Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

CheeseFactory posted:

His opinions are generally good and he articulates himself well. Plus he's been around since the very start about a couple of years before the game came out.

And that

Fair points, i concede to being wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Roman posted:

No real new info except for a shot of one of the level 7 waves at 0:50
EDIT: and new Sunshot ornament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZen51jMu6Y

Man that's one fuckin' big knight or something.

:thunk:

The more videos I see of this public event, the more fun it looks. I feel like PVE-lurking Mars to farm it is gonna be another activity I'll enjoy.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Roman posted:

Found out it's called the Polaris Lance. It's Ana Bray's scout rifle and the perk is that if you get 3 precision shots, the 5th is a delayed explosive solar round.
That sounds kind of underwhelming. Good thing none of this matters come September! :suicide:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzxEbWvDqqY&t=165s
Video of the Ps4 exclusive strike with footage of Suros Regime returned, Polaris Lance (which looks sick af)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Datto could cut 5 minutes from every video and they would all be better, and after all this time he still “uh, Umsss” a lot for someone who does this professionally compared to other streamers I enjoy

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Quantum Shart posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzxEbWvDqqY&t=165s
Video of the Ps4 exclusive strike with footage of Suros Regime returned, Polaris Lance (which looks sick af)

That's a big-rear end Psion.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

oh errr also

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Waffle House posted:

oh errr also

Not empty quoting.

Also, as a titan player it will honestly be refreshing to use my bubble again. It used to be so so good in 6v6 crucible with goons and saint-14.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Not empty quoting.

Also, as a titan player it will honestly be refreshing to use my bubble again. It used to be so so good in 6v6 crucible with goons and saint-14.

Bubble/Saint-14 is insanely fun for holding B on Altar of Flame, especially if someone with a tether can pop it on the floor inside when someone comes Stormcallin'

e:

lol
https://twitter.com/sharkeatsman/status/992528790831034369

lol
https://twitter.com/sharkeatsman/status/992587774355161088

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 5, 2018

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

SlimGoodbody posted:

Replace everyone everywhere with Tei tbh, but why do people seem to hate Datto so much? He appears to me to be an innocuous enough video game nerd. He even shares the related interest of being highkey disappointed with Destiny, yet totally unable to walk away from it like that rest of us braingeniou-

Oh, oh wait, I see. It's the revulsion of self recognition

I don't hate him but he said 4v4 is better than 6v6 and I really hope that Bungie didn't listen to him.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
When the devs were streaming their reasons for going down from 6 to 4, the chief example they had was “like you’re on the map and you’re skirmishing 6v5 and then boom you get sniped from across the map, that doesn’t feel fun...”

Like no dude that feels like you lack game sense and positioning... isn’t this your loving job?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing stops D2 6v6 from being fun, and its fine to like it more, but the balance and weapon slots and all serve 4s far better. Maybe the slot changes and such will better for 6s, which I anticipate is a big part of their goals.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

SUNKOS posted:

I don't hate him but he said 4v4 is better than 6v6 and I really hope that Bungie didn't listen to him.

Yeah that was completely retarded. Ignore everything he has to say about PvP

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

When the devs were streaming their reasons for going down from 6 to 4, the chief example they had was “like you’re on the map and you’re skirmishing 6v5 and then boom you get sniped from across the map, that doesn’t feel fun...”

Like no dude that feels like you lack game sense and positioning... isn’t this your loving job?

Its fun for the guy landing the headshot and i think thats what bungie lacks...

...people who are actually decent at the game making decisions

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

But as a casual filthy 1.8 Kda tier scrub, 6v6 is objectively better because I can spray my guns and throw my grenades and have a higher chance of randomly hitting people, thus getting more kill credits. It’s literally that simple.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
"6v6 is casual, only 3v3 is hardcore"
:goonsay:

(Meanwhile IRL Football is 11v11 and Overwatch League is 6v6)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Up - Salute emote :patriot:
Left - Dawning Giving emote, probably
Down - just keep Sit? Maybe Selfie? Or Laugh?
Right - Gallop, perhaps? Dancey Dance?

I just don't know, guys.

What I do know, I'm ready to bend over on Mars and take a big rear end worm up my butt.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah that was completely retarded. Ignore everything he has to say about PvP

Agreed. 6v6 is so much better it's ridiculous, 4v4 was a terrible idea from the start.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Datto had a point to make about current 6v6 being pretty unwieldy. Teamshotting is as prevalent as ever and Power Ammo is pretty overboard in Iron Banner right now. Neither current 6v6 or current 4v4 are better than D1 6v6, which in and of itself was pretty drat flawed all throughout D1's lifespan in various different ways.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

cvnvcnv posted:

I'm trying to plan out my emote wheel so I don't spend hours looking at the menu like the nuclear retard that I am.

Up - Salute emote :patriot:
Left - Dawning Giving emote, probably
Down - just keep Sit? Maybe Selfie? Or Laugh?
Right - Gallop, perhaps? Dancey Dance?

I just don't know, guys.

What I do know, I'm ready to bend over on Mars and take a big rear end worm up my butt.

U goatse.cx
D goatse.cx
L goatse.cx
R goatse.cx

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

cvnvcnv posted:

4v4 right now is better than 6v6, no doubt.

Nothing stops D2 6v6 from being fun, and its fine to like it more, but the balance and weapon slots and all serve 4s far better. Maybe the slot changes and such will better for 6s, which I anticipate is a big part of their goals.

God Damnit I can't tell if you're being serious

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

PathAsc posted:

U goatse.cx
D goatse.cx
L goatse.cx
R goatse.cx

If they add that, I'll spend money at the eververse.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

el B posted:

God Damnit I can't tell if you're being serious

Completely serious :colbert:

I enjoy 6s more than 4s but feel like the issues with the weapons slots and ability tuning are exacerbated by 6s. It's not like, "4s rule! 6s drool!" or anything but I just feel like things as is in 1.1.4 make 4s a more cohesive mode, all said and done. Not so much that I think it will taken until even September for that to change, 1.2.0 could flip that switch easily with Exotics being made exotic. Plus new Legendary weapons and perks, anything that helps indivudal players and loadouts breakout and be able to Lone Wolf a little better, all the better for 6s.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

:negative:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I finally got a loving nightfall thing

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

cvnvcnv posted:

6s Rift is my one true wish.

:negative:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

drat that thing looks badass.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Too bad the bayonet is guaranteed to be entirely decorative. I'd love of they used a stabby animation with it when you melee while holding it, like how The Last Word got some unique animations.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

SlimGoodbody posted:

Too bad the bayonet is guaranteed to be entirely decorative. I'd love of they used a stabby animation with it when you melee while holding it, like how The Last Word got some unique animations.

Big ask from the company that takes 12 hours to move a bush.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

CheeseFactory posted:

Big ask from the company that takes 12 hours to move a bush.

Hey man it’s only 2 hours now, things are better

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

4v4 sucks a big ol fat wang.

If you think 6v6 has heavy ammo prevalency problems, imo just remove the initial "Rush" heavy brick in the center of the map, and then the pair of bricks that drop on sides A and C opposite each other on like every map +10 seconds after that.

You really don't need to START 6v6 rounds with heavy, ALTHOUGH I kind of like the ONE initial Rush Center brick because it gives people something to rush for that isn't B Flag.

Does Shaxx even still have a voice line indicating that Heavy Ammo is about to drop to cue people up for it? Or are heavy spawns so frequent in 6v6 that it'd be annoying?

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 6, 2018

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Nah no sound bite for it. I liked that in D1

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

"OH HOHOHO, LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE!"

Shaxx is the best npc

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

CheeseFactory posted:

Nah no sound bite for it. I liked that in D1

I think that's part of why heavy feels cheap right now. The pacing in 6v6 for its droppage used to be slower, but now it's a little more mayhem-ish since it pops every like 45 seconds. I could see people feeling like 6v6 is mayhem-ish, and like there isn't much distinction in pacing other than the obvious ability cooldowns, thus.

In D1, Shaxx hollering HEY, HEAVY'S ABOUT TO DROP FYI always got me goingcon muy rapido, and some of my favorite multikills were made crashing the opposing team's heavy ammo camping party with my super.

Ammo count on heavy guns themselves IMHO is good, and I like how you get only the "scraps" of a brick someone else picked up when you kill them.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 6, 2018

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

So when are they going to replace Saladin's boring rear end for IB commentary?
And also stop blasting the victory music 3 minutes before the match is over.

puking pentagrams
May 6, 2017

I liked Saladin pre rise of iron. he was cool and mysterious, now he’s lame.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

puking pentagrams posted:

I liked Saladin pre rise of iron. he was cool and mysterious, now he’s lame.

He was fine in Rise of Iron, but hoo boy Destiny 2 made him so lame.

I dunno if Destiny 2 really improved any characters except Shaxx. Maybe Zavala, in that he finally got some character development.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
warmind spoilers

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Life.. finds a way

Edit; they do seem to have quite a knack for using animals/insects as inspiration for armor. The nohr armor is basically a giant beetle. I hope the next IB armor is based on yet another cool group of soldiers like they did with the samauri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:eyepop: