Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Accusing someone of liking Anime is a charge most heinous, and I will defend you my wrongly opinioned on most things Canadian brethren.

I will not allow the Coward Wirth1000 to assassinate your character thusly.

Discord is mostly 1500 bitching about his kart/horrible car purchases and wirth mostly talking about his crunchyroll premium account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is crunchyroll an animist service?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This has gone too far. I know we like to joke around here, but to accuse a fellow poster of liking anime is simply despicable. He may not be your friend, but you can at least treat him with basic human kindness.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is crunchyroll an animist service?

Who knows. Wirth seems to.

Also in your opinion how hosed is my main bearing lol

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Goondolences on your bearings. Mine are fine. I'm currently dealing with a major issue with my engine starting method when running the bike on the dyno because there is no kicker and it can't be bump started. I had a cordless drill starter but for reasons I don't understand my new top end + pipe have made starting more difficult and the drill has been disassembling itself while trying to start (running counterclockwise) and since I fixed that the flywheel nut on the bike has been unscrewing itself despite being torqued to 50Nm. So I'm currently unable to tune the carb to the new top end or adjust my homemade ignition computer advance curve. And first race in like 2 weeks.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That's better off than I am. The first race is in two days.

Gonna try breaking her in tomorrow, I figure it's either hosed or its hosed so I may as well find out if I pushed the case into the bearing the exciting way.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Rebuilding a motor 2 days before the season opener is a very garagista thing to do, friend

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Hey worst thread, can I ask a huge favor of you guys?

Keep any of the 6hr's of Spa WEC discussion to the General Motorsport thread? Won't get a chance to watch the race live and it was always a pain having the Formula E races spoiled in this thread.

I look forward to you all ignoring this and posting the race results now.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I enjoyed your joke about a hypothetical Formula E fan being offended at having the Formula E race results spoiled for him

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

To be fair, this was during the first and second seasons. Now I couldn't a give a poo poo about it.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Anime is cool.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

hahahaha y'all are silly

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I enjoyed your joke about a hypothetical Formula E fan being offended at having the Formula E race results spoiled for him

double lol

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
k

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

Wirth1000 posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you.

This is a truly heinous act of libel against my friend 1500quidporsche. What self-respecting kart racer would stoop to building a simulation rig, let alone one made with Fanatec gear.

Edit: At least I think that's what inside that pile of boxes in that super blurry photo. I see the words "ClubSport" anyway.

McGuinty fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 5, 2018

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Don't doxx TFAB pls

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FP3 is in 9 minutes for MotoGP. Hoping for a strong showing from the lads at KTM

I was wrong it's Moto3. Still hoping for a good showing from the KTM lads irregardless

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 07:59 on May 5, 2018

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I am going hiking for a week and will largely be out of posting range. Enjoy it while it lasts. DO NOT LET THE TIFOSI TAKE OVER. Theophany is in charge of Alonso posting.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I am going hiking for a week and will largely be out of posting range. Enjoy it while it lasts. DO NOT LET THE TIFOSI TAKE OVER. Theophany is in charge of Alonso posting.

I'm totally going to make a hash of this, but I've got my WEC stream ready and I am not taking my meds in case I need to meltdown because Alonso doesn't win.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Pls don't post pics of my Friday night.

Theophany posted:

I'm totally going to make a hash of this, but I've got my WEC stream ready and I am not taking my meds in case I need to meltdown because Alonso doesn't win.

I'm about to make a run to the fancy beer shop in town so I can self-medicate when Toyota trip over their own feet again and cost Alonso a win. :toot:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Information for UK goons

“If you’ve got Sky, Virgin or FreeSat, you’ll be able to watch the race on Saturday for free on Motors.TV. You can find Motors.TV on Sky on channel 447, on Virgin on channel 545 and on Freesat at 253.”

Edit: Sky Q have it on channel 429.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In how many hours / minutes is the WEC race?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

In how many hours / minutes is the WEC race?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Worst thread has already been on a day trip to the misc. thread so anyone who is watching is in there

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847210&pagenumber=19#lastpost

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Pastor Maldanado is currently leading at Spa fml

simble
May 11, 2004

Formula E is the anime of motorsport.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's 2018 and you still can't officially stream Motors TV.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you.

1500, the main bearing can't be that bad that you went out and got sim stuff.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 5, 2018

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

GramCracker posted:

1500, the main bearing can't be that bad that you went out and got sim stuff.

McGuinty posted:

This is a truly heinous act of libel against my friend 1500quidporsche. What self-respecting kart racer would stoop to building a simulation rig, let alone one made with Fanatec gear.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Proof that Carlos Sainz Jr. is overrated as all hell.

quote:

What should F1 engines be like in the future? David Brown, UK

Louder and also cheaper. If there's one thing with these engines nowadays it's how much they cost. But I wouldn't want to go back too many years in technology. I liked the idea of KERS, where the driver had a button to give the possibility of overtaking. Nowadays it's all in the pedal.

I have never seen a racing driver--- in any series--actually WANT some stupid push-to-pass button. Always advocates of "let's simplify stuff and put it all down to the pedal" instead of "it's just hte pedal bleh just give me some push-to-pass button".

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he should drive in indy, they have a pee pee button there

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Edit: Oops

:gizz:

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 5, 2018

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

freeranger posted:

Hey worst thread, can I ask a huge favor of you guys?

Keep any of the 6hr's of Spa WEC discussion to the General Motorsport thread? Won't get a chance to watch the race live and it was always a pain having the Formula E races spoiled in this thread.

I look forward to you all ignoring this and posting the race results now.

lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Didn't see that

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R_m9Oy2t4Y

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

How can I watch Super GT in the US? It seems like a neat series.

Is it basically just :filez: ?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Cactrot posted:

How can I watch Super GT in the US? It seems like a neat series.

Is it basically just :filez: ?

Nah, NismoTV streams it officially/legitimately on their youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSd9MXLM4jw

They have the entire fuji race up it's 4 hours long. Doubt you'll ever catch one live cause, I mean, it's Superior Japan Time vs whatever the heck timezone you're in.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Wow Button is so bad he got beat by Heikki 'Fast Heikki' Kovalainen

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

fuckin' lol, if it squeals like a pig and looks like a pig then it almost certainly is a loving pig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

I naturally freaked out that Liberty wants to implement a draft for F1 which would get shut down pretty hard pretty fast and doesn't make sense for a 2-driver team sport.

It's actually fine. They just wanna implement like a festival over the off season. Frankly, I'd say give more test days and televise them and sell them and poo poo. Make the test days a chance to see the drivers and new cars before the season start. Subsidize the broke-rear end teams so they can participate at some level, too.