Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Kind of upset at a few game systems I want to try like Guild Ball. But their intro session is $54. I don't want to buy your poo poo if I end up not liking your game ya turds. How about $0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
RIP Gencon site.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Go to your cart, that will tell you where you are in the queue. BTW, MY WIFE demands that I let it be known that she is the one who divined this tidbit of information. Glory hound.

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004
4800 in line :rip:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Ilor posted:

Go to your cart, that will tell you where you are in the queue. BTW, MY WIFE demands that I let it be known that she is the one who divined this tidbit of information. Glory hound.

Cheers for this! Got 34th in line, and for the first time ever got into all the events my group wanted.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
It's also on your wishlist page.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Had good wishlist luck this year. Got everything except one event, buying for 6 people for all of that came out to $492.

Only sold out thing was a session of Star Trek Adventures. Got into some stuff for Vampire 5e, Pathfinder 2e, a couple D&D things and that awesome brewbus tour.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
I had pretty good luck this year, got in everything except the dropfleet narrative campaign. Probably for the best, now I don't have to bring any miniatures.

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004
It looks like all the Cthulhu events I signed up for are gone :(

Usually if you really wanted something and are persistent you can check http://gencon.eventdb.us/ as people drop their events and new ones pop up for the next 3 months or during the con

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Got about half my wishlist. Got tickets to the new 40k RPG but missed out on a couple games that only had 1 or 2 events. Guess I'll do a second pass to fill things in?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I didnt really get anything, but then I never seem to and still have a pretty dang good time anyway. Reminder that Generics are 90% of the time gonna get you into any given game, and people will drop games throughout the con. Especially check back in 2 hoursish when the system starts kicking tickets out of peoples carts

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

~4500 in line, all of my events were sold out :rip:

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I got into Blimpleggers!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Sitting at 3138 for 15 minutes now.. drat dude, this is a drive through, if you're going to order that much poo poo, go inside and do it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh lol gently caress that, maybe I’ll just run some Roll20 games instead

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Got 1787 in line. Got everything except Betrayal at Baldur's Gate, so I'll just bring a copy and sucker goons into playing it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I hope people get in the events they like but honestly the best parts of gencon for me are always just plopping my rear end down in the hallways and playing Caylus or playing demos. Dont sweat it too much if you miss some stuff

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I got all 3 events I signed up for :v:

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

I got like 5000th in line because the site timed out when I clicked the button, but crisis averted, I got into 2 Super Robo Rally events after they opened up a bit later.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
1) Aw, 1022 in line? /pout

2) (one minute later) Yay, 420 in line! /giggle

3) ...And all my picks are sold out. :(

Oh well. Back to plan B (buy a buttload of generics and wing it).

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Only got three of the demos I wanted to try out...

Everything else sold out. I have no problem just wandering and finding games, but my buddy is very much a strict need-a-list-of-where-when because his feet are melting and can't wander too much.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Got in all the free seminars, didn't get in any games. Thank Christ for goongame, don't think I could live without a Sandy Pug game in my GenCon.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Countblanc posted:

I hope people get in the events they like but honestly the best parts of gencon for me are always just plopping my rear end down in the hallways and playing Caylus or playing demos. Dont sweat it too much if you miss some stuff

We basically signed up for 2 events/day, so that's like 3-6 hours leaving us ~12-15 hours to do randomly goon stuff, demos, and the auction.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Huh, guess I'm glad I was too busy with the baby to go change our prices, the Blimpleggers game sold out in like two minutes. We'll probably be doing a lot of post-con drinking and carousing and con-wandering in the interim, plus there's still some slots up for our live System Mastery show if we got any listeners in here looking for something to kill an hour or whatever.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

How do returns work? There's an event or two I want to jump on if people drop them and I'd have to drop some things myself to fit them in. Is there a way to get notified if a slot opens in an event?

edit: also a few events don't have a location set yet, what's with that?

Clanpot Shake fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 6, 2018

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Clanpot Shake posted:

How do returns work? There's an event or two I want to jump on if people drop them and I'd have to drop some things myself to fit them in. Is there a way to get notified if a slot opens in an event?

If you go to My Transactions, you can refund tickets for system credit. I don't think there's a way of getting notifications though, unless you just reload your wishlist page periodically (or have a computer thing do that for you).

Slippery42
Nov 10, 2011
Got into two events that I really wanted (Pathfinder 2e playtest and intro to sword fighting), and although we had to resort to fallback times for 2/3 of it, my group managed to lock in the whole Moonshae D&D adventure track. Between the rescheduling and another event selling out, I now have a Saturday-sized void in my schedule to figure out what to do with. Hopefully, a wild Pokemon TCG booster draft event will appear there sometime between now and August.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Filled out our schedule mostly!

Decided to try the 4 day parking pass for $60. Thurs-Sun parking 24hrs. Free shuttle every 15 minutes 24/7. Anyone try this? I figured this would take some stress off.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I dunno, can't go wrong with stadium parking.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Now just need to wait until the Critical Role tickets go on sale.

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

Somehow I got ~8000th in line. I watched as every event on my wishlist said it was sold out, then almost an hour later I was able to check out and got every single event on my wishlist.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Clanpot Shake posted:

If they’re going to be in the main gaming space, it’s possible they’re still allocating tables/sections and can’t give a number or anything yet.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I coordinated with a bunch of friends, so we’d be able to get each other tickets for stuff. One guy got in early, and we got all the events we wanted. All I’m waiting on now is to see how FFG is handling the X-Wing 2.0 launch event on Thursday.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Funzo posted:

All I’m waiting on now is to see how FFG is handling the X-Wing 2.0 launch event on Thursday.

Very poorly probably.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Slandible posted:

Very poorly probably.

Probably. I understand that last year for the L5r launch, you sent an email to FFG and picked names at random and sent you notification. I'd almost rather do that then deal with scrambling for a ticket through Gen Con.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Bottom Liner, I’ve seen you post a lot about Spirit Island and I’d really like to try it at Gencon. IIRC you drive so its probably not an issue, but do you think you can bring it? The company has demos but they are all during the day.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I got one event out of the like 12 I had wish listed, but they were all board game demo's that had like 4-6 spots open and I was trying to connect at a Kroger while grocery shopping. I ain;t too bummed, because there will still be a lot of board gaming going on, but I really wanted to try Dinosaur Island.

Also, I'm still waiting to see what games will be released at Gen Con, other than X-Wing 2.0

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Had no idea a new 40k RPG was coming out, let alone being demoed. I think playing in that setting would be freaking kickass. Hoping they put up more sessions (doubtful..).

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I'm a little sad there's no Fragged Empire/* setting games being run. I've got the books but haven't run a game yet and was hoping to play in one to get a feel for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Just found out how much it’s going to cost me to park my car at our hotel downtown. I think I might buy the 5 day parking pass from Gen Con and just leave my car in their lot the entire time, because gently caress that. It would cost half as much.