Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

DisposableHero posted:

If anything then I'll be sure to look for the "entry point" quest for each zone when I do pick one. Things seem to flow fairly sensibly as long as you do that.

Yeah generally but as points out you can sometimes get into odd situations by accident, the Rift seems prone to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I'm pretty sure I did the exact same thing on my first playthrough of the Rift. The quests kinda guide you west, then south,then east back to Riften. But Riften is basically a straight shot south from where you enter the zone, so most folks wind up going there first.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

the launch zones could really use another continuity pass since one tamriel but who knows when they'll get to that as new content takes a priority

generally if you want the faction storylines to make the most sense do them in the order of

EP: Bleakrock>Bal Foyen>Stonefalls>Shadowfen>Eastmarch>Rift>Coldharbour
DC:Stros M'Kai>Betnikh>Glenumbra>Stormhaven>Rivenspire>Alik'r>Bangkorai>Coldharbour
AD:Kenrathi Roost>Auridon>Grahtwood>Greenshade>Malabal Tor>Reaper's March>Coldharbour

Craglorn or any DLC can pretty much be done whenever, wherever, in any order

Also as a head's up UESP has a quest map for each of the vanilla zones if you want to make sure you're not completely turned around and doing stuff backwards. For example here is the one for Stonefalls.

Lo Pan
Jul 23, 2007
Could any eu goons send me an invite @Loose_Cable? Me and my cuz have started playing this and I wouldn't mind chillin with some goons as well.

twitch and spasm
Jul 21, 2010
Could I get a invite @VirtualSalesman for the US guild?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Lo Pan posted:

Could any eu goons send me an invite @Loose_Cable? Me and my cuz have started playing this and I wouldn't mind chillin with some goons as well.

Depending on how far along you are it's probably better to roll on NA, not that many active EU goons tbh

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Scyantific posted:

Depending on how far along you are it's probably better to roll on NA, not that many active EU goons tbh

I can only agree as a eurogoon playing happily on NA server

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

All the invites I got after asking for one have me led to believe that NA goons are completely dead too, unless you can't invite someone offline.

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

Berke Negri posted:

the launch zones could really use another continuity pass since one tamriel but who knows when they'll get to that as new content takes a priority

generally if you want the faction storylines to make the most sense do them in the order of

EP: Bleakrock>Bal Foyen>Stonefalls>Shadowfen>Eastmarch>Rift>Coldharbour
DC:Stros M'Kai>Betnikh>Glenumbra>Stormhaven>Rivenspire>Alik'r>Bangkorai>Coldharbour
AD:Kenrathi Roost>Auridon>Grahtwood>Greenshade>Malabal Tor>Reaper's March>Coldharbour

Craglorn or any DLC can pretty much be done whenever, wherever, in any order

Also as a head's up UESP has a quest map for each of the vanilla zones if you want to make sure you're not completely turned around and doing stuff backwards. For example here is the one for Stonefalls.
Minor correction:
EP: Bleakrock>Bal Foyen>Stonefalls>Deshaan>Shadowfen>Eastmarch>Rift>Coldharbour

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

cinci zoo sniper posted:

All the invites I got after asking for one have me led to believe that NA goons are completely dead too, unless you can't invite someone offline.

Your post probably just got overlooked. I'll invite you once I'm home in a few hours, if no one's gotten to you before then.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

PC guild invite @brambedkar please.

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level
Yeah I think people assumed someone else got you. I sent an invite just now.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Lo Pan posted:

I can only can only agree with NLJP. I dont play that much anymore, but unless you're planning to raid and do top end stuff pve, I'd jump onto the NA server with the rest of us. There are some eu'ers, aussies and night shift na'ers that make even NA-off hours somewhat populated.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

zjentohlauedy posted:

Minor correction:
EP: Bleakrock>Bal Foyen>Stonefalls>Deshaan>Shadowfen>Eastmarch>Rift>Coldharbour

figures id forget the one place i spend 95% of the time in game afk

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It is funny doing stuff "out of order" sometimes, and my favorite is probably when you've finished the epic main quest to get your soul back from Molag Bal and then go back and do random low-level quests and people are like "the only way this will work is if you have no soul" and you're just like "uh yeah, no soul, that's me, definitely didn't deal with that issue yet, uh, continue..."

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Autoexec.bat posted:

It's also possible the invite didn't go through: when inviting multiple players sometimes the game just fails to send one or two of the requests.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rollersnake posted:

Your post probably just got overlooked. I'll invite you once I'm home in a few hours, if no one's gotten to you before then.

Autoexec.bat posted:

Cheers!

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

If I want to tank as a stamina warden while leveling should I just put some points into the sword and shield abilities and keep a set of heavy armor around?

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So we're thinking of trying to put together a vet mazzatun group tonight around 11pm-12amish PST. If any of you late night goons are interested, let me know!

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
I tried veteran dungeons earlier (not entirely voluntary - I just queued for the wrong random dungeon daily), and managed to die a few times to massive crits and one to pulling aggro from the tank.

I was playing my old stam sorceror and im using mostly medium armor. My gear it still poo poo though - I have a few level 50 purps but also a few sub 50 greens and blues. Which gear level is recommended to pub that poo poo?

But gear or not, it seems that I need the active defenses (block/dodge) to stay alive throug those crits. Did I just miss some tells (because I saw nothing), or do I need to be really careful as melee dps and dodge directly if the boss looks at me?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
NA invite for @CobiWann please? I played for a cup of coffee last summer, dipping my toe back in casually.

Lo Pan
Jul 23, 2007
Thanks guys for the answers, much appreciated! we haven't gotten that far so it shouldn't be to hard to convince him to roll over to the NA server. If we do I will let you guys know. Have been havin' a blast with the pvp and the dungeons so far.

awox
Aug 21, 2015
luv2club
Looking at the thread it seems the NA server is more active with goons, is it possible to transfer a character between servers or should i just spin up a NA account?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

No way to transfer between servers.

awox
Aug 21, 2015
luv2club
Rolled an account on NA, throw @aw0x an invite please :toot:

awox fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 6, 2018

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Big thing to remember is that any dlc bought with crowns is tied to what server you bought it on afaik

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Nektu posted:

I tried veteran dungeons earlier (not entirely voluntary - I just queued for the wrong random dungeon daily), and managed to die a few times to massive crits and one to pulling aggro from the tank.

I was playing my old stam sorceror and im using mostly medium armor. My gear it still poo poo though - I have a few level 50 purps but also a few sub 50 greens and blues. Which gear level is recommended to pub that poo poo?

But gear or not, it seems that I need the active defenses (block/dodge) to stay alive throug those crits. Did I just miss some tells (because I saw nothing), or do I need to be really careful as melee dps and dodge directly if the boss looks at me?

You shouldn't be pulling boss agro, so melee hits/crits shouldn't really be a factor, but if you do, you need to dodge heavy attacks, blocking will (likely) still kill you. For vet you should have all CP160 gear, preferably purple or better, but blue can be OK. You will need to block/dodge any special attack bullshit in vet and beware of AOE stuff, at least in a general sense.

What vet dungeon were you in? With a stamsorc you can basically tank all non-DLC vet dungeons, except a few, provided your gear isn't poo poo. As an example, with my stamsorc I can solo most all of the 1 dungeons, or duo ones that require 2 people, there are a few (spindle clutch 1!!!!) that you can't because of bullshit 1 hit kill stuff, well you might be able to but there's very very little margin for error. Most of the harder vet stuff is really about blocking/dodging/avoiding mechanics and keeping your DPS up while doing that, especially as a stamsorc you can ignore a bunch of weaker AOE poo poo because you heal from crits and you crit like crazy.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i think dlc vets require you to be CP300 now to access them, non-dlc vets you should just steer clear of until you are CP160

SomekindaZombie
Sep 16, 2002
Would someone please toss @somekindazombie an invite to the NA PC guild? Thanks!

SomekindaZombie fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 7, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Do I sell or deconstruct lovely items?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Sell white, deconstruct green and better for tempers/tannins/resins and to level your crafting skills.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rollersnake posted:

Sell white, deconstruct green and better for tempers/tannins/resins and to level your crafting skills.

Cheers!

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

Rollersnake posted:

I've been doing the opposite welp

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Honestly, only sell Ornate imo, deconstruct literally everything else.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

ehh I sell all white as well, the regular stuff just doesn't give you enough mats, especially without the chance for tempers

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Nektu posted:

For the best shot at non-dlc vet dungeons (especially PUG), I'd recommend at minimum:

- All CP160, purple gear (gold weapons at least a big plus).
- A basic coherent build/rotation (go to Alcast for this). For stam sorc, use https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-sorcerer-build-pve/ and check his beginner load out. Use his Maelstrom Arena skill lay out (the regular one has crappy self sustain and is designed for use in organized groups) and keep crit surge, hurricane, and deadly cloak up all the time for survivability. Goons will craft those starter sets for you if you ask, and agility jewelry is cheap.
- 15k+ absolute minimum DPS, 20k or more strongly preferred (lots of goons have target dummies at our houses that will let you practice your rotation and tell you your DPS , you can visit primary residences by right clicking names in the guild roster. You're welcome to use my place anytime under @Hakarne).
- 17k HP (with food).

Also, try tagging along with goons on vet pledges to get some experience - goon groups are more chill and competent so you can get some good pointers as you go. Don't be afraid to ask about boss mechanics if you don't know. I've found even most pug groups are understanding and will explain things if you ask.

If you're doing DLC vet dungeons, you're probably going to want at least 300 CP and 20-25k minimum DPS. Also, don't pug veteran DLC dungeons, it never ends well. Hell, I'll only PUG certain non-dlc veteran dungeons that I know I can carry a bad group through.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Hakarne posted:

For the best shot at non-dlc vet dungeons (especially PUG), I'd recommend at minimum:

- All CP160, purple gear (gold weapons at least a big plus).
And how do I get to that point? The only reliable source for purple gear that I found up to now were vet dungeons.

Hakarne posted:

- 15k+ absolute minimum DPS, 20k or more strongly preferred (lots of goons have target dummies at our houses that will let you practice your rotation and tell you your DPS , you can visit primary residences by right clicking names in the guild roster. You're welcome to use my place anytime under @Hakarne).
Thanks for the offer but im on EU so im hosed :)

And a different question: I dont understand how the crafting mat nodes scale. Does it depend on my character level, the craft level or something in between?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Nektu posted:

And how do I get to that point? The only reliable source for purple gear that I found up to now were vet dungeons.

Thanks for the offer but im on EU so im hosed :)

And a different question: I dont understand how the crafting mat nodes scale. Does it depend on my character level, the craft level or something in between?

Both, sort of, if your level and your skill in the crafting line are in different node groups, they'll be 50% the highest level node you can get based on your level and 50% will be your craft skill level, unless something has changed that i don't know about.

ShallowKnave
Sep 9, 2011
Fun Shoe

Nektu posted:

Mat nodes come in two flavors: Crafting level and Character level.

A Crafting level node always gives you mats based on your Crafting level, so two level 40 characters, one with Blacksmithing 1 and the other with Blacksmithing 10 will each see a different material node than the other, each being material relevant to each character's Crafting level
A Character level node gives mats based on your Character level, so so two level 40 characters, one with Blacksmithing 1 and the other with Blacksmithing 10 will each see the same material node, which in this example wouldn't be a relevant material for their crafting level.
Dropped and looted weapons and armor are based on Character level, so mats earned from deconstructing drops essentially work as Character level material nodes.

Due to this, assuming you're not just going to guild traders to buy stacks of mats to level, it makes the most sense to level your Crafting along with your Character level so both types of nodes are giving you appropriately useful materials.

Once you've hit CP 150 and level 10 in your craft, every crafting node will have scaled up to max level.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Nektu posted:

I suggested having goons craft it for you later in the post, but if you're on EU idk what the goon presence is like there. Your best bet at that point is to gather the materials and maybe find someone who'll craft it all for you for a tip. It's not as good as free poo poo from goons but that's probably the next best thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Best bet is to roll NA and have Orv grind you up to 160.