Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I think Fukuyama is the delusion, or part of it. I don't think there really is any such person.

amy was describing a dream she had of being one of the fukuyama robots before poo poo went down

edit: I don't know if that's a point for or against tbh

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

swickles posted:

Avenegers spoilers

I know its coincidence but I would love for the way the bodies ash away in Avenegers 3 and how they ash away in Legion to be somehow connected.

Unlikely. MCU is on a different universe that has inhumans instead of mutants.

So clearly it has something to do with Deadpool :hai:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

flatluigi posted:

amy was describing a dream she had of being one of the fukuyama robots before poo poo went down

Given everything and how poo poo escalated in that sense up until this episode, linearity is for sure not granted in any shape, way or form: knowing what Legion is capable, poo poo, that might be his way of keeping Amy alive somehow

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
for the record y'all I find it weird how many of you keep calling David Legion since it hasn't been used a single time in the actual show and by all accounts he's a markedly different character from the comic book version(s)

just call him David, it's okay

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

flatluigi posted:

for the record y'all I find it weird how many of you keep calling David Legion since it hasn't been used a single time in the actual show and by all accounts he's a markedly different character from the comic book version(s)

No one calls Matt Murdock Daredevil on TV either but he's still Daredevil

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Henchman of Santa posted:

No one calls Matt Murdock Daredevil on TV either but he's still Daredevil

if I'm not mistaken he still does actually go by Daredevil on the show is the difference

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

flatluigi posted:

if I'm not mistaken he still does actually go by Daredevil on the show is the difference

Not in the first season. He's "The Devil of Hell's Kitchen" for a long time.

Point is superhero shows and movies often avoid superhero names but we all know who posters mean so it doesn't matter

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it just reads really strangely to me, that's all

looking back it's apparently just dead comedy forums that keeps doing it and apparently they're the Big Legion Comics Fan so w/e chase your bliss

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

flatluigi posted:

tomato tomahto, what's the problem?

edit: oh I read your post as I was posting lol

sorry, I just use both names interchangeably, I don't mean anything by it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

There is definitely something up with Fukuyama. Amy having a dream about being Vermillion and the Shadow King knowing how to track where she was points to a connection with Fukuyama. Then Ptonomy seeing him when he looked in Lenny's memories seems to be connected to the delusion infecting him. Is Fukuyama the Shadow King's body and the search for it just one giant misdirection in order to weaken David?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

uber_stoat posted:

hard to take any pleasure in it after seeing what made it happen. that being said, there was indeed some side boob up in there.

Yea exactly. I was surprised how naked she was, but despite Aubry Plaza being insanely gorgeous, it could not be pleasurable to see because of how it got there. Clearly they were going for you to think that she was put in Faruk's old body, but nope!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

here's my dumb theory: the monk said they tried everything to destroy Farouk's body, but it was to strong. Future-Syd otoh hand said that David bashed Farouk's skull in. This does not compute. Now, it's possible that they manage to build the weapon, and it makes the body vulnerable for a good brainbashing, or ... future-syd is the delusion, and this is all a big ploy to finally get David sufficiently motivated to uncover the drat body.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

flatluigi posted:

Actually I thought it was Devil Boy

You know, the guy with the ears

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

flatluigi posted:

I think it's a point against fukuyama existing, although not conclusive. One of the Jon Hamm narrations about delusion discussed the famous "Am I a man dreaming I'm a butterfly or am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?" We're definitely supposed to be wondering if Amy was dreaming she was Vermillion/Fukuyama or if she's Fukuyama dreaming he's Amy.

I also think that cow is a strong argument against the world being fundamentally not as it seems. Legion is not a cartoon on Adult Swim meant to be watched after smoking a couple bowls where everything is lol random ninja monkey cheese, someone put the cow there.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

double nine posted:

here's my dumb theory: the monk said they tried everything to destroy Farouk's body, but it was to strong. Future-Syd otoh hand said that David bashed Farouk's skull in. This does not compute. Now, it's possible that they manage to build the weapon, and it makes the body vulnerable for a good brainbashing, or ... future-syd is the delusion, and this is all a big ploy to finally get David sufficiently motivated to uncover the drat body.

oooooooor that Farouk used Amy for a trap to get David's body through the device

without Syd knowing that it's not-David, things go fubar and she tries to use that other device (the orb) to make things right by telling his past self to help the Shadow King, thus causing the feedback loop

*edited for clarification and typos

dead gay comedy forums fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 3, 2018

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

dead comedy forums posted:

oooooooor that Farouk used Amy for a trap to get David's body through the device

without Syd knowing that it's not-David, things go fubar and she tries to use that device to make things right by telling his past self no help the Shadow King, thus causing the feedback loop

Ofurfucksake. You re right that's possible. Eff it I'm done trying to guess. P.s. time loops are the worst

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I keep getting hints of brainbug - nightmare, in the background. I think I maybe going mad.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Collateral posted:

I keep getting hints of brainbug - nightmare, in the background. I think I maybe going mad.

*TEETH CHATTERING INTENSIFIES*

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Serf posted:

boy that was a loving great episode. the sheer malice and dread the show is able to evoke is amazing

"Finding the sculpture in the stone" is the most unsettling thing I've heard uttered on television since Twin Peaks season 3.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Awesome episode but I missed a portion where David's sister was talking to her husband about a dream. Anyone catch what she said?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Awesome episode but I missed a portion where David's sister was talking to her husband about a dream. Anyone catch what she said?

She dreamed she was a Vermilion and said
"And now we are this,
The machine that bleeds,
The organizing principle...s"

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I’m a little lost on what David’s sister was doing out there with all the guards, etc...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Feenix posted:

I’m a little lost on what David’s sister was doing out there with all the guards, etc...

I figured it was like a witness protection plan. Hide her away so the Shadow King can't hostage her.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Man that AMG commercial with John Hamm that came on messed with my head.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grem posted:

Man that AMG commercial with John Hamm that came on messed with my head.

Every time i'm down i watch Jon Hamm's Ray Romano impression.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

swickles posted:

I figured it was like a witness protection plan. Hide her away so the Shadow King can't hostage her.

Perhaps, but it just seemed like, the opposite of blending in...

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Feenix posted:

Perhaps, but it just seemed like, the opposite of blending in...

I mean, it was out in the middle of nowhere near a superfund cleanup site selling donuts out of a mobile submarine. How much more do you want to blend in?

I made the comment to my wife that the windmill effect was unnerving and when it stopped and THEN there was a breeze was awesome.

Who do I have to kill to get some kind of collaboration between Hawley and Lynch?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Flyinglemur posted:

Who do I have to kill to get some kind of collaboration between Hawley and Lynch?

As much as that seems like a good idea, there is such thing as "too much"

I kinda get that Hawley is going for a Lynchian angle in Legion, but this season so far the cards are so close to the chest that the entire argument about being pure style over substance might be falling apart if the series doesn't deliver some elaboration, and I fear that the ratings might be showing that already :ohdear:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Flyinglemur posted:

I mean, it was out in the middle of nowhere near a superfund cleanup site selling donuts out of a mobile submarine. How much more do you want to blend in?

I made the comment to my wife that the windmill effect was unnerving and when it stopped and THEN there was a breeze was awesome.

Weird house with a freaky windmill surrounded by armed guards with no one else around for miles. That’s not how I’d hide. Especially from a super mutant magic psychic. It felt very... standouty. Then again, she was found so I guess it did suck.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Feenix posted:

Weird house with a freaky windmill surrounded by armed guards with no one else around for miles. That’s not how I’d hide. Especially from a super mutant magic psychic. It felt very... standouty. Then again, she was found so I guess it did suck.

If the person you are trying to hide from can literally read minds I don't think it really matters what it looks like.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

dead comedy forums posted:

As much as that seems like a good idea, there is such thing as "too much"

I kinda get that Hawley is going for a Lynchian angle in Legion, but this season so far the cards are so close to the chest that the entire argument about being pure style over substance might be falling apart if the series doesn't deliver some elaboration, and I fear that the ratings might be showing that already :ohdear:

This show is too beautiful for this Earth. And there is never such a thing as Too Much. I say the next season of Fargo gets a visit from a certain Judy and let's go from there :colbert:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
No but seriously I get what you mean and it would probably be very hard to watch and I would watch it 3 times.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Flyinglemur posted:

This show is too beautiful for this Earth. And there is never such a thing as Too Much. I say the next season of Fargo gets a visit from a certain Judy and let's go from there :colbert:

I though Hawley called it day on Fargo?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Collateral posted:

I though Hawley called it day on Fargo?

Yeah, we aren't getting any more Fargo.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

KPC_Mammon posted:

Noah Hawly is too beautiful for this earth

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

Do you have some info that's more up to date than this? Not trying to be a dick, I just really love Fargo and that's the most recent thing I can find on it. It'd be a shame if it was really over for good.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
A several year break in between Fargo seasons is exactly what you want. Let the guy craft a proper story. Don't just poo poo one out every year because you have to.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

bring back old gbs posted:

A several year break in between Fargo seasons is exactly what you want. Let the guy craft a proper story. Don't just poo poo one out every year because you have to.

Oh absolutely, but there's a huge difference between "we're not getting any more Fargo before 2020" and "we're not getting any more Fargo."

night slime
May 14, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDH7Hz9dyEA Cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I really want Fukuyama to be the real season heavy and to listen to a Tar Bird monstrosity talking to people in John Hamm’s normal voice.