Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

bodyline is a 10 hour miniseries about the time a dude got hit by a cricket ball and it really hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Fuckin' oath I'm not, mate. I just know to stay well clear like any Aussie who isn't from South Australia.
I escaped!

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Someone told me this and asked me why that could be a thing.

The first thing I could think of was "You ever been to Adelaide in summer? You don't want ANYTHING hot inside you, let alone a coffee!"

Allegedly you're better off drinking a hot drink in non-humid weather because it makes your body start dumping more heat through sweat, while drinking something ice cold makes your body go "woah time to warm up."
http://theconversation.com/does-drinking-hot-tea-in-summer-really-cool-you-down-62854

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

i;m thinking about thos fries

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

What would you do if I sang out of tune?
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
I will try not to sing out of key

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's not that bad it's just... uh... gimme a minute...

...well, do you like wine? We got fuckloads of that.

It could be worse. It could be Queensland.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Those Doggoyles are real excited to fetch that arrow jet :3

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tace Vim posted:

Heh cool. Can't believe I can remember that show. I am old.

C'mon mate, who could ever forget "Which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard?"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Guys I watched Crocodile Dundee last night (not lying) and now I’m at least 90% Australian so yeah gently caress those south Australia people

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

punchymcpunch posted:

i assume milk coffee is the same as iced coffee cos its in a carton

Not quite, but sorta? This is the "coffee" component:

You use it in milk the same way you'd use Hershey's Syrup or whatever. My wife is from Rhode Island, and when we visit all her relatives, there isn't a refrigerator in any of their houses that doesn't have a bottle of this in it. It's not bad, but it's not something I'd break my back to find. Weirdly though, I love Narragansett beer which is essentially the local PBR. It's a great beach beer.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

You call that "coffee"? At least it's a bottled liquid, in Australia we used to have this stuff:

Coffee flavoured condensed milk. Just squeeze some into a cup and add boiling water!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
weird, I don't remember this scene in Infinity War

https://twitter.com/wha52lien/status/992793493943791617

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

just rub the coffee lotion on your hands three times a day

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

punchymcpunch posted:

just rub the coffee lotion on your hands three times a day

I used to suck it straight out of the tube when I was a kid.

I still would if they hadn't discontinued it. :sigh:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
i posted those holiday photos in confidence, goodbody!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/XvShanavX/status/992702262249115649

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm south australian

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

I'm south australian

I'm from [state/region/province/city] and let me tell you, it's the worst, but I'm fond of it anyway.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Coffee milk isn't coffee with milk, or iced coffee. It's sweet, coffee-flavored milk. Coffee syrup is essentially a sweetened coffee concentrate that you add to milk. The big rivalry used to be between Autocrat and Eclipse (Autocrat was and is the best), but Autocrat bought out Eclipse and makes them both now.

How is "not knowing what coffee milk is" still a thing with internet-savvy adults in TYOOL 2018? It has a Wikipedia article, for fucks sake.

E: Eclipse was apparently first, but Autocrat bought them in '91, but fans of coffee milk have always had a preference for one over the other.

I was looking for a Don Bousquet cartoon but the humor is so opaque if you're not from Rhode Island.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 16:48 on May 6, 2018

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

thats what iced coffee is, coffee flavoured milk

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Look, the real question is whether a coffee milk robot would beat a chocolate milk robot in a fight.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Hate to do this but is there a way to make this an av

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

punchymcpunch posted:

bodyline is a 10 hour miniseries about the time a dude got hit by a cricket ball and it really hurt

An intimidating tactic in cricket threatened diplomatic relations between England and Australia because it was seen as failing to uphold gentlemanly conduct in sports.

Cricket is the worst game in the world.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I was looking for a Don Bousquet cartoon but the humor is so opaque if you're not from Rhode Island.

Ow, right in the quahog

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

The Bloop posted:

Ow, right in the quahog

gently caress now I need to make my mom mail me a cooler full of spicy stuffed quahogs.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

You use it in milk the same way you'd use Hershey's Syrup or whatever. My wife is from Rhode Island, and when we visit all her relatives, there isn't a refrigerator in any of their houses that doesn't have a bottle of this in it. It's not bad, but it's not something I'd break my back to find. Weirdly though, I love Narragansett beer which is essentially the local PBR. It's a great beach beer.

For anyone curious but not in New England, they sell it on Amazon now :science:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

BaronVonVaderham posted:

gently caress now I need to make my mom mail me a cooler full of spicy stuffed quahogs.

For anyone curious but not in New England, they sell it on Amazon now :science:

You can also make your own coffee syrup pretty easy.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

chitoryu12 posted:

An intimidating tactic in cricket threatened diplomatic relations between England and Australia because it was seen as failing to uphold gentlemanly conduct in sports.

Cricket is the worst game in the world.

Cricket owns, sorry.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I thought Iced Coffee uses cream instead of milk?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bertrand Hustle posted:

but Autocrat bought out Eclipse and makes them both now.

Who didn't see this coming

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Cricket seems pretty bad, but the worst game? Tough competition. Does it even cause much permanent brain damage?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Hjalmar posted:

Cricket seems pretty bad, but the worst game? Tough competition. Does it even cause much permanent brain damage?

Only to the viewer

:downsrim:

I'll be here all week, folks

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Hjalmar posted:

Only to the viewers.

e: gently caress, beaten.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Hjalmar posted:

Aye, American Football turns its players into invalids and the team owners are among the worst people in the world.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Bertrand Hustle posted:

How is "not knowing what coffee milk is" still a thing with internet-savvy adults in TYOOL 2018? It has a Wikipedia article, for fucks sake.

I haven't gotten that far in my Wikipedia read through. Reported for spoilers

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

geonetix posted:

Hate to do this but is there a way to make this an av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Hjalmar posted:

https://youtu.be/E_6d3JBBo4s

Edit:hmm, doesn’t want to embed