Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I'm probably going to use the AK a ton now unless I can find a fully loaded scar/m4. Bursting and tapping with the AK seems to absolutely own now.

The stock M4/Scar has so much vert recoil after the first shot it's insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Can confirm - ak tapping is great now

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
SLR4life

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
my main complaint with this game is how rigged the circle is. was it ever 100% random at one point?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

my main complaint with this game is how rigged the circle is. was it ever 100% random at one point?

Explain what you mean by "rigged."

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Probably not given that they always adjust it to make it more or less frequent to spawn at some places, but if you feel it is rigged then just exploit it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Yes. In beta sometimes the final circle would close entirely on water and everyone would be stuck treading water for five minutes

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
my favorite part of the random circle was water circles because then the one person smart enough to get a boat would just drive in circles running everyone else over

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I just had a really weird game where the 3rd circle spawned over the west bridge to the military base on Erangel. The circle was clearly covering more ground on the south side so most everyone headed to the military base. But the next circle spawned on the main land meaning everyone had to rush back across. It was really strange because you can usually figure out where the next circle will spawn when water is involved. I’ve never seen that before.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Replays seem a bit broken now for me. I like to go back and see if I actually did hit somebody or not, but now the name plates showing the health don't show up for me. And the X-Ray feature seems a bit janky now.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

lol they've already removed the event

:allears: bluehole

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
What was that, a day and a half?

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

Vonnie posted:

What was that, a day and a half?

not even a full day

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What happened, did I miss an event

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Elentor posted:

What happened, did I miss an event

you blinked. better luck next time

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Okay dudes haven't played in a month and a half, fill me in.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerkface posted:

They must be doing tiered resets now.

Huh, on second thought I haven't seen anyone under 1700. I think 1700 is just the default and they did a major compression.

I'm getting 6 points per victory right now, that's... not great.

credburn posted:

Okay dudes haven't played in a month and a half, fill me in.

https://playbattlegrounds.com/news/158.pu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpAs8Uk0G4c

Weapons
SMGs got a minor damage buff and their recoil has been greatly reduced.
The M4 and the Scar-L got a minor damage nerf and their recoil has been greatly increased.
DMRs have been buffed in general, the SKS got a damage hit.
DMRs can now take AR accessories making them a lot easier to equip.
There's a new DMR, the SLR, which apparently is good.

Other Items
Helm 3s can no longer spawn outside of box drops.
Adrenaline Syringes on the other hand can appear as world spawns.
There's a bunch of new grips, refer to the above video.
There's now a 3x and 6x Zoom and they go in ARs, which is good because no AR can equip an 8x anymore. The 6x has a controllable zoom. There's a lot of zooms all around. You can switch a lot of reticles with the zeroing hotkeys.

Map
They changed circles so that they would once again more frequently appear closer to the center.
A bunch of op buildings in Miramar were removed and a bunch of mediocre ones were spread around the map.
You can now select which maps you want to play.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 5, 2018

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Are replays poo poo now or is it just my PC?

I start a replay and it's many minutes or even never before all assets load.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Thermopyle posted:

Are replays poo poo now or is it just my PC?

I start a replay and it's many minutes or even never before all assets load.

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Replays seem a bit broken now for me. I like to go back and see if I actually did hit somebody or not, but now the name plates showing the health don't show up for me. And the X-Ray feature seems a bit janky now.

Assets do load in, but it does seem worse. Some player models were even not showing up at some point.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

It’s real cool that the new scopes have default sensitivity settings instead of something sane like maybe using the custom sensitivities you already set for your other scopes. was cool and good playing my first game and being unable to use the 6 and 3x

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

It’s real cool that the new scopes have default sensitivity settings instead of something sane like maybe using the custom sensitivities you already set for your other scopes. was cool and good playing my first game and being unable to use the 6 and 3x

you can't be serious

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

You should be able to throw Lightweight grips onto enemy weapons to make them less effective. Add this, Bluehole.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Rex-Goliath posted:

you blinked. better luck next time

What's up with that? Has there been any announcement? I played on Thursday evening, Friday evening and today, and never saw War Mode active.

Edit: Found it.

http://playbattlegrounds.com/news/159.pu

quote:

UPDATE:

Unfortunately, we've had to prematurely end this event, as it was found to be the cause of server instability.

Our engineers are working hard to ensure this problem doesn't occur in the future.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 5, 2018

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

hawowanlawow posted:

you can't be serious

I play with a very low sensitivity and I have scopes set to get progressively lower with higher magnifications. Throwing the 6x on for the first time was like trying to aim with a hyper-sensitive touchpad

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
It takes two seconds to change their sensitivity

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
yeah i was surprised when i popped a 3x on and my mouse was zipping around the screen like madness, but i just hit escape and took the five seconds to change in the middle of a field

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the event was a pile of poo poo so nothing of value was lost

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Rex-Goliath posted:

I play with a very low sensitivity and I have scopes set to get progressively lower with higher magnifications. Throwing the 6x on for the first time was like trying to aim with a hyper-sensitive touchpad

you can't be serious

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Bug report, if you slide down a small cliff, your guy starts running like a cartoon character and builds up enough speed to die from full health

the cliff was one of the mid-level ones on the way up to the military island observatory and I was like 3/4 the way up, but the game decided to add https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CTqKEueQoA with the update

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 11:54 on May 6, 2018

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Bug report, if you slide down a small cliff, your guy starts running like a cartoon character and builds up enough speed to die from full health

the cliff was one of the mid-level ones on the way up to the military island observatory and I was like 3/4 the way up, but the game decided to add https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CTqKEueQoA with the update

Yeah this is well known. Fall damage is really awkward in general, it seems like you'll either take no damage or a large chunk from pretty similar falls. And of course tiny slopes can easily kill you for no good reason.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Is circle randomization changed a lot in update 12? It sure seems that way to me. In my last game, each new white circle was at on of the edges of the blue. A lot more of my games have ended on the edges of the map, too.
Not that I mind games ending on the edges, but constantly having to scramble to get circle gets old real fast. In my last game, there were five of us running within eyesight of each other, just in front of the third-to-last circle, and I think we all died.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

The Mash posted:

you can't be serious

what's so weird or hard to understand about this? all my sensitivities are between 22-25, 3x and 6x scopes defaulted to 50, you're saying you wouldn't immediately notice that?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Is circle randomization changed a lot in update 12? It sure seems that way to me. In my last game, each new white circle was at on of the edges of the blue. A lot more of my games have ended on the edges of the map, too.
Not that I mind games ending on the edges, but constantly having to scramble to get circle gets old real fast. In my last game, there were five of us running within eyesight of each other, just in front of the third-to-last circle, and I think we all died.

Yeah they said that they tweaked it so that it doesn't favor the middle nearly as much. Vehicles are going to be even more important now

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fano posted:

what's so weird or hard to understand about this? all my sensitivities are between 22-25, 3x and 6x scopes defaulted to 50, you're saying you wouldn't immediately notice that?

of course you’d notice - it’s that your settings are bizarre.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

of course you’d notice - it’s that your settings are bizarre.

I don't think low sensitivity settings are such a bizarre or uncommon thing, especially to those coming from other popular FPS games, mostly people I know coming from CS/TF2/other arena shooters use something along the lines of 12 inches per 360, often much lower.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
The weird this is complaining about a new setting being default and not magically matching someone's descending order of sensitivities

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
the weird thing is complaining about something that takes 5 seconds to fix and only needs to be fixed once, ever

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I don't think that anyone is complaining about how hard it is to change.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
patch #12 trip report, sourced from a mixture of squad and duos games (3/15 wins).

Prior to this change I was definitely in the boat that AR's were too strong. Having a kitted SCAR or M4 felt better than literally any other gun aside from the Kar due to the flickadowriss ability. I feel this patch has gone too far, however, I think the changes to recoil and handling make sense but ironically I think the buff to headshot damage in conjunction with the other changes goosed it. Having a level 1 helmet now feels like a death sentence and without the ability to spray as efficiently a lot of mid-range fighting feels luck based where the winner is determined by whose bullets land on the head instead of the upper body. In other games like CSGO headshots are more deterministic so the reasonable answer to this problem is "get good" but in PUBG it's too small a target at too many variable ranges (not mentioning level 2/3 helmets) to be reliable.

I think they should back out the headshot damage increase and restore the original damage numbers but leave the handling stuff in.

DMRs, with the changes, are now king poo poo and I'd argue the best non-crate gun in the game currently is the SLR. High damage, high velocity, big clip.

Pistols feel way better and having to fight with one feels more competitive now.

Nothing really to note on shotguns, they felt slightly more reliable but still garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Hmm, I really like the 686 indoors.