Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
At this point, I think the best way Marvel could adapt the X-Men for the MCU is to just make them inhumans. They're pretty much interchangeable and having mutants AND inhumans would be very redundant, and they already pulled the trigger on inhumans being in the MCU. It's probably a much better option than wanting them to use a magical macguffin glove to retcon 20 years of worldbuilding.

Also I really think X-Men would work better as a TV show, but you'd actually need a budget, so that will never happen. But being able to see a show of a re-imagined origin for the X-Men in present day would be really fun. Would be different enough from First Class by being able to explore the growth of Xavier's school, and his research with Magneto, and eventual falling out. Seeing a buildup where Magneto is a cool dude but with a different outlook that becomes more and more extreme as he watches the world around him become more and more lovely would be really interesting, as would seeing a split in who sides with Charles, and who sides with Magneto when he forms his Brotherhood. Then you follow both sides as they continue to bring in more people; Magneto preparing for an assault on the world, and Charles wanting to stay the course but also knowing he needs to prepare his students for a war. It'd be really awesome to explore all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

I know what they said.

I’m saying they misled.

Not really. He showed up in almost every episode of that arc and then again for the end of the season.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Jamesman posted:

Also I really think X-Men would work better as a TV show, but you'd actually need a budget, so that will never happen.

Now, this might be crazy, but think about it: how about a cartoon?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The FF belong in the MCU, especially as they open the door to a whole bunch of villains. Yeah, you could do Doom and Kang and Galactus without them, but they lose the oomph, I think. Doom would especially be ruined since so much of his character is about RIIIICHARRDS :doom:

The X-Men can fit easily as well, but I think they do need to start them small with the original X-Men.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
However we get the FF in there, I really hope they were around long before any of the current heroes. Richards could've been a wunderkind when Howard Stark and Hank Pym were running around in the 80s. Maybe he's a contemporary of Tony.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

?

Yes, there was.

After season 3, they broke each season down into 2 arcs.

Season 4's first arc was the Ghost Rider arc. Ghost Rider was in every episode except one.

Then he came back for one episode during the framework/Agents of Hydra arc.

3 arcs in Season 4, Ghost Rider, LMD, and the Framework. They definitely were tied pretty closely together but those last two were treated as separate.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
What's the deal with the She-Hulk license? I feel like there are a lot of great actors out there rn who could nail the part

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

She-Hulk is probably with Marvel but the property's kind of in a weird state just in terms of effects and finding the right actress. She's a great character who'd probably make for a great TV series, but that seems unlikely.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel can use her but not make a solo movie without Universal getting to distribute it. She's considered part of Hulk's supporting cast.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Samuringa posted:

Now, this might be crazy, but think about it: how about a cartoon?

Only if they give us Wolverine & the X-Men season 2.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

This isn't the first time I've said this and it sure won't be the last, but Paget Brewster for She-Hulk, please.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

cptn_dr posted:

This isn't the first time I've said this and it sure won't be the last, but Paget Brewster for She-Hulk, please.

Only if it’s animation and she spends the entirety doing her Bird Girl voice from Harvey Birdman.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

cptn_dr posted:

I still think Laverne Cox would be pretty good, but I've never seen her in anything outside of OITNB, so I don't know how she is at physical acting. Still, she plays a smart, strong character on that show and I think that would translate well to doing Green Lawyer Lady.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Aphrodite posted:

That arc was about the Darkhold.

The dumbest thing in the entire Marvel Canon Universe is the lovely font they use on that prop book.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

cptn_dr posted:

I adore Paget Brewster, and it pains me to say this, but she might be a little old to play She-Hulk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DynamicSloth posted:

The dumbest thing in the entire Marvel Canon Universe is the lovely font they use on that prop book.

At least it’s not papyrus.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Reset Smith posted:

I adore Paget Brewster, and it pains me to say this, but she might be a little old to play She-Hulk.

Don Cheadle is like 57.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rhyno posted:

Don Cheadle is like 57.

Of the main cast, he and RD Jr are the oldest at 53 (unless you count Sam Jackson at 69). I was curious, so here's everyone else from the main cast:

Ruffalo - 50
Bautista - 49
Renner - 47
Bettany - 46
Cumberbatch - 41
Boseman - 41
Mackie - 39
Saldana - 39
Pratt - 38
Hemsworth - 36
Evans - 36
Stan 35
ScarJo - 33
Olson - 29
Holland - 21

I had no idea Saldana was 39. I figured early 30's, but it's tough to believe JJTrek was almost ten years ago.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

cptn_dr posted:

She's also been my pick for years but I've recently updated it to Lauren Lapkus for age reasons. I still hear Paget in my head when I read the character.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
My pick for Jen Walters/She-Hulk is Rashida Jones.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Janet Varney for She-Hulk

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Of the main cast, he and RD Jr are the oldest at 53 (unless you count Sam Jackson at 69). I was curious, so here's everyone else from the main cast:

Ruffalo - 50
Bautista - 49
Renner - 47
Bettany - 46
Cumberbatch - 41
Boseman - 41
Mackie - 39
Saldana - 39
Pratt - 38
Hemsworth - 36
Evans - 36
Stan 35
ScarJo - 33
Olson - 29
Holland - 21

I had no idea Saldana was 39. I figured early 30's, but it's tough to believe JJTrek was almost ten years ago.

How many children did Bautista sacrifice to look like that at 49

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Samuringa posted:

Well I mean his dad is Zeus.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Avengers 4 speculation: What if the shots from the Chitauri invasion with Cap aren’t time travel but maybe that’s Soul World somehow? Though I guess it wouldn’t make sense for Cap to be there

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Also, not spoilers, but I love the way they depict Cap and the way he moves in the MCU films. When he is running in to the big fight and Black Panther is runnning beside him and Cap is outrunning him. Then they both jump and Cap goes just a little farther. A lot of it is kind of subtle but they have really played up his strength in the past few movies.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Avengers 4 speculation: What if the shots from the Chitauri invasion with Cap aren’t time travel but maybe that’s Soul World somehow? Though I guess it wouldn’t make sense for Cap to be there

I think it’s more likely they’re going back in time to gather the infinity gems together before Thanos gets them. There were two stones in play in the Chitauri invasion, so it’d be a good starting place.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Also, not spoilers, but I love the way they depict Cap and the way he moves in the MCU films. When he is running in to the big fight and Black Panther is runnning beside him and Cap is outrunning him. Then they both jump and Cap goes just a little farther. A lot of it is kind of subtle but they have really played up his strength in the past few movies.

The foot chase scene in Civil War is probably the best example of super speed in a film I’ve seen. You have these characters outrunning cars and leaping impossible lengths, but only just fast and far enough to seem incredible while still seeming...credible. It all seems fantastic but still visually believable.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Samuringa posted:

He was a WWE wrestler. He knows all the best "supplements"

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Saw Infinity War last night, that was pretty ballsy of them. Did not expect Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Scarlet Witch to go, nor 5/6ths of the Guardians. But hey, maybe we'll get to see Beta Ray Bill?

Also, did Fury program that pager to do a little drawing when it sent the message himself, or did he have to request it?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm going to assume that at the end of Captain Marvel Carol gives Fury the pager and says that she's going away but if they ever need her, she'll come back. She probably leaves because her power will invite challangers to earth. Thanos don't care about that poo poo though.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Not super shocking, but Idris Elba and Tom Hiddleston confirmed that they are done with the MCU.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Not super shocking, but Idris Elba and Tom Hiddleston confirmed that they are done with the MCU.

The saddest day.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Link?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Idris straight up tweeted it out while Hiddleston started crying on the red carpet when someone said it might be his last. Nothing beyond that I think.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Heimdall never really did anything and Loki was beyond overused.

Still wondering which one of the big shots are leaving for good, it can't be a coincidence that the original Avengers all survived the Snap

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

ufarn posted:

Idris straight up tweeted it out while Hiddleston started crying on the red carpet when someone said it might be his last. Nothing beyond that I think.

Hiddleston cried during the Dark World red carpet when asked that question so either you saw that link, or it's still meaningless because it didn't stop him from coming back before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBOIbyLTCs8

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I can’t imagine the guy cast as Loki would be a very good liar

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its not like they couldn't have Lady Loki or Kid Loki later on.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know if Kid Loki would be as effective if they didn't have the whole thing with the backstory reasons as to why he exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

twistedmentat posted:

Its not like they couldn't have Lady Loki or Kid Loki later on.
I could certainly see one of those, but if they go that route I would imagine it would be awhile from now

• Locked thread