Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Zuul the Cat posted:

These look really good dude. I need to paint mine up soon so I can play against my friend.
Thanks! This past weekend saw a fun milestone for me - it was the first time I'd hosted a Chain of Command game where a) all of the figures were mine, and b) they were all painted. As soon as I finish the last section of these Brits, I'll start in on the Italians I took off fellow Goon muggins. That'll give me two Axis and two Allied forces, which will let me do "Big Chain of Command" games (as well as put actions in Sicily and Italy into my repertoire).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Cross posting

Pendent posted:

Looks like the thread still needs some salvaging so I guess I’ll post my own Blood Angels. This is my progress so far in 2018 with a few models that I had painted before but have cleaned up this year.

Yes, I have a very poor lighting setup.

I also tore apart my poorly assembled Sicaran and have put it back together (mostly) gap free and have started working on its new color scheme

E: hosed up formatting. Posting like this on a phone is a pain.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Some good progress today. Finally finished the Sherman regular/firefly assembly I started this week. The kit doesn't come with the parts to make both turrets so I had to use apoxiesculpt. Very happy with the result though.

Then did the priming and basecoat on the Sherman and Lee/Grant. The camouflage was the first time I've tried doing detail work with the airbrush and it went surprisingly smoothly, despite using thinned down citadel paint and the stock needle patriot.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I just Agrellan Earthed 55 Bloodreavers.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Just finished assembling these jerks.

Because I'm weak willed and impulse bought into another wargame.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Floppychop posted:

Just finished assembling these jerks.

Because I'm weak willed and impulse bought into another wargame.

Could you put a (GW) Cadian or a Marine next to these bois? I'm always trying to add to my "What size and scale are (x) compared to 40k?" collection.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Could you put a (GW) Cadian or a Marine next to these bois? I'm always trying to add to my "What size and scale are (x) compared to 40k?" collection.

Not quite the same, but my impression was that they were significantly bigger than GW scale. Slightly less than primaris sized. But that was just a quick look and my poo poo memory.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Yeah they're a bit bigger than say cadians.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

They are a bit bigger than GW scale, but not by a whole lot.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Floppychop posted:

They are a bit bigger than GW scale, but not by a whole lot.

Thank you!

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Not quite yet painting but I glued together and then hacked apart some ez-build big bois this afternoon to get a head start on my deathwatch primaris.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Finally completed these fellas for my 40k CSM Tzeentch force.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I blew out the highlights a little on the T-72 and am going for a cleaner look with the Sherman.

No idea what detailing I'm going to do, need to figure that out next.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
First squad done:

5 more to go :shepicide:

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nice mans.
What did you do with the bases? Technical paint and glue them straight on or, do you put a little bit of card or greenstuff beneath their feet first?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
The former. Can take a few tries to find good places to stick them though.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I'm painting my apartment. Does that count?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

There was a video poasted here about making a paint rack out of cardboard. Does anyone have that?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

There was a video poasted here about making a paint rack out of cardboard. Does anyone have that?

I posted it originally, here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdlcgcNVrkE

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

:respek:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Got the first of my two Archons painted ahead of LGT:

5 Hellions are almost done also. This scheme is disgustingly quick to paint.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Took a break from endless Imperial Guard, and I'm finding that the old, metal Dark Eldar are some of the most underrated figures in GW's line.

They're heroic scale as heck, but the aesthetic belongs on some 70s prog-metal album cover.

Smegbot
Jul 13, 2006

Mon the Biffy!
Painted this guy in a day during the week to get him tournament ready:

Didn't quite get the full army done in time (just too many dudes...) but super happy with my progress nonetheless.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Today’s progress: assembled, primed and washed 6 Allarus Custodians and 5 Wardens.

Fun times!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zuul have you changed army again

Got 5 more Hellions finished off this morning, that makes up a full mob of 20 painted:

I originally bought these back in 2011 and never got around to them since I was bored of my Dark Eldar by then and in any case I was sort of out of the game. Glad to get back and finish them off. Technically I have 2 more sitting around which will eventually become Beastmasters, but who knows when that will be?

We're down to a Succubus, an Archon, a Venom and a Voidraven before LGT. Should be finished with a week to spare.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Corrode posted:

Got 5 more Hellions finished off this morning, that makes up a full mob of 20 painted:

I originally bought these back in 2011 and never got around to them since I was bored of my Dark Eldar by then and in any case I was sort of out of the game. Glad to get back and finish them off. Technically I have 2 more sitting around which will eventually become Beastmasters, but who knows when that will be?

We're down to a Succubus, an Archon, a Venom and a Voidraven before LGT. Should be finished with a week to spare.

I love the blue patterns; they look super rad!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I've been working on my Tartaros Terminators.

They're coming along pretty nicely, and I'm excited to finally put them on the table.

I've made a commitment to myself to only play with painted models, and while I don't get to play as much, it's a lot more rewarding when I do.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

Not changed, just expanded my Custodes. I had Trajan and 6 Vertus Praetors, so I decided to get more stuff for them.

I did sell off my AdMech though.

Your DE are looking good dude. The blue is nice touch on them.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endman posted:

I've been working on my Tartaros Terminators.

They're coming along pretty nicely, and I'm excited to finally put them on the table.

I've made a commitment to myself to only play with painted models, and while I don't get to play as much, it's a lot more rewarding when I do.

These termies are so drat sharp, really nice work dude!

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Some progress with my Chaos Lord in Terminator armor and Dark Apostle conversions.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Not often I finish a project, but recently completed my Necromunda Orlock gang.

There's a little difference in size and armour style, but the old ones fit surprisingly well with the new ones. Going to paint a few more now they have new weapon options.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Galaspar posted:

Not often I finish a project, but recently completed my Necromunda Orlock gang.

There's a little difference in size and armour style, but the old ones fit surprisingly well with the new ones. Going to paint a few more now they have new weapon options.

I like how the old juves look like literal child soldiers next to the new gangers.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
My speed painted 20 minutes or less Drukhari Sybarite to test if this scheme works for absolute speedpainting:

Let's see how he looks tomorrow!

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I'm having a ton of fun painting, which I never thought would be true. I hated this so much last time I was into Warhammer.

Also, I accidentally made my Space Marine color scheme "Mega Man 1 Box Art", which I'm OK with.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
Glad you’re having fun, because your MegaMarines are great.

I’m finally getting some free time and what isn’t going to Battletech has been me trying to clean up the entire Betrayal at Calth box. So many sprues.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Trying out a drybrush thing for the cloaks on this batch of 10 Skitarii. Really like how it comes out.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Duct Tape posted:

Trying out a drybrush thing for the cloaks on this batch of 10 Skitarii. Really like how it comes out.

Looks like worn leather. I like it.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I decided to take a break from painting ww2 mans and paint a ww2 tank. It's coming along pretty well. I did all of the base coating and most of the weathering. I need to black out the other track (only finished one so far), then it's on to edge highlighting road wheels and drybrushing tracks. It's surprising how quickly these go once you really get to work on them.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Duct Tape posted:

I have a lot of success hitting leather with a wash. Something like a sepia might make it even warmer, but regardless that looks amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Duct Tape posted:

This is a really great look for Skitarii.