Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Stormcast are actually pretty cool now that the latest campaign is giving all the armies some sweet fluff via the short stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Stormcast and Bloodbloodinators are cool, they just needed some half decent writers.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Two Beans posted:

post a completely assembled and painted model

Sorry for not being able to afford the time and money for a full 40k army asap :|

Would you be satisfied with a fully painted Star Saga box of minis?

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Ilor posted:

Um, shut your filthy whore mouth?

Nah, Hallowed Knights are awesome now. Also Strigoi vampires are more interesting in AoS than they ever were in WHFB.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

Sorry for not being able to afford the time and money for a full 40k army asap :|

one (1) model ≠ a full 40k army.

Post one (1) model that you have fully assembled and fully painted to completion.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SteelMentor posted:

Shaded a Leadbelcher spraycoat, drybrushed it back up, careful layers of Liquitex turquoise.

That Liquitex stuff is magic. I love it.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
If you want to post about AoS there's a very nice thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811453
Let's not start another derail about something that isn't even related to 40k.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

SteelMentor posted:

Shaded a Leadbelcher spraycoat, drybrushed it back up, careful layers of Liquitex turquoise.

How much do you thin the liquitex? I have some inks but when I tried them went on way too think.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

You've been bad posting about 40k for months and months. You don't need a full army, just a single finished man.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
GW shuts down HH, absorbs FW game design staff into GW proper, releases a new story of 30K Legions trapped in the warp for 10K years now escaping thanks to Cawl loving around with Blackstone. Boom new books everybody gets to play and we all live happily ever after.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Booyah- posted:

How much do you thin the liquitex? I have some inks but when I tried them went on way too think.

I don't thin it at all.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

GW shuts down HH, absorbs FW game design staff into GW proper, releases a new story of 30K Legions trapped in the warp for 10K years now escaping thanks to Cawl loving around with Blackstone. Boom new books everybody gets to play and we all live happily ever after.

If it means 40K Osiron Contemptors then I’m all in favour.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Booley posted:

You've been bad posting about 40k for months and months. You don't need a full army, just a single finished man.

Why does it matter if I have a finished man if I have pretty clear proof that I'm working on them? I'm not interested in rushing through expensive miniatures just to sate the whims of some dude with a grudge against me.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

Why does it matter if I have a finished man if I have pretty clear proof that I'm working on them? I'm not interested in rushing through expensive miniatures just to sate the whims of some dude with a grudge against me.

It's not one dude that has a grudge against you. You're annoying basically all of the regular posters in the thread from what I can see - myself included- and it doesn't even look like you play the game. You just need to tone it down with the shitposting. It's fine if you want to take your time with your models or whatever, just don't overwhelm the thread with bullshit in the meantime.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Neurolimal posted:

they're not asking for a 40 k model specifically.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The story of Stormcast sucked at first, but the models have always been pretty solid.

If you don't at least like the Lord Relictor, there's something wrong with you.

Edit: Also for 40k content, does anyone use Custodian Wardens? My box just arrived yesterday, and my list has a unit of 4 in it. I was thinking of running 2 spears and 2 axes.

Also, why does the warden box come with the banner? They can't take them, right?

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 4, 2018

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

DiHK posted:

they're not asking for a 40 k model specifically.

I am.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
that's fair. I don't really have a horse in this fight.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zuul the Cat posted:

The story of Stormcast sucked at first, but the models have always been pretty solid.

Edit: Also for 40k content, does anyone use Custodian Wardens? My box just arrived yesterday, and my list has a unit of 4 in it. I was thinking of running 2 spears and 2 axes.

Also, why does the warden box come with the banner? They can't take them, right?

I bought one of those so that I could eventually make an Ancient.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pendent posted:

You just need to tone it down with the shitposting.

What do you consider shitposting? Me tossing out an opinion then joking instead of getting in some silly serious stormcast V breton slapfight?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

What do you consider shitposting?

Literally everything you post, particularly your long defenses of things like boobcrons.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Jesus loving Christ just put him on ignore (and stop quoting him so I don't have to see it regardless). Dealing with shitposting isn't loving rocket science.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

What do you consider shitposting? Me tossing out an opinion then joking instead of getting in some silly serious stormcast V breton slapfight?

Neurolimal stop looking at skeleton tits and tugging at your chafed-rear end dick and post a single painted 40k model that you have made.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I bought one of those so that I could eventually make an Ancient.

I suppose making their objects of reverence sturdy enough to bludgeon people with is a logical next step for marines.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Strobe posted:

Jesus loving Christ just put him on ignore (and stop quoting him so I don't have to see it regardless). Dealing with shitposting isn't loving rocket science.

you post a painted model too

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Post an assembled model. Not even painted. Surely you own at least one?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Post a stacked necron with an rear end that don’t quit.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zuul the Cat posted:

You make the flag dude out of that box, same as shield-captains.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Artum posted:

I suppose making their objects of reverence sturdy enough to bludgeon people with is a logical next step for marines.

It even comes with spikes!

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

I actually went back to look at your post history in this thread for some reason and you have plenty of perfectly reasonable posts. It's just the super inflammatory stuff that derails the thread for days at a time that's getting really old. AoS is still understandably a really hard topic for a lot of old fantasy players and what you view as just joking around is really just reopening old wounds for people. Likewise you've posted some pretty weird poo poo generally related to third party models that has not been taken particularly well.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Zuul the Cat posted:

...if you can get over their freakish body proportions and criminally small heads. And the pauldrons. Oh gods, the pauldrons...

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

Neurolimal posted:

Idgaf what anyone thinks of me, I like arguing

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I already offered to do so, this is a lovely pic since they're on my paint cabinet in a corner, waiting to get natural light bulbs before using my lightbox to do a full miniatures thread post:

I've been doing plenty of painting. 40k models are my first real multipart assemblies (for miniatures), my only other is the reaper crab wolf that was my first paint project. Most received an Inktensity wash that gave them semigloss sheens that make them not friendly to halfassed quick pics; I intend to dullcote them.

So you're mad that I'm not arguing, but also mad that i've argued?

Pendent posted:

I actually went back to look at your post history in this thread for some reason and you have plenty of perfectly reasonable posts. It's just the super inflammatory stuff that derails the thread for days at a time that's getting really old. AoS is still understandably a really hard topic for a lot of old fantasy players and what you view as just joking around is really just reopening old wounds for people. Likewise you've posted some pretty weird poo poo generally related to third party models that has not been taken particularly well.

I totally understand not liking 3rd party models, I just think that some people go way overboard with their mock-revulsion to some of them. Also that Booley keeps pretending I assembled a list of fake Stripperellas instead of just all available SoB models, many that are quite good.

For what its worth, there's some really good WHFB recasters that sell old school stuff, and while I wont link them because they sell things that aren't kosher, it's entirely honest consuming to buy copies of something literally not being sold by the original company anymore.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 4, 2018

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Pendent posted:

AoS is still understandably a really hard topic for a lot of old fantasy players and what you view as just joking around is really just reopening old wounds for people.

I don't really want to get in the middle of this but fuckin LMAO

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I don't really want to get in the middle of this but fuckin LMAO

poo poo man, do you have a better way of saying talking about AoS has got a good chance of making the thread implode?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Neurolimal posted:

I already offered to do so, this is a lovely pic since they're on my paint cabinet in a corner, waiting to get natural light bulbs before using my lightbox to do a full miniatures thread post:

Fair enough.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

So you're mad that I'm not arguing, but also mad that i've argued?.

It looks like you just like starting poo poo in a thread dedicated to discussion about a hobby that you don't even participate in.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
He deserved righteous grief over mamacrons. And "spear means Custodes." And a lot of other garbage.

With respect to Sons of the Pheonix, he came off better than he should have because people insist he's wrong about everything. The connotations of the name is a valid point. The rest was dumb, but he looked better than he should have because he did, in fact, have a single valid point.

But now the thread really has gone off the deep end. He's being attacked as not being a 40k player for not posting enough pictures of painted minis. That's inane. Since when do normal 40k players paint their minis beyond undercoating, at least after their first squad (half of which was mostly painted).

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
This thread always devours itself when GW don’t release new 40K minis. Also what’s with the hobby progress police?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Are the Sigmarines Primarii-sized?