Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

im sorry about my dad, he is such a nice dude and dont deserve such a gently caress up like me

that's no way to refer to a shitposter in good standing in this wrestleforum :colbert:

srsly, kicking yourself like this does absolutely no good to anyone (I say this from hard earned experience)

sorry your situation's gotten so lovely, tho, and maybe things will improve once you have your own place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess so but yeah alcohol is definitely a problem.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DoctorGonzo posted:

I guess so but yeah alcohol is definitely a problem.

yo if I lived alone currently and was in your area id offer a room, sorry dude. Do you have any leads on hotels or apartments or w/e

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thank you, i currently pay a place in another region. A good house where i lived with my brother, he currently lives there.

This loving city, i hate it. There is nothing else to do than drink. Im just tired of making my folks sad. I have a good job, im not an idiot. Its just the loving bottle.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DoctorGonzo posted:

Thank you, i currently pay a place in another region. A good house where i lived with my brother, he currently lives there.

This loving city, i hate it. There is nothing else to do than drink. Im just tired of making my folks sad. I have a good job, im not an idiot. Its just the loving bottle.

I'm not gonna try and be an interventionist but my dad had the same issue. It took a DWI for him to give it up so I think you can at least say that legally you're okay.

Have you thought about maybe a rehab facility? I'm pretty sure insurance should cover it if you have it

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont have insurance, hell i dont even have a contract. Im a independent worker and if i wanted insurance my salary would reduce like 27% because the goverment tax 10% my pay and i have to pay healt, insurance company and all that crap.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Recognizing there is a problem is a good thing though. Have you considered AA or some other kind of program? Even if only for a support network of people who understand the issues you're having to deal with.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

As a recovering alcoholic, I HIGHLY recommend doing a group thing like AA. A lot of people just don't understand what its like, even if they've read the literature and gotten the degree. Being in a room full of people that get it, that understand it sucks, its a comfort and helped me my poo poo somewhat more together. I've been sober for a few years now and its largely because I got up in that room and talked about it.

poo poo's free, which is a thing I love. Helluva a lot better than the court ordered classes too($750+court fees), which only exist to remind you that policing is a socially acceptable racket.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im deflecting the issue because i think that i can control my drinking habits but i cant.

Also a coworker is accusing another one of sexual assault and i, as the boss, have to deal with the issue.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My dad went missing when I was a kid because he blacked out somewhere and didn't know how to get home. He was eventually picked up by police but he was so out of it they put him in a mental institute. After that he started doing AA and never touched another drop. Go do AA right away, don't put it off. It will help you.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have went to AA. The problem is that in my hosed up brain i think that im not like those losers, i have a job, friends, family, whatever so if i just could handle my drinking i will be OK. The problem is that i cant and im hurting myself and most of all my parents.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 4, 2018

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DoctorGonzo posted:

I have went to AA. The problem is that in my hosed up brain i think that im not like those losers, i have a job, friends, family, whatever so if i just could handle my drinking i will be OK. The problem is that i cant and im hurting myself and most of all my parents.

Former drunk and now sober guy here:

I can’t tell ya to go to AA because I didn’t. But I can tell you that quitting drinking is worth it. It’ll suck in the beginning. You’ll get bored. Your friends may not get it. But after you get over the physical dependence, it does get better. It’s still gonna be work, but it’s worth it.

And hey, any liver damage will most likely reverse!

You have nothing to lose and a ton to gain. Good luck.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah drinking hast give me anything positive in my life.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DoctorGonzo posted:

Yeah drinking hast give me anything positive in my life.

You really need to go to AA. I know you might think you're not on their level but I've heard horror stories of guys who only make the choice to go to AA after a nightmare scenario. You're in a bad situation now, but you're not in legal trouble nor have you hurt anyone, cut this off at the pass.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i stopped drinking every day about a year ago. when handles of crappy vodka only lasted about 2 or 3 days for me i figured it was getting to be a bit much. i mean i didn't just go stone cold sober, i just started smoking instead of drinking, but it's still a lot better for my overall well-being.

i don't know if i would've been good in aa, tbh. its juuuust a bit too crypto-christian for me. so yeah i can't blame anyone for being hesitant about that specifically, but quitting destructive drinking is definitely worth it.

goddamn njpw world hasn't uploaded dontaku night 2 and its not like i can go in the njpw thread and see whats up

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The worst thing about being an acoholic is that you push away people who really cares about you and replace them with people who isnt good for you. At this moment in hanging around with people who also drinks a lot, use drugs and all of that. I think thay i really have to be alone atm but i cant say no when they come calling me. Its a really stressfull situation

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

programs are corny but buying into them sure has helped a ton of very smart people. addiction is worse than balding botcha

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

The worst thing about being an acoholic is that you push away people who really cares about you and replace them with people who isnt good for you. At this moment in hanging around with people who also drinks a lot, use drugs and all of that. I think thay i really have to be alone atm but i cant say no when they come calling me. Its a really stressfull situation

If that's the case then some sort of program is a good idea. They can be corny as hell but they give you the tools to say no to lovely people and replace your support structure with good people. Get help dude. Even if you think you can handle your drinking and never hit rock bottom it's still going to gently caress you in the long run. My dad spent his entire life a functional alcoholic and isn't planning on making it to his 65th birthday because of kidney disease from drinking.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thank for the words everyone. Im afraid that im going to die if i dont do something about my Life. Im not in a good place right now and its funny in a sad sort of way because i have all the tools right now yo be Happy, have my own place but im loving It Up because i have a problen with the drinking

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Give your alcoholism several kendo stick shots, one DDT and send its rear end to the undercard, Gonzo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i found out You can't actually die. its made up as a troll.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VJeff posted:

Give your alcoholism several kendo stick shots, one DDT and send its rear end to the undercard, Gonzo.

I mean if Jake and Scott Hall got better i think im still in time to do something with my life before its too late.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
My biggest offense as a drunk was making GBS threads up a PPV thread here.

I still feel bad about it. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh cool, NJPW hasn't uploaded Dontaku yet. Cool. I'll just sit here and avoid Youtube and the NJPW thread and all forms of social media forever, I guess.

DoctorGonzo posted:

I mean if Jake and Scott Hall got better i think im still in time to do something with my life before its too late.

Hey, maybe you should try DDP Yoga.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Yeah this is why I don't drink despite everyone in my life trying to get me to drink a beer or go out to a bar after work to take a shot. I know if I like it that it'll just spiral out of control like everything else I like (see the mobile/facebook gaming addiction I had that made me spend at least 1,000$ over dumb Marvel games).

As for something more positive I've gone done the rabbit hole of watching this Canadian Man show off his cool ant farms that he builds and maintains for a living
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WlhLmh7uiQ
Or if bugs aren't your thing this guy has some pretty neat videos on how Dinosaurs really looked and how toy makers are basically hacks (that and gives you a neat perspective on how our cultural/scientific understanding of dinosaurs have changed over the years)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caUVRB-FXOA

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Are there outpatient programs or lower cost counseling options you could pay out of pocket?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah this is why I don't drink despite everyone in my life trying to get me to drink a beer or go out to a bar after work to take a shot. I know if I like it that it'll just spiral out of control like everything else I like (see the mobile/facebook gaming addiction I had that made me spend at least 1,000$ over dumb Marvel games).

My friend smartened me up to how loving predatory those games are and how they're designed to make like 99% of their money from .01% of the userbase that has the right combination of addictive personality traits to spend an insane amount of money on them.

Scumball as gently caress, but it seems like the law is finally starting to catch up to it, at least in lootbox form.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Are there outpatient programs or lower cost counseling options you could pay out of pocket?

Im going to try A.A. money will be a problem while i relocate but with time i will search psiquiatric counseling

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

VJeff posted:

My friend smartened me up to how loving predatory those games are and how they're designed to make like 99% of their money from .01% of the userbase that has the right combination of addictive personality traits to spend an insane amount of money on them.

Scumball as gently caress, but it seems like the law is finally starting to catch up to it, at least in lootbox form.
Yeah and I should have realized when they shut down Marvel Avenger's Alliance and all that money I spent on it was pointless (it was a good game too)

I'm trying to think what is the best Mr. Show sketch, I think it might be Pre-Taped Call In Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhVbLJvYP8s

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yo Gonzo I know I've given you poo poo and said mean things to you in the past but I sincerely wish you the best and if I can ever help you let me know. Hang in there buddy. :)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah and I should have realized when they shut down Marvel Avenger's Alliance and all that money I spent on it was pointless (it was a good game too)

I'm trying to think what is the best Mr. Show sketch, I think it might be Pre-Taped Call In Show

I'll give you this one, but I would like to recommend Lie Detector.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYvHpVwIqYY

Or Blow up the Moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csj7vMKy4EI

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-ZNX1jqbOk

the audition is such a good one

e oh hell dontaku is up its just not on the main page

https://njpwworld.com/c/s_series_00482

okay im gonna go out and get food and watch this drat thing

double e: nvm its still cocked up. okay well i dunno how meltzer is watching it.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 4, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Good news, they've started uploaded Dontaku matches to World! And they started with the match everybody wants to see!

:suicide:

Anyway if you guys are gonna post Mr. Show, I'm gonna post Whitest Kids U Know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvjgIxuVdo4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct2AWh-nKSk

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQAFv1sI6TU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my favorite mr show has always been https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYvHpVwIqYY

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Sorry to hear about your troubles, DoctorGonzo. I think you know I'm a recovering alcoholic and I'm always here to talk, so reach out to me if you like either by PMs or FB or Steam. I don't want anything bad (worse) to happen to you. It's good that you realize it now, when you're starting to face consequences for drinking, rather than waiting until you lose everything (family, friends, job, will to live, ability to have functioning nerve endings, etc.). Getting kicked out by your dad may be a blessing in disguise :)

Grats on the sobriety, Fart Blood.

FOOCHS! GET DOWN AND DIRTY WITH THAT GIRL (or guy, I dont think I've ever asked)! Get mad nasty! Or just have a great time on your date :shobon:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

VJeff posted:

Good news, they've started uploaded Dontaku matches to World! And they started with the match everybody wants to see!

:suicide:

Anyway if you guys are gonna post Mr. Show, I'm gonna post Whitest Kids U Know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvjgIxuVdo4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct2AWh-nKSk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2avYmpZ35s

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm a straight fella, dromal. Most of the women who like me tend to be bi though. :iiam:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It's all good baby. It's the void for us all, so find someone to get warm with at night. Best we can hope for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm a straight fella, dromal. Most of the women who like me tend to be bi though. :iiam:

Because we bi women have excellent taste, duh