Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me
Obviously, there is a codpiece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

ravenkult posted:

I love that the 5 piece suit guy chimed in to tell how he'd totally gently caress that teenager

no hed gently caress the dress its vintage and therefore legal age

Pooper Hero
Sep 11, 2001
The costumed crapper

jizzy sillage posted:

At this point it's more embarrassing that he refuses to reveal the suit than if he hosed up and it's actually just a normal suit.

He's probably counting the pants and tie or something.

Escape Addict
Jan 25, 2012

YOSPOS
I think this may also count as five piece:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
If its matching top hat and cape then *respect* also if it is a shirt and tie made of the suiting material then also *respect*

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

hakimashou posted:

If its matching top hat and cape then *respect* also if it is a shirt and tie made of the suiting material then also *respect*

:staredog:

What if it’s a tweed shirt?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Pirate Radar posted:

:staredog:

What if it’s a tweed shirt?

I love tweed a lot

:getin:

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 4, 2018

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Tweed is my culture, not your costume.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Pooper Hero posted:

He's probably counting the pants and tie or something.

Pants are a normal part of a suit. 2 piece is pants and jacket, 3 piece is pants, jacket, and vest. 5 piece is probably oh god why are we still talking about this just post the loving suit

Serious edit: I would bet my money that he has a 3 piece suit and thinks the shirt and tie are part of the suit

Escape Addict
Jan 25, 2012

YOSPOS
This is definitely the suit:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Escape Addict posted:

I'm really looking forward to Birdman 2

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Dr.Radical posted:

Pants are a normal part of a suit. 2 piece is pants and jacket, 3 piece is pants, jacket, and vest. 5 piece is probably oh god why are we still talking about this just post the loving suit

Serious edit: I would bet my money that he has a 3 piece suit and thinks the shirt and tie are part of the suit

In some places, they are: https://bonsoirindia.blogspot.com.au/2015/10/five-piece-suit-peerless-bet-for-dapper.html
Jacket, waistcoat, trousers, shirt, tie/cravat.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Escape Addict posted:

Well, now I have a whole new fetish.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
pretty sure that's the white race summon in the next final fantasy

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Grape posted:

Are you attempting a parody of stupid whataboutism, or are you actually this stupid.

context: deceitful penguin used to do let's play commentary with niggurath, and niggurath had to censor his dumb rear end on a number of episodes because DP absolutely loving would not stop abbreviating his name to the obvious racial slur. jive that with this culturally woke card he's currently trying to play.

you shouldn't take his straw men seriously under any circumstances.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

deceitful penguin is from a nation of inbreds, he can't be blamed

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Jeoh posted:

That’s good news for West Virginia too

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jeoh posted:

deceitful penguin is a he?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Escape Addict posted:

And yet the stupid tux is the part that bothers me the most.

I'd be OK with tweed, though.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Escape Addict posted:

Rubberbandits Scotland tour looking weird

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

The Great Autismo! posted:

Yes, lol.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Escape Addict posted:

new ios game legion of angels looking good

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Does it even matter?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

All I remember about him is that he comes from a weird country that I always forget exists. I forgot which one.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
white gloves
white spats
dress shoes
top hat
cane
black tights
giant yellow peanut costume

behold the 7 piece suit

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Laphroaig posted:

white gloves
white spats
dress shoes
top hat
cane
black tights

behold the 7 piece suit

"Sharp Dressed Man" lyrics aren't quite the way I remembered them...

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Laphroaig posted:

white gloves
white spats
dress shoes
top hat
cane
black tights

behold the 7 piece suit

Needs short cape

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Everyone who isn't me is a monster

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Laphroaig posted:

white gloves
white spats
dress shoes
top hat
cane
black tights

The boy's a time bomb!

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Laphroaig posted:

white gloves
white spats
dress shoes
top hat
cane
black tights

behold the 7 piece suit

you forgot the monocle

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
We need to come up with an 8 piece suit for ultimate lucky

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I'm the codpiece, which also doubles as a wallet.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Are there any good Chinese teas for a starter? maybe ones that aren't so bitter as i have enough of that already.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Dizz posted:

Are there any good Chinese teas for a starter? maybe ones that aren't so bitter as i have enough of that already.

Tieguanyin

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me

Dizz posted:

Do you have a preference among the major varieties (Green/White, oolong, black, pu'er)?

And if your tea is really bitter, you might be steeping it too long and extracting too many tannins. The optimal time for most teas is about 3 minutes if you're using full leafs, and even shorter if you're using tea bags or smaller leaf chunks. If you leave the teabag or leaves in the cup while you drink, you're a savage.

After going on a tea rage years ago, I realized I like generic English Breakfast tea the best. gently caress being a connoisseur, Yorkshire Gold 4 lyfe.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

hakimashou posted:

Tieguanyin

I raise you a gao shan oolong cha (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-mountain_tea)

Bonus is that it comes from the right China.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Dizz posted:

Give white tea a try, but learn how to make Chinese tea properly first. Don't just throw it in a teapot with some boiling water.

I'm fortunate enough to live near a Chinese tea shop where I was able to watch and learn from the owner.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

CIGNX posted:

Do you have a preference among the major varieties (Green/White, oolong, black, pu'er)?

And if your tea is really bitter, you might be steeping it too long and extracting too many tannins. The optimal time for most teas is about 3 minutes if you're using full leafs, and even shorter if you're using tea bags or smaller leaf chunks. If you leave the teabag or leaves in the cup while you drink, you're a savage.

After going on a tea rage years ago, I realized I like generic English Breakfast tea the best. gently caress being a connoisseur, Yorkshire Gold 4 lyfe.

I've tried a few unbagged ones. I have a teapot with a filter for the leaves. I also have an electric kettle. I've tried some Thai oolong and I have this sampler pack that has some small Pu'er cakes, gunpowder, and a few others that I haven't tried yet. I've tried several steeping methods and even water before boiling point as I heard that boiling water removes the oxygen from it and also makes it taste slightly worse.

I've tried steeping the recommended times on the teas after rinsing the leaves and it still usually comes out sickeningly bitter. I will try later steeping for maybe half that time,

GotLag posted:

Give white tea a try, but learn how to make Chinese tea properly first. Don't just throw it in a teapot with some boiling water.

I'm fortunate enough to live near a Chinese tea shop where I was able to watch and learn from the owner.

I've watched a few videos but I still gently caress up somehow, I think maybe there's something I'm doing completely wrong.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
chinese tea is garbage trash pisswater for idiot babbies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Hard to recommend a specific Chinese tea when you haven't told us which heavy metals you think are the tastiest

• Locked thread