Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Frank's disagreement with that dude having a heart attack was the best thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Vagines and their appropriate length

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

God the forums were such a clusterfuck. I miss Disagreegate.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Oh my God I forgot about that holy gently caress

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

HebrewMagic posted:

Y'all what were your favorite antics surrounding this game, I'm telling the story of this poo poo to my partner and it's frankly hard to remember it all

I forget did Hank Pym send death threats on top of being obsessed with Wasp or was it just the creepy obsession

the death threat was one of the P3 guys and it was done in the style of a fanfic of shooting up the gaz office as the punisher so it went unpunished iirc

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
we never did get to drive that van...

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Gotta work on your pickup lines dude

you gotta neg em first

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Oh yeah, there were also the Majik threads.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

xenusparqadox shooting up the gaz offices

xenusparadox stalking an at-risk teen and getting fired and posting about it

frank castle moonlighting as a nightclub piano player

everything leowylde said and did

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the best thing that happened was goons accidentally learning how to crash server instances on demand and then me having a meltdown about people potentially getting banned for doing it and trying to play damage control, since we had been on really good terms with the devs up until that point. boon parties were great

disney<whatever> letting you bypass the word filter, stayed in for literally years before they fixed it. disneyfuck forever

also i just found this old gif and wanted to share it

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 3, 2018

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Ghostlight posted:

Oh yeah, there were also the Majik threads.

Every female character/partially revealing costume release was an absolute nightmare but Magik was probably the worst imo

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

also anyone with hair

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Kelp Plankton posted:

also i just found this old gif and wanted to share it

BEHOLD MY CREATIONS

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I still had boon time when the game died.

Ain't no party like a boon party cuz a boon party don't stop. :gaz:

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
My favorite part was a gift that would last forever - spinal damage. Thanks ICR for convincing me to cosmic today!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

a big fat bunny posted:

BEHOLD MY CREATIONS

I'll show you why I'm called Mr Fantastic!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Never forget.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

My only cosmic was Taskmaster and I regret nothing, because I am self-aware enough to know that I would've wasted those hours anyway.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Gaz did a stream where they ate hot dogs lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

godface zillah posted:

Gaz did a stream where they ate hot dogs lol

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lol

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

changing every stat to a 100% uptime proc because it was easier on the servers lmao

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

This game may be dead and gone but I think that we were the real marvel heroes all along.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I'll miss Carnage squealing at everyone in his thick as tar accent that he was ON THE SIDE OF THE AAAANGELS NOW

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I also told my partner about Juggy having the line "I'm on a roll, and not like my step brother Chuck!" and I think that was the first time I've actually seen someone's jaw drop

:itjb:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
It's crazy there aren't any good Marvel PC games given how hot that IP is right now. I like MUA I and II, but those games are 9+ years old. I guess all the cash is in mobile games now. And I don't want to buy a PS4 just to play a Spider-Man game.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Then buy a PS4 for Yakuza and consider Spider-man a bonus

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

an adult beverage posted:

It's crazy there aren't any good Marvel PC games given how hot that IP is right now. I like MUA I and II, but those games are 9+ years old. I guess all the cash is in mobile games now. And I don't want to buy a PS4 just to play a Spider-Man game.

i think they like to get the license before they start developing a game, and gaz were basically cybersquatting, both in the sense that they were sitting on the license and doing nothing, and in the sense that they squatted down and took a poo poo directly onto their keyboard

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
PS4 is lit as gently caress right now, definitely buy one.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

punchymcpunch posted:

i think they like to get the license before they start developing a game, and gaz were basically cybersquatting, both in the sense that they were sitting on the license and doing nothing, and in the sense that they squatted down and took a poo poo directly onto their keyboard

A fat, semisolid turd landing on a keyboard would certainly explain away quite a few of the things we saw go live

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i miss this game i always had fun firing it up and playing for a few days after seeing the latest marvel movie

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Get a switch so you can play Skyrim.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Grinning Goblin posted:

Frank's disagreement with that dude having a heart attack was the best thing.

The power of a click.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

HebrewMagic posted:

I also told my partner about Juggy having the line "I'm on a roll, and not like my step brother Chuck!" and I think that was the first time I've actually seen someone's jaw drop

:itjb:

dont forget symbiote spidey's super nasty-tone when he says "Hey Frank, how's the family?"

always a crowd-pleaser

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

dont forget symbiote spidey's super nasty-tone when he says "Hey Frank, how's the family?"

always a crowd-pleaser

I actually forgot that one. Yikes Peter, read the loving room.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

always a crowd-pleaser

Stuff like that is why everyone wanted Symbiote Spidey to go on wide release.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
It was all about Silver Surfer admonishing Punisher's lack of perspective for being such a mess over the death of a couple people, when Surfer has seen entire systems wiped out. Also dashing into people's faces with a surfboard and yelling "I DO THIS OUT OF COMPASSION!" like an abusive priest.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

my personal favorite line of dialogue was Storm, when her inventory was full and you tried to pick up another item. she would give a dramatic sigh and say something like "my life is cluttered with material possessions" in that weird dramatic way she always said everything in the 90s cartoon

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Everyone whose favorite voice line response isn't nut facts is a seriously broken individual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I loved nut facts so much

I also loved Doom's "Another trinket for the pile"