Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
My man cave is really important to me because it's where I keep my prostate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Trig Discipline posted:

My man cave is really important to me because it's where I keep my prostate.

Who is your massage therapist? I'm in the market.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Who is your massage therapist? I'm in the market.

Sorry, she doesn't take family as customers.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

That's the whole internet not

Once they accepted that the person is indeed a nazi it's

"freedom of speech for nazis"
"you can only defeat nazis with arguments"
"By the way communism killed like 200 million people"
"Hitler helped the economy"

I also did some reading on German society before and during the war. Tldr:

By 1943 the German civilian population talked openly about the holocaust. They knew the jews had been taken off to be killed
German civilians in Poland formed militias that roamed the country, rounded up Poles and Jews and executed them out of sight. These militias were assisted by the Wehrmacht when needed.
The Wehrmacht was overwhelmingly involved in the genocide. Common soldiers often took pictures of executions of civilians and kept them with them as souvenirs. These pictures were traded and sold.
When West Germany joined NATO in 1955 there was a huge western propaganda effort meant to blame the holocaust on the nazis and the SS in an attempt to separate the German people and the Wehrmacht from the genocide. Now that the West German military was being built up again and consisted largely of WW2 officer staff and soldiers. Their WW2 crimes needed to be white washed. This propaganda effort was so extensive that it lingers to this day.
Before invading Poland the SS sent in saboteur teams into German towns in Poland to perform 200 bombings with timed bombs of civilians buildings in an attempt to blame it on the Polish and use it as a pretext for war. Only 20 of these succeeded. The rest were thwarted by Polish police.
The SS sent a strike team dressed in Polish uniforms to take over a German radio station in Germany. They then had a Polish SS soldier make a speech over the radio taking credit to make it look like a Polish military operation. The SS unit then shot him dead and left his body there to be found as evidence that it was a Polish attack.

The third Reich was rotten to the loving core by the time war broke out.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

My "man cave" is my two car garage,.. where my wife and I still park our cars.

pull a car into the driveway, set up some folding chairs :getin:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Trig Discipline posted:

Sorry, she doesn't take family as customers.

:mad:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh, oh good I didn't have to post it. There is however a small side bit of idiots on social media. Townsend, I THINK, was looking for fursuit photos. And, this happened.

https://twitter.com/VinnyVinesauce/status/992594892739305472

(That is indeed Vinny PizzaPasta, of Vinesauce fame. If anyone reading actually knows of a minor-ish Twitch celebrity. Although he does have a couple tens of thousands of subscribers, so that's debatably minor.)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
What the hell is going on.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Katt posted:

The third Reich was rotten to the loving core by the time war broke out.

I feel it had some flaws from it’s very conception

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Really starting to dislike these nazi guys.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

His username is literally "fascias". You don't choose that by accident.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Magna Kaser posted:

Did anyone every figure out why every old man on social media has that exact same angle in their profile picture.

In that case, it's because it's an obvious gag account. I'm presuming the person who made the 4 image tweet knows this too and just wants likes/RTs.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

:thunk:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/MAINMANMALlK/status/992382202431377408

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Love the picture choice. "Disappointing by that hairline"

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Dad, Pluto's not a planet anymore.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I think this goes in this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO-Adcb8yRQ

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Only 90s kids remember their bike teaching them math and history.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That Nextdoor twitter account got duped by a fake Ken M. The real one turns up in the comments though.

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/992557528427978757?s=21

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

EL BROMANCE posted:

That Nextdoor twitter account got duped by a fake Ken M. The real one turns up in the comments though.

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/992557528427978757?s=21

I had never heard of Nextdoor until like a week ago, but it is producing content at an impressive pace.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's always been around and weird, it's only recently that the wider internet has started paying attention. Which is great, because it's a vast untapped goldmine of iosm

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Someone invited me to nextdoor on my old work e-mail, and I have absolutely no idea why.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

T-man posted:

Someone invited me to nextdoor on my old work e-mail, and I have absolutely no idea why.

loving join and give us screen captures.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I did not consent to the amended Planet Rules that demoted pluto.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
After much rummaging thru every "settings" and "options" button I can find, I have come to the conclusion that the pics/things that don't show up are in timg tags (by quoting the posts and looking at the codes therein). I am Mucho Idiota on Something Awful, and this thread is one of the main problems, so I'll ask here. What do I try next????

Specs:
Comp is Windows 10.whateverTheyAutoUpdatedToThisTime
Browser is Firefox, updated this morning
Blocky things: Adblock Plus and NoScript

I have done the copy-paste thing with the quoted links, and made sure that NoScript lists them as Trusted (like imgur, twitter, photobucket). When they are in timg tags, they don't even show up on the dropdown list of things NoScript notices on the page. :(

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I had never heard of Nextdoor until like a week ago, but it is producing content at an impressive pace.

I've been on my local ones for about 18 months and it's pretty low key. There's always one reviewer person for restaurants per area I've noticed, and I don't think anyone ever dares think to challenge their crown. Most message are with regards to lost/found pets.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Someone posted this image in response to the question “wait, are you saying Hitler wasn’t hateful

I chose not to engage further.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

The forums use scripts hosted on ajax.googleapis.com to show the timg'd images.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

Flipperwaldt posted:

The forums use scripts hosted on ajax.googleapis.com to show the timg'd images.

<check check check>
That's already on the "trusted" list. :(

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

<check check check>
That's already on the "trusted" list. :(
CloudFlare?

e: I mean, in any case, it's a script you're blocking.

Flipperwaldt has a new favorite as of 00:04 on May 6, 2018

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

Flipperwaldt posted:

CloudFlare?

e: I mean, in any case, it's a script you're blocking.

YES!!!!! CloudFlare was blocked!

ThankYouThankYouThankYou, Flipperwaldt! I can now see timgs again! :toot:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to be this stupid.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/992789179883929600?s=19

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

I've been on my local ones for about 18 months and it's pretty low key. There's always one reviewer person for restaurants per area I've noticed, and I don't think anyone ever dares think to challenge their crown. Most message are with regards to lost/found pets.

Yeah, I've been on mine for going on a year now and it's mostly useful stuff like break in information, lost pets, and "if you want this bookshelf it's on the curb first one gets it I can't be bothered to deal with it" type of stuff.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to be this stupid.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/992789179883929600?s=19

You missed the best part!

Also, please screenshot Tweets.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Admiral Joeslop posted:

You missed the best part!

Also, please screenshot Tweets.

:lol:

And don't worry, I do! I just post them if the tweet becomes deleted because I usually only post from my phone and I don't want to deal with the Imgur app. I tried doing the Awful attachment feature but it's screwy for me sometimes.

Also IMC rarely deletes his content as far as I know.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mak0rz posted:

Yeah, but people get blocked.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

And don't worry, I do! I just post them if the tweet becomes deleted because I usually only post from my phone and I don't want to deal with the Imgur app. I tried doing the Awful attachment feature but it's screwy for me sometimes.

That's fair, the imgur app on mobile is garbage.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Choose your fighter

From here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mak0rz posted:

The Imgur app sucks a whole bushel basket of dicks, agreed, but I use an app that just uploads your.pic anonymously and then gives you a URL to link. It's called Imgur Android on the Google Play store, and works great.