Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Please, who cares about children and old people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

NOT ME

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
who doesn't bring their piss jugs with them to the theater?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

who doesn't bring their piss jugs with them to the theater?

just piss in the cup of soda you just drank smdh

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
gently caress Infinity War, I wanna see a crossover with Burt Gummer and Dale Gribble.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Screaming Idiot posted:

gently caress Infinity War, I wanna see a crossover with Burt Gummer and Dale Gribble.

With a cameo by Ron Swanson as the voice of reason.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Stairs posted:

I watched Tremors 6 yesterday and it mostly upset me because Burt was way harsher and meaner than he needed to be in almost every way. Burt's a chill badass who doesn't need to swear like a sailor or threaten people all the time to make his point and they just turned him into a jerk.
Also the "jokes" were terrible. Tremors is known for dumb jokes, but at least before they were funny.

I'm sorry to say that I have to agree with this post. I watched Tremors 5 and 6 back to back last night, and while 5 will never be preserved by the Library of Congress, it was still fun and entertaining overall. Tremors 6 is just not a lot of fun at all, and Burt is way more abrasive than he's ever been in the past.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC the sequels started introducing all different kinds of Graboids and one of them was called an "rear end Blaster."
Graboids have an increasingly complex life cycle to the point that its like all those bizarre larval instars crabs go through.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Panfilo posted:

Graboids have an increasingly complex life cycle to the point that its like all those bizarre larval instars crabs go through.

quote:

• Graboids are hatched from eggs laid by rear end-Blasters (the final stage in the life cycle), as indicated in Tremors 3. These eggs split open diagonally. Carbon dating has shown that the eggs can lie dormant for at least 300 years, explaining why Graboid sightings are rare and random. As shown in Tremors 4, the hatching of the eggs is prompted by warmth; in Tremors 4 hatched eggs were found in a hot spring.
  • Baby Graboids (nicknamed "Dirt Dragons", and by the fan-base, "Shooters"[citation needed]) are 4 feet (1.2 m) long[citation needed] and are much shorter and more compact in comparison to the adults, but already have the typical set of jaws and mandibles. The baby Graboids also have a row of armored scales on their backs for protection, which are shed before they fully mature. Like adults, they have large spikes used for digging; extra large rows of spikes sprout from the sides of their body. Being smaller than the adults, baby Graboids are able to hurl themselves out of the dirt to tackle prey, like "some kind of demonic trout", according to Hiram Gummer (portrayed by Michael Gross) in Tremors 4. Their tentacles are underdeveloped at this point in their lifecycle.
  • Upon maturing, Graboids will resume attacking and consuming prey. After that, they will seek a secluded spot where they will metamorphose. Three to six Shriekers will emerge from their body where they have been growing in large sacs, killing the Graboid. The exact number of Shriekers that emerge could possibly depend on how well-fed the Graboid is, usually between three and six.[citation needed] This is shown how in Tremors 2 the Graboids metamorphosed into three Shriekers each but in Tremors 3: Back to Perfection there was six. Alternately during Tremors: The Series it was mentioned that a Graboid had created four Shriekers.
  • Upon emerging, Shriekers will search for food. When they have eaten a sufficient amount of food, Shriekers will spit out a cocoon containing a mini version of themselves. This ability to reproduce asexually allows them to expand their numbers greatly over a short period of time, although it is unknown whether a Shrieker can produce more than one clone. The newborn Shrieker is fully developed, about 10 inches (25 cm) long[citation needed] and starts growing right after birth, as seen in Tremors 2.
  • When a Shrieker is around three days old, it will undergo a moulting process, turning into an rear end-Blaster.[citation needed] rear end-Blasters can live up to several years (an individual sold to Siegfried and Roy in Tremors 3 was still alive two years later).[citation needed] They attack anything warm. While shriekers reproduce asexually when they have fed enough, rear end-Blasters slip into a coma when they eat a large amount of food, as seen in Tremors 3. They can reproduce, however – each rear end-Blaster carries a Graboid egg in its gut. Because they cover large distances when flying, they can carry these eggs further away, as theorized by Jodi Chang in Tremors 3.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bajaha posted:

I need to see Tremors 6 since this franchise is my drug and I'm a junky that just can't turn it down.

Ditto. Right into my loving veins.

Stairs posted:

I watched Tremors 6 yesterday and it mostly upset me because Burt was way harsher and meaner than he needed to be in almost every way. Burt's a chill badass who doesn't need to swear like a sailor or threaten people all the time to make his point and they just turned him into a jerk.

[inhales]

NoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooo!

Burt's the only thing I watch the series for.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Gorilla Salad posted:

Burt's the only thing I anyone watches the series for.

Burt is the best part of any Tremors movie, past or present, imo

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
What I always loved about Burt is how even though he's a survivalist he's also a Good American™. He helps his fellow man (paid or unpaid), he prepares for the fall of the US and society but doesn't dream of it or anything.

Burt used a gun to threaten a tax man in Tremors 6.
Burt wouldn't do that.

Edit: I want to clarify that he is Anti-Government for sure, but he doesn't *hate* America. Also he would tell the tax man to go to hell but actually threatening one is irresponsible gun ownership.

Stairs has a new favorite as of 20:20 on May 4, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It say a lot for Michael Gross' skill as an actor that he can take a right wing, survivalist gun nut and make him such an endearing character.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Randalor posted:

I'm predicting the last line of Venom is going to be him stating "I am Venom".

I think that's going to be the end of the first or second act honestly.

1st act - introduce characters. Reporter time! Brock breaks into the lab and gets symbioted.

2nd - goons go after Eddie, he escapes, has a heart to heart with his new clothes, and there is a stupid motorcycle chase sequence ending withy"We are Venom".

3rd act - The Life Foundation let's a second person bond with another symbiote sample to hunt down venom and we have a lackluster Venom vs Carnage fight that's squandered as badly as the Doomsday fight in BvS.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There was already an allegedly leaked script that had the "We are Venom" line basically at the very end.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

sinburger posted:

I think that's going to be the end of the first or second act honestly.

1st act - introduce characters. Reporter time! Brock breaks into the lab and gets symbioted.

2nd - goons go after Eddie, he escapes, has a heart to heart with his new clothes, and there is a stupid motorcycle chase sequence ending withy"We are Venom".

3rd act - The Life Foundation let's a second person bond with another symbiote sample to hunt down venom and we have a lackluster Venom vs Carnage fight that's squandered as badly as the Doomsday fight in BvS.

Early in the movie, it is established that the symbiote is affected by electricity and we will see it partially separate from Brock. Then half way through the third act, Doc Ock shows up with upgrades to his tentacles that now sport taser-like tips. He rips the symbiote off Brock like that scene in Hellraiser 3, secures the symbiote and disappears. Ock will be established earlier in the movie as well with having some connection to the Life Foundation.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Venom's weakness is sound and chocolate :colbert:

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

Inzombiac posted:

Doc Ock will loudly eat a chocolate bar over Brock to get them to separate.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Kramdar posted:

Doc Ock will loudly eat a chocolate bar over Brock to get them to separate.

*camera pans to a crate of nestle crunch bars*

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Infinity war

why couldn’t Dr strange just put a time loop around thanos like in his own movie?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Sound and fire. It needs a chemical found in chocolate (and brains) to stay healthy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

oldpainless posted:

Infinity war

why couldn’t Dr strange just put a time loop around thanos like in his own movie?

There's a reason that Strange goes missing during some of the giant crossovers Marvel does, nobody can write a good reason he doesn't just snap his fingers and solve the problem.

Hell there's one miniseries I can think of off the top of my head where at the end Strange just undoes the past week and doesn't answer the door when Red Hulk comes knocking because by answering the world ended.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

Infinity war

isnt that basically what he did when he went into the future to find the one timeline where they won?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ugly In The Morning posted:

isnt that basically what he did when he went into the future to find the one timeline where they won?

I think OPL means to prevent murderpalooza from happening at the end altogether, and I think the answer to that is that Thanos was already so strong and in possession of so many stones that a simple time loop would never contain him successfully, and Strange saw that. It seemed that the one victorious scenario he saw involved Thanos getting the stone, and Tony surviving the snappening, and so Strange gave up the stone to make sure he was spared. That's why just before getting dusted he was like welp it's outta my hands now, gl brah

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

oldpainless posted:

Infinity war

Anything regarding "Why Dr.Strange Did/Didn't do _________" is because he saw everything and there was only one timeline where they won and he acted accordingly. Thanos could probably Stone his way out of the loop or something, he didn't even flinch when thrown into the Mirror Dimension.

A more appropriate IIMM is what the gently caress was that with Starlord just bashing Thanos on the head with his gun? It was absolutely dumb, Nebula was right there to stop him and no one calls him on it when Thanos is freed. If the writers couldn't figure a proper way to free Thanos from that trap - which was also very barebones - then don't trap him in the first place.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Yeah, any of the established Guardians characters should have chopped/blasted/beaten/nibbled off that dude’s arm at the elbow.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Samuringa posted:

A more appropriate IIMM is what the gently caress was that with Starlord just bashing Thanos on the head with his gun? It was absolutely dumb, Nebula was right there to stop him and no one calls him on it when Thanos is freed. If the writers couldn't figure a proper way to free Thanos from that trap - which was also very barebones - then don't trap him in the first place.

Did you not see Guardians of the Galaxy 2? What happened at being build up moment when Ego told him he put a tumour in his mom's brain? He immediately started shooting. I know that it could've used a few movies to really drive home that it's not just a one-off thing and that is absolutely a character trait but yeah, it's been shown that he's not the most rational guy in the world when someone goes I killed someone you love

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Yeah I mean it's ok to be mad "at" a character for doing something dumb but it's not a plothole if it's absolutely something they've been shown to do.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My IMM is when people expect all characters to operate 100% logically 100% of the time.

Worse yet are the morons who go, "Well if *I* was in that situation..."

Peter could have webbed him up maybe but everyone was at peak adrenaline and panic that they were singularly focused.

Peter is an immature dude who loves his friends so much. It's all he cares about.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

RareAcumen posted:

Did you not see Guardians of the Galaxy 2? What happened at being build up moment when Ego told him he put a tumour in his mom's brain? He immediately started shooting. I know that it could've used a few movies to really drive home that it's not just a one-off thing and that is absolutely a character trait but yeah, it's been shown that he's not the most rational guy in the world when someone goes I killed someone you love

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yeah I mean it's ok to be mad "at" a character for doing something dumb but it's not a plothole if it's absolutely something they've been shown to do.

The character acted the way he would in the situation, it's not that that gets me, what irked me is the situation existing at all. Everyone watching it knows that their plan won't work and Thanos will get away, it's just the way they decided he would escape was mindboggling annoying.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
How would you have written that scene?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I'm not a writer. Just having Thanos breaking free from Mantis control on his own would be fine by me, she was already struggling. She could still say he was suffering because he killed Gamora and then Quill could do some shooting or whatever.

I understand the characters actions and don't think it was an unnecessary inclusion, I just felt it could be handled better.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Mantis was able to put a literal planet sized Celestial to sleep while he's fighting, I think it's meant to be implied her touch based psychic powers are REALLY good.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I would have had a ref come in and tell them this is against the rules and they need to reset and start again.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Infinity war

Strange could only pull the time loop on Dormammu because the dark dimension he was in. Kaecilius says it is a realm without death or time, and Strange gets the idea that he can use that to his advantage. I imagine in a normal reality, Strange couldn't do that, so he couldn't do the same on Thanos. Plus, Thanos might be able to use the Reality stone to break out of it if that's the case.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

IUG posted:

Strange could only pull the time loop on Dormammu because the dark dimension he was in. Kaecilius says it is a realm without death or time, and Strange gets the idea that he can use that to his advantage. I imagine in a normal reality, Strange couldn't do that, so he couldn't do the same on Thanos. Plus, Thanos might be able to use the Reality stone to break out of it if that's the case.

Yeah. we don't know the limits of the MCU stones so it is anyone's guess as to what exactly the Time stone could do.
in Strange he only uses it to reform an apple, a building and a busted up alleyway.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Gaunab posted:

How would you have written that scene?

Have them all get completely steamrolled to establish that Thanos is beyond their hope of defeating already

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

oldpainless posted:

Infinity war

Why didn't he use one of his teleport circles to cut off Thanos' whole Gauntlet arm instead of just tying him up? They established those circles could lop off limbs like an hour before.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
At this point Thanos is just straight up stronger than Strange. Who knows if anything would really work on him if he decided to go all out instead of loving around shooting purple at nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Karma Tornado posted:

Why didn't he use one of his teleport circles to cut off Thanos' whole Gauntlet arm instead of just tying him up? They established those circles could lop off limbs like an hour before.

On the other hand Wong did that while on Earth to someone completely different so who even knows if it'd just immediately cut his arm off or take a while like a lightsaber cutting through a door.