Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Isn't that exactly what Bret noted was the one impressive thing Magee could do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Cameo posted:

Isn't that exactly what Bret noted was the one impressive thing Magee could do

I think there was one other gymnastic type thing. But yes that leapfrog is the spot you'd hear about.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Hahahahahahaha

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Can't say you've quit something cold turkey after 5 days

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

ICHIBAHN posted:

Can't say you've quit something cold turkey after 5 days

Thats when you'd be right in the middle of peak withdrawal, so putting it out there and telling people to call you on it (especially where your co-workers would see it) could very well be part of the push he needs to keep going past the first major hurdle into fully quitting.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Aye but he won't quit so it doesn't matter really. Seems vainglorious to claim you've quit an addiction cold turkey after only a few days without it. I doubt he's intelligent enough to set the post up as a trap for himself to ensure he keeps off it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You're all overlooking the fact this means someone might punch him in the face, so it really doesn't matter what he calls it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

why does everyone want to punch Tom Magee in the face? Is he even alive?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hey weird dude, thanks for being a giant weirdo so I could learn that Stardom had their own streaming thing. Signed up for that poo poo and am pretty excited.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Do it ironically posted:

NJPW doesn’t hire women

*loving loser nerds push their glasses up*

Well akshually REEEEEEEEE

Get over it, they should be blasted for it, for gently caress sakes lmao

da doy dought da dasketdall

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

X-Pac was always good

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Has his dog's jaw healed yet? Poor little fella.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/993566863345860608

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

A GOLD BOAT!

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

Hey weird dude, thanks for being a giant weirdo so I could learn that Stardom had their own streaming thing. Signed up for that poo poo and am pretty excited.

lol I was checking it out today myself. And it's all because everyone was yelling at weird dude. I'd never known about it before that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
LA Park retweeted my meme, I can die happy.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

DangerDummy! posted:

lol I was checking it out today myself. And it's all because everyone was yelling at weird dude. I'd never known about it before that.

wow, that poster's galaxy brain takes about NJPW actually ended up supporting women's wrestling somehow

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Low Desert Punk posted:

wow, that poster's galaxy brain takes about NJPW actually ended up supporting women's wrestling somehow

Actually support women's wrestling and women in wrestling?? That's outrageous. All I wanted to do was complain about it on the internet and look cool and tough and with it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They get less than minimum wage, so actually if you didn't buy a shirt you're garbage.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MassRafTer posted:

LA Park retweeted my meme, I can die happy.

It’s a great one

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Whoo boy, saw this Corny tweet in my timeline and then followed the rabbit hole:

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/993832061650784257

Some of the replies in the thread are something. A lot of dudes seem to like trotting out Alexa vs. Braun or somebody as proof intergender matches can't work.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Quasipox posted:

Whoo boy, saw this Corny tweet in my timeline and then followed the rabbit hole:

Some of the replies in the thread are something. A lot of dudes seem to like trotting out Alexa vs. Braun or somebody as proof intergender matches can't work.

The best one up I ever got on Cornette was telling him Kenny Omega politely chooses not to break his mouthy jaw. Keep trying if that's a tickbox you ever wanna tick.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The argument that it doesn't look realistic is always my favorite. Like, if you've watched real fighting then 90% of wrestling doesn't look realistic.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Quasipox posted:

Cornette's a comic fan.

Ask him how he feels about Jean Grey vs. Magneto. Or Elektra vs. Daredevil. Or Thor vs. Hela.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

actually just ignore him

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Quasipox posted:

Yeah, I am famous. Where's my gold boat?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frankly if the most horrible opinion about women some white dude in his 80s has is that they shouldnt wrestle men then thats a thing to be grateful for

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tired: LA Park retweeting your meme
Wired: LA Park stealing your meme to challenge someone to a mask vs hair match

https://twitter.com/laparktapia/status/993929718511452160

LA Park is the best.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Many wrestling moves actually do hurt. Most of them.

What now, huh?!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm not a fan of intergender matches, ignoring all of the problematic stuff they are just difficult to pull off. The only two that really stick out in my mind are:

World's Cutest Tag Team vs. the Young Bucks for the PWG tag titles because it was an amazing match

Johnny Mundo vs Sexy Star in a cage match for the LU title from Season 3. I attended the taping and Mundo sold his rear end off for Sexy Star and made her look like a very good wrestler (she stinks).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Outside of LU's snuff matches and Russoisms, I've yet to see a badly put together intergender match. Now granted, I'm not watching fancams for some moneymark fed in Dubuque or actively searching for them but poo poo I've seen on both WWN and Powerbomb have always been exciting matches. So I really don't get the hubbub.

Also Jim Cornette's dropped repeated falls to women so that's whatever.

also lol:
17.11.1994 Kowabunga The Ninja Turtle defeats Jim Cornette. SMW/NWA New Jersey - Event @ Stanton Hall in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I'm not a fan of intergender matches, ignoring all of the problematic stuff they are just difficult to pull off. The only two that really stick out in my mind are:

World's Cutest Tag Team vs. the Young Bucks for the PWG tag titles because it was an amazing match

Johnny Mundo vs Sexy Star in a cage match for the LU title from Season 3. I attended the taping and Mundo sold his rear end off for Sexy Star and made her look like a very good wrestler (she stinks).

Candice LeRae vs Gargano was great. They wrestled each other a bunch before Johnny went to NXT and they are all good.

Also, Sara Del Rey vs El Generico from 2012 is great.

Tessa Blanchard vs Brian Cage from Wrestlecircus was really great too.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Almost every single person who ever replies to a tweet in support of Cornette looks like they’re probably a big racist

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
it’s good — fine, actually — correct, really — just, truthfully — to not pay attention to Vince Russo and Jim Cornette

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

Tired: LA Park retweeting your meme
Wired: LA Park stealing your meme to challenge someone to a mask vs hair match

https://twitter.com/laparktapia/status/993929718511452160

LA Park is the best.

Inspired: Rush retweeting the meme that LA Park stole.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Please don't get retired, MRT!

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

MassRafTer posted:

Inspired: Rush retweeting the meme that LA Park stole.

You should challenge them plus your hair is Lucha de Apuestas material.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/status/994027693132992512

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I remember watching cage vs taya on LU and cage just beat the poo poo out of her