Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

on second thought i shoulda kept my prior prior nickname

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

What is happening here right now
A frank, mature conversation about *cocks head to the side, ponders, sips beer* goons.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Well I suppose there are worse alternatives :downs:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

oldpainless posted:

I like giant titties :blush:

Prepare to die, villain

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Well I suppose there are worse alternatives :downs:

True, enough of this boobies love in we're having. Let's talk about eating hot dog sandwiches with our Chicago style deep dish pizza with pineapple and ham while we don't tip our waiter all while several quarts of our chili with beans and loose corn boils on top of our electric stove set to Celsius.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

True, enough of this boobies love in we're having. Let's talk about eating hot dog sandwiches with our Chicago style deep dish pizza with pineapple and ham while we don't tip our waiter all while several quarts of our chili with beans and loose corn boils on top of our electric stove set to Celsius.

But is the pizza circumcised? This is important.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Didn't work the proper way to cook a steak into that D+

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ToxicSlurpee posted:

But is the pizza circumcised? This is important.

i ate it, unironically

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Len posted:

.....damnit.....

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Krankenstyle posted:

i ate it, unironically

You do you. I won't kink shame.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Len posted:

Honestly I thought his post was pretty well done.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This whole discussion is pretty raw.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

He was definitely in rare form

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's the longest way of saying "round up" I've ever seen.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

the airplane will take off

you should always switch doors

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Gonna eat that meaty plane too

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Syd Midnight posted:

the airplane will take off

you should always switch doors

The Monty Hall problem is the best. It goes so hard against most people's intuition that they either refuse to, or simply cannot, process it. It's so well-known, now, that I suspect it's not so contentious, but it was great in its day.

Flossie
Nov 8, 2008
I've been waiting for a steak derail, this is close enough.

I saw a movie written by Joss Whedon called "In Her Eyes." The plot of the movie is mostly irrelevant, what matters is that the main male and female protagonists are fated to be in love but at the movie's outset they are both with other people. So that the audience don't dislike the main characters we have to establish that the people they are in relationships with are terrible monsters and thus are deserving of being left.

In the case of the female character her husband start off as nice, he has an affable charm and seems to care for her. As the story progresses he becomes increasingly belittling, then controlling and abusive. Eventually his long and storied character arc is completed when he remorselessly abuses his power as a doctor to have the main character thrown into a mental asylum because he can.

In the case of the male character, his prior love interest is demonised in the course of a single scene. She likes her steak well done, with tomato ketchup.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Flossie posted:

In the case of the male character, his prior love interest is demonised in the course of a single scene. She likes her steak well done, with tomato ketchup.

It was her misteak.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

if her weird hellsteak was such a dealbreaker, he shoulda brought it up before they went out the eat steaks.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Krankenstyle posted:

if her weird hellsteak was such a dealbreaker, he shoulda brought it up before they went out the eat steaks.

Sounds like he should of known her steak in the whole affair.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Sounds like he should of known her steak in the whole affair.

lmbo :rimshot:

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

The Monty Hall problem is the best. It goes so hard against most people's intuition that they either refuse to, or simply cannot, process it. It's so well-known, now, that I suspect it's not so contentious, but it was great in its day.

The talk page for its wikipedia article is amazing. It has more archives than the talk page for the Holocaust.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The real question when it comes to the Monty Hall problem, though, is what if you just deliberately pick the goat? I mean, goats are pretty rad and you'd have a 100% chance of winning the goat, right?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The real question when it comes to the Monty Hall problem, though, is what if you just deliberately pick the goat? I mean, goats are pretty rad and you'd have a 100% chance of winning the goat, right?

Please don't steal jokes from xkcd.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Syd Midnight posted:

The talk page for its wikipedia article is amazing. It has more archives than the talk page for the Holocaust.

Spanning 2004 to 2013, and an additional fifteen pages of archives for "Monty Hall Problem/Arguments." Yep. That's pretty great. It starts right out with an argument over the phrasing of the question. The question specifically says, "The host opens a door to reveal a goat," and someone manages to argue for pages about, "But what if the host doesn't open a door that reveals a goat?" Another dude keeps trying in vain to explain that it does not matter whether the host could open a door that doesn't show a goat, because that is not the scenario being discussed.

What ever happened to Romeo Rose?

Edit:

Yeah. It's bad enough when you only have to read them once.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

What ever happened to Romeo Rose?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People tend to understand that one easier when you explain it to them that the free door opening makes it so that if they chose a goat initially, then switching wins. If they chose the car, switching loses.

And of course they had a 2/3 chance of picking a goat.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I don't even know what this is about and screw overthinking it, just pick a loving door, if you get a goat take the goat.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

People tend to understand that one easier when you explain it to them that the free door opening makes it so that if they chose a goat initially, then switching wins. If they chose the car, switching loses.

And of course they had a 2/3 chance of picking a goat.

Another explanation that helps people understand the answer intuitively is extrapolating it to 100 doors with 99 goats and 1 car.

You pick a door, and then the host opens 98 doors all which revealing goats. Now, there are two unopened doors left; the one you chose and one random door that the host did not open.

What is the more likely scenario? That the one door you chose at the start had the car, or the random door that the host didn't open?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I summon all the goats to stampede and take over the studio.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

His teeth became so ridiculous his entire head imploded

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

syscall girl posted:

His teeth became so ridiculous his entire head imploded

Wait what?

Last I heard he was selling off one of his hideous guitars or something. Or maybe he said he was but didn't?

Romeo Rose is one of those stories I can't explain to anyone because it's just:

"FAKE TEETH. UGLY GUITARS. 90'S VAMPIRE LARP. CREEPY."

In my head when I see his name pop up. At least he was mostly harmless right?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

joylessdivision posted:

In my head when I see his name pop up. At least he was mostly harmless right?

He bragged about raping women while they slept.

Edit: Maybe he just defended it? Details hazy, at this point.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

joylessdivision posted:

At least he was mostly harmless right?

Romeo Rose is Throwing a Racist, Pro-Rape Tantrum on Twitter

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Yeah, he's another guy who thinks he's entitled to access women's bodies whenever he wants and doesn't understand why everyone else thinks that's bad and he's bad because that's his world view and he assumes everyone else is like him. Some are just whiny assholes destined to be lonely, some are monsters that should be locked up. How to distinguish who is the former and who is the latter is extremely difficult before they rape and/or murder others so I would be careful calling him harmless.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Picnic Princess posted:

Yeah, he's another guy who thinks he's entitled to access women's bodies whenever he wants and doesn't understand why everyone else thinks that's bad and he's bad because that's his world view and he assumes everyone else is like him. Some are just whiny assholes destined to be lonely, some are monsters that should be locked up. How to distinguish who is the former and who is the latter is extremely difficult before they rape and/or murder others so I would be careful calling him harmless.

He does a disservice to everyone who is conventionally unattractive.

We're not all like that I swear.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
When he was posting here and got set up with that goon's friend, I thought for sure she was going to get rufied and raped. There is something genuinely broken with that fucker and I hope he doesn't hurt someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

syscall girl posted:

He does a disservice to everyone who is conventionally unattractive.

We're not all like that I swear.

#notalluggos