Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

verbal enema posted:

I KNEW THAT TONY STARK STASH WAS BS AND THEY ALL LAUGHED

All I wanted was a 6 star rank up. And because they fuxked up I'm getting one.
So who's laughing now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I got a mega rank up ticket from that stark stash thing so that makes it worth it to me.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Alas, I can’t buy Nova at all. It’s all processor crap. That processor sucks rear end.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Isn't Tony Stark's Stash where you get crystals every day? I've got that and its never had a problem.

I cannot think of who to use my 6* mega ticket on. Do I use it on Clea who has tons of bios so i can rank up her gear and ready to use a t2 ticket on? Do I use it on colossus so i don't have to use his xgenes from the monthly sub to rank him up, improve his gear and get him to t2? Do I use it on killmonger so I can just rank up his gear?

I don't want to bother with Anti-Man because the processer is garbage and just wrecks all my gear kits.

Ended up using the mythic uniform ticket on Cap's IW one.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

There's a 1.99 stash thing, I don't know the actual name. But that's the one they goofed up the drops on.

No way should you use that ticket on clea. I think colossus is supposed to be good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cleas not a great character but you need to get her to 5* to get Strange and its a grind to get her bios. So in a perfect world you stash a 5* ticket for her. A mega might be Overkill though.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I wouldn't mega Clea. Strange isn't the top of the meta anymore and Clea is pretty bad herself. Strange could be amazing again once he gets a t3, but who knows when that will be. Just work away at her and use a 5* ticket if you get one to save some time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay, no Clea then. I almost have enough to 6* her anyways.

Maybe Killmonger or Colossus?

Also, holy poo poo Bucky's IW uniform is insane. That has to be his bug.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I used my 6* on Valkyrie. I've got Agent Venom up to 5* now and I'm still plugging away.

It's frustrating looking at Jean and grumbling about having to save up 9 million gold to level her up just to 5.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

verbal enema posted:

What rank does he come out when you get him? Like do I need to also process 300+ bios to max him?

Oh noooo

I lold irl, OP material

300ish would be with lucky rolls, my sweet, sweet summer child

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ended up using it on Killmonger because I only had him at 1*.

I can do WBU about half the time. The times I lose PM does some kind of attack at around 9th healthbard that just ends whomever she's fighting. I have no idea what it is, as there's not AOE down, just bam, dead.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Ended up using it on Killmonger because I only had him at 1*.

I can do WBU about half the time. The times I lose PM does some kind of attack at around 9th healthbard that just ends whomever she's fighting. I have no idea what it is, as there's not AOE down, just bam, dead.

She does an attack around that health level where she is supposed to run to the top of the arena (though sometimes she just does it where she's standing) and she'll fire a couple volleys of attacks that go vertically from top to bottom that definitely pierce invuln and might ignore iframes. I usually just switch to a filler character and try my best to avoid them at the bottom of the arena.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WBU can be very frustrating. On a good day I go five for five without a loss on 10, no sweat. Then on a day like today it takes me forever to get 3 done on 10, I get frustrated and tired and drop down to 1, and then try as I might Proxima keeps killing my Hulk over and over at the same time as on 10 no matter what I do. It's exhausting sometimes.

But hey, what's a game without a challenge? I should probably just stop leaving WBU to be the last thing I do so I'm not plugging away for an hour in bed.

Hopefully they open up some more World Boss Ultimates so at least it breaks up the monatany of playing Proxima over and over and over and over.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I live in small world where you grind for norn stones and bios not truly knowing what the WBU stuff is

Simple but I WANT ANTI MAN

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Poops Mcgoots posted:

She does an attack around that health level where she is supposed to run to the top of the arena (though sometimes she just does it where she's standing) and she'll fire a couple volleys of attacks that go vertically from top to bottom that definitely pierce invuln and might ignore iframes. I usually just switch to a filler character and try my best to avoid them at the bottom of the arena.

That attack has a straight forward pattern. You stand below her to the right a bit and there will be a gap in the blue lightning spears.

Then you run to the left a bit and there will be another gap. Then to the right and another gap. And finally left again.

Her other big murder kill attack is where she puts her spear down on the ground and it pulses out a lot of damage.
You just have to run away from that and wait for her to follow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I legit don't know how anyone sees anything during that fight. The only warning I have is the Ultimate Skill warning. I try to start moving away sometimes when I see that. Or if my guy gets "stuck" and can't seem to get an attack off I try to run away and if I can't I tag someone else in.

But otherwise the whole screen is just a blur of flashing lights and fire and ice and cars and trucks and madness.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Oh hell yes, we're getting a free 6* ticket if we bought the stark chest thing. I've got Colossus at 5* and 340/320 bios I purposely didn't rank up so I could 6* ticket and T2 ticket, and still have 17 days on my x-gene sub that should get Magik to T2 as well.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

Oh hell yes, we're getting a free 6* ticket if we bought the stark chest thing. I've got Colossus at 5* and 340/320 bios I purposely didn't rank up so I could 6* ticket and T2 ticket, and still have 17 days on my x-gene sub that should get Magik to T2 as well.

You lucky dog.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

Oh hell yes, we're getting a free 6* ticket if we bought the stark chest thing. I've got Colossus at 5* and 340/320 bios I purposely didn't rank up so I could 6* ticket and T2 ticket, and still have 17 days on my x-gene sub that should get Magik to T2 as well 20/20/20/19.9999.

Fixed that for you

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have Colossus, Killmonger, Valkyrie, and Quasar all at 5*. I have a 6* ticket and a Mega 6. I'm saving the Mega 6 for Magik or some other pay character that comes along. I've been unsure about which if any of those four to use the 6 on and just holding onto it in case someone more clearly exciting comes along. Are any of the four must haves? I don't intend to buy the X-Men Sub until there's a couple of more mutants to grab with it along with Magik and maybe finishing Colossus and X-23's gears, and I won't be getting a bio sub for awhile until there's 3-4 people to grab there. Unless there's some absolute must have.

I also still have that T2 Selector that's going to expire sometime today. I was leaning towards one of Destroyer, Jane Foster, Angela, or Heimdell. Basically I just want to make sure I use someone I haven't spent a ton of resources to gear up since everyone is already at 6* besides those pay characters. And the Universals just seem more useful. I think Destroyer is probably the best option but I kind of like the others more and am leaning towards Jane or Angela. I'll probably randomly pick one before i go to bed tonight.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Angela, despite being one of my favorites with an awesome looking costume and as one of my first 6*s and T2s, has been almost completely useless. Dies fast in even the easiest SL levels and world boss battles. Though to be fair I haven't put really good ISOs or custom gear on her, and I use the costume that turns her attacks into fire damage which is probably the worst of the two stat-wise. Heimdall is pretty good even at T1, he'd be my recommendation. I just got Jane to 6* and haven't touched Destroyer.

Valkyrie is good for her T2 buff and in a pinch can finish something off with her pegasi as distractions. Back when I had trouble with stuff and would lose my main with 10-15% to go, she was usually able to hang on and finish it. I took her to T2 fast and didn't use her at T1. I didn't have Quasar at T1 long either, at T2 she's good for almost any SL level. She's light on damage but can keep up immunity and does enough that she only has trouble with the tightest of timers. I haven't used Colossus much and my Killmonger is only 4*.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Earlier today, T1 6* Colossus was able to solo the first level of SL for me. So there’s that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh, I already got a bunch of people who can do the first couple of stages and aren't much use beyond that. I tend to use Superior Spider Man there.

The fact that none of those pay seem super blowaway at T1 is the main reason I haven't used the 6* ticket on any of them. I'm leaning Valkyrie for the stated reasons but I still won't have the bios to T2 her so... whatever. Might as well hang onto it until I either have a biosub to do their gears or have a clear #1 option.

My biggest game focus right now is getting one of personal favorite characters all worked up. Rank 165 and rising. I'm gonna do it, drat it! I don't care that spending all these resources on a not great character won't actually help me anywhere. I want that #1!

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Who u working up tho

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't want to jinx it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
It's Green Goblin

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Destroyer with his uniform has a weird edge-case usability in pvp but he's still not actually good. None of those other options are either, though. I might go Jane because she's the least-bad? Angela is top of my list of 'characters that should be better.'

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think all my "good" options are people I already have spent a bunch of bios and resources on their gears. Like Yellowjacket and Silk are the two most talked about options but I have both them at 4/20+150 bios so it would be a waste to use the selector on them. I think Songbird, Wiccan, and White Tiger are next but they're all at least 4/17 and easy enough to farm.

So I just want to get the most bang for my buck from a pretty shallow pool. Which is why I might just go Jane because I like her or Heimdall because Idris Elba.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

thechalkoutline posted:

Us longtime players have literally an infinite supply, I have 33k minimum and 44k on the upper end of everything so just hang in there, it always goes up

unless you decide to max uru your waifus and then you can blow 3 years of norns like its nothin

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

STAC Goat posted:

I don't want to jinx it.

I can't believe you're leveling kingpin

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

HebrewMagic posted:

I can't believe you're leveling kingpin

How did you know what I was doing

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Would max-uru make MODOK great?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Poops Mcgoots posted:

That must be it. Its just weird how they'll be dead before I get a chance to switch or anything.

So I assume these 6* characters will give us a ton of bios if we already have t2'd them?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Steve Vader posted:

Would max-uru make MODOK great?

No, I have him at 5* all amplified urus with mythic unit and he’s still bad lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
But is it SpiderDOK or CaptainDOK?

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
I have started this again and need an alliance. Who's got room? And like hella levels too?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Try Marble Hebrons

Idk poo poo about gently caress but it has a ton of dudes who open good rifts and is max guild level.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

verbal enema posted:

Try Marble Hebrons

Idk poo poo about gently caress but it has a ton of dudes who open good rifts and is max guild level.

Looks like they have 1 spot open. Applied as MonkeyBotSA.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I just realized that while I have a decent amount of high-levelled universal, speed, and blast characters, I don't really have any decent combat characters yet.

Any suggestions on who to raise up there?

EDIT: Decided to go in on Cap, since he's super easy to farm and I've got enough crystals for his Infinity War uniform.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wolverine
Apocalypse
Cap (especially with the new costume)
Iron Fist (with the Netflix costume)
Hulk (with the Ragnarok costume)
Black Panther (movie costume)
Agent Venom
Carnage
Venom (with the Anti-Venom costume)
America Chavez
Beast
Sandman
Ms Marvel

To lesser extents Doc Ock, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Punisher, and White Tiger can all be kind of effective for me, usually in a team.

Cap is definitely the right call as you can T3 him and he's easy to farm. BP, IF, and Venom can be farmed cheap after that but you really need the costumes.