Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Another Black Rose stream, this time the steamer playing cleric

Definitely the best one of this zone so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwEiwRLQzTU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Givin posted:

Pretty decent Ogre. Not rear end scratching awesome but it passes. Trolls better be fat with asscrack loincloths however.

There are no trolls. This is the one glaring failure of the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does each race get their own starting zone and capital city?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Anything Iksar like in the game?

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
probably the Skar.

https://pantheonmmo.com/races/skar/

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

I said come in! posted:

In the streams I've frequently heard "Thronefast the starting city for humans" so probably.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

I said come in! posted:

They mention they do in the stream.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I hope they can match the orc starting zone from vanguard. Shame it just flat out ended when you got to the forest with creepy brain parasite plant people and gulgrethor fortress though.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

I just realized this game has been in development for over 4 years. What's the typical development time for this game? How long was EQ in the making?

Orv
May 4, 2011

milkman dad posted:

I just realized this game has been in development for over 4 years. What's the typical development time for this game? How long was EQ in the making?

For an original MMO made by an actual studio, back when that was a thing that happened? Call it a six year average.

For Kickstarter MMOs? I'll let you know. Eventually.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I would say it's really been in development for around 2 years. There were a number of things that happened way back (failed kickstarter, getting private funding, etc) which slowed all development down. I think all the things you really see are from around 2016 and on. The old unity code might be from back then but I think most parts have been recreated.

All races will have a starting home it has been said, though looking on the world map I fail to see that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I think it’s smart to keep showing gameplay streams to keep people engaged in the development of the game. It’s one thing I think they’re doing better than most of these other MMO’s in development.

Use it to show off new zones every once in a while, show more of the perception system as it’s developed, new races and classes, etc.

It also solidifies my belief that they’ll actually release something at some point.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

forge posted:

I would say it's really been in development for around 2 years. There were a number of things that happened way back (failed kickstarter, getting private funding, etc) which slowed all development down. I think all the things you really see are from around 2016 and on. The old unity code might be from back then but I think most parts have been recreated.

All races will have a starting home it has been said, though looking on the world map I fail to see that.

Yeah, I really doubt a lot of the game was salvaged from when the lead developer was that crazy evangelical lady and her family working basically for free. Back two years ago they had what appeared to be overworld content, but it was all made using stock Unity assets that were drag and dropped in. My guess is that as they have more time to flesh out their world, there will be less obvious Unity store cut/pastes, especially if they get enough early access whales that they can take their time making things.

Even still, Brad McQuaid. Take everything he does with a grain of salt. If it's good, thank his employees. If it's bad, blame him. IIRC everything people loved about Vanguard (class design, diplomacy, crafting) was mostly out of his hands or something he said he didn't like after the fact.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It’s kind of weird, Brad doesn’t feel like he’s in charge or even totally aware of the game’s design during the streams.

It feels like Chris Perkins is actually in charge at this point.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Ehud, that's pretty much what I said in a previous post. Lots of time's you'll hear him say, oh yeah right. That tells me he's not actually doing the active day to day development which Joppa is. Honestly, Joppa gives me good hope that they will release something, pretty much all the devs I've talked to are on the ball.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Ehud posted:

It’s kind of weird, Brad doesn’t feel like he’s in charge or even totally aware of the game’s design during the streams.

It feels like Chris Perkins is actually in charge at this point.

History repeats. Color me shocked. The FoH Vanguard beta thread where Brad was talking about bullshit that was completely different or not even close to what was in game while he shilled it was something to behold as well.

Givin fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 1, 2018

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
he's cashing in on your nerd dreams and his name appeal (again)

it hasn't worked real great for garriott or roberts. I mean besides taking your loving money, they real good at that. the games are complete poo poo

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

milkman dad posted:

Development of OG Everquest started in 1996. So this one is ripe!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I want this game to be good so bad I even clicked through some streams and watched a couple minutes and liked the way it looked. its gonna be awful I bet

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Frog Act posted:

I want this game to be good so bad I even clicked through some streams and watched a couple minutes and liked the way it looked. its gonna be awful I bet

That's the spirit!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Brad McQuaid is very glad you want to support his pain killer addiction.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Freakazoid_ posted:

Brad McQuaid is very glad you want to support his pain killer addiction.

It was benzos I thought?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Zil posted:

It was benzos I thought?

I don't think he's choosy.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

you kinda have to be either benzo or opiate withdrawal is a bitch so you gotta chase that dragon or else

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Percelus posted:

you kinda have to be either benzo or opiate withdrawal is a bitch so you gotta chase that dragon or else

how sad is it that i am probably going to play this game?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Stanley Pain posted:

You'll never be as pathetic as me, if that means anything.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Ehud posted:

I think it’s smart to keep showing gameplay streams to keep people engaged in the development of the game. It’s one thing I think they’re doing better than most of these other MMO’s in development.

I'm not sure whether other games have done so, but it's a good marketing ploy to reach out to PRO STREAMERS and show off the game like this.

cmdrk fucked around with this message at 06:52 on May 4, 2018

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The question is if the momentum can keep going. Pantheon is still a couple years away.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

I said come in! posted:

The question is if the momentum can keep going. Pantheon is still a couple years away.

So... it will be launched the same month/weekend as WoW: Classic and be completely forgotten.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

cmdrk posted:

I'm not sure whether other games have done so, but it's a good marketing ploy to reach out to PRO STREAMERS and show off the game like this.

Other games have, a LOT. Those games have actually had interesting things to stream, however.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Listen if you don’t understand that Pantheon is leading the classic MMO revolution then I don’t know what to tell you.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Stanley Pain posted:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. It will probably be a miracle if anyone plays this game.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Node posted:

I would play MMOs with you just so you have someone to share this pain. No one man should suffer this much watching his childhood burn.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Node posted:

I feel like I have seen you post in almost every MMO thread. Would you detail all the MMO games you have played? Do you have a favorite?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Node is a beautiful and wonderful creature, too good for the lovely world of MMOs

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

milkman dad posted:

I feel like I have seen you post in almost every MMO thread. Would you detail all the MMO games you have played? Do you have a favorite?

I have a weird feeling that Node and Alexander DeLarge are related to each other somehow.

Or one is a parachute account of the other..

Catullus
Oct 1, 2003

I've been burned so many time, I could list so many failed mmos I've bought in to. And I'll lovingly get burned again, chasing dat EQ dragon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ehud posted:

Listen if you don’t understand that Pantheon is leading the classic MMO revolution then I don’t know what to tell you.

I believe you, it's just that this idea sucks.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

milkman dad posted:

I haven't posted in most of the MMOG threads, honestly. The MMORPGs I've played are Ultima Online, Everquest, and Vanguard. I've played the beta of others but I'm not counting those. My favorite is easily Ultima Online, especially pre-Renaissance. The Renaissance was when OSI added the non-pvp facet of the game.

I guess if you count MUDs, I played Dragonrealms a lot. But that's it. I'm just... very attached to the memories of the games, which fuels false hope.

Node fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ehud posted:

smedley is going to steal brad's thunder when Amazon's New World is revealed to be a big budget EQ clone set in america