Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

il-landier posted:

Is Caligula Effect worth getting on sale?
I enjoyed the gameplay quite a bit, it's a nice take on free positioning + simultaneous realtime + turn-based tactics. The only real complaint i would have is the fps, but since it doesn't require reflexes that's not so much of an issue. Sadly most of the complaints focus on the fps instead of the actual gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I just got a memory card warning on my Vita after a few years of intermittent use. A few downloads such as my PS1 games were missing too.

Since this is the second time I’ve had a problem with a card, what should I do to prepare myself for the end. How do I keep my saves from disappearing for good? Is there any good memory card option? I’m not going to buy a third memory card since it will probably break too.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
If you have PS Plus, check whether the save data for each game is backed up to the cloud - by far the easiest way to recover.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only way to back up saves is either to PS+ cloud storage or copy the whole game to either PS3 or PC.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I know downloading imports requires annoying account shenanigans, but will a physical copy of a JP vita game work as is?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cake Attack posted:

I know downloading imports requires annoying account shenanigans, but will a physical copy of a JP vita game work as is?

Yes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

Yup, you just plug in it and go. I played through Ys VIII in JP that way.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmm DLC has to match the region though, right? so if you want the DLC you'd have to do the account shenanigans?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Correct. It's why I was glad I bought a couple pstvs when they were dirt cheap since I just slapped all my Japanese stuff onto that so I wouldn't have to do the reformat switcheroo constantly. It's not hard to do, it's just a pain to swap between them.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
As an IA/VT player, can confirm DLC requires a japanese account.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hm i ordered the ps4 version of dancing to avoid the account switching but it does occur to me that i have a pstv sitting around too

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

hmm DLC has to match the region though, right? so if you want the DLC you'd have to do the account shenanigans?
Right. Regular game updates work though.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

The only way to back up saves is either to PS+ cloud storage or copy the whole game to either PS3 or PC.

I don’t have PS+ because I don’t have much time for games. This problem really bummed me out since it’s the second time and so have some lengthy Vita games I’d like to finish and it deletes saves like all my Final Fantasy ones.

So, backup to my computer every so often then?

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
I bought FFVII, so I will finally be able to say I've played it.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I just did that and now all my saves have been wiped up by my lovely Vita memory card. Wish I backed them up.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
As "the guy who bought Conception II" I am legally obligated to inform the Vita thread of the existence of this anime.

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/992578753430614018

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Punchline is happening, folks.

https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/992403696855248896

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't punchline come out 4 years ago.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

In Training posted:

Didn't punchline come out 4 years ago.

Not in English? A bit confused here.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the vn is an adaptation of the anime with like twice as much content and alternate endings and it came out in japan like two years ago

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I've been wanting the Punchline VN to get a localization, I am pretty much always up for more Uchikoshi.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that's a Vita game alright

general chaos
May 20, 2001
Any recommendations on cases and screen protectors for the original OLED 1000 model? It's going to bang around a loaded backpack for some air travel.

Choices are kind of limited on Amazon at this point.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Good job tricking me into watching that trailer, I guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What thread did you think you were in?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The anime sucked rear end so I have no interested in a VN addendum.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The anime was good and I'll buy the VN

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Conception 2 filled the gap, kinda, during other better games coming out as you male classmated.

No idea where I was going with this.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Picked up both Demon's Gaze and Stranger, couple questions:

Guess I need to grind right at the start?
Are there supposed to be level 17 enemies dropping in M.o.Metal after the tutorial? Cause gently caress.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

In Training posted:

The anime sucked rear end so I have no interested in a VN addendum.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Anora posted:

Are there supposed to be level 17 enemies dropping in M.o.Metal after the tutorial? Cause gently caress.

Higher levels mostly mean more HP dice to throw around for the RNG. Also HP ranges tend to be quite big, some small level 3 monster in a low tier can luck out and take more punishment than a level 10 one.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Anora posted:

SoSC is pretty mean compared to Demon Gaze so I'd recommend playing DG first. But basically your characters are weak as poo poo at the moment so don't push your luck. Avoid the faerie monsters, they have magic that can annihilate your back row if they decide to be assholes. I'd also recommend running away from any undead in the basement floor as they're rude as poo poo for a first dungeon monster. Grinding some ambush points isn't a terrible idea until you're about 4-5ish and it should honestly be the last time you need to go out of your way to grind. The difficulty curve in most Exp Inc games tends to be difficult at the start but once classes open up or you figure out what's the M.O. in breaking the game over your knee it's smooth sailing.

Also if you're not too far into the game I'd recommend rolling your casters as archers first so you get access to ranged weapons early and they have something to do instead of defend if you don't want to waste their precious mana early.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 5, 2018

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

WTF is Ray Gigant? Apparently he was big in Japan?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

il-landier posted:

Is Caligula Effect worth getting on sale?

I had some decent fun with it. The battle system is based on combos and counters, and some characters are based almost entirely on whether you can knock enemies down or up in the air, so you need more forethought than many other RPGs. Camera controls are a pain in the rear end and the subquests are seriously annoying, but it kept me playing longer than I expected.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dehry posted:

As "the guy who bought Conception II" I am legally obligated to inform the Vita thread of the existence of this anime.

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/992578753430614018

Christ, who is this even for?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Christ, who is this even for?

Dehry posted:

As "the guy who bought Conception II"

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I thought it was an okay dungeon crawler except for the baby making scenes and the costumes.

... :o

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I get the feeling it's a prelude to a PS4/Vita port of the first game, which was never released in the west. Why else would some random PSP game get an anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I've read up on Ray Gigant, and it seems to be equal parts dungeon crawler and VN, with really linear dungeon system, no random fights, and a pre-set party at all points of the story.
Doesn't seem like it goes well with... pretty much anything you expect to do in a Wizardry-like.