Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Battletech is invading every other thread I'm in and it's not because I'm doing it for once. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Strobe posted:

Battletech is invading every other thread I'm in and it's not because I'm doing it for once. :allears:

Truly an amazing time to be alive as a MechGoon.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Raphus C posted:

Spent the morning gluing circa 650 rivets onto my Morkanaut having last night cut a 1mm rod into said rivets.

The weapons and KFF are magnetised and the arms can be posed. Now to finish the base and get it painted.

drat son. That’s really cool.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Holy poo poo it's PaintVagrant! Still enjoying my armies man, thanks for the work you put into 'em all those years ago. Cheers.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Why did goose stop posting

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the prodigal son

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

goose willis posted:

Please tell us so we can implement corrective measures.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

You have returned in our time of need. Save us from the skeletits. :goose:

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

chutche2 posted:

Why are people talking about skeleton tits in here

Nerds it’s what they we do

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
I missed the drat preorder on the store birthday Primaris man because of dumb work. If there’s any Goons near a store in the US with a preorder coming up that’d be willing to grab and mail one, shoot me a message.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

If you want to keep talking about that one model to hog wild, I'l probably respond because I'm not a fan of people throwing in dumb post-argument snipes after the topic's been dropped.

You did not address the thread consensus that you’re loud and stupid.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

adamantium|wang posted:

Aww yiss, love an equal-opportunity Archon.

My Kabal will murder any and all, regardless of colour or creed

Smegbot
Jul 13, 2006

Mon the Biffy!
Played in my first tournament today, a friendly work one. Highlights include blowing up an enemy Stormsurge with a hero Devilfish, Breachers shotgunning a bunch of charging Scions to death and losing so badly to Death Guard that the kill points I gave away let my opponent win the tie-breaker for overall tournament victory.

Here's a picture of Mortarion just before he ate a large chunk of my army:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Battletech has been out for a week and I am pretty sure I played it for more than I ever played SC. Certainly more than I had fun playing SC.

Now just make a 40k turn based so we can all quit spending all this money

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

WhiteWolf123 posted:

Holy poo poo it's PaintVagrant! Still enjoying my armies man, thanks for the work you put into 'em all those years ago. Cheers.

Awesome! :hfive:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm playing a 3v3 game against some randos at my local store and just noticed one of the guys on the other team has a proud boy tattoo lmao

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

TheBigAristotle posted:

Now just make a 40k turn based so we can all quit spending all this money

Given making custom characters is both infinitely harder in games and you're the only one who can appreciate it I really must disagree.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Raphus C posted:

Spent the morning gluing circa 650 rivets onto my Morkanaut having last night cut a 1mm rod into said rivets.

The weapons and KFF are magnetised and the arms can be posed. Now to finish the base and get it painted.

This is phenomenal. How long has gone into it so far?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'm playing a 3v3 game against some randos at my local store and just noticed one of the guys on the other team has a proud boy tattoo lmao

Knock something expensive from his army off the table.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheBigAristotle posted:

Come on to him. If he objects, explain that you just assumed from his tattoo. If he tries to explain what the Proud Boys are, just keep interjecting, "yeah, the gay group, I know"

edit: and if he doesn't object, that could end well too.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Question re: charge phase and the Custodian Stooping Dive stratagem-

If my opponent uses a Mind Worm ability on the unit during his psychic phase, would that override the "fight first" modifier in the counter-charge ability contained within stooping dive?

I want to say it applies through out his entire turn, but would the stratagem take precedent in a non rules as written way?

Also Praetors do serious work. I lost 4 out of 10 charging into CC but the survivors took apart 800/1000pts of his Dark Angels plasma ball. Only thing left standing was azrael and a single scout. I got wiped, but for a full 6ft table length with no cover, it was a pretty excellent exchange l.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Alternatively, just ask him if that's a proud boy tattoo, and if he says yes pack up and walk away like you would if he had the courage to have a swastika tat.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Ask him to try and tear a piece of paper in half. Laugh when he has a mental breakdown.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
drawing only from context of the posts here, are proud boys some kind of homophobic chav skinhead group?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

drawing only from context of the posts here, are proud boys some kind of homophobic chav skinhead group?

Yes, but they're extremely weird.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proud_Boys

Start shouting cereal names at him.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Okay, so the co-founder of Vice founded a group of channer nerds who don't jerk off and aren't allowed to talk to girls. They go to fash parades and get dunked on by Antifa while pretending they're totally badass.

They're also defeated by cardboard signs.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

The Mountain Dew of neo-nazis.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

TTerrible posted:

Like all alt-right nerds, they're desperate to be taken seriously as hardmen, except their idea of what that means includes calling themselves poo poo like "Augustus Sol Invictus" and losing fights to antifa

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

Okay, so the co-founder of Vice founded a group of channer nerds who don't jerk off and aren't allowed to talk to girls. They go to fash parades and get dunked on by Antifa while pretending they're totally badass.

I can't find a youtube copy of it, so a facebook link will have to do.
https://www.facebook.com/RevNews/videos/1047984252021803/

Corrode posted:

Like all alt-right nerds, they're desperate to be taken seriously as hardmen, except their idea of what that means includes calling themselves poo poo like "Augustus Sol Invictus" and losing fights to antifasigns

ftfy

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SteelMentor posted:

Their name comes from a song from the stage musical version of Disney's Mulan

They don't wipe their butts after they poop because touching your own butthole is gay

Even the guy who founded them has distanced himself from them because the Proud Boys are so embarassing

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

They can technically jerk it, but only within a certain radius to the nearest woman. Unfortunately for the largely home- bound population, that's a family member.
Source: a coworker is the proudest boy

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
lmbo call themselves the alt-knights, claim to not be alt-right :downs:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Proud Boys would be the Genestealer Cultists even the others don't want to associate with, 'Nids carefully filter out their failson DNA come the devouring.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

the ymgarl genestealers if they were total garbage on the tabletop

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Knock something expensive from his army off the table.

He brought Mortarian and it looked like he had some real trouble glueing it together. Which I guess doesn't matter so much with Nurgle.

But he was very mad when we killed him, he could barely contain it. He apparently works the graveyard shift at Wegmans

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Sounds like a awful lot of Heresy in this thread...

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

Come on to him. If he objects, explain that you just assumed from his tattoo. If he tries to explain what the Proud Boys are, just keep interjecting, "yeah, the gay group, I know"

edit: and if he doesn't object, that could end well too.

I thought about being like "dude, I'm gay" after the 10th time he called a bad roll for him gay

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

But he was very mad when we killed him, he could barely contain it. He apparently works the graveyard shift at Wegmans

This is perfect.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

PaintVagrant posted:

drat son. That’s really cool.

Sanford posted:

This is phenomenal. How long has gone into it so far?

Thank ye. I would estimate that I have spent a week working on it on and off as I jumped in with minimal planning. More people need to post conversions of this model as there were no ideas I could steal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

TTerrible posted:

I learn something new every day and really wish I didn’t.