Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Instead of killing baby Hitler, why not just raise him to be a fine young man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I read a fantasy book where some guys went back to the time of Cuchulain and one of them was ordered to start singing and he busts out a wobbly off key version of "When Irish eyes are smiling" and is hailed as the greatest musician ever

was it by l sprague de camp

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lobok posted:

Instead of killing baby Hitler, why not just raise him to be a fine young man?

I already tried that and we saw how that went.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Wait, when we were killing baby Hitler? I always thought the "Kill Hitler" mission went back to like 1930 or whatever.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Don't kill Hitler, don't make him a better artist, just negotiate the Treaty of Versailles to be less lovely to Germany. If you don't ruin the economy, he won't be so desperate after the war to wind up falling in with the NSDAP. Then maybe he just moves to America and becomes a scifi artist :v:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

1stGear posted:

Wait, when we were killing baby Hitler? I always thought the "Kill Hitler" mission went back to like 1930 or whatever.

The Nazi party already existed by 1930. If you go back to then you have to kill a bunch of dudes.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Barudak posted:

I already tried that and we saw how that went.

So someone needs to go back in time and kill you before you attempted your terrible child-rearing.

Edit: Hm, guessing you learned how to raise a child from your parents? Ok, add them to the list of undesirables, too.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Don't kill Hitler, don't make him a better artist, just negotiate the Treaty of Versailles to be less lovely to Germany. If you don't ruin the economy, he won't be so desperate after the war to wind up falling in with the NSDAP. Then maybe he just moves to America and becomes a scifi artist :v:

Nah, take over the French military and have them march all the way to Berlin, chasing the shattered remnants of the German army all the way. That way the stabbed in the back myth never takes off and the Germans know they got their rear end kicked.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Caufman posted:

I'd give baby Hitler the same option I give every baby: call it, heads or tails.

“People always say the same thing.”

“Goo-gah?”

“They say, "You don't have to do this."”

*baby shits diaper*

“Okay.”

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

VanSandman posted:

Nah, take over the French military and have them march all the way to Berlin, chasing the shattered remnants of the German army all the way. That way the stabbed in the back myth never takes off and the Germans know they got their rear end kicked.

You know they'd just say the "Jews" were the ones to let the defences fail. Assholes gonna rear end in a top hat.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
time travelers kidnap artist hitler and place him with cheech and chong

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The treaty was less lovely than previous war ending treaties, and the Germans were allowed to renegotiate partway through. The idea that it was so bad that desperate measures were justified is the fruit of Nazi propaganda.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Grognan posted:

time travelers kidnap artist hitler and place him with cheech and chong

A regular pair of weedlord bromahitlers

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Karate Bastard posted:

Kids who look like that you just stomp them out. It's for the best.

Lol that you think you’re tough enough to kill a baby who can already grow a mustache.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Just go back to the original pool of primordial ooze and stick your hand in it and stir it up a bit, splash it around kinda, so that instead of humans Earth gets some kind of hyperintelligent non violent crab type creatures.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Just lol if you think crabs are not violent. Those motherfucking claws are not just for show u know.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Something like that is the backstory of The Iron Dream by Norman Spinrad. It’s a sci-fi novel written by Hitler, written to satirize the latent fascism of some sci-fi.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

You could make the argument that authoritarian militarism was so ingrained into the Prusso-German society at that point that you would have to go back to 1848 and help the liberal Frankfurt Parliament to take the reins in order to reverse the Third Reich from appearing.

Funny Forum Quotes right here

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

detective reading a note backwards in blood: hang on, if i just pull my mirror out *takes mirror and reads the backwards note* it says.. the bodies are found in updog. whats updog..? *suddenly realizes what he just did and slams fist on table*

younger detective: whats wrong boss?

older detective: its uh... its nothing. but this criminal is far more clever than we ever thought

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

lol if you need a mirror to read backwards writing

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I can't read arabic even with a mirror :(

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The treaty was less lovely than previous war ending treaties, and the Germans were allowed to renegotiate partway through. The idea that it was so bad that desperate measures were justified is the fruit of Nazi propaganda.
Yeah. In fact, the most you can say is that the reparations encouraged the Germans to deliberately hyper-inflate their economy, which wasn't actually that big of a deal. Except of course to the rich, who when the Great Depression later rolled around and Germany took a real pounding, did basically the opposite of the New Deal - causing the conditions that led to the Nazis. Of course modern-day Germany blames hyper-inflation for the rise of the Nazis, which serves as a justification for them repeating the policies that actually led to the rise of the Nazis - except on a pan-European scale because they rule Europe now.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
They sort of took the long way around, but it’s interesting that Germany did ultimately end up ruling Europe after all.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

fruit on the bottom posted:

They sort of took the long way around, but it’s interesting that Germany did ultimately end up ruling Europe after all.

Germany has always possessed by far the largest population of the European countries, a unified Germany would inevitably dominate Europe. Its just that in the 1300 years since Charlemagne they've actually been unified for maybe 100 years.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Germany has always possessed by far the largest population of the European countries,

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Why'd you post the leader of an Asian country laughing, is that supposed to disprove his point or something

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Why'd you post the leader of an Asian country laughing, is that supposed to disprove his point or something

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Dying irl at this

(because of the polonium)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Lol that you think you’re tough enough to kill a baby who can already grow a mustache.

Read Dr McNinja if any of this is your bag, just sayin.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

[Patton]Russians are Orientals![/Patton]

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Just help the Communists win the revolution of 1918 and not get slaughtered by an alliance of proto-fascists and social democrats.

Also
Even though they are often given credit for ending it hyperinflation ended a decade before the NSDAP took power. The Great Depression was more their thing.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 19:50 on May 7, 2018

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Russians are Asian the same way the Finns are Mongols.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Everyone east of Calais is Asiatic.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

doverhog posted:

Russians are Asian the same way the Finns are Mongols.

Finland exists within the borders of the Mongol continent? :monocle:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

This is where we could get into a whole debate about what race means and if it's a social construct etc. but as this is not D&D let's just say I was making a feeble joke.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

So what’s kind of funny is the “traditional” boundary of Europe is along the Ural Mountains, the Ural River, the Caucasus Mountains, the Turkish Straits and the border with Kazakhstan.

Russia overlaps this boundary. So there’s a “European” Russia (which is 77% of the population, but less than 25% of the territory) and an “Asian” Russia.

In other words, everyone is right and wrong and this is all so loving stupid I hate the finns

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

So what’s kind of funny is the “traditional” boundary of Europe is along the Ural Mountains, the Ural River, the Caucasus Mountains, the Turkish Straits and the border with Kazakhstan.

Russia overlaps this boundary. So there’s a “European” Russia (which is 77% of the population, but less than 25% of the territory) and an “Asian” Russia.

In other words, everyone is right and wrong and this is all so loving stupid I hate the finns

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The only reason the boundary is at the Urals in the first place is because of furious Russian lobbying to move the border back specifically so that they wouldn't be Asian. The Urals are really geographically and culturally insignificant otherwise and are really just pretentious hills.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

doverhog posted:

This is where we could get into a whole debate about what race means and if it's a social construct etc. but as this is not D&D let's just say I was making a feeble joke.

I'm a halforc, so thanks for not bringing it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Slavic people used to be considered exotic, not European people. The orient express went from Paris to Istanbul. The Ottoman Empire at the time was considered eastern and oriental.