Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
that link still 404s lol. maybe it's a paywall or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Nebalebadingdong posted:

that link still 404s lol. maybe it's a paywall or something?

Nah there is an extraneous period; pretty sad KJI didn't think to check it first lmbo

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Raldikuk posted:

Nah there is an extraneous period; pretty sad KJI didn't think to check it first lmbo

Oh well, now we can pieces this puzzle together

Kim Jong Il posted:

The main issue I have with If Not Now is their full throated defense of ... Louis Farrakhan.

This is IfNotNow's "full throated defense of Louis Farrakhan":

IfNotNow posted:

Last week, a leader of the Women’s March — an organization which, like us, exists to fight for the freedom and dignity of all people — attended an event at which Louis Farrakhan spoke and expressed many of his long-held antisemitic, homophobic, and transphobic views. Since then, there has been immense outcry from the Jewish community, expressing justified hurt, anger, and confusion.

Let us be clear: Louis Farrakhan is an antisemite. He is a homophobe and a transphobe as well. It is painful and confusing to see Women’s March leaders embrace Farrakhan, because it demonstrates that they may not take antisemitism as seriously as they take other forms of oppression. We love and respect our allies and will fight alongside them for justice — but it’s important for us to know they share our commitment to working against anti-semitism as part of that shared struggle. The statement released by the Women’s March on Tuesday was a first step, but it must be followed by meaningful action as well.

Let us be clear on this as well: the reaction by the Anti-Defamation League, the Republican Jewish Coalition, and other Jewish institutions to this incident has been outsized, particularly in the face of the rise of violent, antisemitic white nationalism. While Farrakhan’s influence is relatively small, this white nationalist movement has the ear of the President of the United States. Given this power discrepancy — and given these institutions’ own unwillingness to call out racism and Islamophobia in the American Jewish community, and discrimination based on ethnicity and religion in Israel — it is unsettling to see how often the ADL and others criticize Black and Muslim activists and politicians for any association with Farrakhan. That the ADL and other Jewish leaders undermining the Women’s March fail to understand that the true threat to our community today is the rise of white nationalism is a galling moral failure. Not only does it distract from white nationalism and problems in our own community, it sets up a false dichotomy between the Black and Jewish communities which painfully erases the existence of Black Jews.

The leaders of the Women’s March have erred. But we can name that error without writing them off. Our fight for collective justice requires strong relationships between allied groups who will sometimes hurt one another. The Jewish community must have faith in the ability of our allies on the left to grow, knowing that just as white Jews have to unlearn racism, non-Jews have to unlearn antisemitism. Luckily Judaism gives us the perfect tool for balancing accountability and faith in each other: t’shuvah, the process of apology, correction, and moving forward.

So KJI is lying again (duh)

Kim Jong Il posted:

It didn't 404 for me when I posted it, and that's easily searchable in 2 seconds on Google - https://medium.com/ifnotnoworg/ifnotnow-statement-on-louis-farrakhan-womens-march-and-antisemitism-509946e4b2c9. JVP's continued apology for anti-Semitism is again, well documented. You didn't respond to any of these, instead handwaiving them away, because you are arguing in bad faith.

"Just google it maaan" I'm not gonna do your work for you. Stop being a coward, etc.

Nebalebadingdong fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 5, 2018

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Seeing recent news from Israel, I'm thinking the US should start recruiting Palestinians for various sports franchises considering they can lob rocks and explosives 400+ yards. Just imagine what they could do with a baseball or football!

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
This:

quote:

While Farrakhan’s influence is relatively small, this white nationalist movement has the ear of the President of the United States.

Is absolutely true and I am continually amazed at how the "Israel First" crowd chooses to ignore Trump's role in stoking the fires of Nazism in the USA.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

VideoGameVet posted:

I am continually amazed at how the "Israel First" crowd chooses to ignore Trump's role in stoking the fires of Nazism in the USA.

Most of them only care about antisemitism insofar as it can be used as a bludgeon against critics of Israel. They're not concerned about Nazis in positions of power because they know that the entrenched pro-Israel ideological forces within the US government are much, much stronger, and that's all that really matters to them.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.0c1dc1f18ba7

just a reminder

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

VideoGameVet posted:

This:

Is absolutely true and I am continually amazed at how the "Israel First" crowd chooses to ignore Trump's role in stoking the fires of Nazism in the USA.

If anything, they would gladly embrace a reemergence of Nazism in the popular Western discourse as evidence for their thesis that Jews need to self-segregate for their continued survival.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Gregoriev posted:

If anything, they would gladly embrace a reemergence of Nazism in the popular Western discourse as evidence for their thesis that Jews need to self-segregate for their continued survival.

Yeah KJI himself was beating the drums of "All those Jews outside of Israel are gonna be genocided one day soon!".
That wonderful subtext of Israel secretly loathing large fairly charmed populations of Jews elsewhere that predate them, namely American ones.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Xander77 posted:

At least update it once every few years.

One day you'll engage directly with sources instead of lazy shitposting that seems like you're barely restraining yourself from going full antisemitism accusatory, and you'll feel much happier with yourself

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Viscardus posted:

Most of them only care about antisemitism insofar as it can be used as a bludgeon against critics of Israel. They're not concerned about Nazis in positions of power because they know that the entrenched pro-Israel ideological forces within the US government are much, much stronger, and that's all that really matters to them.

David Bernstein accused Obama of anti-Semitism because his declaration of May as Jewish Heritage Month because it included an insufficient number of strictly Zionist jews.

Then Trump won, put a bunch of openly anti-Semites in his administration, while simultaneously giving a boost to Israel. Suddenly, according to the same David Bernstein, the whole thing is an overblown moral panic

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It's not really a mystery why two groups who share the goal of ethnically cleansing Europe and America of Jews and shipping them all to a segregated ethnostate would be natural allies.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Yep, there were black separationists who got close with the KKK for the same reason.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AaZmoTSa8Q

IDF sends drones to tackle Palestinian kites, Palestinians use slings to take down drone.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Brings to mind the tale of David and Goliath.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Israel Hayom posted:

Israeli farmers powerless in face of Palestinian incendiary kite terror.

Wake me up when those terror kites start bombing residential homes and shooting unarmed protesters.:jerkbag:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"Terror kites", really. What's next? I'm betting on "Palestinian terror toothpicks".

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Eventually the IDF will reduce them to disposable spoons and dogshit, the only thing I live for is the spin that the media will give that.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

it's gonna be terror kittens and puppies.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Cat Mattress posted:

"Terror kites", really. What's next? I'm betting on "Palestinian terror toothpicks".

Toothpicks are pointy, at least.

quote:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-19975211

However, an Israeli official has conceded to the BBC that the attitude when compiling a catalogue of allowed items into Gaza - cinnamon was allowed, for example, while coriander was not - may not have been rational.

"We never understood why the Ministry of Defence actually forbade coriander to enter Gaza," Israeli Foreign Ministry Yigal Palmor told the BBC's Newshour programme.

"It did reflect some kind of petty interference with items that seemed of little note."

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Man there's uncountable awful things about the occupation but the pettiness of stopping coriander coming in

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You would not say that if you got injured in a case of Culinary Terrorism.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

NLJP posted:

Man there's uncountable awful things about the occupation but the pettiness of stopping coriander coming in

It's humanitarian aid, actually. Coriander is awful.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
so... war?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

https://twitter.com/AP/status/993944755691311104

Sure looks like it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I was trying to write a reply for 20 minutes but gently caress, just gently caress.
Short term consequences: a sharp rise in jingoism and support in the government.
Long term: the poorest 90% will be taxed to pay for the war, plenty of deaths and Gaza will be bombed again just for the hell of it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Well, what's it been, one week since the Knesset gave Bibi the power to unilaterally declare wars? Two? I'm sure they didn't see this coming.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I wonder when the "It's going to be a short, easy war" promise will arrive.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
What is the purported justification for these strikes?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Preemptive strike against missiles which were moved from storage to the launch site. allegedly.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

From what I can glean, it's that the missle emplacements that were bombed were "pointed at Israel". Therefore, Israel feared that the would be used to retaliate against strikes done against Iranian military emplacements earlier by Israel.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 9, 2018

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
literally "we have to bomb them to keep them from bombing us back for the last time we bombed them."

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

The coolest thing about israel waging war is how if they do it for longer than like a month they go bankrupt.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Ultramega posted:

The coolest thing about israel waging war is how if they do it for longer than like a month they go bankrupt.

You think they'll have any delays in calling Trump and getting a loan from the bank of Bomb and MAD

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Bibi is about to do his best Santa Claus impression, except the gifts are bombs.
Yes there's even some for you Tiny Tim!

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Illuyankas posted:

You think they'll have any delays in calling Trump and getting a loan from the bank of Bomb and MAD

Not at all; during the 2006 clash with lebanon they expended their entire stockpile of strategic weapons in like 3 days and received an emergency reup from the usa but it underscores the fact that israel is just a beat cop for american policy doing our dirty work like using direct violence against people the reactionary fucks in power want dead.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Bibi is about to do his best Santa Claus impression, except the gifts are bombs.
Yes there's even some for you Tiny Tim!

Sante Clause drops gifts on one night a year and is done. Channukah Harry drops gifts for 13 crazy nights, with the gifts getting better and better as the days go on.

Ultramega posted:

Not at all; during the 2006 clash with lebanon they expended their entire stockpile of strategic weapons in like 3 days and received an emergency reup from the usa but it underscores the fact that israel is just a beat cop for american policy doing our dirty work like using direct violence against people the reactionary fucks in power want dead.

I continue to fail to see much of a difference between Israel and America. Israel is the most American nation outside our 50 states; I would advocate that Israel should be offered special American territorial status by Congress given how close our Judeo-Christian democratic values align.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 10, 2018

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

shut the gently caress up retard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ultramega posted:

Hezbollah, the Assad regime, and the IRGC are reactionary fucks in power fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

They're also regional powers nowhere on the level of what the united states can bring to bear.

Also how is the Assad regime reactionary? I'm not going to downplay the heavyhandedness and brutality he's meted out but last I checked he's not an islamic fundamentalist like jaish al-islam etc. Even before he came to power he was the one who pioneered internet access to syria.

Ultramega fucked around with this message at 09:33 on May 10, 2018