Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nick Soapdish posted:

Pixel also. Not sure beyond that

Well forget it then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Such good treats they lure three doggos.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Nick Soapdish posted:

Pixel also. Not sure beyond that

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Stultus Maximus posted:

I thought Project Fi only worked with Google Nexus?

Worked just fine for me on my Nexus 5x. Also vouching for Fi, been using it for 2 years now.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Two weeks of AT in glorious Bremerton.

The weather here is perfect.

I didn't have time to pack fishing poles. I wonder if the MWR rents.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

Stultus Maximus posted:

Heading to Japan on AT this summer. What's the best solution for cell phone?

When I go over on business trips or the wife and kids go for the summer we just rent a pocket-wifi device and use our existing phones. Rather than cell calls we just do wifi calls over skype/facebook/line/etc. Last year we paid about $165 for 60 days (plus insurance) of use. You obviously don't get a phone number but we never needed one and the ability to connect a few phones/devices at once was nice.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
If you're doing your AT at one of the major bases SoftBank will probably have a quiosk on base that sells prepaid phones.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
any time softbank is mentioned is an excuse to post one of their weird rear end commercials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myDyYTKqcMw

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

USA Today has a short blurb about 11 SEALs popping hot for cocaine.

Did they think they are above drug testing?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I know a bunch of dudes were using steroids in SEAL team 6’s red squadron between ‘05 and ‘09. Coke wouldn’t surprise me, but it kinda does surprise me if that makes sense.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I worked with one the rangers involved in the black hawk down incident years ago( hell of a picture book this was back in 1999 or so). He said steroids were handed out like ibuprofen to those who wanted them (he did).

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Just got out of mast. Suspended bust, extra duty, half months pay x2 which my wife will take out of my rear end. Best case scenario, is what everyone is telling me. :confuoot:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

What’s suspended bust?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Just got out of mast. Suspended bust, extra duty, half months pay x2 which my wife will take out of my rear end. Best case scenario, is what everyone is telling me. :confuoot:

Congrats on not getting totally hosed for your stupidity.

LingcodKilla posted:

What’s suspended bust?

The CO awarded a reduction in rank but it is suspended for a period of time. If Mr Bad Guy doesn't gently caress up again during that, he is clear. If he does, the reduction goes into force and whatever new NJP charges.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Reduction in rank to E-5, suspended for 6 months. So I'm still an E-6, but I have to walk on eggshells for 6 months.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

count your dumb rear end lucky

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

The most fun to see is when people are frocked to the next grade and then NJPed. Seeing a terrible PO1 showing up later as an PO3 was great.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

count your dumb rear end lucky

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nick Soapdish posted:

The most fun to see is when people are frocked to the next grade and then NJPed. Seeing a terrible PO1 showing up later as an PO3 was great.

frocked on suspended bust that fucks up again. E6-E3 in a heartbeat.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Mr. Nice! posted:

frocked on suspended bust that fucks up again. E6-E3 in a heartbeat.

Yeah, we had an AT go from, I think, frocked E-5 to E-2 that way. I liked to put a twist on the old ensign/2nd LT joke and say he had been promoted more times than our CO.

Last I heard he was working at China Lake doing the same job as a contractor for twice the money, so lol if you're still in I guess.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Reduction in rank to E-5, suspended for 6 months. So I'm still an E-6, but I have to walk on eggshells for 6 months.

You're an E-6 and you were playing with your gun on duty?

Come on, man.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Godholio posted:

You're an E-6 and you were playing with your gun on duty?

Come on, man.

Get enough PNA and wait enough cycles and anyone can be an E6!

Maybe not some OS'.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Yeah i ran into a A school classmate who got frocked E5 then missed ships movement from his “party” and got knocked down to the gutter. I heard him from across the way on the Nimitz in drydock bitching to his chief and thought .. “ I know that shitbag...”.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Yeah you got off way easier than I figured you would.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I think other people might be able to help you find the right resources, but you really should think about therapy. You got a great second chance, and I've seen a lot of people take similar second chances and piss them away because the underlying issues were never addressed.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
The underlying issue will be addressed in about 18 months when I get the gently caress out of Great Lakes.

For real though, this was a singular moment of complacent stupidity, my head is on straight.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

boy are my arms tired posted:

any time softbank is mentioned is an excuse to post one of their weird rear end commercials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myDyYTKqcMw

That's... amazing.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

The underlying issue will be addressed in about 18 months when I get the gently caress out of Great Lakes.

For real though, this was a singular moment of complacent stupidity, my head is on straight.

Just saving this in case we need it later.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

While I have faith in sailors to gently caress poo poo up I’m rooting for you due to your honesty about how dumb you are.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

While I have faith in sailors to gently caress poo poo up I’m rooting for you due to your honesty about how dumb you are.

#Tomahawkers

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Lol you're an E-6

The Valley Stared
Nov 4, 2009
First hearing in the Fitz case was today. Stars and Stripes seems to have the most in-depth coverage of what happened.

I won't post my personal opinions on it. I'm mostly focusing on my grad school work and looking at stuff for my hobby.

I'm not really angry about what happened anymore, but there's still a lot of guilt. I'm taking care of myself. I've seen professionals and will keep doing so. There's been more of a focus lately on reaching out to the McCain and Fitz sailors to make sure we're doing alright, and while it's not perfect, it's better then big Navy just trying to forget that we exist.

Mr. Bad Guy? Keep your head straight for the next 6 months. People look up to you. Not trying to rub more salt in the wound, but gently caress man.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

The Valley Stared posted:

I'm not really angry about what happened anymore, but there's still a lot of guilt. I'm taking care of myself. I've seen professionals and will keep doing so. There's been more of a focus lately on reaching out to the McCain and Fitz sailors to make sure we're doing alright, and while it's not perfect, it's better then big Navy just trying to forget that we exist.

That's good to hear. You and your Sailors have been through the ringer and you should be proud. Happy that you're able to get the help you need, I think that is one thing that the Navy does better than other services with having mental health issues being important to take care of and not just ignore. Best of luck with grad school, heading back again for me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You should feel zero guilt. You loving fought the ship and saved lives. Good job doing well in grad school. Keep on keepin on.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Same. You owned your poo poo. Lmao that you're a first class but uhh alright my dude. Just be solid brother.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

You should feel zero guilt. You loving fought the ship and saved lives. Good job doing well in grad school. Keep on keepin on.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Navy Thread 2018: 100 singles go down, 50 couples come back up

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The Valley Stared posted:

First hearing in the Fitz case was today. Stars and Stripes seems to have the most in-depth coverage of what happened.

I won't post my personal opinions on it. I'm mostly focusing on my grad school work and looking at stuff for my hobby.

Mr. Bad Guy? Keep your head straight for the next 6 months. People look up to you. Not trying to rub more salt in the wound, but gently caress man.

i just want to point out what a galactic super slam this is

like it's actually worse because you're trying to be nice about it