Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It must be weird be like " Thor? Oh yeah, we hosed"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Thor should rebuild Asgard in Romania. Also, he should start wearing a suit of armor that only he is worth to wield.

X-O, you'd see that movie, right?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Fartbox posted:

I feel like a lot of people would worship Thor in the MCU. He is a god, his religion is known, I bet millions would worship a thunder tossing sexy manhunk who can fly

That's why they should adapt Jason Aaron's God of Thunder, so you see him palling around with fuckin' pumped-on-Thor Vikings.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I mean Thor is famous enough that people recognize him on the street, surely they'll let him organize a country

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Samuringa posted:

And this. This was fantastic.

Well Thanos was the protagonist so they didn't really switch the formula for that at all.

Gavok posted:

Thor should rebuild Asgard in Romania. Also, he should start wearing a suit of armor that only he is worth to wield.

X-O, you'd see that movie, right?

Sounds kind of derivative to be honest.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Just a fan-made Marvel hype video, but it's a good one.

https://twitter.com/reyestarkk/status/991810297026498560

I wonder if you could do the same thing with the DCEU movies and evoke the same feeling?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I finally got to see the movie this evening and it was good stuff. My dad went with me and he liked it too.

There was one wee girl sitting in the same row as me who started to cry when Spider-Man bit the dust but then she and her friends started making fun of all the "foreign" names in the credits waiting for the post-credits scene so whatever.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ben Wheatley (Kill List, High Rise, Free Fire) might be directing a Marvel movie.
http://filmjunk.com/2018/05/04/ben-wheatley-might-be-directing-a-marvel-movie/
Though, I could see Bob Mortimer (absurdist English comedian) of all people just making that up.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 5, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
High Rise is dope as gently caress and Free Fire is sitting here in our watch pile, I'd be down for that.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Wheat Loaf posted:

There was one wee girl sitting in the same row as me who started to cry when Spider-Man bit the dust but then she and her friends started making fun of all the "foreign" names in the credits waiting for the post-credits scene so whatever.
There's probably some sort of explicit Guild reason why they couldn't, but Disney hosed up by not having 50% of the credits names vanish randomly as they reach the bottom of the screen.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
One thing I thought of earlier that I hadn’t seen discussed: (post credits scene) What agency are Fury and Hill working for now? I know Shield is back on the show but the movies haven’t really acknowledged that at all.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Rubiks Pubes posted:

One thing I thought of earlier that I hadn’t seen discussed: (post credits scene) What agency are Fury and Hill working for now? I know Shield is back on the show but the movies haven’t really acknowledged that at all.
I think they're technically just the Avengers' allies at this point. At the end of Age of Ultron, Hill is still shown working at the new Avengers facility which comprises a lot of the former SHIELD agents. So I'd guess Fury's actual title at the moment is just "some guy who works with the Avengers."

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Hill works for Stark/what was left of the Avengers/sort of resurrected SHIELD at the end of Civil War and Fury is still officially dead.

Pretty sloppy for a professional spy who is supposed to be dead to cruise around New York in a suburban.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

SHIELD is back and reintegrated into the current government under the Sokovia Accords following their reappearance in Age of Ultron.

Nick Fury: still officially dead.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Hill works for Stark/what was left of the Avengers/sort of resurrected SHIELD at the end of Civil War and Fury is still officially dead.

Pretty sloppy for a professional spy who is supposed to be dead to cruise around New York in a suburban.

Hide in plain sight.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Fartbox posted:

I feel like a lot of people would worship Thor in the MCU. He is a god, his religion is known, I bet millions would worship a thunder tossing sexy manhunk who can fly

But I mean the majority of the people that followed him are dead, so it's like.....why would someone follow a god of failure? Tony Stark can fly, and capitalism destroyed the Nordic religion the first time. Why settle for less?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mulva posted:

But I mean the majority of the people that followed him are dead, so it's like.....why would someone follow a god of failure? Tony Stark can fly, and capitalism destroyed the Nordic religion the first time. Why settle for less?

-Tony Stark, 2018

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Teenage Fansub posted:

Ben Wheatley (Kill List, High Rise, Free Fire) might be directing a Marvel movie.
http://filmjunk.com/2018/05/04/ben-wheatley-might-be-directing-a-marvel-movie/
Though, I could see Bob Mortimer (absurdist English comedian) of all people just making that up.

i've only seen free fire of those, but i liked it

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

He's pretending to be Samuel L. Jackson.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lord Hydronium posted:

He's pretending to be Samuel L. Jackson Laurence Fishburne.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Jamesman posted:

Just a fan-made Marvel hype video, but it's a good one.

https://twitter.com/reyestarkk/status/991810297026498560

I wonder if you could do the same thing with the DCEU movies and evoke the same feeling?

I'm glad they included the Netflix stuff and only Ghost Rider from AoS.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

SonicRulez posted:

I'm glad they included the Netflix stuff and only Ghost Rider from AoS.

I Excalibur'd pretty hard when Danny showed up but that aside it was ok

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Seemed very spy-ish with the “call control, tell them code red”thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah it looks like in the films SHIELD just rolled with the punches. Didn't Hill have a SHIELD patch visible?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!

Fartbox posted:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I don't watch it, but going by this review it seems Agents of SHIELD might tie up in some way with Infinity War

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/992585196305354753

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be honest if I was an AoS showrunner I'd jump at the chance to get to explore the world after half of humanity vanished.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Their ratings already did that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Samuringa posted:

I don't watch it, but going by this review it seems Agents of SHIELD might tie up in some way with Infinity War

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/992585196305354753

They talked about Thanos invading but that was it. The show has two more episodes this season, and likely for the series. So I think mentioning Thanos is about as good as the tie-in gets.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I would absolutely not be surprised in any way at all if, at the end of this season of AoS, either Fitz or Simmons (but not both) disintegrates into a cloud of ash. Because that is totally the type of show that it is.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Although people have been saying that about them every season now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My ending for AoS is still the best.

Coulson wakes up from a nightmare, turns to tell his wife about how in the nightmare he lead a motley team of secret agents, particularly a hot asian woman. The woman in bed with him then turns over to question this and it's Julia Louise Dreyfuss.

IT'S A NEWHART/OLD CHRISTINE MASHUP REFERENCE SHUT UP I'M A GENIUS

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Decius posted:

I have no idea how they will set Carol up in the MCU, but I hope they follow more "the gently caress-up who tries to do good" + feminism Mr. Marvel version than the KSD Captain Marvel Carol Danvers, because the latter would probably end rather boring.

I know they're not going to go there, but I would love to see some of the "Carol Danvers: Human Disaster" stuff that they haven't really touched on in the books for a while.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

X-O posted:

KSD fans went nuts over that book. The "Carol Corps" turned out to mostly just be KSD fans and not fans of the character. Every iteration of the book since has been a hundred times better than her runs. Except for the Civil War II stuff. That was a misstep. All the Alpha Flight and Ultimates stuff made up for it though.

What's the recommended run for my friend who's not into comics at all who wants to get a feel for Captain Marvel? Will he get lost if I tell him to read Alpha Flight or Ultimates? I initially recommended the KSD run based on its popularity but I hadn't read it myself.

Edit: He said he wanted Carol's origin story, but also doesn't want to read any obviously old stuff, by which I think he means he wants to read something more decompressed.

Argue fucked around with this message at 11:20 on May 5, 2018

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

ImpAtom posted:

To be honest if I was an AoS showrunner I'd jump at the chance to get to explore the world after half of humanity vanished.

They'll never do a show with that kind of premise better than The Leftovers and any show that tries is just gonna rehash the same themes w/o doing as good a job. Though I suppose knowing why it happened takes some of the mystery and drama out of it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Argue posted:

What's the recommended run for my friend who's not into comics at all who wants to get a feel for Captain Marvel? Will he get lost if I tell him to read Alpha Flight or Ultimates? I initially recommended the KSD run based on its popularity but I hadn't read it myself.

Edit: He said he wanted Carol's origin story, but also doesn't want to read any obviously old stuff, by which I think he means he wants to read something more decompressed.

The KSD run did start with a review/slight tweaking of her origin through time travel.

Other than that he'd have to go back to the original stuff.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They're also just about to do a mini series that seems to be intended to be the mass market 'here's the comics origin' trade for when the movie comes out: The Life Of Captain Marvel.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I was just tossing out the reference. New Mexico would also work for callbacks.

It would be hilarious to have it in New Zealand.

I just want god/nonplussed human interaction okay

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/comingsoonnet/status/992796514060816385?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
AoS movie crossovers peaked with the Winter Soldier one, which also may have been why the first half of that first season was so wheel-spinny. I am curious to see what they’ll do about IW though.

• Locked thread