Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Bored As gently caress posted:

End the revolving door at the FTC/FCC/SEC (and up pay at the regulatory agencies to attract and keep bright folks) to the big banks, encourage the FBI to crack down on financial crimes.

End the carried interest loophole, up the estate tax to 70%, increase the maximum amount of money taxable towards Social Security to $20 million.

Eat the rich.

So "Full Communism Now" but with more words. :hf:

Edit: Brain parasites 4 lyfe.

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 13:02 on May 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

increase the maximum amount of money taxable towards Social Security to $20 million.

Eat the rich.

This wouldn't do anything because social security is a flat tax on wages earned by W2 employees. Anyone making that much money is making it from investments or business profits.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

psydude posted:

This wouldn't do anything because social security is a flat tax on wages earned by W2 employees. Anyone making that much money is making it from investments or business profits.

Tax all dividends/capital gains as regular income. That solves basically all problems.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Tax all dividends/capital gains as regular income. That solves basically all problems.

Just get rid of SS at that point and provide a fixed amount that pays relative to the cost of living for a location and doesn't count against other sources of retirement income.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Don Blankenship seems like a retarded hill billy. I'd vote for Kenny tho

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/sfpathe/status/992384507864076288

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Ah yes, the negro race. No racism in that statement.

Would someone tell Grandpa to go wait in the car?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

Ah yes, the negro race. No racism in that statement.

Would someone tell Grandpa to go wait in the car?

Um, actually in his ad he said "chinamen" and that's not racist because it's not Asian.

Checkmate, lib.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

You all are acting like the average West Virginian will care. Outside of Morgantown (which is really just a place where people go to receive a four year degree in drinking heavily), WV doesn't have a dense, highly educated urban core to offset the rural people who have probably never actually known a black person.

Unlike places like Missouri or Tennessee where legitimate rape or overt racism can sink a campaign, West Virginia is both incredibly homogeneous and incredibly insular. They don't like outsiders, and they don't care about problems of other parts of the country.

That's not to say that West Virginians are Alabama racist, it's just that they won't see the problem with that statement/care about it because they literally have no idea about the hardships that black Americans have faced.

psydude fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 4, 2018

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Everyone I’m friends with in/from West Virginia thinks the entire state is a cancer and they are actively trying to move or they moved a long time ago.

That’s about all I know about WV.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Nature's stretch marks

https://twitter.com/NickKPIX/status/992256862379696128

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/992398904271495174/photo/1

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I love the Roseanne reboot but gently caress Roseanne.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hero we deserve

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
stormy daniels is going to end up running for some political office. 5 years ago that thought would've shocked me. now? it's friday.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

stormy daniels is going to end up running for some political office. 5 years ago that thought would've shocked me. now? it's friday.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Rudy rules.

https://twitter.com/ElizLanders/status/992404234330103808?s=19

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Its Stormy with the chair!

"He'll starting lyi....I mean telling the Truth any day now!"

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I love the Roseanne reboot but gently caress Roseanne.

why in the hell would you watch Roseanne

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

psydude posted:

There are enough people making more than $200,000 to $1 million a year, where upping the maximum taxed amount would help fund SS for a poo poo ton longer than it's gonna last now.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
The current SS tax scheme is a graduated tax in favor of the rich. The more you earn, the lower your SS tax rate!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

There are enough people making more than $200,000 to $1 million a year, where upping the maximum taxed amount would help fund SS for a poo poo ton longer than it's gonna last now.

Back when America was Great the higher income tax brackets were above 90%.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Godholio posted:

Back when America was Great the higher income tax brackets were above 90%.

Wasn't it was trivial to funnel that through a shell corp at the time?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

hobbesmaster posted:

Wasn't it was trivial to funnel that through a shell corp at the time?

Isn't it now?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Cheeto in Chief is really mashing that tweet button this morning.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

The Cheeto in Chief is really mashing that tweet button this morning.

He’s in trouble.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Mount Kilauea is spurtin' hard apparently.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Roseanne the show is 100% legit and I will fight you for reals on this

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

The show is extremely good poo poo. Minus season 9. But the new season 10 is the #1 sitcom on tv right now.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

The show is extremely good poo poo. Minus season 9. But the new season 10 is the #1 sitcom on tv right now.

Not for long.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/roseanne-ratings-low-1202794933/

Old Roseanne was pretty groundbreaking for it's time, but the new one, mehhhhhhh.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
NCIS got a huge boost because the goth chick is quitting

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

marry me sarah chalke

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I don't own a TV (subscription)

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

psydude posted:

Unlike places like Missouri or Tennessee where legitimate rape or overt racism can sink a campaign, West Virginia is both incredibly homogeneous and incredibly insular.

One of the things that stands out when I go back home to Charleston/Huntington is just how many white people there are

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

She’s MAGA dumb and I won’t watch it because of it.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Soulex posted:

She’s MAGA dumb and I won’t watch it because of it.

yeah I don't care if the show is good I'm not gonna support a maga chud. its 2018 there are a lot of shows that are good that don't have people like her in them

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Since this will make the news with minimal context and freak y'all out, here's some background.

Manafort has charges pending against him in both Alexandria, VA and DC. The Federal Judge in VA got a bit mouthy towards Mueller's people today, for some reason.

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/992424177788444674?s=19

Chances are, this is a judicial ploy to get the Mueller people on-record before ruling for Mueller. Apparently this judge has a history of that kind of thing:

https://twitter.com/Delavegalaw/status/992435235668164608?s=19

The judge also wants to see Rosenstein's memo appointing Mueller. That memo is currently the subject of a Rosenstein-House GOP dust-up. The document is currently partially redacted and Rosenstein won't give the unredacted copy to the House because it would immediately leak. The Judge has said that he might publically release the memo, so there might be a conflict there too.

https://twitter.com/BBuchman_CNS/status/992435011495366657?s=19

Fun with Lifetime Appointments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

marry me sarah chalke

• Locked thread