deepkin dice” because they really do seem to be evidence that we’re approaching the exciting conclusion of GWs recent attempts to devise the most unusable dice possible. Two symbols! Poor contrast! Non-standard markings on the non-symbol faces. See through for some reason! They’ll be hard to top for “worst dice”, but I’m sure the cackling dice designers will come up with something.

How can anything be worse than the Death Guard dice, which are completely unreadable?

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Howling Banshee dice are pretty up there.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Corrode posted:

How can anything be worse than the Death Guard dice, which are completely unreadable?

The Deepkin Dice are at least as bad, in a different way. The Death Guard Dice only barely resemble dice, while the Deepkin dice are like somebody combined all of the worst design features together into one thing.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Just wait til the alpha legion dice which are just two near identical colours of turquoise for the dice and the pips

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I have a heap of D6s from this specific Chessex range: http://www.chessex.com/Dice/Speckled%20pages/25320.htm

Every time I've used them people hate them. I don't like the pattern either. Wait I do like it, but it's unpleasant to read.

Does it seem okay at first glance? Alright now think of potentially less than optimal lighting on a diverse backdrop, because dice.

I'll get new ones at some point but I keep spending that money allocation on more resin minis.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Those, like a lot of Chessex dice sets are a case of ‘just because you can doesn’t mean you should’

Dice literally are designed to display a result. When you have to spend time trying to determine what that is because of poo poo legibility, they’ve failed.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Yeast posted:

Those, like a lot of Chessex dice sets are a case of ‘just because you can doesn’t mean you should’

Dice literally are designed to display a result. When you have to spend time trying to determine what that is because of poo poo legibility, they’ve failed.

Yeah. I specifically bought them to avoid getting my dice mixed up with someone else's mid game as I (correctly) figured nobody else would have them.

Should have just gone directly for dice cups and a rolling tray, or a dice tower, to make it a non issue.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
X-postin'

First squad done:

5 more to go :shepicide:

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

DancingShade posted:

Yeah. I specifically bought them to avoid getting my dice mixed up with someone else's mid game as I (correctly) figured nobody else would have them.

Should have just gone directly for dice cups and a rolling tray, or a dice tower, to make it a non issue.

I think a lot of Chessex stuff is fine for things like role playing, where you roll one or two dice at a time.

40K just makes it a huge hurdle

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

adamantium|wang posted:

X-postin'

First squad done:

They look awesome mate. Keep postin.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

adamantium|wang posted:

X-postin'

First squad done:

Good lookin Cadians these

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

One_Wing posted:

Clear dice where you can only see the number with a black light.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
If you’re using an app when you have the chance to throw a bucket of dice, you disgust me. Rolling 80+ to hit dice in batches, hunting all over the board for unused dice, is an important psychological weapon and half the bloody fun of this game.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I wouldn't trust an app on an opponent's phone.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Milotic posted:

If you’re using an app when you have the chance to throw a bucket of dice, you disgust me. Rolling 80+ to hit dice in batches, hunting all over the board for unused dice, is an important psychological weapon and half the bloody fun of this game.

I bought one of these earlier this year https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rwgdesign/d20-wooden-dice-carrying-cases-perfect-for-dandd-o?ref=user_menu

So at some point I'm going to rock up to a game with all my dice stored in a giant wooden D20 made of hardwood. That's got to do something on the mind game front.

How was the final product once I got it?
:discourse:

Would buy again from that dude.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

BuffaloChicken posted:

This is rad, who made it? I've been thinking about doing some Promethium forge stuff because it's all pretty cheap and looks good, especially the ones you use aluminum cans to make.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the Death Guard dice seem like they would be horrifically unbalanced

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

Don't think I posted this in the thread yet, WIP on the first of 5, 6, 7 8 Freeblades I'm grinding out.

Alpha Legion infiltrators are getting pretty brazen, huh?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
All this talk of dice has me thinking about all the Orks I inherited a while back. I've got 78 Choppa and slugga boyz, 10 shoota boyz, 10 burna boyz and a couple big gunz.

With a couple nobs and a warboss the total is about 850 points.

My question is, does anyone have any recommendations on how to get up to say, 1250? Is there anything my force is sorely lacking? This would be sort of a side project so I could mix it up a bit from my Marine force

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TheBigAristotle posted:

All this talk of dice has me thinking about all the Orks I inherited recently. I've got 78 Choppa and slugga boyz, 10 shoota boyz, 10 burna boyz and a couple big gunz.

With a couple nobs and a warboss the total is about 850 points.

My question is, does anyone have any recommendations on how to get up to say, 1250? Is there anything my force is sorely lacking? This would be sort of a side project so I could mix it up a bit from my Marine force

Kinda sounds like you need transports or literally anything other than an orc on foot, honestly.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

the Death Guard dice seem like they would be horrifically unbalanced

They are. The one guy I know who uses them runs an absurd number of 5s.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Lungboy posted:

I wouldn't trust an app on an opponent's phone.

It's a lot easier to weight a die than to *~hack~* an app.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Trukks are open topped so you could stuff 10 burna boys into one of them for drive by roasting, a wyrdboy to get those foot sloggers into combat, I use one of the AoS shamans for the model. That should take you to about 1k. Last 250 could be on another trukk or even a battlewagon and some kitted out nobz to get your warlord around?

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Ork Codex is probably next month so probably worth holding off on any big ticket purchases just in case it becomes terrible.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah they're just taking up a shelf on my hobby cart, no rush.

Thanks for the posts, I'll keep vehicles in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Milotic posted:

Ork Codex is probably next month so probably worth holding off on any big ticket purchases just in case it becomes terrible.

Next month is Knights and hopefully Kill Team. But Orks, Wolves and Genecult shoild be announced reasonably soon.