Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Sakurazuka posted:

I can't really unfriend my brother in law

I unfriended my mom

Believe in yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've decided that the worst SotFS change is needing a fragrant branch to get to the trolls and sex change coffin

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yiiikes
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/992448859061170176

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I've decided that the worst SotFS change is needing a fragrant branch to get to the trolls and sex change coffin

This is 100% correct

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

:wtf: I thought people in the Steam thread were joking. I didn't bother to check that it was actually true.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
destiny 2 + one iconic destiny 2 shader

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Doesn't this make sense for a game like Destiny though? They've already got 96% of anybody who would buy this game for more than $40 by now and they want as large a userbase as possible to buy their upcoming DLC.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I came here just now to post this.Has any game gone to humble that fast?

Comedy option: is it worth 12 bucks?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

exquisite tea posted:

Doesn't this make sense for a game like Destiny though? They've already got 96% of anybody who would buy this game for more than $40 by now and they want as large a userbase as possible to buy their upcoming DLC.

Have there been any expansions released yet? I remember one of the complaints against Destiny 1 was you had to buy the DLC if you wanted to have people to play with because everyone had moved on.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I dunno, that's a pretty crazy low price for Destiny 2, hell, it's the lowest I've seen any Activision game go on sale. Especially since, as I understand it, the game sold gangbusters on PC.

Hell, I didn't even like the beta and I'm tempted to get it, though only if my friends want to play.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

$0 is too high a price for Destiny.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wamdoodle posted:

Have there been any expansions released yet? I remember one of the complaints against Destiny 1 was you had to buy the DLC if you wanted to have people to play with because everyone had moved on.

There was one that came out in the winter that wasn't very well-received and they're releasing another one this month I think?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Never played it but isn't Destiny 2 basically a hollowed out DLC machine?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

$0 is too high a price for Destiny.

Fate is just another trick of the gods, boy.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xfm-IDo4Eg

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's so crazy about Destiny being on the humble thing

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Convex posted:

Never played it but isn't Destiny 2 basically a hollowed out DLC machine?

They took out everything that they actually made fun in the D1 expacs and I'm sure they'll add it back in with the big Fall DLC for you to have the privilege to buy again.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Its a giant selling AAA game that was released within the last year

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I haven't played either Destiny game but from what I understand it's a case where Bungie didn't learn anything from all the complaints people had in the first game and when 2 came they broke new things by trying to fix problems that weren't there and continued with the poo poo that made everyone hate the first game at launch.

Unrelated

Done and done (even though there's a handful of things I could still look for that aren't tied to trophies but meh I got other games to play)

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
bungie should make a new marathon and it should be a battle royal game set on the various space ships from the series

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
That's funny because they just announced that their fall expansion would have a mode that is "new to the FPS genre". It will definitely be some form of BR

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Activision is in panic mode

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Real hurthling! posted:

Activision is in panic mode

Lol nah they made literally a billion dollars in revenue last quarter off of just microtransactions. They wanna get it out cheap before their expansion next week so people buy boxes.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

MMF Freeway posted:

That's funny because they just announced that their fall expansion would have a mode that is "new to the FPS genre". It will definitely be some form of BR

That's probably what they mean but it's still funny because you can play PUBG in first person it's just no one does because it's a way worse way to play it.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

glam rock hamhock posted:

That's probably what they mean but it's still funny because you can play PUBG in first person it's just no one does because it's a way worse way to play it.

weird i have no trouble matchmaking into first person matches in pubg

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MMF Freeway posted:

Lol nah they made literally a billion dollars in revenue last quarter off of just microtransactions. They wanna get it out cheap before their expansion next week so people buy boxes.

Yah they panicking that player counts are at a franchise low right now they need fresh meat in there to exploit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Somebody should make a version of foxdie that only targets activision/blizzard employees

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

glam rock hamhock posted:

I haven't played either Destiny game but from what I understand it's a case where Bungie didn't learn anything from all the complaints people had in the first game and when 2 came they broke new things by trying to fix problems that weren't there and continued with the poo poo that made everyone hate the first game at launch.

Unrelated

Done and done (even though there's a handful of things I could still look for that aren't tied to trophies but meh I got other games to play)

Nice. How long did it take you to find all the lore markers and eyes, which I imagine were the last two trophies. They are for me, anyway, and even though I said I wouldn't I'm so close to getting that Platinum that I might dedicate an hour to it if it's not too tiresome.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I would say no amount of money is acceptable to give to Activision in exchange for Destiny "gently caress the players gitmoney" 2. Don't give them any money, ever.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

LawfulWaffle posted:

Nice. How long did it take you to find all the lore markers and eyes, which I imagine were the last two trophies. They are for me, anyway, and even though I said I wouldn't I'm so close to getting that Platinum that I might dedicate an hour to it if it's not too tiresome.

The Ravens took like an hour with a guide but I had found all but 11 of them on my own.

You don't need to find all the lore markers so I didn't do that but I did have to find the 4 artifacts I missed which took some time

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also, fun fact I didn't notice until the end of the game: all the artifacts you sell Brok are displayed in his shop

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It sure is cool that my computer science course has a final exam that doesn't actually test your ability to use any of the programs we learned but rather give a good powerpoint presentation.

I had a near perfect grade in this class and now I'm going to bomb it because I can't deliver a good presentation without being a stuttering wreck. Great.

corn in the bible posted:

I would say no amount of money is acceptable to give to Activision in exchange for Destiny "gently caress the players gitmoney" 2. Don't give them any money, ever.

That would require people to actually think about their purchases though.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
If you've been doing really well in the class you can bomb the final and still get a C. That's all that matters, don't over think it or get too down on yourself.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

In Training posted:

Somebody should make a version of foxdie that only targets activision/blizzard employees
that's f*ckin twisted mate

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBDdcP6Ofl4

:staredog:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Been playing through the old ps2 GTAs. It's weird...as a kid I think I really enjoyed going back to Vice City more than the other two, but as a grown old man I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe the music? In any case, I think I had some serious ADD with these games because I feel like I'm absolutely flying through the missions. How hard could 100% be?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Record yourself, preferably nude and in front of an audience of gunpla, and intersperse the audio logs through the presentation while you stand there with a laser pointer and nod your head.

Shinjobi posted:

Been playing through the old ps2 GTAs. It's weird...as a kid I think I really enjoyed going back to Vice City more than the other two, but as a grown old man I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe the music? In any case, I think I had some serious ADD with these games because I feel like I'm absolutely flying through the missions. How hard could 100% be?

The PS2 trilogy are tinged with DMA's European hard bullshit. A lot of the extra curricular stuff requires perfect precision and it made the driving school stuff in San Andreas a nightmare. But even in Vice City there's one racing mission where the driver outright cheats and the only way to win is boxing him into a wall and hoping he doesn't turn around.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did anyone play the david cage demo/what is it like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Did anyone play the david cage demo/what is it like

Its like will smiths i, robot but frencher

• Locked thread