Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I hope this person's tester feedback is ignored.

I have a strong feeling that they may not actually be a tester.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
FLGS having a Star Wars Day sale, with 50% off X-Wing stuff. Cleaned them out of Rebel and Imp stuff in anticipation of 2.0 conversion kits.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Owlbear Camus posted:

My office does actual May the Fourth festivities. Today I am Poe Dameron in my flight suit, with a BB-8 robot.

I should have set up X-Wing in the break room to play.

My office does too, we host Star Wars Worlds :)

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Can I work for your companies? I’m the resident Star Wars weirdo, everyone else is all about sports and college sports where I work.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
In case others weren't aware, FFG is streaming Day 1C.

https://www.twitch.tv/ffglive

Currently watching 3x Azituck vs. Yorr/Inqy/QD

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ringo Star Get posted:

Can I work for your companies? I’m the resident Star Wars weirdo, everyone else is all about sports and college sports where I work.

Just work in IT.

Star Wars nerds permiate every level of this career field.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Miniature Market has a Star Wars sale going on today for 4 hours. All their stuff is about 20% off MSRP all the time, and it's an extra 4% off for a few more hours :toot:

x-wing stuff
https://www.miniaturemarket.com/sea...atures%2FX-Wing

All star wars stuff
https://www.miniaturemarket.com/searchresults?q=star+wars#/?_=1&filter.stock_status=In%20Stock&page=1

Edit:
Looks like it includes the 2.0 core set and the conversion kits. The conversion kits would be $38.40/each instead of $50, with free shipping.
HMMM

canyoneer fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 4, 2018

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012

canyoneer posted:

Miniature Market has a Star Wars sale going on today for 4 hours. All their stuff is about 20% off MSRP all the time, and it's an extra 4% off for a few more hours :toot:

x-wing stuff
https://www.miniaturemarket.com/sea...atures%2FX-Wing

All star wars stuff
https://www.miniaturemarket.com/searchresults?q=star+wars#/?_=1&filter.stock_status=In%20Stock&page=1

Edit:
Looks like it includes the 2.0 core set and the conversion kits. The conversion kits would be $38.40/each instead of $50, with free shipping.
HMMM

FYI everyone check with your FLGS first. I own one and I'm offering 20% off preorders on all the new x-wing stuff as well. (of course if you don't have a FLGS then go for it, this is a great deal)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Don't worry, I hate reading Reddit and had this linked to me elsewhere. The thread still needs you!

Good plan. Someone posted a donald trump as luke skywalker as a rabbit post today.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

bunnyofdoom posted:

Good plan. Someone posted a donald trump as luke skywalker as a rabbit post today.

Says bunnyofdoom

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

I... don't know what that means. :ohdear:

Fake edit: We need an :ohdear: but C-3P0.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I... don't know what that means. :ohdear:

Fake edit: We need an :ohdear: but C-3P0.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Marvelous.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Says bunnyofdoom

It presents Trump as a hero.

Which is disturbing.

Here's the link if you want to hate people

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I was just making a joke about the username - post combo

Besides, it’s not like SA is any different, we have plenty of trump loving morons here too

Anyways, please keep posting spoilers here because I like having a good centralized place to get 2.0 info!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

Besides, it’s not like SA is any different, we have plenty of trump loving morons here too

Anyways, please keep posting spoilers here because I like having a good centralized place to get 2.0 info!

I've almost got a bug up my rear end to start a document with picture examples to show edition differences.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Totally fair. If it wasn't trumpoganda I would totally have yanked one of those bunnies for my avatar.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

ChuckBTY posted:

FYI everyone check with your FLGS first. I own one and I'm offering 20% off preorders on all the new x-wing stuff as well. (of course if you don't have a FLGS then go for it, this is a great deal)

Cool! Are you in Illinois by chance?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Covenant posted an hour-long Q&A podcast with the 2.0 designers. Talking about how they came to some decisions and what's planned for the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owsRODdBYx0

There's a TON of info in there. For example, Lambda shuttle confirmed to have a rear arc...but it's only a 2 die attack instead of 3.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

ConfusedUs posted:

Covenant posted an hour-long Q&A podcast with the 2.0 designers. Talking about how they came to some decisions and what's planned for the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owsRODdBYx0

There's a TON of info in there. For example, Lambda shuttle confirmed to have a rear arc...but it's only a 2 die attack instead of 3.

Lambda shuttle's dice don't matter. Its only function is as a Palpmobile.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Really happy with half points on everything. No more points fortress running away with one hull for 30 minutes.

Cobbsprite posted:

With evades only changing a die, 2 dice can matter

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It only took 5 years or whatever for those rear shuttle guns to actually get the ability to fire. Not too bad.

Cobbsprite posted:

Surely you've caught a ship out of position with a 5 red die range 1 attack with a lambda? That poo poo melts.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

Surely you've caught a ship out of position with a 5 red die range 1 attack with a lambda? That poo poo melts.

Why would I ever have a 5 red die attack in a Lambda? Expose? Mathematically inferior to focus.

Raged posted:

With evades only changing a die, 2 dice can matter

Wait, what's this change? I haven't read up all the new rules yet, WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Cobbsprite posted:

Why would I ever have a 5 red die attack in a Lambda? Expose? Mathematically inferior to focus.

Wait, what's this change? I haven't read up all the new rules yet, WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Evade tokens can only change a face on an existing die. They don't add an additional result anymore.

This is why the zero agility ships (Ghost, Decimator) both got Reinforce instead (which cannot reduce damage below 1, either).

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Strobe posted:

Evade tokens can only change a face on an existing die. They don't add an additional result anymore.

This is why the zero agility ships (Ghost, Decimator) both got Reinforce instead (which cannot reduce damage below 1, either).

I'm okay with this change.

Reinforce makes sense for those ships, and limiting it that way seems balanced on the face of it.

And I'll finally be able to push damage through on those loving three-green ships by rolling four hits. Fuckers deserve it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cobbsprite posted:

Oops, I meant four. I'm getting my shuttles mixed up.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

Oops, I meant four. I'm getting my shuttles mixed up.

Nah, I've actually never had that happen. Maybe I've just been playing against people that know better, but I've never gotten that wondershot. I'll occasionally push some damage through the the three-die attack on a shuttle, but that isn't what it's really there FOR. If I'm not taking it as a Palpmobile, I'm not taking a Lambda.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Virahgo better have rear arc

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Cobbsprite posted:

I'm okay with this change.

Reinforce makes sense for those ships, and limiting it that way seems balanced on the face of it.

And I'll finally be able to push damage through on those loving three-green ships by rolling four hits. Fuckers deserve it.

gently caress yeah. :getin:

I think my genuinely favorite new upgrade that I've seen so far is Marksmanship. If I'm remembering correctly, it's an EPT that upgrades a hit to a crit if the target is in your bullseye arc. I am all about that kind of thing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Strobe posted:

gently caress yeah. :getin:

I think my genuinely favorite new upgrade that I've seen so far is Marksmanship. If I'm remembering correctly, it's an EPT that upgrades a hit to a crit if the target is in your bullseye arc. I am all about that kind of thing.

New Crack Shot also only works in bullseye.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
It seems like just about every normal fighter's getting some kind of reposition and the large ships are going to be much more limited in that regard.

Maybe a Y-wing will be able to carry ordnance effectively someday.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Panzeh posted:

It seems like just about every normal fighter's getting some kind of reposition and the large ships are going to be much more limited in that regard.

Maybe a Y-wing will be able to carry ordnance effectively someday.

Ion Cannon Turret Y-wings are going to be loving disgusting against big ships unless I'm missing something big. Reinforce doesn't block ion tokens and can't reduce the damage below 1, each ion cannon can now put out multiple ion tokens, and when a ship is ionized it can only take a focus action - no changing the mobile arc.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Strobe posted:

Ion Cannon Turret Y-wings are going to be loving disgusting against big ships unless I'm missing something big. Reinforce doesn't block ion tokens and can't reduce the damage below 1, each ion cannon can now put out multiple ion tokens, and when a ship is ionized it can only take a focus action - no changing the mobile arc.

Speaking of Y-Wings, did Horton's ability change at all? I know he (FINALLY, thank Christ) got an EPT, but I was wondering if they changed anything about his pilot ability to compensate.

Also, any news on if Y-Wings are still going to be able to double-tap with their turret weapon?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Speaking of Y-Wings, did Horton's ability change at all? I know he (FINALLY, thank Christ) got an EPT, but I was wondering if they changed anything about his pilot ability to compensate.

Also, any news on if Y-Wings are still going to be able to double-tap with their turret weapon?

Veteran Turret Gunner is explicitly double tapping with a turret weapon. :v: The text is literally "After you perform a primary attack you may perform a [turret] attack with a [turret] secondary weapon you haven't fired this turn."

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Strobe posted:

Takes 3 tokens to ionize big ships now. And also, ion Cannon turret now works so that the first hit deals a damage, and every subsequent hit deals an ion token instead.
Also, did I see that ionizing lets the ionized ship choose 1 straight or banks?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

canyoneer posted:

Takes 3 tokens to ionize big ships now. And also, ion Cannon turret now works so that the first hit deals a damage, and every subsequent hit deals an ion token instead.
Also, did I see that ionizing lets the ionized ship choose 1 straight or banks?

With three dice and enough ways to modify them (Dutch, hoooo!) versus single defence dice or Reinforce tokens, you can probably expect 2-3 tokens a turn. Even without other upgrades.

It probably depends on for the Ion Cannon and Ion Cannon Turret whether they do 1 damage and no ion tokens for the first [hit/crit], or if they do damage and ion token for the first [hit/crit].

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Every single ion weapon I've seen so far (turret and missiles) has had the same wording where the first hit is damage, every subsequent hit is ion.

But do keep in mind that turrets have range bonuses now, so ion turret is 4 dice at range one. That's enough to potentially ionize a large ship.

Two ion turrets can do it for sure.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Good to know the four Y-Wings I bought when I first started playing in Wave 3 will continue to get plenty of work :v:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
The Y-Wing is the workhorse of the Rebel fleet. It's not quick or flashy, but it gets the job done. The armour on this ship is extensive, and the shields will protect you from just about anything, which is good, because you won't be going anywhere fast. The Y-Wing is used mainly as a bomber, because it can carry a heavy payload of missiles, torpedoes, and bombs. The other important weapon is the topside Ion cannon, which rather than destroying a target, can disable it for later capture. The cannons have a computer-assisted auto fire feature, so don't forget that when you're in the heat of battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Recoome posted:

The Y-Wing is the workhorse of the Rebel fleet. It's not quick or flashy, but it gets the job done. The armour on this ship is extensive, and the shields will protect you from just about anything, which is good, because you won't be going anywhere fast. The Y-Wing is used mainly as a bomber, because it can carry a heavy payload of missiles, torpedoes, and bombs. The other important weapon is the topside Ion cannon, which rather than destroying a target, can disable it for later capture. The cannons have a computer-assisted auto fire feature, so don't forget that when you're in the heat of battle.

God I love that game.

(source your quotes)