Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Rotation is cool but now I don't know what decks to work toward anymore

Well, Albertcraft is dead but Arthurcraft is doing real well.

In any case, right now there doesn't seem to be anything too spawn-like, which is actually quite nice for a change.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I'm not sure if the deck is actually good or not, but I'm having fun playing Jade Druid.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Thew new haven legendaries have improved summit temple significantly in rotation, especially the drat Hind. Its one of the rare 'choose' cards that's often more useful being played without triggering the choose, which makes it ideal for pulling into play with Aether.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Roach update: Roach good (going10-1). The new roach amulet (the one that summons wisps) is pretty good. Right now the biggest issue seems to be fighting against your hand size.

Always roach! Always crush other combo decks.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

So far Rotation is a lot less of a bore than it has been the past couple months. Some of that is probably due to people still trying stuff out, but it's nice that 75% of the matches aren't Daria or Ramp Dragon now. The decks that are supposedly pretty dominant at the moment like Midrange Sword and Hybrid Portal aren't feeling that oppressive, either.

Decks I'm liking so far include Mysteria/Abom Burn Rune (this can really give Mid Sword fits), Zeus Caller Shadow, Hybrid Portal, and Aggro Vengeance Blood. I still need to play around with Holy Lion Haven and Aggro PDK Dragon more but I haven't had many dailies for those classes yet this expansion. God Bullet Golem/Crystal Cannon Portal is fun but doesn't seem to be that great.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Holy lion seems pretty terrible. I've run into guys who got 2 copies of the -1 cost amulet down turns 2 and 3 and still won. The problem is they either slow play it by paying 5 for them or they run out of holy lion amulets.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

So far Rotation is a lot less of a bore than it has been the past couple months. Some of that is probably due to people still trying stuff out, but it's nice that 75% of the matches aren't Daria or Ramp Dragon now. The decks that are supposedly pretty dominant at the moment like Midrange Sword and Hybrid Portal aren't feeling that oppressive, either.

Decks I'm liking so far include Mysteria/Abom Burn Rune (this can really give Mid Sword fits), Zeus Caller Shadow, Hybrid Portal, and Aggro Vengeance Blood. I still need to play around with Holy Lion Haven and Aggro PDK Dragon more but I haven't had many dailies for those classes yet this expansion. God Bullet Golem/Crystal Cannon Portal is fun but doesn't seem to be that great.

Do you have a list for the Mysteria deck?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

cheetah7071 posted:

Do you have a list for the Mysteria deck?

I've messed around with two slightly different netdecks:

http://sv.bagoum.com/db/952
http://sv.bagoum.com/db/9Bg

I hope those work. Anyway, the first one feels better for the current meta since it runs more copies of the AoE removal that is desperately needed right now. The second deck is greedier when it comes to amassing more earth rites to feed to the Silver Blade Golem. A couple other things I haven't played with are running Class President Hanna plus Illusionist (but this is hard when the 5 drop slot already has Mysteria) and also teching in an Unbodied Witch or two to duplicate more burn and/or trigger an Abom turn 9 (but most of the time you'd like to be winning here after turn 8 Golem).

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, about this dead gay game: Portalcraft in rotation is pretty drat good and fun to play (artifact version, puppets are much less fun) and it doesn't cost a billio crystals to make a deck as long as you have DeusEM, which you should if you played portal at all during last expansion.

Vomiting artifacts has never been so fun.

The Haven Lion deck is also surprisingly fun and cheap.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 5, 2018

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

trucutru posted:

So, about this dead gay game: Portalcraft in rotation is pretty drat good and fun to play (artifact version, puppets are much less fun) and it doesn't cost a billio crystals to make a deck as long as you have DeusEM, which you should if you played portal at all during last expansion.

Vomiting artifacts has never been so fun.

The Haven Lion deck is also surprisingly fun and cheap.

What does your deck look like? And I assume you don't run prime artifact generators and it's all about analyzing/ancient artifacts, maybe mystic, with radiant as the finisher?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

What does your deck look like? And I assume you don't run prime artifact generators and it's all about analyzing/ancient artifacts, maybe mystic, with radiant as the finisher?

That new angel/devil Míriam girl is just too good not to auto-include in the deck so prime and radiant artifacts are in. Which means that I only run 2 Safiras for more reach. As for generators I run the main three: Icarus/Lion/Mechanic (for the ward) and Hakrabi/Soldiers to pull them out.

Only board clear is 2 legacies, normally I'm able to hold the board. As for spells I run bio, meta, and substitution. Finally accel (Of course) some hamelins and a single spinaria because I couldn't fit two.

Basically, Míriam is so powerful that it makes your basic chtonogenrsis deck a billion times better.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, I included her, but 9/10 times I'm using her in devil form to fetch artifacts.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

Yeah, I included her, but 9/10 times I'm using her in devil form to fetch artifacts.

I think that's one of the things one really has to learn about the match ups. Sometimes I check the games I lose and having her use the form I didn't would have saved my rear end three turns later.

In any case, the deck is really fun.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I tried a demo of this today and thought I'd start. I'm interested in Sword or Dragon, not sure which and I got the following legendaries on my second roll:

Aria, Guiding Fairy; Arthur, Knight King ; Venomfang Medusa; Deepwood Anomaly; Corpselord of Woe; Yggdrasil; Demonlord Eachtar; Unbodied Witch

Three of those seem to be pretty good: Aria, Arthur and Demonloard, should I keep this or can I do much better?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Arther is hella strong and there are lots of good low rarity cards in sword. Play that

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, that's a decent group of legendaries. just play and have fun.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Daria's death combined with the slightly slower meta and the new tools given Rune have made it probably the most fun and diverse class in rotation. I'm swapping around between Mysteria Abom, Runie Chimera, standard Ginger, and a funky Neutral/Abom Ginger build, and supposedly people still run Burn Dirt and Aggro Neutral, too. Cool class.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Daria's death combined with the slightly slower meta and the new tools given Rune have made it probably the most fun and diverse class in rotation. I'm swapping around between Mysteria Abom, Runie Chimera, standard Ginger, and a funky Neutral/Abom Ginger build, and supposedly people still run Burn Dirt and Aggro Neutral, too. Cool class.

Yeah, right now the rotation meta seems pretty healthy. Then again, I am playing artifact and making people's lives miserable. Oh, you think shadowverse ends by turn 7 or 8? think again! Here, have another round of 10 artifacts being played. (it ends in turn 10 but I bet it feels like 20)

But unlimited, oh boy, with their new amulet them roaches are flying high. You can even stop some of the aggro decks thanks to your improved draw power. The deck will probably get another restriction.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

trucutru posted:

Yeah, right now the rotation meta seems pretty healthy. Then again, I am playing artifact and making people's lives miserable. Oh, you think shadowverse ends by turn 7 or 8? think again! Here, have another round of 10 artifacts being played. (it ends in turn 10 but I bet it feels like 20)

But unlimited, oh boy, with their new amulet them roaches are flying high. You can even stop some of the aggro decks thanks to your improved draw power. The deck will probably get another restriction.

Share the roach deck? Honestly, I've seen a lot of blood aggro and weirdly, loving dshift, in unlimited. What would possess someone to run a deck that gets pretty rolled by aggro in an aggro infested meta? Does adding daria cards make it better or something?

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...g.6S9xg?lang=en

This is what I've been running in unlimited because of all the aggro.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

Share the roach deck? Honestly, I've seen a lot of blood aggro and weirdly, loving dshift, in unlimited. What would possess someone to run a deck that gets pretty rolled by aggro in an aggro infested meta? Does adding daria cards make it better or something?

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...g.6S9xg?lang=en

This is what I've been running in unlimited because of all the aggro.

You go super-aggro roach.

Angelic Snipe (2)
The roach package: Guidance, Circle, Barrage, Roach, Gobbo, all 3-of
Sylvan justice (3)
Flower of Fairies Roaches (3)
Brambles (3)
F. Mischief (1) <- Tech card
Ancient Elf (3)
Aria (of course)
Feena (3)
Will of the forest (3)
Cassiopeia (1, or 2-and-2 with will of the forest )
Aerin (3)

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

trucutru posted:

You go super-aggro roach.

Angelic Snipe (2)
The roach package: Guidance, Circle, Barrage, Roach, Gobbo, all 3-of
Sylvan justice (3)
Flower of Fairies Roaches (3)
Brambles (3)
F. Mischief (1) <- Tech card
Ancient Elf (3)
Aria (of course)
Feena (3)
Will of the forest (3)
Cassiopeia (1, or 2-and-2 with will of the forest )
Aerin (3)

Would you ever run EPM or is she not good enough now?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

Would you ever run EPM or is she not good enough now?

You can run one (tops) if you wish. But you'll quickly find out that with the new amulet you usually don't have problems getting (superior) 0-cost 1/1s and that evolving an EPM on-curve tends to clog your hand. Evos are better used on Feena or removing stuff. And EPM is quite the dead draw in the late game.

This roach deck has more cycle so you can be a bit less stingy with your bounces, which have good synergy with the flower amulet. When you bounce the amulet back you get the amulet and a wisp, and since the amulet replaces itself and produces yet another wisp, that means that your bounce has given you 2 extra cards in the long run as long as you have the chance to replay the amulet. Learning how to use your wisps seems to be what makes a good roach player now.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Hmm, that makes sense. I'm also going to try the one-of Yggdrasil but I suspect she's just going to be too late, when you can reliably combo out turn 7 anyways, especially if you happen to have an ancient elf or something like that. Doing something like wisp wisp AE wisp wisp sounds really stupid.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

Hmm, that makes sense. I'm also going to try the one-of Yggdrasil but I suspect she's just going to be too late, when you can reliably combo out turn 7 anyways, especially if you happen to have an ancient elf or something like that. Doing something like wisp wisp AE wisp wisp sounds really stupid.

You have to be open to doing a bit of damage as soon as you see a chance, yeah. Wisp x2, Roach, AE is the typical example. A 5pp 6/7 with ward that deals 3(5) damage to face is pretty good. Coincidentally, playing flowers on 2, bouncing and replaying it on 3 tends to give you this scenario.

And sometimes you can even "waste" resources if that gives you lethal in a couple of turns.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Control Forest is actually pretty fun and interesting now that it isn't just a wallet neutral top end.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, this thread is loving dead (as is Shadowverse in the west) but I just wanted to brag about making it to the final round of the current Cup.

My decks were aggro forest and artifact portal. Got really unlucky with aggro forest (including getting a 3 drivers in hand in round 3 hand) so the deck underperformed, but artifact did pretty well. Everybody is targeting sword so you basically don't see any sword at all, mostly counter decks, which is why I was playing aggro forest in the first place.

Final match was Tenko cannon, of all things, against my artifacts. I have like zero experience in that match but it was basically a battle of removal. I managed to clone enough card-drawing artifacts to barely make my Safira big enough.

In 4 out of the 5 matches in the cup I didn't draw DEM so I guess she's not indispensable, but she surely makes everything a billion times easier (In the match I did draw her, she totally saved my rear end). MVPs are -as usual- Acceleratium (which will eventually get nerfed), and Miriam.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

You run lion/icarus/miriam/mechanic/cannoneer as artifact creators, right? Have you gotten any use from Spinaria?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

You run lion/icarus/miriam/mechanic/cannoneer as artifact creators, right? Have you gotten any use from Spinaria?

I don't run the cat cannoneer. she's good but I don't have space for her on my deck, which I posted a bit ago and hasn't changed much. I run iron staff instead, for more late game draw and value.

Spinaria is one of the few ways you have to deal with brambled fairies, and you don't really want to drop hakrabi on five of you are not in resonance so she's an ok 5 drop. Sometimes you can extract extra value from her but she usually dies real fast. So she's ok, but not great. I only run 1-2.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

I dunno. I've had huge issues when running mechanic of seeing him early and then the artifact grabbers grab mystics instead of ways to equalize the board. It's great lategame when you can put up a ward or two. Admittedly I haven't seen any brambled fairies. My main issue is against control blood because they hose your board dead with Jorm, and at some point you just die to darkfeast bat or tons of storm guys + burn.

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...6.6RONo?lang=en

This is what I got so far.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That's a perfectly fine deck. we're just targeting different stuff. I need wards and a shitload of draw to survive against the sword and haven decks I was expecting. Blood kills me unless I have a great start.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Honestly, I have fun games against sword because the mid-sword decks just attempt to make big boards, and you excel at destroying big boards by just slamming rush artifacts into it forever. Wondering though if I should have that 3rd copy of substitution/metaproduction/hamelin.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

So I started about 3 weeks, been playing pretty casually and did very poorly last grand prix. Finished up a rotation deck inbetween and just used that for this Prix. This time I qualified for group A on the first time. So am I correct that my score for the rest of stage 1 doesn't matter (aside from my reward for that day?) And I have to win 4 rounds during stage 2 to win sleeves?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Fritzler posted:

So I started about 3 weeks, been playing pretty casually and did very poorly last grand prix. Finished up a rotation deck inbetween and just used that for this Prix. This time I qualified for group A on the first time. So am I correct that my score for the rest of stage 1 doesn't matter (aside from my reward for that day?) And I have to win 4 rounds during stage 2 to win sleeves?

Yeah. Just play the freebie for well... free stuff. Once you've qualified, you don't have to win anymore for that stage.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fritzler posted:

Yes, you have to win 4 rounds in stage 2 to reach the gimme sleeves stage. Stage 1 doesn't matter anymore

What deck did you use? I got in with a cheap aggro dragon one.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
"Cheap" (only 2 Fortes, hi Eyfa!) Aggro dragon is good at racing all the unfair bullshit as long as you get lucky. Which is great because I don't like the pressure of competing in these events, specially in a format where luck is 90% of the skill required

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...Nsi?lang=en#_=_

Siegfried MVP because the format is up to the tits with Atomy. Faced (in both senses!) plenty of those while preparing and I've never seen them not have Atomy on 4. So kill their 2 drop or you'll have Atomy on 3. Once you kill that bullshit their whole deck just crumbles and the Ceridwen they'll drop on 5 will be too slow.

gently caress Daria and her lovely owl (haha, you are forced to play it on 2 you piece of crap), gently caress Reanimate, gently caress Midsword, gently caress Roach (when somebody else is playing it, I was there before it was easy). You've forced me to play a face deck. This is such a fun format!

Strategy:

1) Go first.
2) Get a one drop. Mulligan all your poo poo for one.
3) Spend all your mana every turn
4) When in doubt, go wide <- Super secret protip only the best players know about!
5) Go face but trade if there is good value to be had and you don't have enough storm on hand.
6) These black wings are unbreakable.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 3, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

are you running baby forte instead of 3rd forte because you dont have 3 or because you want to play her as a 3 drop sometimes

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

are you running baby forte instead of 3rd forte because you dont have 3 or because you want to play her as a 3 drop sometimes

Because I don't have a third and I don't wanna craft unlimited stuff. But Eyfa is sometimes superior (gently caress you Valse!) and against some decks you can play her as a 3 drop if you're desperate. It's not so bad since they'll usually have to spend a 2pp spell to remove her ASAP, and sometimes shadow cannot deal with her, but it's obviously better to save her for turn 7, if possible. The deck would be better with an extra Forte, yeah.

If you have a 1-drop the best 2-drop is Matilda because then you'll get a good trade down the line. Best 3-drop is the aficionado because you want to go wide. Going wide and pinging their faces for 1 damage with your weenies is usually better than having more damaging threats as they'll have to waste evos clearing your crap and then you can either Sieg them or have more bodies for the riders. Use your scythers wisely and try to save them for overflow.

The games are truly very luck-based but getting an small edge is the difference between setting up lethal or not.

Outside of defensive vengeance/control blood and midsword w/wards the deck does really well because it forces the highrollers to spend their resources on your low-value early pressure and then you switch gears to high-value followers with storm while they are busy trying to clear the last of your weenies.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

someone posted a compilation of gm decks from this season on reddit. has to be one of the best resources out there right now for netdecking https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iQST2U7rQt3UzKILOxBiHufo2SPf_4NL98YhrzHnt3M/edit

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Those decks look great! Thanks! Guiding me towards where I should craft.

trucutru posted:

Yes, you have to win 4 rounds in stage 2 to reach the gimme sleeves stage. Stage 1 doesn't matter anymore

What deck did you use? I got in with a cheap aggro dragon one.
I qualified for final round too! I used a cheap aggro forest. Here's the link (with three Ipira too). Thinking about replacing the Angelic Knight with Badb Catha, but idk if I want to use that many vials (I have just enough for one legendary rn). When I started I got an animated Yggdrasil that I really haven't used yet so excited to get the sleeves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Change your language to Chinese for three free packs!

• Locked thread